Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? (8029 Views)

Learning A Trade/vocation? Opinions Needed / Vacation Vocation: Does It Exist In Nigeria / Can A Young School Leaver Get A Good Job To Further His/her Education? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by mirob(f): 4:32pm On Feb 15, 2012
Hi all, I'm wondering what lucrative vocation a boy that has completed his secondary education but can't afford to further his education for now do that will enable him to be independent. Thanks its for a young friend I'm trying to help and your input would be appreciated as usual.
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by yamakuza: 8:41am On Feb 16, 2012
mirob:

Hi all, I'm wondering what lucrative vocation a boy that has completed his secondary education but can't afford to further his education for now do that will enable him to be independent. Thanks its for a young friend I'm trying to help and your input would be appreciated as usual.

even when we paid N200/session, people still claimed the above. Just cant understand it.

I mean, in a country where a man who grew up with no shoes bagged a PhD and even became president!

Anyways, to answer your question, he can become an apprentice in any of:

1. Auto Workshop
2. Fashion House
3. Furniture Outfit
4. Printing Press

better still, he should learn how to drive.

1 Like

Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by mirob(f): 5:22pm On Feb 16, 2012
Hi, I was thinking that there is a programme a school leaver can G̶̲̥̅̊☹ in for all this oil stuff, I might be wrong but I want to know if there is, pls help ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ to find out. Thanks so much.
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by yamakuza: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2012
With SSCE? His chances'd be slim.

Even Shell's SITP requires OND with upper credit.
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by yamakuza: 1:36pm On Aug 11, 2012
any progress?
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by mirob(f): 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2012
Not yet oooooo.
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by newacca: 10:46am On Aug 20, 2012
Bro let him just enroll with a Professional Barber and get good skills. I bet it after d training and getting good location to start from,he might be tempted to quit school 4ever. I am an OND holder,an ACCA student, an Entreprenuer. Yet,I am currently learning how to make cut and make style with hair. cheesy Bro,my name will be celebrated in the Fashion and style industry within a while.
ciao
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by AjanleKoko: 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2012
I am just trying hard not to collapse in laughter cheesy
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by yemmyma: 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2012
trying not to laugh as well but he might have a good case sha...
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by AjanleKoko: 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2012
yemmy_ma: trying not to laugh as well but he might have a good case sha...

Which case?
Abegi.

So this 'which is more lucrative' bug has also bitten prospective tradespeople?
Naijas and ATM mentality. Trade na trade. None of them will result in Total kind of money. But any of them can earn a good honest living.
For example, I have been looking for a good skilled plumber for days now embarassed
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by yemmyma: 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2012
AjanleKoko:

Which case?
Abegi.

So this 'which is more lucrative' bug has also bitten prospective tradespeople?
Naijas and ATM mentality. Trade na trade. None of them will result in Total kind of money. But any of them can earn a good honest living.
For example, I have been looking for a good skilled plumber for days now embarassed

My point actually reflected more on the individual but not the thread itself. Why i said @Newacca might have a case is because i found him from the Canada thread a long time ago and if you have a skill like barbing you might do well with it outside Nigeria while studying.
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by newacca: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2012
@ajanlekoko,
where are u located? I have two brovaz that are skilled plumber but they are in Abeokuta,Ogun State.

@Yemmy ma,
Yea. u just watch out. I am already making the foundation to get into the Fashion industry. My wife will be going to Italy next month to study fashion in one of the prestigious fashion institute of the world;while I take my time to explore the men's world.
I am damn sure I will do well with barbing both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.
Do your research and make ur findings how many time men cut there hair within a month? how much it cost to treat men's hair both low and afro? what is the average number of customer a barber shop located in commercial area makes per day? how much do u cut hair in ur area? Then let's calculate.
tell [b]Ajanleko [/b]to go to NEXT in Yaba and see things for himself. There are lot of them making fortune from this.
ciao
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by yemmyma: 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2012
newacca: @ajanlekoko,
where are u located? I have two brovaz that are skilled plumber but they are in Abeokuta,Ogun State.

@Yemmy ma,
Yea. u just watch out. I am already making the foundation to get into the Fashion industry. My wife will be going to Italy next month to study fashion in one of the prestigious fashion institute of the world;while I take my time to explore the men's world.
I am damn sure I will do well with barbing both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria.
Do your research and make ur findings how many time men cut there hair within a month? how much it cost to treat men's hair both low and afro? what is the average number of customer a barber shop located in commercial area makes per day? how much do u cut hair in ur area? Then let's calculate.
tell [b]Ajanleko [/b]to go to NEXT in Yaba and see things for himself. There are lot of them making fortune from this.
ciao

If i see someone who can cut my hair for me often, i'd be a happier person right now. I cut my hair at NEXT some years ago N800-N1000. Yeah, right!
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by tpia5: 8:28pm On Dec 09, 2013
healthcare, like some form of nursing.

any updates, btw?

If he needs a profession which will allow him to study and work at the same time ( ie pay for his schooling), then healthcare might be one of the better options, not set in stone though.
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 12, 2017
newacca:
Bro let him just enroll with a Professional Barber and get good skills. I bet it after d training and getting good location to start from,he might be tempted to quit school 4ever. I am an OND holder,an ACCA student, an Entreprenuer. Yet,I am currently learning how to make cut and make style with hair. cheesy Bro,my name will be celebrated in the Fashion and style industry within a while.
ciao

Boss . How far with the barbing job? Please I am very much interested in learning
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by newacca: 10:07am On Jan 12, 2017
alexistaiwo:

Boss . How far with the barbing job? Please I am very much interested in learning
Chairman, Im currently learning new skills outside Nigeria. Though, I'll still invest huge capital in barbering. I'm pursuing academic career in Interior Design and Product dewign, which will also be useful in my beauty and personal care business. smiley

You can learn the skill from and competent and creative barber. It pays.
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 12, 2017
newacca:

Chairman, Im currently learning new skills outside Nigeria. Though, I'll still invest huge capital in barbering. I'm pursuing academic career in Interior Design and Product dewign, which will also be useful in my beauty and personal care business. smiley

You can learn the skill from and competent and creative barber. It pays.

God bless you sir
Re: Best Lucrative Vocation For A School Leaver? by newacca: 11:59am On Jan 12, 2017
alexistaiwo:

God bless you sir
smiley and you too sir.

(1) (Reply)

What Was Your Experience Working For A Factory Company? / How Do You Advise Someone Who Hates His Job? / Nigeria Police Promote 243 Senior Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.