Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Help! How Can I Install An Os On Mini Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help! How Can I Install An Os On Mini Laptop (3427 Views)

How To Upgrade The Android OS On My Tplanet Tablet PC / How To Install Android OS On A PC / Pls How Do I Transfer Files From My Windws To My Sles 10 Os On Vmware On Same Pc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! How Can I Install An Os On Mini Laptop by domack99(m): 12:30am On Feb 17, 2012
hello house, my mini laptop seems to be corrupted and i need to re-install another OS on it, since they don't come with CD-ROM compartment, how do i instal a new OS on it.
Is it possible to use an external hard disk?
Re: Help! How Can I Install An Os On Mini Laptop by Ekiti1: 11:42am On Feb 17, 2012
U can use external cd drive or flashdrive
Re: Help! How Can I Install An Os On Mini Laptop by jmoore(m): 1:24am On Feb 18, 2012
flashdrive is better, burn the iso image into a flashdrive.
Re: Help! How Can I Install An Os On Mini Laptop by bedfordng(m): 9:31am On Feb 19, 2012
@domack,i would advice you to use external cd drive because it wont corrupt your burnt file.using of flash corrups the file.
Re: Help! How Can I Install An Os On Mini Laptop by jmoore(m): 8:57pm On Feb 19, 2012
It depends on the flash drive. I have been using flash drive to install os since my dvd drive can't work.
Re: Help! How Can I Install An Os On Mini Laptop by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:29am On Feb 20, 2012
@ op

i presume you want to install windows??

if so get the following:

1: ORIGINAL flash drive of at least 4GB

2: a windows dvd for windows 7 or a .iso (thats a image file of the .iso)

3: Windows 7 Usb DVD download tool. Google and download this too.

use the download tool to create a bootable usb stick of the OS on another pc.

put on the netbook and enter the bios. immediately u put it on, the first screen you see shows u what function key to press to enter the bios.

u need to change the boot sequence order to USB first.

NOTE THAT MOST TIMES NETBOOKS COME WITH THE BIOS SET TO BOOT FROM USB BY DEFAULT SO THAT STEP MAY NOT BE NEEDED AFTER ALL

plug in the usb stick and power the netbook, it will boot up the os and install as appropriate.

or as pointed out above, source for an external dvd drive! its just that from experience, those are not that easy to get from people and expensive to buy!
Re: Help! How Can I Install An Os On Mini Laptop by bakosu: 10:42am On Dec 19, 2013
How can android os be installed on 7'' mini laptop without bios set up

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need Help On How To Download Youtube Videos On My Pc / Hp 15 For Sale - 48k / Neat UK Used Asus Z54C - 8GB RAM, core i3 At Affordable Price *sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.