Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,580 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Kabiru Sokoto Names Boko Haram’s Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kabiru Sokoto Names Boko Haram’s Leaders (3385 Views)

Photos Of Boko Haram leaders captured by the army recently / Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kabiru Sokoto Names Boko Haram’s Leaders by uchlukez(f): 6:42am On Feb 14, 2012
Kabiru Sokoto names Boko Haram’s leaders
February 14, 2012   ·   No Comments   ·  By The Nation

Army kills 12 sect members in gun battle

MORE facts have emerged on the workings of Boko Haram, the dangerous sect that has bombed, robbed and killed in many cities of the North.

The sect’s leader, Imam Abubakar, operates from Borno State, the hotbed of the insurgency – and a “key strategist”, Abu Mohammed, is in charge of the North Central, according to the detained suspect, Kabiru Abubakar Umar Dikko, who is also known as Kabiru Sokoto.

Sokoto, the rearrested Christmas Day bomb suspect, reportedly told detectives that Boko Haram’s operations were being hurt by the arrest of its key leaders. Besides, he is said to have spoken on the sect’s sources of cash, including bank raids, and how it spends its money.

The suspect allegedly admitted that security agencies are closing in on the sect’s leaders and co-ordinators.

He also said he thought he was invincible until his re-arrest by the State Security Service (SSS) last Friday.

A source, who spoke in confidence on Sokoto’s interrogation, said: “The suspect gave more stunning disclosures which have boosted the confidence of security agencies that the operation against Boko Haram can be successful.

“From the suspect, we have been able to discover that while the leader of Boko Haram, Imam Abubakar, is calling the shots from Borno State, another key strategist of the sect, Abu Mohammed, is in charge of the North Central.

“The suspect is a respected member of the sect and he is an insider whose arrest might create an upset for Boko Haram.”

Sokoto is said to have provided details on the internal operations of the sect and why its leaders “disagree occasionally”.

Responding to a question, the source said the suspect admitted that if he could be arrested and re-arrested, it is a matter of time before more leaders are picked up.

The source quoted Sokoto saying in an emotional tone: “For instance, I never for once believed I could be arrested.

“I thought I was invincible. But now I’ve realised that if I could be arrested; if Abdullahi Damasak, the spiritual adviser, could disappear (arrested), then it’s a matter of time before everyone is caught.”

The source also claimed that the suspect allegedly told his interrogators how funds from raids on banks were always shared to five groups.

It was learnt that Sokoto recalled how N41m, proceed of a bank raid, almost caused disquiet within the sect.

“A major source of distrust and acrimony in the group was a N41million got from a bank that was not accounted for,” the source quoted Sokoto as saying, adding:

“Normally, the money is supposed to be shared to five groups: the less privileged, widows of those who died in the jihad, Zakat, those that brought in the money, and the last to the leadership to be used in prosecuting the jihad.

“We don’t know how this money was spent and nobody dared ask questions for fear of death. Even those who took part in the robberies are also always compelled to pay Zakat on their share to the leadership. The leader (Shekau) appropriates what goes to the widows, less privileged, zakat and leadership.

“The leader also gives out wives of those killed the way he wants and marries some in the name of giving them protection. For instance, he’s ‘married’ to one of Mohammed Yusuf’s wives.

“Everyone lived in fear more of leadership of the group than security agencies.”

The late Yusuf led the sect before he was killed in police custody.

The Army at the weekend killed 12 suspected Boko Haram fighters during a raid in Maiduguri, a military spokesman told AFP yesterday.

Joint Task Force spokesman Lt.-Col. Hassan Mohammed said there was a shootout in the city late Sunday between soldiers and “gunmen suspected to be members of Boko Haram … In the encounter 12 members of Boko Haram were killed
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Names Boko Haram’s Leaders by Nigerd(m): 8:03am On Feb 14, 2012
Thank God, More revelation, LORD God pls do as u promise to unearth the enemies of this Nation,
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Names Boko Haram’s Leaders by velo10: 8:29am On Feb 14, 2012
Kudos to the SSS for making this intelligent arrest unlike the Nigerian police that arrests 100s of innocent people in the name of doing their job.
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Names Boko Haram’s Leaders by 13volts(m): 8:59am On Feb 14, 2012
Enough of this trash. What is the revelations here? we know Boko Haram rob banks and we know proceeds will normally be shared amongst the members and widows of slain members. What we want to know are who are the major sponsors and we want high profile arrest. shikena
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Names Boko Haram’s Leaders by Gbawe: 11:06am On Feb 14, 2012
13volts:

Enough of this trash. What is the revelations here? we know Boko Haram rob banks and we know proceeds will normally be shared amongst the members and widows of slain members. What we want to know are who are the major sponsors and we want high profile arrest. shikena

Thank you OOOO. What is this 'kumbaya' shite from those involved with slaughtering their fellow men, women and children like Chickens? What we want to see is the arrests of the top boys Sokoto surely knows . This is why I despise this insincere FG. It is not today they have being saying they know who the sponsors of Boko Haram are. Meanwhile, no one of note ever gets arrested when we all know Boko Haram is backed by many at the top of Northern society

Abeg, they should spare us these tales by moonlight they concoct to make it appear Qaqa and Sokoto are contrite. It was the same routine with Konduga. Yet we never see the killings abate or top sponsors arrested and detained. How will the group ever be defeated if sponsors are not put out of business? Was Yusuf, the original leader, not executed? Did that stop Boko Haram? Did sponsors not then easily replace Yusuf and others with the Shekaus, Qaqas and Sokotos of the world? Nonsense.

In serious Nations, the arrest of Sokoto (top planner ) and Qaqa (spokesman) surely would have led to a no-nonsense crackdown against sponsors of this group by now.  If it were the USA , for example, demands would be made for the surrender of collaborators from Chad, Niger, Cameroon et al because Nigeria should never tolerate murderous actions against it people from folks in those Nations !!!! Many raids would have been carried out now with 'top boys' arrested everywhere. Instead we are reading ridiculous melodramatic nonsense daily (see below) and being patronisingly told what is already known. And some are praising this as 'revelations'? Nigerians sha. Always accepting low standards everywhere to include even the safegaurding of their own lives.

The source quoted Sokoto saying in an emotional tone: “For instance, I never for once believed I could be arrested.

“I thought I was invincible. But now I’ve realised that if I could be arrested; if Abdullahi Damasak, the spiritual adviser, could disappear (arrested), then it’s a matter of time before everyone is caught.”
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Names Boko Haram’s Leaders by Olaolufred(m): 12:13pm On Feb 14, 2012
Thank you 13 volts and gbawe.
If this govt is not ready to do anything,
I know someday whether peacefully or militarily,
the unholy marriage between these two incompatible fellows will end.
Me I am not ready to take these lies and clear lack of expertise.
When a man does not know much, he celebrates the little he knows.
Their so-called revelations are nothing but thrash. since our security outfits still live in the stone age, they don't really know the difference between tales and facts.
USA already knows how vulnerable we are. Someday foriegn interests will exploit our vulnerability for their good.
Again Thanks to the last two commentators.
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Names Boko Haram’s Leaders by Gbawe: 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2012
Olaolufred:

Thank you 13 volts and gbawe.
If this govt is not ready to do anything,
I know someday whether peacefully or militarily,
the unholy marriage between these two incompatible fellows will end.
Me I am not ready to take these lies and clear lack of expertise.
When a man does not know much, he celebrates the little he knows.
Their so-called revelations are nothing but thrash. since our security outfits still live in the stone age, they don't really know the difference between tales and facts.
USA already knows how vulnerable we are. Someday foriegn interests will exploit our vulnerability for their good.
Again Thanks to the last two commentators.

My brother, let me give the entire forum something to ponder about. Yusuf, the former leader of Boko Haram, is dead after being executed summarily and extra-judicially. Sherriff , along with other politicians who started Boko Haram and aided Yusuf, is alive and thriving today. We hear he is even planning to float an airline after financing many brainwashed and lost souls  to kill those who embrace western values, education,science and practices that delivers the organized environment leading to the development of the political institution and profitable private sector Sherriff has continously benefitted from.

Odili is living large today even as Soboma George and the many other 'Frankensteins' he created are dead. The point is that the 'evil genuises' are always left free to create more 'Frankenstein' monsters in Nigeria while the insincere government, firmly part of the ,problem, pretends to be making 'progress'.

Is it not time ordinary Nigerians acquire enough sense, even if only via learning from history, to see through their deception and understand we are the 'expendables' being deceived and sacrificed for the greed of the "owners of Nigeria" who loathe confronting each other directly as per the consequences that might have towards the derailment of the 'gravy train'.

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Names Boko Haram’s Leaders by Gbawe: 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2012
Deleted. Double post.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Adams Oshiomole Escapes Death as 3 dies / Nigerian Skylines / Why Is Ahmadu Bello Still Held In High Esteem As Moral Compass Of Socieity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.