Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,206 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri (3839 Views)

Food scarcity looming In Nigeria. Will this Cause famine In West Africa? / Accident Is Looming In Oshodi-isolo Expressway / Mayhem Looming In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by Dospix(m): 11:51am On Feb 14, 2012
I discovered that the road was entirely empty today an portharcourt with many motorist scrambling for fuel,some of the motorist who managed to buy said they bought four litres at the rate of 4000 naira and does who cant afford it just had to park there vehicles.right now we in owerri and the situation is entirely the same,because of that we are not even sure if we can continue our journey because of the situation.pls whats the update in your area.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by Demdem(m): 11:55am On Feb 14, 2012
i have also noticed this for days now in PH. Very long queue on the few filling stations that are selling. I wonder what is going on?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by Dospix(m): 12:03pm On Feb 14, 2012
Its serious now because the road in ph is soo empty and the price of fuel has escalated greatly.me too am wöndering what reli the problem is
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by Wexelion(m): 12:12pm On Feb 14, 2012
Occupy port and owerri
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by Demdem(m): 12:19pm On Feb 14, 2012
really annoying. what the heck is going on.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by Kaygeminix(f): 12:26pm On Feb 14, 2012
i noticed it only yesterday, i was suprised, normally it takes me closely 1 and half hour 2 return bak from d office, but yday i returned passed through aba road and ikwere road in less than 30 mins
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by Dospix(m): 12:33pm On Feb 14, 2012
Just heard from a source that the cause of the fuel scarcity is as result of the arrest of a tanker driver,the source who spoke to the chairman of the tanker driver portharcourt said that the union pleaded with the security outfit that arrested there member to release him from detention or face strike action in portharcourt but they refused.this has resulted to fuel scarcity in portharcour,owerri and bayelsa.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by sucnif(m): 12:38pm On Feb 14, 2012
There is a problem between Petrol Tanker's Driver & Eleme Local Govt Task Force on the issue of parking, which i believe they should have resolve by now. hopefully there would be loading @ Refinery from today.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by Dospix(m): 1:05pm On Feb 14, 2012
I was discusing with a taxi driver this morning about the fuel scarcity in portharcourt,he said to me oga i no know how all this hausa people wey dey portharcourt dey get fuel self,the tin dey always surprise me every time,people go dey drag to get fuel dem no go drag but dey always get fuel.i looked at him and smiled and said in my mind this man is on ethnic pills produced by a nairalander.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by FlyboyZee: 1:11pm On Feb 14, 2012
After una go say make we follow join strike for removal of fuel subsidy when we wey dey produce the fuel de buy fuel at ranges of N500 - N1000 per litre.

Make nobody just try insult GEJ for this forum again o! Una siddon for Lagos, Abuja and other places dey enjoy, when we de here dey suffer. See the Oil leak for Kolouama, Bayelsa State. Na Hausa, Ibo abi Yoruba people dey there dey suffer now? No be my Ijaw people dey there? Yet, una siddon for plush offices with almost perfect working conditions dey shout no to subsidy removal.

All of una na una N.Y.A.S.H!!!
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by Demdem(m): 1:22pm On Feb 14, 2012
Flyboy Zee:

After una go say make we follow join strike for removal of fuel subsidy when we wey dey produce the fuel de buy fuel at ranges of N500 - N1000 per litre.

Make nobody just try insult GEJ for this forum again o! Una siddon for Lagos, Abuja and other places dey enjoy, when we de here dey suffer. See the Oil leak for Kolouama, Bayelsa State. Na Hausa, Ibo abi Yoruba people dey there dey suffer now? No be my Ijaw people dey there? Yet, una siddon for plush offices with almost perfect working conditions dey shout no to subsidy removal.

All of una na una N.Y.A.S.H!!!

whose fault is it that we are presently buying at the black market rate of that amount?
Did u go through this thread at all?

sucnif:

There is a problem between Petrol Tanker's Driver & Eleme Local Govt Task Force on the issue of parking, which i believe they should have resolve by now. hopefully there would be loading @ Refinery from today.
Dospix:

Just heard from a source that the cause of the fuel scarcity is as result of the arrest of a tanker driver,the source who spoke to the chairman of the tanker driver portharcourt said that the union pleaded with the security outfit that arrested there member to release him from detention or face strike action in portharcourt but they refused.this has resulted to fuel scarcity in portharcour,owerri and bayelsa.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by ReachRich(m): 1:43pm On Feb 14, 2012
Same in Umuahia.The roads here are scanty.Most pple have parked their cars & now trek to their destinatns.A drop of keke that used to be N50 is now N100.Charter is now n500.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by Dospix(m): 2:07pm On Feb 14, 2012
We are in delta state now just discovered its the same thing here.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by courage89(m): 3:48pm On Feb 14, 2012
fresh air
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by emisun(m): 5:49pm On Feb 14, 2012
had a hair-cut of 250N of wat was 150N b4 over here in umuahia
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by Mobinga: 6:06pm On Feb 14, 2012
It's serious shit in PH. shocked shocked Some lady is selling for 250 per litre. shocked shocked
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by agiboma(f): 5:50am On Feb 15, 2012
The tanker drivers where on strike and thats what caused the problems according to the task force, normal loading should have resumed Yesterday so that means fuel will be getting tot he stations today fwd, so the situation should resolve in a few days. Our station is scheduled to receive fuel today.
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by sheyguy: 9:08am On Feb 15, 2012
I wonder what will happen when the subsidy is finally removed
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by Demdem(m): 9:19am On Feb 15, 2012
agiboma:

The tanker drivers where on strike and thats what caused the problems according to the task force, normal loading should have resumed Yesterday so that means fuel will be getting tot he stations today fwd, so the situation should resolve in a few days. Our station is scheduled to receive fuel today.

are u saying the strike by the tanker drivers is now over?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by TheMatrix3: 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2012
shocked Abeg where dem dey sell N250 abeg I wan buy. I walked round the whle of PH with the little fuel I had and ended up not getting. cry. heard its been resolved sha. Lets wait till weekend
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by member67023: 9:33am On Feb 20, 2012
agiboma:

Where is your station in PH (I guess)?
Re: Fuel Scarcity Looming In Portharcourt And Owerri by otokx(m): 6:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
Only in Port Harcourt, what is AMAECHI doing about it?

(1) (Reply)

Message For Yoruba / Arrests of Suspected Boko Haramites in the South and the Hypocrisy of Yorubas / Igbo Will Not Defer Their Presidential Ambition After GEJ - Iwuanyanwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.