Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed (9531 Views)

The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport / Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed by henrychubayo: 8:55am On Feb 14, 2012
Hi my eastern brothers and
sisters. Can someone plz update
me on ongoing project of Enugu
international airport please? I
was one of the ppl who wrote
for the approval and building of
the airport but unfortunately am
not in Enugu or nigeria now but i
wish to know the state or level
of the project with pictures if
possible. Latest, i mean this year
scenes not last year please.
Regards
Re: Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed by Vicjustice: 11:43am On Feb 14, 2012
henrychubayo:

Hi my eastern brothers and
sisters. Can someone plz update
me on ongoing project of Enugu
international airport please? I
was one of the ppl who wrote
for the approval and building of
the airport but unfortunately am
not in Enugu or nigeria now but i
wish to know the state or level
of the project with pictures if
possible. Latest, i mean this year
scenes not last year please.
Regards
Though, this thread is intended for the Igbos, but please, allow anyone to contribute.
Though i may be wrong, but i am of the opinion, that the Federal Government might really be slow in the Enugu airport project out of reluctance, as they are aware that an international airport in Enugu may mean bad business for Abuja and Ikeja, but what about the one in Porthacourt, isn't that one in service?
Re: Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed by ARROBA(m): 3:01am On Sep 13, 2012
http://www.capitalethiopia.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1617:ethiopian-to-start-flights-to-enugu-nigeria&catid=54:news&Itemid=27

Ethiopian Airlines says it plans to start flights to the city of Enugu, in south eastern Nigeria soon as part of its attempt to extend its flight destinations in Africa’s most populous country and West African Power house Nigeria.
Tewolde Gebremariam CEO of the air carrier said Ethiopian also has plans to fly to the southern central port city and oil hub of Port Harcourt as well as Northern Nigeria’s largest city Kano, while increasing the number of flight trips to Nigeria’s capital city Abuja, Nigeria. “We want more flights to Abuja because now Abuja-Addis-Asia and Abuja-Addis-Dubai-Bangkok-China is the best flight option for Nigeria bound passengers,” said Tewolde adding that Ethiopian would be pleased to add flights to the country where it has been flying for more than 40 years. It currently has nearly 70 international destinations out of which 43 are in the African continent, while there are 17 domestic flights it operates.
The national flag carrier has recently started flights to the Indian ocean island archipelago of Seychelles, Toronto in Canada, and Port Novo in Benin. It is also planning to start flights before the end of 2012 to Kuala Lampur, capital city of Malaysia, expected to start on October 31 and Brazil’s commercial hub Sao Paulo, its first Latin America route expected to be in December.
As part of Vision 2025 Ethiopian plans to operate more than 120 airplanes flying to 90 plus destinations internationally carrying over 18 million passengers and 710,000 tons of cargo per annum while employing more than 17,000 people.
Its 2025 vision’s overarching objective is to continue the scaling up of profitable and sustainable growth to enhance its profitability and technology to make its staff, customers and financiers secure.
Ethiopian got its first Boeing 787 Dreamliner named “Africa first” delivered at Bole International Airport on August 17, 2012, making it the first African air carrier to receive the aircraft.
The airline is expected to receive a total of five 787 Dreamliner aircraft before the end of 2012 and five more airplanes in 2014
Re: Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed by moonraker(m): 3:24am On Sep 13, 2012
When will Nigeria have its own national carrier!!!
Re: Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed by henrychubayo: 6:07am On Sep 13, 2012
@ARROBA.
Its a welcome development. We also needs flyers from europe, america, south africa, Emirate and others. Plz keep the updates coming
Re: Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed by ARROBA(m): 7:37am On Sep 27, 2012
Update Enugu airport upgrade

Re: Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed by henrychubayo: 11:17am On Sep 27, 2012
Drastically changing into the new international airport we have wished to have. Southeast in on the move now and nothing can take us to lagos to enter flights to anywhere in the world now. Development is also coming in full force to all south east states. Adaeze Odua weldone.
Re: Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed by henrychubayo: 5:51am On Oct 15, 2012
Any new pictures?
Re: Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed by henrychubayo: 1:57pm On Nov 14, 2012
Any new update from enugu before i purchase tickets to lagos
Re: Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed by otokx(m): 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2012
Even Ethiopia have airlines whereas Nigeria is sleeping in the bush.
Re: Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed by ekenedilichukwu: 5:12pm On May 13, 2013
latest update pic on enugu airport.
it looks like the FAA is using similar design and model for all the airport rehabs.
design and everything look same as the Port harcourt airport.

Re: Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed by ekenedilichukwu: 6:16pm On May 13, 2013
another view- Enugu Airport renovation.

Although folks like to think of it as international airport, it will take another five (5) years before any good international flight lands on it.

Re: Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed by ekenedilichukwu: 6:19pm On May 13, 2013
another side view

(1) (Reply)

Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance / Road Trip From Lagos To Abidjan And Back / Saudi-based Fraudsters Defraud 8 Kebbi Pilgrims Of Basic Travelling Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.