Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

What God Has Joined Together . . . - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What God Has Joined Together . . . (2322 Views)

ISLAMIC Nigeria Has Joined Alliance Of ISLAMIC States To Fight Terrorism / Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science. / He Joined Me To Church Today, Because I Promised To Buy Him Beer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by tpia5: 8:45pm On Feb 16, 2012
Azibalua:

If you belong to a local assembly and not quite okay with some of the issues it's your responsibility to ask your pastor but in the right manner.

makes sense.

a lot depends on how you approach the pastor however.

you have to know what kind of environment you have in your church because these things are sometimes not cut and dried.
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by dare2think: 9:30pm On Feb 16, 2012
tpia@:

dare2groan

its quite obvious your problems are beyond what anybody on nl can help you with.

so, maybe you want to keep it moving and land yourself elsewhere.

dont make the thread about you and your issues, thanks.

my first post which you quoted, was meant for you, not kokoye.

i think anyone with a little sense would have seen that.

see how you rope yourself in your hurry to be a nitwit?

na oversabi dey finish una.

*cough* cough*

Initially I thought,  should I indulge this unfortunate self-righteous hypocrite or should I follow Mr KoKoye's humble approach, then I realised I owe this demented donkey no such humble priviledge.

But out of respect for Mr Kokoye, I'll stop here.
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by tpia5: 9:37pm On Feb 16, 2012
^My point is comment on the topic instead of making personal attacks on people.

You seem to be unable to comprehend the basic fact that the world does not revolve around you, and this is typical of the kind of individuals i've been describing on this thread.

If you have nothing to actually contribute here beyond being miserable and whining all the time about who or whatever, then find a topic more suitable to your gloomy taste since this is clearly not doing it for you.

Did you see the person i just quoted?

Note her response and compare it to your own though i doubt you have that kind of insight.
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by lailaiwala: 10:47pm On Feb 16, 2012
tpia, you're a lunatic. and people are tired of it! you've been tolerated all this while and we are saying "no more"! stop ruining threads. take your own advice and address the topic. stop talking to the voices in your head.

if there is one person that can stand tpia, please raise your hand.
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by nuclearboy(m): 10:51pm On Feb 16, 2012
@Jesoul:

cheesy Great to see you on this thread - you remain one of NLs' finest cheesy

And yes, I hope to be a bit more active, thank you!
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by dare2think: 12:22am On Feb 17, 2012
nuclearboy:

@Jesoul:

cheesy Great to see you on this thread - you remain one of NLs' finest cheesy

And yes, I hope to be a bit more active, thank you!

Really looking forward to it!!
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by tpia5: 12:55am On Feb 17, 2012
See what i'm saying now.

Instead of making valid contributions to a thread, the cultists will engage in name calling and thread derailment.
They'll also spend inordinate amounts of time saluting themselves while refusing to open a thread specifically for that as others have dne.

Jesoul, if you want to catch up on gists with your old pals who you havent seen or heard from in a while, then why cant all of you go to a thread opened for that purpose.

**watch them descend now**
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:06am On Feb 17, 2012
lailaiwala:

if there is one person that can stand tpia, please raise your hand

She's one of my fav members actually grin

greeting to you JeSoul smiley

anyway Im out. as for you kokoye, I agree with you. maybe it's the whole "husband is the head" so thy give the matters to him instead of the couple? Who knows.
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by JeSoul(f): 3:05am On Feb 17, 2012
@kokoye,
   abeg brother no vex ehn we've shifted your thread small. Make me self take advantage of that calm, gentle spirit wey you get  kiss. Me wey suppose lead by example I dey crash your thread, oga no vex ehn. Tank you.

lailaiwala:
if there is one person that can stand tpia, please raise your hand.
ThiefOfHearts:

She's one of my fav members actually   grin
3rd hand raised cheesy
@Tpia, even if you vex for me, I no go vex for you. You're one of my fav nlders whether you like am or whether you no like am grin. And Dare2think is a sweet guy once you get to know him, really smiley. So make una justgroup-hug it off . . .

ThiefOfHearts:
greeting to you JeSoul  smiley
Sweerie . . . you have no idea how much entertainment you've given me the last few days . . . lets just say I'm a silent reader in the Family section cheesy. How body & soul now?

Nuke, I salute oh! you're too kind I have surely missed your hilarious comedy in this section, these people wey dey around, way too serious lol.
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by dare2think: 1:03pm On Feb 17, 2012
@Tpia

I apologise for calling you names, and I hold no animosity towards you. We may hold dissenting views and approach matters differently but respect and dignity should still be accorded.

I eat a humble pie and apologise.

smiley
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by kokoye(m): 3:18pm On Feb 17, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

anyway Im out. as for you kokoye, I agree with you. maybe it's the whole "husband is the head" so thy give the matters to him instead of the couple? Who knows.

As for me? cheesy

but, the husband is not the one singled out. I have actually noticed that wives are approached first in such situations . . .maybe because of their emotions and dedication. . .easier to convince . . or work on . .maybe?

I might be wrong.

Again, this is not always the case.

God bless us all.
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by kokoye(m): 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2012
JeSoul:

@kokoye,
   abeg brother no vex ehn we've shifted your thread small. Make me self take advantage of that calm, gentle spirit wey you get  kiss. Me wey suppose lead by example I dey crash your thread, oga no vex ehn. Tank you.

Vex ke?  I know better. . .at my old age!

vexing provokes my blood pressure  wink

I'm a work in progress o . . .I sabi vex and call people names too, but it does me no good.

God bless you.
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by kokoye(m): 3:24pm On Feb 17, 2012
and to everyone on this thread . .

God is love.
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by MrsChima1(f): 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2012
Lawd I am in the religion section!

Koyoke boo boo

I hear what you are saying although I am not religious (religions were set up by man), but I do believe the spiritual word. I do think that humans often time like to use part of the bible when it fits them and not when it is commanded to.

I understand most men will shout out that men are the head of household and women should just sit back and listen. I often time argue with religious leaders when I asked them those very same questions, if a man leaves his parents and CLEAVED INTO HIS WIFE how can he be a head over her?

It is like you are being in charge of yourself with an extra body in my opinion. Some people actually take that verse out of context not realizing that in the beginning of the bible, it was established that man and woman cleaved together upon marriage.

We also have to take in consideration that the original Word wasn't written in English and it has been translated REPETITIVELY. You have King James version, New King James version, New International Version, Amplied Message version, and so on. So when people throw in the Word to validate their opinions the debate becomes a moot point because it is like interjecting vinegar in jollef rice.

I believe that if the CHURCH is going to stick to the WORD then they need to partake everything according to the WORD with a spiritual guidance. We shouldn't try to read the WORD with our own understanding or otherwise it would be like reading a picture book without pictures.
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by kokoye(m): 5:22pm On Feb 17, 2012
Mrs, Chima:

I understand most men will shout out that men are the head of household and women should just sit back and listen. I often time argue with religious leaders when I asked them those very same questions, if a man leaves his parents and CLEAVED INTO HIS WIFE how can he be a head over her?

Really . .is that what this thread is about . . pls refer me to where I said the man in the head of the household in this thread??

Must you turn everything into a war of the sexes

You are free to read all my lines again . .

I aint going there with you. if you want to bug me as usual, you know our hangout spot grin
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by MrsChima1(f): 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2012
kokoye:

Really . .is that what this thread is about . . pls refer me to where I said the man in the head of the household in this thread??

Must you turn everything into a war of the sexes

You are free to read all my lines again . .

I aint going there with you. if you want to bug me as usual, you know our hangout spot grin

You need to read my post again and this time with bifocals.  I said MOST MEN will argue that a man is the head of the household.  I didn't say anything about KOYOKE will argue that a man is the head of household. 

Secondly, I don't make anything into a battle of sexes.  It is what it is.
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by kokoye(m): 5:36pm On Feb 17, 2012
^^^

OK . . that aint WHAT this thread is about.

It is about the religious body treating a husband and wife as one. . . .simples?? wink

it is what it is . . battle of the sexes . . yea.

come on to the romantic spot . . let's go battle a little . . kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by MrsChima1(f): 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2012
kokoye:

^^^

OK . . that aint WHAT this thread is about.

It is about the religious body treating a husband and wife as one.  . . .simples??  wink

it is what it is . . battle of the sexes . . yea.

come on to the romantic spot . . let's go battle a little . .  kiss  kiss  kiss  kiss

SMH. I can't stand old men sometimes. Spits.
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by kokoye(m): 6:14pm On Feb 17, 2012
nasty
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:16pm On Feb 17, 2012
kokoye:

As for me? cheesy

but, the husband is not the one singled out. I have actually noticed that wives are approached first in such situations . . .maybe because of their emotions and dedication. . .easier to convince . . or work on . .maybe?

Yes "as for you", keep in mind youve been very nasty to me in the past so Im not fond of you. I just figured i should answer the question smiley

anyway yea, I assume they appeal to women more due to emotions and whatnot.
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by kokoye(m): 8:35pm On Feb 17, 2012
ThiefOfHearts:

Yes "as for you", keep in mind youve been very nasty to me in the past so Im not fond of you. I just figured i should answer the question smiley

anyway yea, I assume they appeal to women more due to emotions and whatnot.

Cant we all just get along?  wink

I dont recall  . . but I'm sorry if I have . . I'm sure I've been nasty at some point to some and some have been to me as well. But I am sure it was all for fun and I never meant harm. We never know if or where we'll meet later in life.

You opened . . I have huge respect for that and I apologize. Shows you dont hold grudges.

friends?
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by MrsChima1(f): 9:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
Somebody gave Koyoke some mickey! tongue tongue
Re: What God Has Joined Together . . . by kokoye(m): 9:16pm On Feb 17, 2012
^^^

maybe I deserved it tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Easter To All Nairalanders / The Cause Of All Christians Suffering And Affliction. / Are All Muslims Going To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.