Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? (16808 Views)

The Aussie Investigator Indicts Sanusi's CBN As Boko Haram Financier / PHOTO of Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (CBN) Governors Wife / Is Lamido Sanusi (CBN Governor) Pursuing A Hidden Agenda? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by ITbomb(m): 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2012
This is a man who inherited a banking sector which according to Business day 2006 edition averred that “for every five Nigerians with a good job, three
are bankers”.

Today, we have a Sanusi who in his usual voodoo economic jingoism has created more unemployment and inefficiency in the banking sector than the military junta.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by ITbomb(m): 4:56pm On Feb 13, 2012
Brilliant quote from jp phillips

Who is this man Sanusi?
In the words of his predecessor who consolidated
these banks, “the banks were more financially robust” and doing bigger business but along the
line something happened.
There was partial deregulation and the cost of
diesel went all time high and very scarce, some of
those companies who took loans from the banks
were running high over head cost and couldn’t survive the tsunami of events that followed,
Job cuts, and eventual closure was the case. During
the last days of chukwuma soludo, the businesses
were already down so no way to repay the bank
loans.
The banks were stranded but soludo applied wisdom, in his words ‘’ decision making in the
banking system must carry the instrument of
perception along’’ and that was exactly what he
did, he quickly created an EDW whereby the near
distressed banks could quietly access Govt. loans to
revive their institutions hoping to keep people’s confidence in tact while the banks gradually
recover.
Here comes our Sanusi with his usual economic
parlance and political jingoism.
Destroyed the first instrument of perception which
soludo fought so hard to preserve by coming on National television to announce that those banks
are not healthy. Till date, we lost one of the most
viable sectors of this economy; we lost meaningful
employments and international confidence in our
banking institutions in its entity, thanks to Sanusi’s
voodoo economic theories and mystic economic solutions.
I ask again; who is this Man Sanusi and his mission
in this country?
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by mensdept: 5:08pm On Feb 13, 2012
Yes, Soludo was just okay. We dont need to overpraise people. The next thing you'll hear folks saying Soludo for Gov 2015, or Soludo for Prez 2015, even Soludo for Republican Nominee against Obama.

Anyway, his whole Naira scheme to help strengthen the Naira was pretty much rejected by people domestically (and especially internationally) that were benefiting from the high exchange rate.

So, we have a long way to go in being clever like the Chinese, Arabs, and Westerners.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by Sunofgod(m): 5:10pm On Feb 13, 2012
Soludo is a Professor
Sanusi is an illiterate - with qualifications in religious studies.

Of course the two of them cannot be compared.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 13, 2012
No comparisons at all. You just need to examine the economic impacts of their regime; Soludo transformed the banking sector that was filled with crappy semi-akawo houses to a sector that can boast of corporate banking giants like UBA, First Bank, GTB, Zenith et al with strong presence across Africa. Under Soludo's regime, the growth of the Nigerian banking sector was enormous; banks had a bigger capital base, increased number of bank branches across the country, increased jobs etc. Bankers felt cool cool cool ,it was even under soludo's regime that people like sanusi had the opportunity to become top bankers.
Meanwhile sanusi is building bakeries, hotels and donating to charity

1 Like

Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by Afam4eva(m): 6:52pm On Feb 13, 2012
Soludo is by miles better than our Aboki CBN governor. He made the banking industry what it is today. Btw, why was Sanusi picked as the CBN governor when he had so many seniors in the banking sector.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by mirob(f): 7:04pm On Feb 13, 2012
By the way when is his tenure going to expire cos this man needs to get out of that CBN as soon as possible.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 13, 2012
2013?
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by Ohaneze1: 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2012
Soludo Solution.

Its Chukwuma Soludo for president 2015. He is the SE consensus candidate
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by Onlytruth(m): 10:52pm On Feb 13, 2012
There was never any sane basis for wanting to compare Soludo and Sanusi.

Soludo is a FIRST CLASS economics brain, while Sanusi is just a Fulani prince.

One of the things I constantly lament about Nigeria is that Nigeria is a country at war with itself; always trying to impose quota system and national character on the most strategic of offices in the land. In doing so, competence is always sacrificed, and the nation set backwards.

Throughout Soludo's tenure, everyone could see clearly a very energetic, intelligent, optimistic and transformative character in charge at the CBN.
If Nigeria were USA, Soludo's tenure at the CBN would have survived MANY presidents, because why change a winning team at the central bank? But No. In Nigeria, even JEALOUSY play more important roles in our national planning. Soludo was about to become the greatest CBN governor, hence he had to be stopped lest his people recieve the credit due to him. Even if it meant that the nation would have to go back 20 years as it has under Sanusi.

This is why some Nigerians are convinced that the only way forward is total disintegration of Nigeria so that all who wants the Soludos of this world to lead would have the type of leader they deserve, while the Sanusi types would also have him to lead them.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by Yeske2(m): 12:10am On Feb 14, 2012
So sad living with this reality but any hope at all?
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by Mrfemi1: 12:31am On Feb 14, 2012
Common guys haba!! which one be all this praise for soludo, the dude transformed the banking sector no doubt but we all know how he ended it but all this ethnic support despite his shortcomings is funny and unreal, the guy failed at the end lets admit. And yes Sanusi is brilliant but he is an ethnic bigot, a northern instrument to serve the norths agenda and also a islamic fanatic. I hope I have been objective enough LOL
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by htajz: 12:41am On Feb 14, 2012
Onlytruth:

One of the things I constantly lament about Nigeria is that Nigeria is a country at war with itself; always trying to impose quota system and national character on the most strategic of offices in the land. In doing so, competence is always sacrificed, and the nation set backwards.

Throughout Soludo's tenure, everyone could see clearly a very energetic, intelligent, optimistic and transformative character in charge at the CBN.
If Nigeria were USA, Soludo's tenure at the CBN would have survived MANY presidents, because why change a winning team at the central bank? But No. In Nigeria, even JEALOUSY play more important roles in our national planning. Soludo was about to become the greatest CBN governor, hence he had to be stopped lest his people recieve the credit due to him. Even if it meant that the nation would have to go back 20 years as it has under Sanusi.

This is why some Nigerians are convinced that the only way forward is total disintegration of Nigeria so that all who wants the Soludos of this world to lead would have the type of leader they deserve, while the Sanusi types would also have him to lead them.

i totally agreed with you.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by mensdept: 12:43am On Feb 14, 2012
Ohaneze1:

Soludo Solution.

Its Chukwuma Soludo for president 2015. He is the SE consensus candidate

I knew it. You guys just cant help it. Automatic ticket for office. Meanwhile we should concede to the current group of leaders for the next 3 years to slice and dice billions of naira abi.

Jeez
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by htajz: 12:44am On Feb 14, 2012
Mr femi:

Common guys haba!! which  one be all this praise for soludo, the dude transformed the banking sector no doubt but we all know how he ended it but all this ethnic support despite his shortcomings is funny and unreal, the guy failed at the end lets admit. And yes Sanusi is brilliant but he is an ethnic bigot, a northern instrument to serve the norths agenda  and also a islamic fanatic. I hope I have been objective enough LOL

pls soludo did more than just heading CBN ,jobs in banking sector where increasing every year, out of every 10 graduates, 6 will get job in banking sector but now what do we have stand still since sanusi came in , infact we are going back to square one.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by htajz: 12:46am On Feb 14, 2012
mens dept:

I knew it. You guys just cant help it. Automatic ticket for office. Meanwhile we should concede to the current group of leaders for the next 3 years to slice and dice billions of naira abi.

Jeez

what is wrond in soludo going for a political post? he has a good record, me personally think he would have performed better than peter obi in anambra but i guess anambra people dont want anything to do with PDP
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by Mrfemi1: 12:50am On Feb 14, 2012
make una relax abeg the same guy that did all that could have destroyed it lets leave all this ethnic support, soludo na brilliant politician. I prefer him to sanusi but lets just call a spade a spade.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by mensdept: 12:58am On Feb 14, 2012
htajz:

what is wrond in soludo going for a political post? he has a good record, me personally think he would have performed better than peter obi in anambra but i guess anambra people dont want anything to do with PDP

Thank goodness Anambra people (who have a rep for liking to Pose) dont want anything to do with sorry az.z PDP.

Soludo can contest. Nothing wrong with him or you contesting. At least its not Abachas son or Kema Chikwe scheming to be rigged in lol.

Yet, we are always too quick to immediately award folks Presidency come 2015 abi 2019.

Just take am easy. We still have to be hostile to the current barbarian Senators and Governors who are wasting our kids future
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by EkoIle1: 1:52am On Feb 14, 2012
lmao

Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by executinal(m): 1:52pm On Feb 14, 2012
You can't compare Soludo and Sanusi though their name start with S, Lol.
24 hours Banking and Employment for the youths says it all,

Onlytruth:

Spot on cool
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by kbdrim(m): 1:53pm On Feb 14, 2012
soludo is a thief, i repeat a big thief, he was only interested in dinners and awards from the bank ceos he was suppose to be regulating
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by dripstoil: 2:04pm On Feb 14, 2012
Solutdo was a CBN Governor, Sanusi is a CBN Dictator
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by cardoso111(m): 2:14pm On Feb 14, 2012
Soludo is it!
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by DisGuy: 2:20pm On Feb 14, 2012
over 50,000 jobs have been lost in the financial sector in Europe and the rest of the world

Soludo is bettter than those CBN and FEd reserve guys! he created job, he should be world bank president grin

mens dept:

Yes, Soludo was just okay. [b]We dont need to overpraise people. The next thing you'll hear folks saying Soludo for Gov 2015, or Soludo for Prez 2015, even Soludo for Republican Nominee against Obama.[/b]Anyway, his whole Naira scheme to help strengthen the Naira was pretty much rejected by people domestically (and especially internationally) that were benefiting from the high exchange rate.

So, we have a long way to go in being clever like the Chinese, Arabs, and Westerners.

he has already contested and lost VP, Governorship election, I wonder why those northerners in Abia didnt vote for him, its the fault of the northerners!
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by Amalaaba: 2:25pm On Feb 14, 2012
Please let Sanusi's tenure end before we condemn him.

For those who claimed that he is not qualified to hold the position, let not forget that he holds Bsc/Msc in Economics and BA/MA in Islamic studies.
By the way, the last FRB of USA Governor studied history in University.

It is grossly unfair that he is being accused of being Islamic fanatics for completing Islamic bank started by Soludo. Why are you not accusing Soludo of been Christian fanatics for removing Arabic inscription from our currency? Corruption (Financial/moral) in Banking was at its best during Soludo's regime, thereby creating so many paper manipulators.

It is easy to paint the other people black, because they belong to a different ethnic or religious group; that is apartheid.

By the way, i think Sanusi talks too much for my comfort.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by HighChief4(m): 2:39pm On Feb 14, 2012
Sanusi is a disaster and should not be put on the same sentence with Soludo. Soludo transformed the banking sector, too bad this randy-mallam-Sanusi just threw everything to the curbs.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by overkillR(f): 3:04pm On Feb 14, 2012
Is Nigeria an Arabic nation? Why should the naira carry an arabic inscription on it? If removing it was all he achieved in his tenure then he's an achiever.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by overkillR(f): 3:05pm On Feb 14, 2012
Amalaaba:

Please let Sanusi's tenure end before we condemn him.

For those who claimed that he is not qualified to hold the position, let not forget that he holds Bsc/Msc in Economics and BA/MA in Islamic studies.
By the way, the last FRB of USA Governor studied history in University.

It is grossly unfair that he is being accused of being Islamic fanatics for completing Islamic bank started by Soludo. Why are you not accusing Soludo of been Christian fanatics for removing Arabic inscription from our currency? Corruption (Financial/moral) in Banking was at its best during Soludo's regime, thereby creating so many paper manipulators.

It is easy to paint the other people black, because they belong to a different ethnic or religious group; that is apartheid.

By the way, i think Sanusi talks too much for my comfort.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by emmke(m): 3:09pm On Feb 14, 2012
most posts here are based on tribal and regional sentiments. All sentiments, no objectivity.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by DisGuy: 3:12pm On Feb 14, 2012
maxpro-xl:

no need to compare, soludo is far better than the aboki prince. how can u compare an economics professor to a guru in religious studies.

soludo boosted the banking sector and created more employment than any CBN gov in the history of nigeria. capital base and asset base of all banks experienced tremendious growth. most banks could fund multi-million dollar projects and there was stability in the sector.

all sanusi did was create mass unemployment and tension in the system all in the name of sanitising the system. targeting some CEO's that he had beef for way back in his days as a bank director.
after then he told bank ceos that have spent over ten years to step down, can u imagine. of what relevance is that. just because he wanted people like jim ovia(zenith) and elumelu(uba) out of the system.

just recently CBN donated N100m to victims of kano bomb blasts. when did kano state become CBN responsilibility. its all in a bid to steal public funds. even state governors cant afford to donate such amount. akpabio donated N40m. who gave sanusi so much power to mis-manage public funds.

dont be deceived. SANUSI IS A RELIGIOUS FANATIC, TRIBALISTIC AND an EDUCATED ILLITERATE

i never understand why people cook this up, how will you have beef with another M.D, when you are not in the same company

the 10 year rule for CEOs was there before him, why didnt they sue him? these guys know they were let off lightly, better to turn their energies somewhere else, than play dictator for life.
Re: Sanusi's CBN Performance: Soludo Was Better After All? by aribisala0(m): 3:18pm On Feb 14, 2012
Soludo is a Professor.

Where

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is The Contribution Of South East Region To The Federation Account? / Fayemi Plotting To Implicate Me, PDP Leaders With Murder - Fayose (VIDEO) / I'm So Confident PDP Will Kick APC Out Of Power In 2019 -gov Udom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.