Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials (6142 Views)

Clampdown On Corrupt Nigerians Will Be Sustained –DSS Boss / 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader / Protesters Storm Buharis Office Demand Death Penalty On Corrupt Politicians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by SNCOQ3(m): 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2012
speeder:

This is a very good improvement. Some of u amaze me. It should b tested first on EFFC  workers first cos wats d use of asignining a job to a mole. Lamorde it is very good improvement. D maching will be coiled around ur arms, if u are asked a question ur blood pressure will either reduce or increase. If it reduces u r truthful and if it increases u r a double agent or a liar. Once it has been tested it would b used on any criminal cought. I'm happy for d improvemant.

Yes, this is a good development. anything to  instilling integrity in EFCC is a step in the right direction.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by oaroloye(m): 7:04pm On Feb 16, 2012
There is a Religion that is based on the Polygraph Principle, that is, Scientology.

Scientology uses the so-called "E-Meter" to determine that the persons being processed (PreClears) are actually obeying the processing commands. (E.g. "Remember a time when you felt cold." "Remember a time when your foot was hurting."wink Much time will be wasted if the PreClears are not concentrating on the exact thought or mental image they are instructed, but this device prevents that from happening by giving a definite indication that the Processing Commands were or were not carried out. Therefore, promotion from one level or another in Scientology is granted or denied based on one's performance on E-meter Tests.

The first thing any Scientologist will tell you about these tests is that not just anybody can administer them. They probably would go further than that, and tell you that whatever anyone learned about such procedure outside of their own classes is not helpful. L. Ron Hubbard (the founder of Scientology) cited a situation where a Police Polygraph Test would test positive on crimes committed by a suspect in another lifetime.

Yes, I know: This is the most ridiculous thing that you ever heard in your life. That is exactly what L. Ron Hubbard himself said when he discovered this phenomenon. He was able to prove, electronically, that people showed indications of having lived at another time, in another identity- not even related to their current one. When asked questions about their alleged former life, the E-Meter, reputedly much more sensitive than the non-Scientology models- gives consistent affirmation that they are speaking the exact truth. They may not even believe that what they themselves are apparently remembering is really the truth.

One PreClear was in session with L. Ron Hubbard himself, and he had tried everything else, and reached an impasse, so he felt inspired to command, "Go back to the last time you died!" Immediately, this person began relating an experience in which he was being killed to death by a sabre-toothed tiger. According to known Science, sabretooth tigers and Humans did not exist in the same time period. (Creationism- the belief that the Universe was created by God according to Biblical Genealogy, not more than about 10,000 years ago- believes that it can be scientifically proven that that notion is false, but that is another story!)

This person believed that this experience happened to him 50,000 years ago.

Whether or not this is true is beside the point. The point is that without the accommodating belief system, that allows for a person to show a physiological reaction claiming responsibility for things that they did not do, narrow-minded people are going to get rubbish results that are going to condemn good people (or not-so-bad-as-all-that people) for things they not only didn't do, but know for a fact that they never dreamed of so doing.

It is of utmost importance (for reasons outside the scope of this discussion) to Western Science and Medicine that no legitimacy whatsoever be given to Scientology and its many interesting and important findings, so that this tool is generally inadmissible in courts, and it is merely said that the Polygraph Test is "unreliable."

Therefore the EFCC should not be allowed to rely on such an intrusive technique that can literally destroy innocent persons socially and mentally.

A person whom the test "proves" to be a liar, a thief, a murderer, and other undesirable traits which they know they never did in their "current" lifetime would tend to likely believe the test above their own memory, and might even lose their sanity because "Surely a machine can't lie." Even if they were sufficiently strong-willed to decide that the technique must be wrong- or even simpler, the operators made mistakes (hard to maintain when they show you the graphs, showing the "peaks" and "valleys" that indicate where you lied, and where you told the truth, and match them up,) those around them- even beloved spouses- would have little or no reason to believe them.

(For the record, I personally do not believe that people reincarnate, to live again and again, and again. Rather, I believe that the evidence merely shows that the memories of a person who lived before can be transferred to living people- through mechanisms I cannot discuss right now. The best we can say is that it can be shown to have happened, and this sort of information should not be disseminated to public officials, because it is none of their business.)

The bottom line is: If the Government cannot do its job without intruding upon the Citizens' Privacy and Personal Security, it should be changed for one which can.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by MAYOWAAK: 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2012
In U.S.A,the lie detector in 30 minutes caught 20 thieves;UK, in 30 minutes it caught 500 thieves;Spain, in 20 minutes it caught 25 thieves;Ghana, in 10 minutes it caught 6,000 thieves; Uganda in 7mins it caught 20,000 thieves, Nigeria, in 5 minutes the machine was stolen.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Coefficient(m): 7:14pm On Feb 16, 2012
Mehn, dis ppl sabi business sha! See anoda way to earn cool cash, lie detector ko,boko haram detector ni. All of dem wey go chop frm d contract don dy positioned.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by BigB11(m): 7:26pm On Feb 16, 2012
This is a good development for those of you who have been away from Nigeria for too long or for folks that know absolutely nothing about our system in Nigeria.
This development is nothing but another big money maker for the team that will be managing or monitoring the result of the lie detector equipment.

My request is to first strap Ibrahim Lamorde (the EFCC chairman) to the equipment and see if he passes the test. I'm confident that the dude will severely fail.
Now the question is: if the top (who controls everything) can not pass the test what hope do we have for this shameful organization?

Our problems in Nigeria are straight forward and solutions to these problems are also very simple. But the group of criminals in-charge are determined to continue to crack rocks in search for water, when the river is just right in front of their nose.

Our president will not pass Lie detector test. In fact, all the leaders, present and from the past will also fail the test. So, who are they f00ling?

My prediction: The newly implemented Lie Detector test in Nigeria will not last. It is d@mn too close to home for our severely corrupt leaders to embrace and retain the idea of Lie Detector in Nigeria. In a few months, it would all dissolve.

Deceiving or dishonesty is part of our system and culture in Nigeria. This administration doesn't possess the stamina require to eradicate this disease

I will welcome Lie Detector Test in Nigeria when president Goodluck Jonathan is able to pass the test.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by blackboi(m): 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2012
Lie dictector ko, Di:ck Arousal ni. Yeye peepu angry
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by executinal(m): 8:00pm On Feb 16, 2012
MAYOWAAK:

In U.S.A,the lie detector in 30 minutes caught 20 thieves;UK, in 30 minutes it caught 500 thieves;Spain, in 20 minutes it caught 25 thieves;Ghana, in 10 minutes it caught 6,000 thieves; Uganda in 7mins it caught 20,000 thieves, Nigeria, in 5 minutes the machine was stolen.
grin grin grin grin They test run the machiene or what??
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by BigB11(m): 8:30pm On Feb 16, 2012
I am not concerned about the EFCC officials, I am concerned about the criminals (politicians) that select these officials.

1000% of leaders (politicians) in Nigeria will fail Lie Detector test, even if the question is as simple as: WHAT DID YOU EAT LAST NIGHT?
If there is a pencil, our leaders will quickly discover an eraser. This is how it has been for more than 45 years in Nigeria;
I'm sure that as usual they have already started working on the most effective strategy to beat lie detector test in Nigeria.

To expect this administration to fight corruption in Nigeria effectively and efficiently will be just like expecting a chicken running around with a set of teeth.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by fm7070: 8:54pm On Feb 16, 2012
they're sick, really sick
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by eghost247(m): 9:13pm On Feb 16, 2012
ok now
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by sizzlers(m): 10:27pm On Feb 16, 2012
gud move, we must start frm smwhere
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by kizito96(m): 10:56pm On Feb 16, 2012
These devices don't work on Nigerians. I know a Nigerian who committed a crime in New York, he denied the crime, he was taken to a lie detector. This boy just remained cool, and passed the test. Since then the New York Police said Nigerians will never fail a lie detector
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 11:25pm On Feb 16, 2012
Oh lawdy, not this brain dead idea again!

Ok, while I would not recommend doing this - now that I have gone strictly legit - I did manage to beat breathalyzer machines all over the UK at one time, using  trademarked techniques learnt off a ex professional boxer. At the roadside or a police station, the results were always the same; this IC3 always got one over exceedingly rude coppers. Friends who used the same MO never suffered a moment's regret either. Now before you rush to tell me I would have passed anyway, understand he who done the deed knows the sin grin

Of course, I do not advocate breaking the law, I am merely showing there are tried and tested ways of fooling machines of any kind. Any engineer worth his salt knows this.

You want to pass the polygraph test?? No be Naija we dey?

Manage your blood pressure (hell, do a Baba Suwe if necessary grin)
[img]http://listverse.files./2007/11/blood-pressure-tm.jpg?w=300&h=199[/img]
Throw off the machine’s reading of the control questions by changing your blood pressure and heart rate. It’s difficult to do, but with practice, the next few methods and countermeasures will prompt your body to do so. Do some of the following when replying to control questions:

Develop a breathing strategy. Throughout the test (except during control questions) maintain a normal breathing rate of 15-30 breaths per minute. Do not breathe too deeply. Then alter breathing rate with control questions. You can make it faster or slower, you can hold your breath for a couple of seconds after an exhalation, or you can breathe more shallowly, for example. Do this for 5-15 seconds, and return to your normal breathing pattern before the next question. As explained above, the polygrapher will compare your physiological responses to control questions to your responses to relevant questions. If the deviation from normal during control questions exceeds the deviation from normal during relevant questions, you will pass. If, however, you react more to a relevant question than to control questions, the polygrapher will perceive (rightly or wrongly) that you are lying in response to something relevant—you will fail the polygraph.

Do math in your head. During control questions do something mentally complex. For example, count backwards in your head as quickly as possible or do some quick long division, as you are answering the question.

Think about something exciting or frightening; think of things that make you ecstatic, fearful, or frustrated.

Bite your tongue. Bite the side of your tongue hard enough to cause pain, but not so hard as to draw blood. Practice this in a mirror to be sure the polygrapher cannot detect it. This is highly effective, but may be detectable if you have to speak for an extended period, because you can’t bite while you’re speaking. Only use this method if you can give a quick “yes” or “no” response, which, luckily, will be most of the time.

Insert a small nail or tack in the toe area of your shoe and press down on this during the control questions to elicit a pain response. This is a sound method, but it is easily defeated if the polygrapher asks you to remove your shoes.

Contract your BehindBased sphincter muscle when a control question is asked. While also highly effective, this method may (or may not) be discovered with the use of pressure-sensitive seat pads that are now commonly used.
source
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Depilot(m): 12:48am On Feb 17, 2012
Please, give me a break, fellows.
What about JUJU or BLACK MAGIC?
Juju can be used to beat Lie Detector test @ any time and any day; grandma's underwear inside your pocket, 15 minutes of lion blood shower, balls of a 40 years old horse inside your shoes and a glass of rat pee (urine). And I can assure you that lie detector will not detect anything.
If you don't believe me, go ask Gbenga Daniel.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Kobojunkie: 1:02am On Feb 17, 2012
speeder:

This is a very good improvement. Some of u amaze me. It should b tested first on EFFC  workers first cos wats d use of asignining a job to a mole. Lamorde it is very good improvement. D maching will be coiled around ur arms, if u are asked a question ur blood pressure will either reduce or increase. If it reduces u r truthful and if it increases u r a double agent or a liar. Once it has been tested it would b used on any criminal cought. I'm happy for d improvemant.
SNCOQ3:

Yes, this is a good development. anything to  instilling integrity in EFCC is a step in the right direction.
I would love it if any of you two could help me see what you see here. How exactly will the acquisition of lie detectors help the EFCC here? Corruption in Nigeria usually involves the stealing of mostly public funds. How will a lie detector test on those fin-gered in such practices help our case?
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Gentleboby: 1:05am On Feb 17, 2012
Lie Detector Yes ! How much ! HMMMMMMMM For the sake of Nigerians just give me N50,000,000,000 !  Ha haaaaaaaa
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by drbunmi(f): 2:37am On Feb 17, 2012
every one knows u cant arrest someone just because he failed a lie detector test, criminals can control their pulse rate when strapped with d device and they will pass d test, i think this man is looking for another avenue to waste money! sad
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Depilot(m): 3:17am On Feb 17, 2012
I know the dude that first introduced Lie Detector in Nigeria a couple of years ago. I will check if this dude is related to Lamorde.
The way things go in Nigeria, I will not be surprised if Lamorde is only indirectly emphasizing the use of Lie detector test because he will be getting his cut if the system is fully introduced and accepted in Nigerian system.

This is why he has only limited the introduction within EFCC officials, with plan that after some time Lie detector will become popular and acceptable device in Nigeria.

Don't forget that every single government official is a criminal and anything goes in Nigeria.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by werepeLeri: 6:42am On Feb 17, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

These people are fools o ! What the fũck do we need lie detectors for ?

Didnt you read what he said they will use them for? and you still stay here asking what will they use dem for.

Some people here are just time wasters - did you really read what the man said? It will be used on officials of the EFCC - not on every "perceived" corrupt official in government. Chei - English no be my language, abi?
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Mucokey(m): 9:31am On Feb 17, 2012
but
methinks with this
information now, millions
of Nigerians suffering for
chronic high blood
pressure will want the machine strapped around
their heads 24 hours a day

Abeg make una look into dis issue more cos many ppl re getting healed already.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Dyamante(f): 10:34am On Feb 17, 2012
Hah!and who told them that these detectors are 100% effective?they are not even fully relied upon abroad
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by chiswaggs: 11:11am On Feb 17, 2012
theres nothing this man will do that will impress me until Jonathan gives a press release on why he woke up on the wrong side of his bed one morning and removed farida waziri without anybodys concent. Otherwise, the new man will also be careful not to offend any of jonathans godsons or daughters so as not to be remopved by his big boss. the same thing we do with our football is what we our doing with somfn as important as efcc. SMH angry
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by seanet02: 11:18am On Feb 17, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I would love it if any of you two could help me see what you see here. How exactly will the acquisition of lie detectors help the EFCC here? Corruption in Nigeria usually involves the stealing of mostly public funds. How will a lie detector test on those fin-gered in such practices help our case?
I wonder oooooooooooo
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by flexdee(m): 2:55pm On Feb 17, 2012
Nigerian public office holders with their lies and deceit
they want to run our psyche down.

cant stop lmfao grin grin grin
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by adventisty: 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2012
lovely country!

(1) (2) (Reply)

SDP Rejects Atiku For President, Backs Duke / SERAP Takes Buhari To ECOWAS Court Over Secrecy In Loan Spending, Debt Crisis / Court Nullifies Taraba APC Guber Primary, Orders Fresh Election In 14 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.