Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Ladies Channel Your Inner Fashionista At Work - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ladies Channel Your Inner Fashionista At Work (1139 Views)

Is She A Bad Ass Fashionista Like Nicki Minaj?? Check This Out / Fashionista's Haven Of Makeup Tips / Kangna Ranaut The Daring Fashionista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Channel Your Inner Fashionista At Work by Naijacareerist: 4:30pm On Feb 10, 2012
I love fashion and just because I work in the corporate world does not limit my personality in my clothes. The days are long gone where you have to stick to black, blue, and a grey wardrobe for work, but keep in mind that you still leave an impression on everyone you work with. It is important to bring your personaltity into what you wear to work, because it makes you unique. You will be surprised that what you wear can be the difference between you and another person for a promotion. Ladies there are a lot of fun colors you can wear that bring a pop in your wardrobe. Colorblocking will still be in season for spring. Think about wearing a silk green blouse with a vibrant purple skirt.  Imagine an orange cardigan with a blue wide leg pant.  Always make sure you are well groomed. If you wear braids or dreads make sure they are neatly groomed. It is not essential for you to have acrylic nails, but keep your nails well manicured. It really makes a differences. Be mindful of your hair choices. There are no policies that keep you from having a 25 inch weave at work, but your boss may think you look unprofessional. In this post I have written out a few items that are classic staples for the fashionita who works in the corporate world.  Here are must have items that should be in your wardrobe to look successful at work.

Watch- Not only is a watch functional, but also serves as eye candy to your wrist.

Black Pumps- Whether you are into round toe or pointed pumps you can never go wrong with this staple item for your wardrobe.

White Blouse- A crisp white blouse never goes out of style, and doubles as a great top for causual fridays in your office with a pair of blue jeans.

Earring studs- Some women are not into jewlery, and the way to eliminate the frustrtaion of figuring out what earing to wear can simple be solved with everyday pearl earings or gold studs.

Pencil skirt- I love pencil skirts, I feel you can never go wrong with this piece. It also is a great item to slim your figure.

Cocktail Ring- Have a statement ring that can bring a simple black dress into an elegant statement at work

Blazer- These days blazers are coming in all types of shapes, and colors. Blazers are great pieces to your wardrobe because you can always mix it up with other pieces to change your look from dressy to casual.

Pearls- Now maybe I am biased with this piece because I am in a sororit where pearls is our symbol, but I feel pearls just adds a feminie touch to whatever you wear.

Suit- Some women perfer pant suits, and other perfer skirt suit. Regardless of your prefeance it is a must for every women's closet. This suit is an essetial piece for interviews, and important meetings.

Wide leg pants - I love wide leg pants there is just a way about them that commands attention when they swish as you walk across the room. Wear it with a skinny belt and you will look amazing

Silk Blouse - You can never go wrong with a silk blouse.  A silk blouse adds richness to your outfit and can be worn with almost anything.

Original source: http://naijacareerist.com/ladies-channel-your-inner-fashionita-at-work/
Re: Ladies Channel Your Inner Fashionista At Work by chika98: 4:11am On Feb 11, 2012
You know I just love how everyone's a stylist on this here Nairaland. Must be really nice grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Achieve Perfect Brows | Watch Tutorial Video / Hats And Mini Skirt Show / Ladies, Can You Rock These Braids? ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.