Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:41 AM

Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent (12536 Views)

Absence Of Evidence Stalls Kabiru Sokoto's Trial / What Happened To Kabiru Sokoto? / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
Abuja – Kabiru Umar, a terrorist suspect, accused of masterminding the bombing of St. Theresa Catholic Church in Madalla, Niger State, on Dec. 25, 2011, opened his defence at the Federal High Court on Monday in Abuja.

Giving evidence, Umar, alias “Kabiru Sokoto’’, who assumed the status of a witness, said the police and the State Security Service (SSS) extracted statement from him.
Kabiru Abubakar Dikko, alias Kabiru Sokoto

Kabiru Abubakar Dikko, alias Kabiru Sokoto

“I am aware of the charges brought against me; but, My Lord, I was tortured and mistreated several times to confess.

“All through the period of the investigation, I could not confess to the offence because I did not commit any offence.

“One of the operatives of the SSS asked me whether I knew one Habib Bama and I said no.

“He said to me that Bama was the actual mastermind of the bombings in Madalla.

“I was afraid of being killed, that was why I ran away from the custody the first time; I am innocent,’’ he said.

However, the prosecution counsel, Mrs Chioma Nwiegbu, prayed the court to adjourn the matter to July 9 for cross examination of the witness.

Umar was arraigned on April 19 in connection with the Christmas Day bombing.

He is alleged to have had information about the bombing but failed to inform law enforcement agents.

The suspect is also charged with being a member of a terrorist group, known as Boko Haram,between 2007 and 2012 at Mabira in Sokoto, Sokoto State.

He was also allegedly found to have facilitated the execution of a terrorist act within the period.

According to the charge, the suspect committed an offence contrary to Section 15(2) of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission Act 2004.

The two-count charge attracts life sentence, but the accused has pleaded not guilty. (NAN)

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/i-am-innocent-says-kabiru-sokoto/
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
He is not guilty until he is found guilty by the court. All I know is that he must be found guilty at last
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
Kabiru, kabiru, kabiru....ur fada!!! undecided

8 Likes

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
Those christians that died that day were innocent too.. "waiting for ur execution date".. 3rd shaa

2 Likes

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:17pm On Jul 08, 2013
Does he mean innocent Idibia?. To be serious this guy really has some strong backings cos he ought to have been dead by now

8 Likes

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by chymystique(f): 12:18am On Jul 09, 2013
So who is the Culprit
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 09, 2013
It remains to be seen if there is a strong case against Kabiru.
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by drake2005: 12:20am On Jul 09, 2013
Lets give him the benefit of the doubt. The young man said he was tortured and coerced to confess. This would be typical for anyone who is subjected to the same.

There was story a while ago of a young man confessing to a crime he didn't commit...why? Because the police tortured him and were about to place red water broiler on his di$ck; he confessed immediately. Who wouldn't?

2 Likes

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by illicit(m): 12:24am On Jul 09, 2013
@sokoto, u r not only innocent..... U are IDIBIA as well

3 Likes

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by tellwsdom: 12:27am On Jul 09, 2013
Kill this bastardd and let me see front read better news angry angry...Allowing animals in our midst is a strong taboo

2 Likes

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by samilo88(m): 12:29am On Jul 09, 2013
How come this guy is still alive till this time? Latter when he is given a death sentence, some stupid human rights watch would start talking trash.. Abeg let them behead that guy or are these people trying to dance on the graves of the departed?

3 Likes

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by Ayatullah(m): 1:05am On Jul 09, 2013
SLIDE waxie: Kabiru, kabiru, kabiru....ur fada!!! undecided

I will tell Kabiru for you tongue..............and you know what that means .......a deafening Gbooooooooooooooooooooooom!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by kingthreat(m): 1:35am On Jul 09, 2013
All you people calling for his head, may you never be victims of the incompetent Nigerian police who don't do their job well but always have people to serve as a prime suspect.

2 Likes

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by solomon111(m): 1:42am On Jul 09, 2013
kingthreat: All you people calling for his head, may you never be victims of the incompetent Nigerian police who don't do their job well but always have people to serve as a prime suspect.
He was not arrested by the police.
He was arrested by the SSS and they are far more competent than the police.

3 Likes

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by johnstar(m): 1:45am On Jul 09, 2013
*pipping*
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by Gombs(m): 2:16am On Jul 09, 2013
^^ it's 'peeping' plz

@OP, I dnt knw why I believe the guy, maybe he's saying d truth. I'd rather wait for him to get a fair hearing dan write wot folks above me are writing ie:

..Kill him
...He shd be beheaded

And most of y'all are supposed to be Christians...'Christ-like'. Y'all with such comments shd be ashamed of your selves, maybe y'all shd ask yourselves "What would Jesus have done?? Would he have typed what I just typed?"

I'm a christian BTW, n he deserves a fair trial, n am not saying this becos non of my family member nor frnd was in d blast.

Cheers

6 Likes

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by diarra94(m): 2:26am On Jul 09, 2013
omg nigeria. i honestly taught this guy was deep hell already.
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by Nobody: 2:27am On Jul 09, 2013
God pu*rni*sh you Kabir, idiooooootuuuuu. This is what happens when you don't shoot a terrorist on sight undecided Anybody with the address of the court? I am really burning inside and need to do something ASAP angry

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by Nobody: 2:42am On Jul 09, 2013
Gombs: ^^ it's 'peeping' plz

@OP, I dnt knw why I believe the guy, maybe he's saying d truth. I'd rather wait for him to get a fair hearing dan write wot folks above me are writing ie:

..Kill him
...He shd be beheaded

And most of y'all are supposed to be Christians...'Christ-like'. Y'all with such comments shd be ashamed of your selves, maybe y'all shd ask yourselves "Who would Jesus have done?? Would he have typed what I just typed?"

I'm a christian BTW, n he deserves a fair trial, n am not saying this becos non of my family member nor frnd was in d blast.

Cheers
A very beautiful comment by Mr. Fool 2013. Mtcheeeeew undecided

12 Likes

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by MichaelSokoto(m): 2:45am On Jul 09, 2013
Chai! Mrs Chioma Nwiegbu gor use Biafran vex & xcuse take fry kabiru 4 dis matta walahi!
Kabiru sorry eh, if u're found guilty, pls in ur next life, try get human feelings & sense! grin
21st to komment, fank u all 4 ur cooperation, *dancin etighi*
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by donted(m): 2:45am On Jul 09, 2013
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by donted(m): 2:46am On Jul 09, 2013
GEJ should be blamed for this. Cos some id*ot has already labeled him as a scape goat for every wrong doing in the country. SHM

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by toluernanes: 2:46am On Jul 09, 2013
er....not like i'm supporting the guy or anything, but, as far as he has not been declared guilty by a competent law court, he is presumed innocent. Most of you commenting do't know even a tiny bit of the facts of the case and how much evidence the state has against him but you're all convinced of his guilt.

and what iff a court declares him innocent? what happens then?

1 Like

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by BabaEleko(m): 2:59am On Jul 09, 2013
Den never torture am well well thats why hin dey claim to be Innocent Idibia celebrity.
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by YoursGEJ(m): 4:27am On Jul 09, 2013
Kabiru sokoto is guilty of all charges. Court.
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by 3ace(m): 5:08am On Jul 09, 2013
These lawyers are at it again. Dem don teach am wetin hin go talk for court. Why hin no kuku admit make hin die go meet hin 72 virgins. Shebi na d thing wey dem dey fight for be dat before.

2 Likes

Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by Fesisko(m): 5:17am On Jul 09, 2013
Baba_Eleko: Den never torture am well well thats why hin dey claim to be Innocent Idibia celebrity.
lol@Innocent Idibia.anyway, I pray the court to give him a fair hearing
,cos he is still innocent until proven guilty. If truly he was among the perpetrators, he will surely pay for it.
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by Vicilo(m): 5:22am On Jul 09, 2013
caword Kabiru , Y dnt u confess and go enjoy ur 1 million Ashawo in Hell . Shege Banza
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by eightsin(m): 5:40am On Jul 09, 2013
owkay...i'm waiting for d next drama
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by nerodenero: 6:02am On Jul 09, 2013
You aint innocent and no matter how you and your oga at the top tries to maneouvre justice,it shall prevail.The souls of the departed are crying justice and until it is achieved,they wont stop.
Re: Kabiru Sokoto Claims He Is Innocent by ngooka: 6:14am On Jul 09, 2013
If they have gotten all the information they need, let them kill him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Arrived Abuja Late From Kenya (photo) / SGF Office Gets N16bn For Constituency Projects In 2019 Budget - SaharaReporters / Rivers, Ebonyi, Anambra, Lagos And Kebbi Top States’ 2021 Fiscal Performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.