Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Igbo In The 1700's - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo In The 1700's (41953 Views)

Ebira Has Elements Of Igbo In It Or Am I Wrong / Where Can I Learn Igbo In NYC? / The Home Of The Igbo In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo In The 1700's by goalernestman: 7:55pm On Apr 24, 2019
khiaa:

This was an interesting read. It has been said that Igbo derived from the word Hebrew, as being the original tribe of Isreal, what do you think?

3 fact about the place he meant.

1 He mentioned Just one place out of igbo Yoruba and Edo which is Benin he never mention Yoruba he never mention igbo.

2 he said the place was govern by Benin Oba, u can't expect someone in Cameroon to be govern by Buhari and not the Cameroon president.

3 he said the place is east or west of Benin city, he never said east or west of Benin he simply say the city.

With that he lives in benin nation but not the city

So you dont need God to come down to tell you he was talking about Benin nation, or let me just say Benin empire.

1 Like

Re: Igbo In The 1700's by davidnazee: 8:16pm On Apr 24, 2019
goalernestman:

1 He mentioned Just one place out of igbo Yoruba and Edo which is Benin he never mention Yoruba he never mention igbo.

2 he said the place was govern by Benin Oba, u can't expect someone in Cameroon to be govern by Buhari and not the Cameroon president.

3 he said the place is east or west in Benin city, he never said east or west of Benin he simply say the city.

So you dont need God to come down to tell you he was talking about Benin nation, or let me just say Benin empire.

I wonder why people see the truth as glaring as it is and still deny the obvious.
No be completion again, when it was Edo was conquering..

1 Like

Re: Igbo In The 1700's by khiaa(f): 8:42pm On Apr 24, 2019
goalernestman:

3 he said the place is east or west in Benin city, he never said east or west of Benin he simply say the city.

I wasn't inquiring about the place he was talking about, I asked you your opinion about the Igbo's being Hebrews. I was wondering had you ever heard of that or was given that information?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo In The 1700's by goalernestman: 11:47pm On Apr 24, 2019
davidnazee:

I wonder why people see the truth as glaring as it is and still deny the obvious.
No be completion again, when it was Edo was conquering..

No body want to accept that they came from a mini state like Edo of now or ever be govern by Benin. even when the fact is there, they rather claim they came from Europe Arab than africa lol Africa mentality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PHOTO: So Hilarious! Igbo Masquerade Poses With Girlfriend / What does the word 'Biafra' mean? / Abdul Rasheed Akanbi And His Pregnant Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.