Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,342 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials (6138 Views)

Clampdown On Corrupt Nigerians Will Be Sustained –DSS Boss / 'Immunity Or Not, You'll Face The Law' - Buhari On Corrupt Leader / Protesters Storm Buharis Office Demand Death Penalty On Corrupt Politicians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by mukina2: 4:39pm On Feb 16, 2012
The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Lamorde has unveiled sweeping new reforms in order to sanitize the apex anti-corruption body in the country including the application of Polygraph or Lie detector tests.

Lamorde who appeared before the Senate in order to defend his appointment by Goodluck Jonathan admitted that there was rot in the EFCC.

The EFCC boss revealed, “There is this perception that there is corruption in the agency, I want to tell you that to some extent that is correct. Since I assumed office as the Acting Chairman, I have been trying to address some of the issues.

“As I speak to you, we have three of our personnel that are in detention for acts that are unacceptable by the standards of our anti corruption agency. We have also initiated prosecution against two other officers. The cases are in court.”

The Senate confirmed his appointment even as Lamorde shed further details on his planned reforms for the agency.

He said, “Going forward, I have decided to establish an internal affairs department and the department of professional standards whereby every employee of the commission, including myself, will be vetted at entry into the agency and also periodically to see whether one’s lifestyle is commensurate with one’s income and if somebody is having a lifestyle that is unacceptable to the agency.

“I have decided to introduce a polygraph test for everybody. We are going to acquire machine and ask all of our staff to undergo polygraph test. There is no way an agency like the EFCC can go out and perform its functions when people out there are of the perception that corruption also has infested the commission.”

http://businessnews.com.ng/2012/02/16/efcc-to-introduce-lie-detector-tests-to-oust-corrupt-officials/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=efcc-to-introduce-lie-detector-tests-to-oust-corrupt-officials
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Sunofgod(m): 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2012
Backward country,

Instead of lie detector tests being used against politicians they are being used against those charged with investigating corrupt politicians.

How about they strap GEJ to it and ask him some questions regardin the 13 million dollars the wife embezzled - somehow i dont think she's clever enough to have pulled of something like that without input from GEJ himself.

Or they could strap Okonjo-Iweal to it and ask her one simple question - are you an agent of the world bank/IMF?

Is there an institution in Nigeria tht is not corrupt?

SMH
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 16, 2012
Rubbish! Waste of resources. It won't work. They better use that money meant to purchase those worthless machines for something else. Another means to embezzle money. OLES!!!
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by babaowo: 4:59pm On Feb 16, 2012
The commision which can't prosecute the real witness,which is best evidence, hahahahahhah! I laughed in boko' s, "obo ngbobo po ni won" means monkey backing themselves lolz
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by 27naira(m): 5:00pm On Feb 16, 2012
Sun of god:

Backward country,

Instead of lie detector tests being used against politicians they are being used against those charged with investigating corrupt politicians.

How about they strap GEJ to it and ask him some questions regardin the 13 million dollars the wife embezzled - somehow i dont think she's clever enough to have pulled of something like that without input from GEJ himself.

Or they could strap Okonjo-Iweal to it and ask her one simple question - are you an agent of the world bank/IMF?

Is there an institution in Nigeria tht is not corrupt?

SMH

easy bro.  cheesy show some respect nah
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by jspac(m): 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2012

Funny Country!
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by velo10: 5:09pm On Feb 16, 2012
What is the efficiency level of the so-called lie-detector machine?
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Jakumo(m): 5:09pm On Feb 16, 2012
African lie-detector tests are typically conducted by Voodoo witch doctors dressed in grass skirts, and the procedure entails the slaughtering of domestic animals, the muttering of incantations, and the flogging of those deemed deceptive.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Mcdondayan: 5:11pm On Feb 16, 2012
It is a step in the right direction only if it will not be an artifact in the EFCC'S office. And after finding that these men of the underworld are lying, a man who stole 10 billion naira will asked 2 pay 5 million naira as bail charge, and the case will last in court for another 15 years. God bless Nigeria
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by kokoye(m): 5:13pm On Feb 16, 2012
Which corrupt operator will operate the lie detector machine?

even the lie detector machine can be influenced.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by UyiIredia(m): 5:18pm On Feb 16, 2012
These people are fools o ! What the fũck do we need lie detectors for ?
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 16, 2012
27naira:

easy bro.  cheesy show some respect nah
what respectwhat good have they done to earn our respect?RUBBISH!!!
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by hbabe(f): 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2012
Just another joke and of course additional waste of national funds.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by success4(m): 5:29pm On Feb 16, 2012
so what will be penalty for a liar? shocked
Nigeria with her funny people lipsrsealed
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 16, 2012
kokoye:

Which corrupt operator will operate the lie detector machine?

even the lie detector machine can be influenced.
lol, that is the question we should be asking, corrupt fools, dem don jam mumu Nigerians wey no sabi anytin, lie detctor ko fornicating detector ni!
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by hbabe(f): 5:32pm On Feb 16, 2012
success4:

so what will be penalty for a liar? shocked
Nigeria with her funny people lipsrsealed

The liars will be forced to become politicians and join any popular party. undecided
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by speeder(m): 5:35pm On Feb 16, 2012
This is a very good improvement. Some of u amaze me. It should b tested first on EFFC  workers first cos wats d use of asignining a job to a mole. Lamorde it is very good improvement. D maching will be coiled around ur arms, if u are asked a question ur blood pressure will either reduce or increase. If it reduces u r truthful and if it increases u r a double agent or a liar. Once it has been tested it would b used on any criminal cought. I'm happy for d improvemant.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Nyntynplus: 5:41pm On Feb 16, 2012
who is lieing for who? D operator of d machine him sef is going to be a lier, d owner of d machine too is a lier nd d machine its sef wil one day lie dt Bankole, Nafada & Atiku are nt lies,
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by success4(m): 5:43pm On Feb 16, 2012
hbabe:

The liars will be forced to become politicians and join any popular party. undecided

[size=38pt]GBAM[/size]
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by dagboss(m): 5:44pm On Feb 16, 2012
@speeder

So that is how the machine works! Thanks for educating me so it makes the blood pressure to go down if you are telling the truth, but methinks with this information now, millions of Nigerians suffering for chronic high blood pressure will want the machine strapped around their heads 24 hours a day grin grin grin
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 16, 2012
dagboss:

@speeder

So that is how the machine works! Thanks for educating me so it makes the blood pressure to go down if you are telling the truth, but methinks with this information now, millions of Nigerians suffering for chronic high blood pressure will want the machine strapped around their heads 24 hours a day grin grin grin

lmfao!
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 5:49pm On Feb 16, 2012
Do you need a machine to catch an identified thief ? If Efcc is really serious about this,i implore them to test jonathan and his wife publicly as an example to other politicians.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by desthan(m): 5:56pm On Feb 16, 2012
Simple neurology. . . .

Talking about activating the creative and visual cortex. . .

Fuggeddabout. . . .Our people are the machines it self.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Arosa(m): 6:01pm On Feb 16, 2012
@topic, nice one.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 16, 2012
Hey bluetooth is back! welcome back!
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 16, 2012
i cant see dayokanu around. did seun ban him too?
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by success4(m): 6:09pm On Feb 16, 2012
diluminati:

i cant see dayokanu around. did seun ban him too?

Check sport section. He was there abusing Arsenal n Mukina yesterday cool
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2012
diluminati:

Hey bluetooth is back! welcome back!

Dont mind seun,he thinks he can oppress me because he owns nL by doing the bidding of ibos .Thank you jare
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by cchampme(m): 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2012
this is vveerryy funny
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by Gsmxpert(m): 6:26pm On Feb 16, 2012
The machine can easily be cheated as it depends on heart beat, fear and voice pressure. A confident
liar can easily cheat easily.
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by WafiJoe(m): 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2012
Story that touch
Re: Efcc To Introduce Lie Detector Tests On Corrupt Officials by 76Naira(m): 6:39pm On Feb 16, 2012
I hope they do not experience the following within 12hrs to the test;

Drive through mad traffic
Sleep without electricity & get raided by mosquitoes
Get harassed by a military man or area boys
Avoid an armed robbery incident

The last time I checked these are still rampant in that country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Magnitude 5.8 Earthquake Hits Off West Coast of Africa: USGS / Arewa Youths Oppose Elders Over 2015 / BREAKING: Men In Military Uniform Break Into Ateke Tom's Palace In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.