Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,053 members, 7,821,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing (13230 Views)

Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing / Is Cloud Computing Possible Offline? / Cloud Computing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by likeme(m): 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2017
Just Like Kodak, Blackberry and Nokia, companies like Hp, Dell, IBM and the likes might die a natural death if they don't change strategy.

Cloud offerings are really taking over.
Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by Tunee(m): 11:04pm On Mar 25, 2017
likeme:
Just Like Kodak, Blackberry and Nokia, companies like Hp, Dell, IBM and the likes might die a natural death if they don't change strategy.

Cloud offerings are really taking over.

Everyone in the IT industry is well aware of how rapid technology changes and will most likely be ready for any change no matter how drastic it is.
In my opinion, as long as the cloud exists, these companies will continue to bloom. Most of them even have ties with the major public cloud providers, this is because of the services they provide aside selling hardware. IBM is also a public cloud provider.

The private cloud space is still very much alive and these companies are seriously exploiting it. They sell hardware (compute, network, storage) and cloud management solutions to enterprises who still have a need for private cloud. Mind you, this is only a fraction of what they do.

HP recently restructured, bought simplivity and nimble storage, probably because they also want a share of the hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) market. They're also a major contributor to the Openstack project, even though they recently sold that division. Their enterprise division also merged with another company to form a much bigger IT service company, dxc technology.

Dell acquired EMC, so they also own VMware and other companies under EMC.

IBM acquired Softlayer which isn't doing that bad. They also have bluemix, their PaaS offering and have also invested heavily in big data, machine learning, IoT and AI with IBM Watson.

Hope you're beginning to see the trend?

These are companies who live by the mantra "Innovate or die"

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by likeme(m): 10:54pm On Mar 28, 2017
Tunee:

Everyone in the IT industry is well aware of how rapid technology changes and will most likely be ready for any change no matter how drastic it is.
In my opinion, as long as the cloud exists, these companies will continue to bloom. Most of them even have ties with the major public cloud providers, this is because of the services they provide aside selling hardware. IBM is also a public cloud provider.

The private cloud space is still very much alive and these companies are seriously exploiting it. They sell hardware (compute, network, storage) and cloud management solutions to enterprises who still have a need for private cloud. Mind you, this is only a fraction of what they do.

HP recently restructured, bought simplivity and nimble storage, probably because they also want a share of the hyper converged infrastructure (HCI) market. They're also a major contributor to the Openstack project, even though they recently sold that division. Their enterprise division also merged with another company to form a much bigger IT service company, dxc technology.

Dell acquired EMC, so they also own VMware and other companies under EMC.

IBM acquired Softlayer which isn't doing that bad. They also have bluemix, their PaaS offering and have also invested heavily in big data, machine learning, IoT and AI with IBM Watson.

Hope you're beginning to see the trend?

These are companies who live by the mantra "Innovate or die"

They seem to have changed strategy and position themselves for the trend in the industry.
Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by folba(m): 2:45pm On Mar 29, 2017
Hello everyone I am fresh graduate. I have got an interest in cloud computing as it is the next big thing in the IT industry.I just need someone here to lead and guide in building my career in cloud computing.Your wealth of knowledge and resources will be much appreciated. Skwalker5 likeme Tunee
Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by likeme(m): 7:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
You can go and start with AWS on youtube.
Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by routik(m): 10:22pm On Apr 19, 2017
Hello guys!
It's good to breeze in here again.

Well, I have been getting my hands dirty with Mikrotik.

likeme:
You can go and start with AWS on youtube.

I think I am interested in becoming a Microsoft Azure Pro. @Skywalker5 How do I get started?
Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by wayaa007(m): 7:02am On Apr 20, 2017
Just started Azure and O365 training, already have done CCIE (r&s) training, took the exams too, passed written..., done MCSA server 12, passed the exams, done AWS, yet to take the exams.
And i must say, if system admins don't update their knowledge to cloud computing, they might be out of jobs in a couple of years.
Cloud is the future!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by Skywalker5(m): 7:57am On Apr 20, 2017
routik:
Hello guys!
I think I am interested in becoming a Microsoft Azure Pro. @Skywalker5 How do I get started?

You can start from here https://mva.microsoft.com/ but my advise is to start with Microsoft server 2012 or 2016.Once you understand that, you can move to Azure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by wonlasewonimi: 4:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
wayaa007:
Just started Azure and O365 training, already have done CCIE (r&s) training, took the exams too, passed written..., done MCSA server 12, passed the exams, done AWS, yet to take the exams.
And i must say, if system admins don't update their knowledge to cloud computing, they might be out of jobs in a couple of years.
Cloud is the future!

They will be out of jobs. Cloud ti take over.

I'm going to write AWS Certified solution Architect Associate and Pro before the end of July. I am also learning python and Linux.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by routik(m): 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
Skywalker5:

You can start from here https://mva.microsoft.com/ but my advise is to start with Microsoft server 2012 or 2016.Once you understand that, you can move to Azure

Okay. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by Mellorix: 12:54pm On Jun 08, 2017
wonlasewonimi:

They will be out of jobs. Cloud ti take over.

I'm going to write AWS Certified solution Architect Associate and Pro before the end of July. I am also learning python and Linux.

How many companies in Nigeria do you think are using cloud amazon aws? lol im not sure yet. But it is far growing in the UK and the rate of skilled AWS engineers for IT contractors is from 400 pounds/Day average ! But Nigeria , no , we are dealing with recession lol
Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by wayaa007(m): 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2017
Mellorix:

How many companies in Nigeria do you think are using cloud amazon aws? lol im not sure yet. But it is far growing in the UK and the rate of skilled AWS engineers for IT contractors is from 400 pounds/Day average ! But Nigeria , no , we are dealing with recession lol

Not really recession, coz in a recession, companies look to cut costs, cloud services cut costs.
i feel it's just lack of awareness
Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by Mellorix: 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2017
wayaa007:

Not really recession, coz in a recession, companies look to cut costs, cloud services cut costs.
i feel it's just lack of awareness

Cloud wont really cut cost in Nigeria if you analyse it very well. Nigeria is just too cheap!
Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by wayaa007(m): 6:18am On Jun 14, 2017
Mellorix:

Cloud wont really cut cost in Nigeria if you analyse it very well. Nigeria is just too cheap!

Cheap?
Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by Mellorix: 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
wayaa007:

Cheap?

low in price, especially in relation to similar items or services

1 Like

Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by Mellorix: 11:02am On Jul 14, 2017
Guys! whats happening in the IT Market!! what have you guys been up to ? I think we should form a whats app group! I can create one then you guys can drop number and i add .
Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by likeme(m): 10:55am On Jul 15, 2019
Devops , Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) , Software as a Service, IoT, Data Science, Serveless computing, Blockchain Technology all continues to grow.
Re: Thread For Infrastructure, Networks, Virtualisation And Cloud Computing by dafemnet: 2:29am On Jul 16, 2019
likeme:
Devops , Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) , Software as a Service, IoT, Data Science, Serveless computing, Blockchain Technology all continues to grow.
Add Virtualization also.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Norton Buys Avast For Over $8 Billion / Let's buy your UK Used and Nigeria Used Laptops ( Terms and Conditions) / How Do Nigerians Afford The N16,000 Per Month Internet Bill. This Is Like $160

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.