Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,235 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits (20532 Views)

Who Remembers How To Play Table Soccer? (photo) / Table Tennis And Snooker Court: Who Knows The Price / Snooker And Table Tennis For Rent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by playcharles(m): 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2012
THOUGHTFUL
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by doublej1(m): 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2012
Very creative, using the available resourses to get what the want. Pls, this shows that they might be poor physically but are not poor mentaly. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2012
double j1: Very creative, using the available resourses to get what the want. Pls, this shows that they might be poor physically but are not poor mentaly. Thanks.
Well said!

1 Like

Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by adoken: 3:44pm On Aug 27, 2012
Looking beyond the physical....That shows a rich mind product, creating something from available means, if these kids were in China or America, the world will hear and celebrate them, but as the merry-go-round situation is in Africa, we will make statements and forget about these budding-lovely dream!

1 Like

Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by Yinkay: 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2012
Creative,necessity is the mother of invention..

1 Like

Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by Lillyeean(f): 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2012
:oUnbelievable...then.... ;DHilarious
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by slimojas89(m): 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2012
creative..dunno how he would differentiate the white from the black ball sha grin

1 Like

Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by blackboi(m): 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2012
grin Gwara-Gwara?? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by ichommy(m): 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2012
Creative...
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by Timijo(m): 3:56pm On Aug 27, 2012
New invention
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by hammedkola(m): 4:06pm On Aug 27, 2012
Originality but Since Feb 10, it's just making the front page...na waoh

1 Like

Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
This picture tells a lot of stories, like most pictures do..........................

The story that captivates me the most is the lack of recreational facilities available for our kids to play with in Nigeria......

I remember as a kid growing up in Nigeria, we were so poor back then, my parents couldn't afford to buy football for me. Football was so precious back then that if you were a kid with football, we will worship you like a god.

We had to improvise, and had to use oranges and lemons to play football. When my Aunt finally sent be a leather football from Belgium, I guarded so much,and even slept beside my precious 'leather' football.

Providing these facilities for kids across the country is cheap, and has long-term benefits. It will ensure at least we don't come back from Olympics empty-handed and will make it difficult for our kids getting recruited by MEND and Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by masterpiecer(m): 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2012
Timijo: New invention

thats not a new invention, like someone said:
kunlekunle: they uninvented that invention.
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by begwong: 4:14pm On Aug 27, 2012
Lordmike: BACKWARDNESS
Were u opportuned at their age to play same

1 Like

Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2012
This is where genius and determination meet. This kids obviously have the talent and passion for this game. cool
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by harlos: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2012
wonderful
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by jeezybuck: 4:47pm On Aug 27, 2012
We poor Nigerians have to make ourselves happy. Dont blame us
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by BusHouse(m): 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2012
Booty4me: Boko haram
Exactly my thought. Check out the hut @ the back ground, these are fulani boko haram children. After much production of I.E.D it is now time for recreation. Stone age in the 21st century.
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by DonaldGenes(m): 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2012
The question is how many NL's can do this apart from blowing heavy grammar @ the slightest provocation..hahhahhahahaha
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by DonaldGenes(m): 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2012
ronkebp: creative.
you can say that aqain
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by Dejohnbull: 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2012
If dis is made in ITALY" my ppl wil say marble snooker. If dis is made in USA" my ppl wil say latest snooker in town is mud. Oya dis is made in AFRICA" my ppl say poverty. Remember dat our own PALMWINE is ur favourite forex SMILENOFF ICE...
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by henrychubayo: 5:00pm On Aug 27, 2012
Contented
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by NwaNimo1(m): 5:01pm On Aug 27, 2012
Useless children dey play pool - make dey go find work!

There's moni out dere to be made!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/603326_baby_Yoruba_vulcanizers_jpg4ae819f510ae18d92486593edfa2c475

1 Like

Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by DonaldGenes(m): 5:02pm On Aug 27, 2012
jeezybuck: We poor Nigerians have to make ourselves happy. Dont blame us
hahahhahahahahaha funny yah
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by FBS: 5:07pm On Aug 27, 2012
Creative, Resourceful..just name it! Boys must make themselves happy jare!
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by elimokhai(m): 5:19pm On Aug 27, 2012
Innovative no doubt, but personally I call this poverty, I mean this is retrogression. The rich kids can never be caught doing this all in the name of being crative. The sight took me back to the days of slavery
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:32pm On Aug 27, 2012
I'd NEVER pass by a scene like this without digging my hand deep into my pockets to help them buy a proper snooker set.....or at the very least, give them something for their commitment and dedication to the game.
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by dridowu: 5:35pm On Aug 27, 2012
I love 9ja wit passion
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by naturalwaves: 5:37pm On Aug 27, 2012
I see the picture is different things to different people.Someone even said 'chai' grin.It seems they(the kids) were born and bred in an Ethiopian village,so I won't say 'backwardness'with respect to their location.Afterall,Nigeria should be considered backward as a whole wen compared to other developed nations of d world.This is a great innovation and creativity backed with ingenuity.Watch out!!! These kids will go places if given d opportunity.
Re: Snooker-Table Made With Mud, Sticks & Fruits by abiamahart: 5:58pm On Aug 27, 2012
@Poster,
Can you give the location of this place. I have printed the photo and will like to donate an authentic Billards table to them.

This is ingenious and Fun too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Become A Legend Story (+PICTURES)(Comedy Mode) / Download Super Mario Bros PPSSPP Android Game - And Free PSP GOLD Emulator Play / The Best Game You've Ever Played

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.