Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent (26302 Views)

Tinubu, Mohammed Are Wrong, I Remain APC Leader – Buhari / Ahmed Musa Ibeto, Niger Deputy Governor Ejected Out Of Government House / Rauf Aregbesola Wants Abiola Listed As One Of Nigeria's Ex- Presidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by jummy05: 5:32pm On Feb 14, 2012
May Almighty God provide for and General Buhari.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by jummy05: 5:34pm On Feb 14, 2012
May Almighty God provide for me and Buhari.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by Bokoharam: 5:36pm On Feb 14, 2012
Who are we deceiving here?

How much are former Heads of States officially paid by the Nigerian Govt? About N120m per annum, if I still remember! How much is the rent? N15m. Haba! Who is deceiving who here?
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by anuforoudo(f): 5:38pm On Feb 14, 2012
All the sponsors, financiers and trainer trainees of BOKO HARAM must be located by holy ghost fire. Before you get to your home, all the blood of innocent corpers you killed during failed election and others you asked your idiotic malams to kill will gather together and snatch life out of you in Jesus Name. Cry cry old man.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by 13volts(m): 5:42pm On Feb 14, 2012
When You Marry An Illiterate Woman as
a Wife, You Make Stupid Decisions Like
Jonathan – Wole Soyinka

An analytical piece With Prof. He has obliged to sharing this
with as many Nigerians as possible. Please share this with
friends and the general public.
1. It’s No More about Subsidy Alone.
The American President has only TWO aircraft, our
president has 9[Nine] in his fleet and was voted
money recently to buy ONE more! Making it TEN!
The British prime Minister has only TWO official cars,
our president has 23 in his pool and only recently
voted 300Million Naira to buy TWO more bullet/
bomb proof ones!
Senators in the US earn about $6,000 dollars
monthly and that’s about what a university professor,
or a director in a state department, or a doctor with
20years experience, or a teacher with 25years
experience earn too, but Here in Nigeria a senator
earns 245 million Naira per annum! That’s the salary
of 25 vice chancellors, or 50 medical doctors, or 60
directors, or 500 school teachers!
The US, almost the size of Africa with about
500million people have 24 ministers, and 32
government parastatals and commisions, Nigeria has
a whooping 42 cabinet ministers, and over 50[Fifty]
government parastatals!
America with about 500million people and more
mileage to drive consumes 39million litres of petrol
daily, Nigeria with 150million people 60% out of
which live in remote areas, yet our government tells
us we consume about 35million litres of petrol daily!
2. Is Subsidy Really the Problem of Nigeria?
‘When you marry an illiterate woman as a wife, you will
definitely make stupid decisions like jonathan’: wole soyinka
spoke!
Our Dear President GoodLuck Jonathan has become a tyrant,
a shandel, a shame, he has become the No.1 Enemy of
Nigeria. Is this because we, Nigeria are yet to adopt to
CHANGE? Change that only Jonathan can see? The End will
justify everything. Pray for Nigeria! Pray for our Beloved
Country!
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by dmainboss: 5:43pm On Feb 14, 2012
So those of you who claim he is honest, how do you know he is truly honest? I can remember he was the petroleum minister in OBJ's first regime that presided over a mojor corruption in the oil industry. Millions of dollars as far back as 1977/78. He also presided over a PTF that spent almost 100billion on ghost projects as far back as 1995-98. I have challenged some of his supporters to point to any major PTF project around and they have still not shown me. The only PTF project that he was supposed to do for Delta state was the petroleum training institute. That project was built and completed by the OBJ administration. So how is he a honest man? I think the guy is just using an Aboki tactics for some of you but only fools will buy that. His so called anti corruption fight only killed men like Prof ambrose Alli who were as clean as a babies asrs. A man who publicly declared that Abacha was corruption free and was sponsored by Abacha's son in the last election is claiming he is broke? very funny!
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by Amacaco: 5:44pm On Feb 14, 2012
Who is deceiving who? I thought as a former President he receives pension which is worth millions of Naira annually. I also thought he has so many friends which he made over the years including some nairalanders who love him so much and can afford to pay for him without his asking or begging for it. One thing that is clear from this is that he knows his priorities and decided to put them right. It is not that he cannot pay. It simply means he does not need it and that is a good decision. He is not different from the others.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by omenziate(m): 5:47pm On Feb 14, 2012
Can he please die already, so that we know we have one less jihadist and aspiring thiefing President to deal with. Mtscheeeeeew
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by brixton: 5:48pm On Feb 14, 2012
you can buy a house in sunnyville,suncity and even gwarinpa fo as low as 20m, cut d false headline
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by kokoA(m): 5:50pm On Feb 14, 2012
Buhari has always been different from the rest and I respect him.

I dare anybody on Nairaland to bring up facts to show that this man stole from Nigeria.

All these baseless accusations will take you guys no where. The old man deserves respect even GEJ knows that and he gives him respect. How can somebody who can barely pay his house rent be sponsoring Bokoharam?
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by bulksms247(m): 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2012
I smell foul play here. These man is up to something or has his money finish on boko haram bombs
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by dmainboss: 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2012
kokoA:

Buhari has always been different from the rest and I respect him.

I dare anybody on Nairaland to bring up facts to show that this man stole from Nigeria.

All these baseless accusations will take you guys no where. The old man deserves respect even GEJ knows that and he gives him respect. How can somebody who can barely pay his house rent be sponsoring Bokoharam?

have to repeat this because of you!

So those of you who claim he is honest, how do you know he is truly honest? I can remember he was the petroleum minister in OBJ's first regime that presided over a mojor corruption in the oil industry. Millions of dollars as far back as 1977/78. He also presided over a PTF that spent almost 100billion on ghost projects as far back as 1995-98. I have challenged some of his supporters to point to any major PTF project around and they have still not shown me. The only PTF project that he was supposed to do for Delta state was the petroleum training institute. That project was built and completed by the OBJ administration. So how is he a honest man? I think the guy is just using an Aboki tactics for some of you but only fools will buy that. His so called anti corruption fight only killed men like Prof ambrose Alli who were as clean as a babies asrs. A man who publicly declared that Abacha was corruption free and was sponsored by Abacha's son in the last election is claiming he is broke? very funny!
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by Kinikini: 5:53pm On Feb 14, 2012
If Nigerians were to repeat the 2011 presidential election today, they will still make the same stupid decision. It is obvious that too many Nigerians are not smart despite the claim to being educated.

When you glorify looters, and cast aspersions on men who stand for integrity, what you get as a nation is what we have in Nigeria. I alway say the failure of Nigeria is collective one. If this is the way followers think majorly, then it is no surprise the leaders are morons.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by kokoA(m): 6:00pm On Feb 14, 2012
dmainboss:

have to repeat this because of you!

With due respect, think logically and don't be biased. Answer this candidly: You think these accusations you mentioned here were sustantial enough and his political opponents never used it against him during elections? Considering how politics is played around here, they would have published this in all the dailies.

And I make bold to say what you said about PTDF is not true. I remembered very well during PTDF we had free books in my secondary school, we had a PTDF hall built for us in my school, there were PTDF roads all over the country. That was when I started liking Buhari.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by http(m): 6:03pm On Feb 14, 2012
Kinikini:

If Nigerians were to repeat the 2011 presidential election today, they will still make the same silly decision. It is obvious that too many Nigerians are not smart despite the claim to being educated.

When you glorify looters, and cast aspersions on men who stand for integrity, what you get as a nation is what we have in Nigeria. I alway say the failure of Nigeria is collective one. If this is the way followers think majorly, then it is no surprise the leaders are morons.

You're on point,
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by maasoap(m): 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2012
Even the haters know that Buhari's integrity can't be rival by any Nigerian. All these hate is as a result of what will eventually lead to the collapse of this nation: Religion bigotry and tribalism. There can't be any successful protests in Nigeria without reading ethnic and religious sentiments into it irrespective of which tribe is our president and irrespective of what we're fighting for. Poverty level as reached 73% of total population, yet religion and ethnicity has successfully blinded us. May God help us because we can't help ourselves.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by maasoap(m): 6:17pm On Feb 14, 2012
Even the haters know that Buhari's integrity can't be rival by any Nigerian. All these hate is as a result of what will eventually lead to the collapse of this nation: Religion bigotry and tribalism. There can't be any successful protests in Nigeria without reading ethnic and religious sentiments into it irrespective of which tribe is our president and irrespective of what we're fighting for. Poverty level as reached 73% of total population, yet religion and ethnicity has successfully blinded us. May God help us because we can't help ourselves.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by Raylight2(m): 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2012
I feel so sorry for him.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by Businesstools(m): 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2012
He was the best we ever had.Unfortunately,Nigerians do not appreciate selfless leadership.Sad
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by itiswell1(m): 6:28pm On Feb 14, 2012
Guyz free this man now.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by Amacaco: 6:28pm On Feb 14, 2012
If he does not have money to pay for his rent, it simply means he did not invest in all his years as a public officer both in the army and politics. He does not need to loot public funds before he can properly invest and save for the rainy latter years.  If  as an individual and in his private life he could not invest and manage  properly his business where Nigerians could be employed, how then does he expect us to trust him to manage Nigeria and its resources well? So many Nigerians who have never graciously been opportuned to be in Public office like him have out of hard work made tremendous impact in their private businesses and can pay their house rent.   He should look for a job now before he starts going Hungry.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by eghost247(m): 6:29pm On Feb 14, 2012
hmmmm sounds unbelievable
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by Marlboro1: 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2012
Hope he is gone from Abuja and national politics for good.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by success4(m): 6:31pm On Feb 14, 2012
God bless you! Naija love corruption, hence they won't vote for him!
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by niddamugu(m): 6:34pm On Feb 14, 2012
Inconsistency. How much does he earn? and why pay so much for a property that is not yours? or is there anything the General is hiding?
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by aljharem(m): 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2012
success4:

God bless you! Naija love corruption, hence they won't vote for him!

you have said it all.

Even ordianry governors of a common state like Abia or Balysa like Orji and Alams have houses in USA, UK ETC worth millions of pounds/dollars

Those are the people Nigerians would always vote for.

Goodluck was a governor of Balysa for just 1 year and vice-president for just 3 years and today he is worth 50 billion Naira according to my sources. Can you imagine !!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL Nigerians should be ashame of themselves for not voting for intergrity by based on tribalism.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by NaMe4: 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2012
Quote from 13volts
a Wife, You Make silly Decisions Like
Jonathan – Wole Soyinka

Did Wole Soyinka say that?

If he did, how many of his followers on protests/demonstrations who have been on the receiving end of Nigeria's problems are actually literate?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by Pukkah: 6:39pm On Feb 14, 2012
kokoA:

With due respect, think logically and don't be biased. Answer this candidly: You think these accusations you mentioned here were sustantial enough and his political opponents never used it against him during elections? Considering how politics is played around here, they would have published this in all the dailies.

And I make bold to say what you said about PTDF is not true. I remembered very well during PTDF we had free books in my secondary school, we had a PTDF hall built for us in my school, there were PTDF roads all over the country. That was when I started liking Buhari.

KokoA, leave them.

It has become obvious from this thread that some people, devoid of rock-solid points on which to argue, have resorted to bandying and throwing around baseless, useless and shameless allegations all in a bid to smear their perceived enemy.

From the comments on display here, I think many Nigerians have not suffered enough. They would rather have dirty, grisly thieves lord it over them than a man who even after more than 30 years out of power and sparring with political leaders in bitter fights is yet to be found wanting.

It is only someone that was either too young/unborn at the time of PTF, or a poor student of history, or a mischief maker that would rubbish and reduce the well-known achievements of PTF to nothing.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by Pukkah: 6:42pm On Feb 14, 2012
13volts:

a Wife, You Make silly Decisions Like
Jonathan – Wole Soyinka

Professor Wole Soyinka never said this. If you think he did, provide a link or reference.
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by tlops(m): 6:42pm On Feb 14, 2012
Sorry for my People!
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by 989900: 6:44pm On Feb 14, 2012
All I see is, a man who respectfully is, willing to no  longer pay for a property he does not need anymore. "simples" lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria’s Ex-leader, Buhari Ejected Over Unpaid N20m Rent by ememonl(m): 6:46pm On Feb 14, 2012
If Buhari in his capacity as a former head of state of Nigeria cannot raise the funds to pay his rent, then it speaks volunms of his capacity to lead the nation. No wonder my parents keep reminding me that it was when i was born in 1984 that life started becoming difficult in Nigeria.

For crying out laud does this man want to tell me that he does not have a triving business, atleast he should have started an NGO like Gowon and TY Danjuma, to use his influence to help Nigeria and Africa. Or was he waiting to be president to make fresh money like OBJ?

This news finaly makes me happy that i chose a lesser evil in Goodluck. Honesty is the best policy alright, but that alone cannot take Nigeria far. Infact Machaveli did say a honest man cannot make a good leader. Remember how he could not agree with AC, who are the only performing party in Nigeria right now, instead of biulding his government on their solid platform he chose to weep over what? yuck! ,  A general weeping,  and now he cant even sustain himself. WHAT!!! BANKRUPT?!!!

dude! any one who sees good in this is not thinking of the common good. There is a level you get to that society demands certain standards of you. Why will Buhari not have a house in Abuja, in his capacity as a former head of state, when there are a thousand and one ways of accomplishing that for a man of his caliber. Oh let me guess,  Pride.

Yep, thats his problem, pride. So proud that even his wealthy loyalists have deserted him.

http://5slate..com/2012/02/compilation-of-funny-notes-sent-among.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US Cautions Dokubo, Tompolo, Others Over Inflammatory Statements / Dino Melaye Sings At Pius Adesanmi's Candle Gathering / EFCC Launches Massive Manhunt For Sacked Nigerian Official Over $2.1 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.