Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,435 members, 7,815,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims (6784 Views)

Henry Okah Found Guilty Of 2010 Independence Day Bomb Attacks / Christmas Day Bomb Victims For Burial Today. Lets Sign A Condolence Register. / Jonathan’s Aides In Abuja Independence Day Bomb Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by soma042(m): 11:33am On Feb 15, 2012
make una no too blame him ohhhh , that his people so poor ohh.
but what abt islamic banking, thats tells me this man most be tribalistic and fricky racist.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by PHIPEX(m): 11:39am On Feb 15, 2012
Abeg when are the victims of the attack in Adamawa recieving their own donation? I heard that 12 of them came from one state. Very soon all the Almajiris in the north will start recieving donations from our very rich CBN grin cheesy tongue
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by sirjec(m): 11:43am On Feb 15, 2012
Funny things happen in this country.

1. Who gave him right to spend Nigerian's money on Charity? Is there any cash appropriated for charity in CBN budget?
2. Let us assume he has the right, which incident came first? Does it mean that the Kano incident is the road opener to other such incidents?
3. We are only crying for Christmas day bombings, what of many other bombings in Borno, Kaduna, etc including the killings in Adamawa?

Rule No 1:

Never Start What You Cannot Finish.

Advise:

Call that money loan and save yourself from what you cannot finish

I just dey laff for this Child's Play called Nigeria. When we get tired, we will return to our tent.

British Government I thought Nigeria is an Experiment, Can we record our findings and Try these Merged Nations Living alone and also record our Finding. Putting our results on Spreadsheet will help us take a good decision of either to remain one or to permanently be on our own
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Beync(f): 11:49am On Feb 15, 2012
This is cheap move to cover his crap. @ jarus u said u got information that arrangements were made the same time to offer the same gesture to the church day blast,can u provide any link to confirm that sanusi philanthropic organization did bocos we don't beliv this cover story?
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by cold(m): 11:51am On Feb 15, 2012
Jarus:

I have it on reliable authority that SLS actually contacted the Churches too for the relief funds(at the smae time with the Kano donation) but they said they needed to get approval from their national body first before collecting. They didnt get back to CBN but the Kano never hesitated to take its own; hence the earlier news.

However, this is no justification for this. I personally hold that Sanusi is not justified doing this.
Jarus,we all know how you feel about Sanusi & would do anything to protect his image.I have also shown my respect for the man on other occasions but this line you're trying to sell here about approaching Churches first is just a feeble attempt save face.We all know that's a blatant,barefaced lie.Why didn't the churches in question come out in defense of Sanusi when the story broke?
Besides,is Sanusi supposed to be doling out money to Churches & Mosques or other charity bodies?Is that the role of the CBN?Imagine Mervin King or Ben Bernanke 'dashing' funds to institutions outside its regulatory guidelines,that would be the day.We just love to stand issues on their heads.I tire oh
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by abdulkoro: 12:01pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sanusi is a boko harangue member, incase you don't know. He is a graduate of Shari'a from Sudan. bastard abolition.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by ifyalways(f): 12:02pm On Feb 15, 2012
This entity called Nigeria wont cease to come up with weird stuffs daily.

Oh the CBN is now an NGO
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by logica(m): 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2012
I'm sure he must be taken aback by the backlash, like he and the trio of fools were taken aback by the backlash generated by the "fuel subsidy" deception. They've long considered the general public dumb and I don't blame them.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by karashika: 12:35pm On Feb 15, 2012
stupid animal, who just turn banking upside down, why cant he donate his own money, ewu hausa like him
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by funola: 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2012
abeg make sanusi no 4get Lagos bomb blast victims of 2002 cry make we kuku share all the treasury money on bomb blast victims grin grin grin
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Aringarosa(m): 12:45pm On Feb 15, 2012
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Jarus(m): 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
cold:

Jarus,we all know how you feel about Sanusi & would do anything to protect his image.I have also shown my respect for the man on other occasions but this line you're trying to sell here about approaching Churches first is just a feeble attempt save face.We all know that's a blatant,barefaced lie.Why didn't the churches in question come out in defense of Sanusi when the story broke?

But that doesn't mean I should not state what I heard. From sources to the CBN boss, I heard that he said he approached the Church-victims at the same time but they said they said they needed to get approval from their top hierachy first hierachy first, whioch caused the gap. I heard this 2 days ago, even before this donation was made. The source is very trusted(a top CEO that speaks directly with SLS) so it's not about clearing the mess. And in a country where every group(ethnic and religious) is always happy to score points, you think they will come up and admit they were also contacted earlier?

Again, I did not state that to justify CBN's actions. To me, it is a poor judgment. Whether Kano or Suleja or anywhere, this is a bad judgment from SLS. I can never defend this.

But if we want to intellectualize the debate, we must not forget that CBN has right to engage in CSR activities and weak as this argument is, it has some merit. I will post one aryicle and news story below  below
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by logica(m): 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2012
The worrying thing is, if he can openly donate this sum of money, what is he "donating" from under the table?
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by tit(f): 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2012
UP SANUSI!!!
the madalla victims are waiting for him now.
he should not come with less than 1 billion naira to make up for his lapses.
then we go hail am!!
and if he wants to be CBN gov for life, we go dey him back.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sometimes when I hear people say that Niger Delta state have too much money I wonder at times if it on a platter of gold we got it. The so called crumbs our ND leader trade with today can't be compared to what other oil nations states are playing with.

If the any state in the is way more down financially, work out your populace, increase the revenue and stop hating.

Madalla isn't an entity of a Niger Delta. So SLS should shut up or trace his words when he wants to narrow down criticisms to ND.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by ckkris: 1:22pm On Feb 15, 2012
Sanusi had already used CBN money to train 1500 islamic experts on sharia banking. As no one complained, he went to FT London to canvass for 50% revenue allocation to the Core Islamic North. Being ignored, the man just start sending money to his people, the way military governments shifted everything to that Core Islamic North. More LGAs for higher revenues allocation, more positions at NDA, & positions in police recruitment and quotas in the civil service. They won't even try to justify any of these by population statistical data. That's the reason Adamu Ciroma & the Elders Political Forum ADVERTISED in The Nation Newspaper, that they would make Nigeria ungovernable unless National Security Adviser, Director SSS, Chief of Army Staff, etc, are zoned to them. Just as Ironsi entrusted his security to those that killed him.These are the same demands that Boko Haram has been making. NIGERIA MUST OVERCOME & OUTLAST THEM.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Yeske2(m): 1:36pm On Feb 15, 2012
My question is do we have any law that gives him the right to the national coffers or is the money his?
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by logica(m): 1:51pm On Feb 15, 2012
Yeske!:

My question is do we have any law that gives him the right to the national coffers or is the money his?
It makes sense that there isn't; because on which account will that be placed - donations account? But this is Nigeria. smiley
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Kobojunkie: 2:03pm On Feb 15, 2012
The CBN Act of 2007 does not allow the CBN this sort of authority so there is no such thing as a valid reason for this move by the CBN. Even if the Board of directors decided on this, it is still not according to the agreement the CBN has with the Nigerian people and so should be questioned and the board members should be fined or worse . , for this action. Just because you are given power to handle our money does not then give you the right to SHARE IT AS YOU WILL . . . , unacceptable move.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Beync(f): 3:49pm On Feb 15, 2012
@jarus, is this all u come up with? U Heard frm ur uncle who is a ceo and who work closely with sanusi,jeez!look @, u just exposed how u guys hav turn cbn into a family biznes,u hear say I said dad
said he wants to, hmmm,dis is people's money and not his state or personal money. U r still tryin to find reason to cover his questionable act.when did cbn become a backyard biznes were sanusi can disburse funds to any group of his interest without due respect to instituted laws and principles guiding his job as cbn governor?
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by naijaking1: 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2012
I just heard on the news that Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has changed his name to DONATUS SANUSI, can anybody comfirm this
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Olaone1: 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2012
This Sanusi is an i.diot .

I'm not a fan of this closet jihadist anymore.

Only an  i.diot would choose to debase himself like this man.

Future president my foot.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by REVOLUTNIS: 6:32pm On Feb 15, 2012
The questions raised by the perceived abuse of office by Mallam Lamido Sanusi has attracted a lot of reactions from Nigerians,but as usual an insensitive President Jonathan has arrogantly ignored the cries of the nation to this flagrant act of fiscal lawlessness on the part of the CBN governor.This is reminiscent of the cries from Nigerians for the removal of the former police IG,Ringim whose final embarassment(ie)the escape of a terror suspect under questionable circumstances brought international disgrace to the Jonathan administration and further endangered the Nigerian public.Sanusi will probably cause more damage to the "suspect unity" of the Nigerian nation,his loyalty lies clearly with the northern islamic/political leadership not with the Nigerian entity,and with a docile President in office he will probably attain his objective with his islamist agenda.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by member479760: 9:43pm On Feb 15, 2012
the most intelligent nigerian so far! abuse of office.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by logica(m): 9:48pm On Feb 15, 2012
nakedall:

the most intelligent nigerian so far! abuse of office.
LOL. Most people don't realize the implication of an IMF chief giving such a "compliment".
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by adamaw2tuf: 11:46pm On Feb 15, 2012
with all monies flying left to right,so what about bh victims in adamawa state? infact the bororo must be dealt with before he strikes again.
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by sayusuf(m): 12:18am On Feb 16, 2012
sls, president 2015
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by safarigirl(f): 12:24am On Feb 16, 2012
Seems to me like tribalism ǡŋ₫ segregation at it's worst, why rob peter to pay paul? If everyone got Ǟ reward for being a victim of bomb blast in Nigeria people would have been blowing themselves up.

If Jonathan ħǟƌ done the same, these characters that are trying to justify SLS would have gone to town with how much of a spendthrift he is, but since a Mallam is giving out citizen's hard-earned money to his people cos of Ǟ blast, it's okay.

The height ☺₣ hypocrisy, 9ja, I doff my hat for una
Re: Faced With Severe Criticism, Sanusi To Donate To Christmas Day Bomb Victims by Samar1: 5:38am On Feb 16, 2012
Are all the victims of kano bomb blast notherners, where are those fools wen soludo stole billion of $ 4rom d oil money

(1) (2) (Reply)

N'Delta Elders Wont Support Jonathan In 2015 If He Fails To Improve The Region / Nnamdi Azikiwe's 113th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! / Executive And Legislative Standoff Slows Governance - President Buhari Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.