Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth (6214 Views)

The Location Of Garden Of Eden has being found And The Tree At The Middle. / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by latadeyek(m): 11:42pm On Oct 19, 2007
There is a question i've been asking, and i need you guys out there to help me out, at least to make things easy for me.

Can any one tell me with concrete evidence, the location of "Garden of Eden" on this earth?

I will appreciate any form of help, Thanks
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by Dios(f): 3:54am On Oct 20, 2007
It's a MYTH.
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by jerrymania(m): 9:02am On Oct 20, 2007
Its located in Present Day Iraq, according to the Bible.
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by Mustay(m): 9:03am On Oct 20, 2007
;d ;d :p
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:10am On Oct 20, 2007
Well, the answer to the question is that the Garden of Eden ceased to exist after the cataclysmic flood and is no where to be found, it perished. IIPeter.3:6,1-5.

For further details check out this weblink:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2003/1021eden.asp
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by BlkRaven(f): 9:24am On Oct 20, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

Well, the answer to the question is that the Garden of Eden ceased to exist after the cataclysmic flood and is no where to be found, it perished. IIPeter.3:6,1-5.

For further details check out this weblink:

It never existed.
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by jerrymania(m): 9:49am On Oct 20, 2007
BlkRaven:

It never existed.

Can you tell us why?
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by BlkRaven(f): 1:34pm On Oct 20, 2007
jerrymania:

Can you tell us why?

Because it's just a story that was 'borrowed' (and adapted) from ancient Sumerian texts.
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by Ollie39: 1:55pm On Oct 20, 2007
The Garden of Eden described in the Book of Genesis as being the place where the first man, Adam, and the first woman, Eve, lived after they were created by God. The past physical existence of this garden forms part of the creation belief of the Abrahamic religions. The creation story in Genesis relates the geographical location of both Eden and the garden to four major rivers (Pishon, Gihon, Hiddekel, Euphrates), as well as a number of named regions (Havilah, Cush, Asshur or Assyria) (see Genesis 2:10-14). This seems to suggest a setting in the ancient near east, specifically somewhere in or near Mesopotamia. However, because the identification of these rivers has been the subject of much controversy and speculation, a substantial consensus now exists that the knowledge of the location of Eden has been lost. There is yet no other indication found of its existence beyond the record found in Genesis and other early Judaeo-Christian literature, such as Jubilees.

1 Like

Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by mellow(m): 2:12pm On Oct 20, 2007
Really think hard.[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by henrijin: 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2007
first, u need 2 know tgat the bible is a spiritual book and should not be taken too earthly or literarily. the story of adam and eve is a representation of how man came into being.it describes the creation of man by God in the first creation.the garden, eden, is a representation of the spiritual world where man originates.in other to develop,he must leave and the only place opened to it was to come down here on earth which is not a punishment but a help granted to man out of the Love of God. in summary,the garden of eden isn't located here on earth but a description of the spiritual realm where man originates.-REFLECT FELLOW READERS.
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by iyaaje(m): 9:15pm On Oct 23, 2007
wetin you dey look for for sokoto dey for sokoto,no be for my mouth una go hear say the garden of eden wey una dey look for dey in between genevieve,omotola and many others leg.
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by henrijin: 10:40am On Oct 25, 2007
iya aje.this is a serious thing so u dont need to say vulgar.

1 Like

Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 25, 2007
henrijin:

first, u need 2 know tgat the bible is a spiritual book and should not be taken too earthly or literarily. the story of adam and eve is a representation of how man came into being.it describes the creation of man by God in the first creation.the garden, eden, is a representation of the spiritual world where man originates.in other to develop,he must leave and the only place opened to it was to come down here on earth which is not a punishment but a help granted to man out of the Love of God. in summary,the garden of eden isn't located here on earth but a description of the spiritual realm where man originates.-REFLECT FELLOW READERS.

@ henrijin,
are you a redaer of the book, In The Light Of Truth: The Grail Message?
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2007
"Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:" 2 Peter 3:6

"Contrary to popular belief, then, the Garden of Eden was not in Iraq.  It was destroyed by the global Flood, and so its actual location under piles of sediment can never be known.  For that matter, the original Garden could have been on the other side of the world!"

@latadeyek,

If you really want to know the answer to your question don't listen to stories of legends, myths or fantasies read the Truth book and there you will find the account of the One who was there and is now willing to communicate the truth to those who will seek Him in sincerity and truth.  John 4:24

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2001/0125eden_found.asp
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by ricadelide(m): 12:20am On Oct 28, 2007
henrijin:

All the words in bold are what wont let me pass this up. Just a brief reposte.
Granted, the bible is a spiritual book. However, the question of what to take literarily and what to take figuratively in the bible is one we must be careful about. Are the early accounts in Genesis 1-3 literal and historical or merely figurative? The whole of the bible makes it clear that they are to be read literally. Jesus clearly points to Genesis, when he said, "have you not read that in the beginning he made them male and female"? If it wasn't a historical event, why would Jesus refer to it? Paul and other writers of the epistles likewise severally referred to Gen. 1 through 3. Paul makes it clear that through Adam sin entered the world - was that figurative? He also refers to Eve being deceived by the serpent's cunning, and that Adam was made first before Eve. There is no support in the bible for any reduction of Gen 1-3 to a mere figurative role. It is not figurative, neither is it a 'representation' of how man came into being - those are very false teaching to infer from the bible.
You mention a 'first creation' - what are you referring to? THere was only one creation account.
Was the garden of Eden a representation of the spiritual world? No where is that supported in the scriptures - clearly it teaches that God planted the garden in the east, and proceded to describe how God caused trees to grow out of the ground. Was it a spiritual ground? Furthermore it talks about a river that runs through the garden and describes the river in relation to known geographical regions like Cush, Assyria, etc - which clearly are not references to any spiritual domain. He even brought the animals to meet Adam in the garden - are the animals also spiritual as well?
As for your story about man needing to "develop" - that's where you grail message accounts totally do not have any bearing with the scriptures, and there's no point trying to reconcile them.
All in all, any cursory reading and 'reflection' on the biblical account makes no room for the false teachings you've tried to misread into the scriptures. You may choose to believe those things - but don't try to robe the bible in along with a false teaching. They don't go together at all. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 28, 2007
@ ricadelide'

i never get your time, i still dey come.
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by henrijin: 2:10pm On Oct 29, 2007
enitan2002.i read everything i see and get out the truth from them.it does not matter where u read from, but the message u will get from what u read.i advise everybody not to just accept things blindly because other people accept.
ricadelide.the problem with us is that we do not interprete the bible correctly.
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 30, 2007
henrijin:

enitan2002.i read everything i see and get out the truth from them.it does not matter where u read from, but the message u will get from what u read.i advise everybody not to just accept things blindly because other people accept.
ricadelide.the problem with us is that we do not interprete the bible correctly.

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by ricadelide(m): 2:19pm On Oct 30, 2007
henrijin:

i read everything i see and get out the truth from them.it does not matter where u read from, but the message u will get from what u read.i advise everybody not to just accept things blindly because other people accept.
Bros, let me just be brief. There's a difference between the TRUTH and a message. True, you can get a message from everything you read; even if you don't get a message, you would get information. However, TRUTH, in this case being objective, absolute truth, cannot be gotten from everything one reads.
It does matter where you read from, if the goal is to obtain truth from them. It is not possible for a book to provide answers or content as regards TRUTH if it uses the human reason as its reference point. Objective truth and reality cannot be gotten from a mere human perspective or even from collective humanity, because we are finite beings. Certainty of knowledge which is a prerequisite for making truth-claims demands that the author(s) know all things - which isn't possible for limited humans. Thus the only source of objective, universal truth has to be from God to man. Not from man to man.
Furthermore, even if a book lays claim to divine inspiration, that is still not the end of the matter - the truth-claims of such a book can be examined in order to see if the so-called inspiration is valid. Like you yourself said, we can't just accept any claim of divine inspiration blindly, without examining such claims to see if it is inherently consistent and consistent with observation. So you realize, the options we have for finding TRUTH are rather very narrow.

Now, coming to the issue of interpreting the bible correctly, i have some questions: how is the interpretation that you have given to the biblical passages consistent with the bible itself? How does one interpret scripture? Are you aware that scripture must be interpreted with scripture (2Pet. 1:20-21, Is. 28:13)?
That was what i did in my response - by showing you Jesus' and Paul's references, which are also scripture, to counter the wrong interpretation that you have tried to give those bible passages. Cheers smiley.

1 Like

Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by mnwankwo(m): 2:49pm On Oct 30, 2007
God is the absolute TRUTH. Therefore it is impossible for any creature to understand the absolute TRUTH. Human beings, who are creatures can only understand as much as God reveals and as much as within their capacity to understand. We human beings should spend our time in leaving according to the laws of God instead of wasting resources in matters that cannot be understood even when we are in heaven.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by ricadelide(m): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2007
m_nwankwo:

God is the absolute TRUTH. Therefore it is impossible for any creature to understand the absolute TRUTH. Human beings, who are creatures can only understand as much as God reveals and as much as within their capacity to understand. We human beings should spend our time in leaving according to the laws of God instead of wasting resources in matters that cannot be understood even when we are in heaven.
Again, let me be brief for now.
It is true that Christ is the TRUTH (John 14:6). However, it is not true (from the Word) that it is "impossible for any creature to understand the absolute TRUTH". Perhaps you do not understand what i meant by 'absolute' - i do not mean that a man can become omniscient. No. By 'absolute' i meant unchanging and established.
Keeping that in mind, the bible is clear:
"For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us" (ICor. 2:11-12)
Earlier, Jesus had said:
"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come." (John 16:13)

There are many other scriptures that can be quoted; but those two should suffice to make the point that God is able to lead us into understanding all truth by His Spirit which He has given us. You yourself made it clear that we can only understand as much as God has revealed; and the point is - God has revealed (see Eph.1:9, 2Pet. 1:3, 1Pet. 1:20) all that we need to know especially as regards life and godliness and we can understand that which he has revealed.
Understanding (of the truth) is very crucial, and i dare say is what seperates those who are on the right path from those who aren't (see Eph. 4:18, NIV). If we cannot understand the TRUTH, why the prayer of Paul in Eph. 1:18 -19?
You alluded that we should devote our time living according to "the laws of God". Although i don't really know what you mean by that phrase, i know that you can't live according to a set of laws if you do not understand those laws in the first place.
And lastly, although now "we know in part", i doubt if your statement that they "cannot be understood even when we are in heaven" is true biblically, for it clearly says we "shall know fully" (ICor. 13:12) and elsewhere it says "we shall see him as he is" (1John 3:2). Cheers.
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by mnwankwo(m): 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2007
Absolute truth is God. Absolute truth embodies all knowing, all powerful and all presence. Only God has these attributes and nothing else. Love God with all your heart and soul and love your neighbour as yourself. That is the law of God and any person who follows these is a servant of God and will find his way to heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by henrijin: 2:18pm On Oct 31, 2007
nwankwo.u have said all.very simple.love God with all your heart and soul and love your neighbours as yourself.VERY SIMPLE but u know human beings now.it is very hard for them to obey.even me is trying my best to live according to the laws of God.

1 Like

Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by mnwankwo(m): 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2007
@ Henrijin,

We have disobeyed the laws of God for so long and that is why it is a struggle when we we decide to dedicate our lives in accordance with the laws of God. Our weaknesses, habits and sins do not disappear immediately we express the desire and conviction to serve God. Indeed with the decision to serve God, all our faults, sins, and weaknesses confront us much more powerfully. No child learns how to walk without falling. If the child wants to walk, he must get up after each fall, learn the experience from the fall and soon the child can run even without given it a thought. If our conviction in the omnipotence of God is firm, we will recieve the power to conquer our weaknesses and sins. Definitely, their will be struggles. A gem cannot be polished without friction and man cannot ovecome his weaknesses/sins without battling them. The road to paradise has been overgrown with weeds simply because we have not been using it. As soon as we start to use it , the weeds will gradually be removed and soon the road will become beautiful and sunny. We are here on earth to recognise and live absolutely according to the WILL OF GOD. There is no other purpose. The power of God will help all those who truely yern to recognise and live only according to his laws.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by Ndipe(m): 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2007
Olaadegbu, thanks for the link. Now, I can use it to discount the work held by the likes of Dr. Catherine Acholonu that Adam and Eve were from Nigerians.
Re: Location Of Garden Of Eden On Earth by cuteNhot(f): 11:55pm On Dec 24, 2007
once jerrymania is on this thread
its an absolute giveaway that this thread
should be ignored.

(1) (Reply)

The Prophetic Word On The Final Destiny Of Nigeria By Junior De Souza / Using The Fear Of Hell / Why Do People Fall Under The Anointing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.