Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory (8385 Views)

TB Joshua Prophesies About Attack On Nigeria & Ghana / Full Text Of Apostle Suleman's Prophesies For 2014 / TB Joshua Prophesies Death On 2go / Facebook Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 17, 2012
Paul the Octupus was able to predict winners in a lot of the Games of the last world cup. Was Paul an "Octopus" of God?

The technique used by TB Joshua is nothing new. It is used by a lot of Pastors, Prayer warriors, Clairvoyants, Jazz men and ConMen.

It is using a couple of sentences to cover a whole range of outcomes in a 50-50 probability, without actually going into specifics. What they do is allow you the audience to make the inferences. Importantly there is always a "get-out clause" in the form of a caveat. usually "They should start praying" or "unless God intervenes".

Let's assume TB Joshua made all this predictions that are assigned to him

1. Yes, this blessing is for a country you are not expecting; this victory is for a country you are not expecting.”  Truely Ivory Coast was what is called the bookies favorite, however Zambia was the crowd and most people's favorite for sentimental reasons. So we are now making using our judgements to decide what he means

2. “God wants to make them happy because of the victims of what happened to them in the past. Yes, this is joy; everybody will celebrate. That will make them forget about the past record of what happened to the same country while everybody associates this with Zambia, lets remember that also recently came out of a civil war and the whole Outtarra/gbagbo thing

3. he specifically said a side would miss a definite goal opportunity in the 25th minute I have to be honest this is a tough one. I don't believe he said this before the match but if he did, He must be very good. However, there were other goal opportunities throught the game that could have changed the outcome and gervinho's miss and Stophyra scoring the deciding penalty were the greatest determinants on the outcome of the game rather than drogba's miss. TB Joshua did not predict that.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 17, 2012
Y'all saying T.B Josh prophesied this and that, kindly shut the fork up. It seems you don't know the meaning of a prophesy.

A prophesy from God is a future occurence which is VERY SPECIFIC (not vague) and MUST HAPPEN (not a probability). Anything that does not meet the above definition is not a prophesy.

Open your Bible and look at all the prophesies form the prophets and Jesus Christ. They happened and are presently happening. Whether you pray against it or not, a prophesy will surely occur.

A prophesy is not uncertain. It is definite.
Go and study your Bibles and stop posting crap.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by wesley80(m): 12:03pm On Feb 17, 2012
m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&v=vC7giIJT0pw

That's the link to the video maybe someone can post a better one.

while everybody associates this
with Zambia, lets remember that also recently
came out of a civil war and the whole Outtarra/
gbagbo thing

He specifically said the tragedy happened when they were on their way to a particular country so people like u can shut up!

However, there were
other goal opportunities throught the game that
could have changed the outcome and gervinho's
miss and Stophyra scoring the deciding penalty
were the greatest determinants on the outcome
of the game rather than drogba's miss. TB Joshua
did not predict that.

Oh pls spare me that BS will u? He said in the 25th minute an opportunity that would have handed them the cup would be wasted and it would be just BW the player and the goalkeeper! Oh, he also said the ball wld be played "over". so u were saying?
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by PA1982(f): 2:51pm On Feb 17, 2012
^^^
Please restrain yourself from insults, OK?

Oh pls spare me that BS will u? He said in the 25th minute an opportunity that would have handed them the cup would be wasted and it would be just BW the player and the goalkeeper! Oh, he also said the ball wld be played "over". so u were saying?

And the other missed opportunities?
Not mentioned.
Not in the video that was posted up, anyway.

As other posters have said, the man uses techniques used and beloved by conmen everythere.
It's called cold-reading.

Too bad u see that as an abuse, I thot it was a rational deduction. Perhaps u've not seen the video of the prophecy that's y you're still here saying stuff like this pls try n view it. He was very well specific, mentioning the time a goal scoring opportunity that wld have handed the cup over to CIV wld be lost as well as the manner. How u manage to see a match BW a side with at least 5 very world class players and a Zambian side whose only professional player plays for a second rate SA clubside as a battle BW equals is beyond me.
There are many questions we can raise Abt TB Joshua and they might sound tenable but one of them certainly isn't the genuineness of his predictions, there, he has proven himself BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT! Any aspersions are just ignorant or malicious.

More snide insults.
No problem.
Are you seriously saying this video proves TB Joshua as an authentic prophet?
Then so am I!!!
I bet on Zambia 1-0.
Get serious.

You might as well claim that 'healing of an ulcer' video proves him a healer.
Get serious.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by wesley80(m): 3:41pm On Feb 17, 2012
^^ You know what? I was once a TB Joshua - sceptic just like you, but i had an open mind and was willing to discover the truth for myself. I cant tell you what to believe but from where i am, you're wallowing in ignorance and seem to be basking in it. If u are in Spain like your profile suggests i'm sure u can view youtube videos quite quickly and if data charges wont be an issue, why not take out some time and view some of his predictions on youtube so you can have enough ammunition to prove he's phoney? It isnt cool to bad mouth someone based on scanty information, you only display how ignorant you are - seriously no offense.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by PA1982(f): 7:50am On Feb 18, 2012
I read your reply with great attention.
Of course you are right to suggest that we have better internet connection here in Spain than in Nigeria, so indeed I do have access to many videos via Youtube, many articles, blogs and commentaries via Google.

It's precisely because I can compare TB Joshua's video to others that I say what I do.
Check out the videos of debunked mediums and psychics and see just how similar they are to TBJ's videos.
It's not pretty viewing, I can assure you.

One basic principal of human error is very much at work here, you know. It's called confirmation bias.
It's when we pick out something that confirms what we WANT to see.
Such as seeing the apparently accurate prophecy AFTERWARDS and not registering, even forgetting, the many unfulfilled ones.
Try writing down ALL the prophecies uttered, not just the ones edited and published by his church and you'll quickly see what I mean.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by wesley80(m): 8:16am On Feb 18, 2012
^^^ You're only proving how fixated you are cos you're yet to show a single area in the prediction that was vague. Point out an area in the prophecy that was vague instead of indulging in 'vague' arguments yourself.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by PA1982(f): 8:21am On Feb 18, 2012
I was trying, and very courteously, to explain the mechanism which has taken you in.
When I get back from work I'll dedicate 30 minutes to what you ask.
In return, I ask you learn about
confirmation bias (Google it)
and watch videos of debunked psychics (Youtube)
OK?
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by wesley80(m): 8:58am On Feb 18, 2012
^^^Deal - At least d first part is. But if u think I'm going to waste my bundle watching some "psychic videos" online, dat one na lie o!
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by Nobody: 11:04am On Feb 18, 2012
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by Nobody: 11:24am On Feb 18, 2012
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 18, 2012
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:55am On Feb 18, 2012
bermuda1:

Paul the Octupus was able to predict winners in a lot of the Games of the last world cup. Was Paul an "Octopus" of God?

Good question. I will rather ask; Was "Paul" also a prophet of God? undecided
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by FXKing2012(m): 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2012
PA1982:

I read your reply with great attention.
Of course you are right to suggest that we have better internet connection here in Spain than in Nigeria, so indeed I do have access to many videos via Youtube, many articles, blogs and commentaries via Google.

It's precisely because I can compare TB Joshua's video to others that I say what I do.
Check out the videos of debunked mediums and psychics and see just how similar they are to TBJ's videos.
It's not pretty viewing, I can assure you.

One basic principal of human error is very much at work here, you know. It's called confirmation bias.
It's when we pick out something that confirms what we WANT to see.
Such as seeing the apparently accurate prophecy AFTERWARDS and not registering, even forgetting, the many unfulfilled ones.
Try writing down ALL the prophecies uttered, not just the ones edited and published by his church and you'll quickly see what I mean.

Let me tell u a short story: some years back I was having a particular ailment and I'm talking of something that was very serious. I got invited to the healing school of Christ Embassy and after the session which lasted about a month, pastor Chris came to pray for us and he laid his hand on every one of us, and I got my healing that same day. I saw so many others who got healed and got up from their wheelchairs and beds and all. These were people I had come to personally know cos we were in the school together for almost one month.

My point is it is easy for me to believe cos I have experienced it first hand; it may be very difficult for u to believe cos u have never experienced it.

Do u believe in magic? Have u seen David Copperfield where he made a plane to disappear and where he was flying in the sky? I saw it myself alongside several other people and there was no special effects cos it was live.
Go to India, you will see all sorts of spirituality at work. You will see people turning into snakes and all sorts of spirituality.
Now, if these things exist (and they belong in the dark world), what makes you think they dont exist in the light as well? The devil is not more powerful than God, so if the devil could do those nasty things it only goes to show that God can do even much more.

Miracles exist, prophesies exist and some people are blessed with these spiritual gifts!
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by wesley80(m): 2:50pm On Feb 18, 2012
^^ Bless your soul.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 18, 2012
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by PA1982(f): 9:33am On Feb 19, 2012
^^^Deal - At least d first part is. But if u think I'm going to waste my bundle watching some "psychic videos" online, dat one na lie o!
I'm very sad you don't want to learn just how you have been taken in by this man's show.
There are excellent videos which explain in depth how public 'prophecies' work.

I'm watching a video at the moment of the TB Joshua prophecies for 2012.
How embarrassing to think anyone is taken in by this.

FXKing2012:

Let me tell u a short story: some years back I was having a particular ailment and I'm talking of something that was very serious. I got invited to the healing school of Christ Embassy and after the session which lasted about a month, pastor Chris came to pray for us and he laid his hand on every one of us, and I got my healing that same day. I saw so many others who got healed and got up from their wheelchairs and beds and all. These were people I had come to personally know cos we were in the school together for almost one month.

My point is it is easy for me to believe cos I have experienced it first hand; it may be very difficult for u to believe cos u have never experienced it.

Do u believe in magic? Have u seen David Copperfield where he made a plane to disappear and where he was flying in the sky? I saw it myself alongside several other people and there was no special effects cos it was live.
Go to India, you will see all sorts of spirituality at work. You will see people turning into snakes and all sorts of spirituality.
Now, if these things exist (and they belong in the dark world), what makes you think they dont exist in the light as well? The devil is not more powerful than God, so if the devil could do those nasty things it only goes to show that God can do even much more.

Miracles exist, prophesies exist and some people are blessed with these spiritual gifts!

Are you actually telling you don't understand David Copperfield is a stage magician?
It does explain why you are so gullible.
Everyone knows about those Indian fakirs' trick- is it possible you believe in them?
This an absurd post, FXKing2012, even more so than most of your's I've read.

As for the other posters- I'm astonished people take these prophecies so seriously here.
I'll take the trouble to post up links to explanations of how and why people allow themselves to be convinced by 'prophets'.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by wesley80(m): 11:10am On Feb 19, 2012
@PA1982
One question 4 u. Are u a Xtian, Muslim, Atheist,Agnostic or whichever I left out. Your answer might help both of us.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by FXKing2012(m): 11:34am On Feb 19, 2012
wesley80:

@PA1982
One question 4 u. Are u a Xtian, Muslim, Atheist,Agnostic or whichever I left out. Your answer might help both of us.

She's an atheist, cant u see it written all over her posts?
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by brinell(m): 1:32am On Feb 21, 2012
@Bermuda et al: What really is your beaf with Prophet T.B. Joshua? That he is a prophet or what? That prophets don't exist again or what? What exactly is your stress? If you are really in the UK, you better come home and see reality. Don't just sit in the UK, Spain etc and think you are 'there', therefore, nothing of the sort happens.

You know what, if your ego can allow you, just simply install and tune to EmmanuelTV, then come online to talk. Since you know so much about who is God's servant, prophet etc., there is nothing any one can do really.

Miracles or prophecies even if they are verified, even if they are proved, even if it is someone's mother that is raised from the dead, there are some people in this world that will never believe! So do we stop on our tracks because of such distractors? Definitely NO, they are just an insignificant few! We just look at them, shake our head, probably reason with their ignorance, and possibly pray for their time of knowledge and enlightenment. It will come, it normally comes! Then you know and be wise.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by FXKing2012(m): 7:37am On Feb 21, 2012
brinell:

@Bermuda et al: What really is your beaf with Prophet T.B. Joshua? That he is a prophet or what? That prophets don't exist again or what? What exactly is your stress? If you are really in the UK, you better come home and see reality. Don't just sit in the UK, Spain etc and think you are 'there', therefore, nothing of the sort happens.

You know what, if your ego can allow you, just simply install and tune to EmmanuelTV, then come online to talk since you know so much about who is God's servant, prophet etc., there is nothing any one can do really.

Miracles or prophecies even if they are verified, even if they are proved, even if it is someone's mother that is raised from the dead, there are some people in this world that will never believe! So do we stop on our tracks because of such distractors? Definitely NO, they are just an insignificant few! We just look at them, shake our head, probably reason with their ignorance, and possibly pray for their time of knowledge and enlightenment. It will come, it normally comes! Then you know and be wise.

Thank you very much, you are blessed! Most of these clowns just open their mouths to talk trash cos they are in Spain or UK and such things dont happen there. They just come to Nairaland to expose their folly.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 21, 2012
FXKing2012:

Thank you very much, you are blessed! Most of these clowns just open their mouths to talk trash cos they are in Spain or UK and such things dont happen there. They just come to Nairaland to expose their folly.

Everyone has a right to believe what they want to without resulting to insults. If some people choose to believe that people like TB Joshua have the gift of prophesy its their right to do so. if people like me choose to believe that what he does is not prophesy but a play on psychology and probabilities, it is my right to do so.

Somebody came here and said that what David Copperfield does in the name of "magic" is real because they have witnessed it. It is his right. I know for sure that David copperfield is an "illusionist". What we call in Nigerian parlance "The more you look, the less you see". Magic is simply a trick. So is Jazz and so is what a lot of our "Men of God" do.

My humble personal opinion is that one of the reasons why Africa’s progress is stunted is that we are too eager to believe that which we are afraid to try and explain. We are too willing to believe in the supernatural at the expense of our own natural human abilities. This manifests itself on our undue reliance in the agents of the supernatural be it “Prophets” like TB Joshua or Jazzmen. These people take away our natural ability to develop ourselves. We give them your money, we give them your time and most importantly, we give them the ability to decide and make decisions for ourselves.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by PA1982(f): 8:01am On Feb 22, 2012
^^^^
Thanks for defending our right to expose illusion and misdirection when we see it.

On the subject of TB Joshua's footie prophecies-
It's already been gone over in this forum, you know.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-776199.0.html

I've seen the 'prophecy' videos available on Youtube. You can be in the UK or Spain or Paris or Lagos and see them for what they are- a showman working the crowd.
And the 'healing' videos are even worse.

FXKing2012:

She's an atheist, cant u see it written all over her posts?

Well, this particular poster is so ignorant he can't tell the difference between someone who dares to call his favourite MOG a tired fraud and an atheist.

Wesley, I'm Catholic.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by FXKing2012(m): 8:50am On Feb 22, 2012
PA1982:

^^^^

Wesley, I'm Catholic.

hohohohoho. . .you got me laughing like the pope.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by PA1982(f): 8:57am On Feb 22, 2012
^^^
I'm glad you've had a giggle.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by FXKing2012(m): 9:46am On Feb 22, 2012
PA1982:

^^^
I'm glad you've had a giggle.

And I'm glad u made it happen.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by PA1982(f): 8:18pm On Feb 22, 2012
Errr, back to the OP topic?
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by FXKing2012(m): 11:03pm On Feb 22, 2012
What really baffles me is how somebody could just come up to claim that a pastor is false even without any evidence; the claims are based solely on hearsay and rumours. It's just crazy!
What about the testimonies of those that were healed, why is that their testimonies are not accepted by the skeptics? Why are the skeptics so quick to believe those that say the pastors are false (even with no evidence) but will never believe those that have been touched and have testimonies to share.
It simply tells me it's the devil at work.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 23, 2012
FXKing2012:

What really baffles me is how somebody could just come up to claim that a pastor is false even without any evidence; the claims are based solely on hearsay and rumours. It's just crazy!
What about the testimonies of those that were healed, why is that their testimonies are not accepted by the skeptics? Why are the skeptics so quick to believe those that say the pastors are false (even with no evidence) but will never believe those that have been touched and have testimonies to share.

God gave us a brain so that we can use it and seek knowledge. How would the world be if we swallowed everything that we are told hook, line and sinker in the name of blind faith?

There are testimonies and there are happenstances and coincidences. If a man has a headache and takes Panadol after a short prayer, he can decide it was the panadol that cured his headache or he can go to church and give testimony that he received divine healing.

As a Christians, I have prayed and things I have asked for have happened, even things that can be ascribed as miracles. However, things that I have wished for in life have happened to me, even things that can be ascribed as miracles, without me praying for them.

Everyday people of all faiths and no faith receive minor “miracles” in their lives. Be it the woman told she will never get pregnant, or the man told his illness has not cure or even the student who read a page before exam and that topic was question number one.  If you are a “born-again believer”, you will ascribe all this to God and say you have received his miracle and favour. If you are a nominal Christian, you will say prayer works and you give testimony hat you received divine healing. If you are of no faith, you can ascribe this to luck or a freak and aberration of nature. For a miracle is an occurrence out of the normal or usual.

I will implore anybody who wants to understand about illusions and predictions to read about Derren Brown. This is someone who if he had a church in Nigeria, will definitely have one of the biggest congregation and followers because of his powers.

From Derren Brown’s Wikipedia

Though his performances of mind-reading and other feats of mentalism may appear to be the result of psychic or paranormal practices, he claims no such abilities and frequently denounces those who do. Brown states at the beginning of his Trick of the Mind programmes that he achieves his results using a combination of "magic, suggestion, psychology, misdirection and showmanship". Using his knowledge and skill, he appears to be able to predict and influence people's thoughts with subtle suggestion, manipulate the decision-making process and read the subtle physical and psychological signs or body language that indicate what a person is thinking.
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by PA1982(f): 9:50pm On Feb 25, 2012
FXKing2012:

It's actually very, very simple.
The prophetic and the healing videos are such crude hoaxes anyone with any experience in the world has to see them as the fakes they are.
Testimonies can be made under many different circumstances, even under utter conviction.
Surely even you can see that doesn't make their testimony true.

There are even people who are convinced Derren Brown and David Copperfield are 'real' magicians, pathetic as it may sound!
And will 'testify' their belief!
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by FXKing2012(m): 9:39pm On Feb 26, 2012
PA1982:

It's actually very, very simple.
The prophetic and the healing videos are such crude hoaxes anyone with any experience in the world has to see them as the fakes they are.
Testimonies can be made under many different circumstances, even under utter conviction.
Surely even you can see that doesn't make their testimony true.

There are even people who are convinced Derren Brown and David Copperfield are 'real' magicians, pathetic as it may sound!
And will 'testify' their belief!

You simply dont believe in the spiritual, so you really believe everything is physical and nothing is spiritual in this world. Hmnnn. . . .
Re: Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory by PA1982(f): 9:33pm On Feb 27, 2012
I find it hilarious you have to resort to such a foolish 'strawman' argument at this point.

I don't hold back from calling a hoax a hoax.
Especially such crass hoaxes we've been shown as proof here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Angola Becomes The First Country In The World To Ban Islam & Muslims / The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction / How Do You Want To Be Remembered When You Are Gone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.