Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals (7673 Views)

Massive Shake Up In Nigerian Army , As Buratai Appoints New Gocs / Suicide Bombs: Muslims Kick As Army, Police Frisk Women In Hijab, Burka - Punch / Breaking: Nigeria Army Redeploys Senior Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by Aringarosa(m): 3:46am On Feb 17, 2012
THE Nigerian Army has named new General Officers Commanding (GOCs) for the 1st division, Kaduna; 3rd division, Jos and 82 division, Enugu in a major redeployment involving 29 generals.

In the redeployment made public on Wednesday, the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 1 Division, Major General Joseph Shoboiki, moved to defence headquarters as Director of Policy (D Pol) while former Director, Training at the Army Headquarters, Major General Garba Ayodele Wahab, becomes the GOC 1 Division.

The statement announcing the redeployments said, "Major General J.O. Nwaogbo is also the new GOC for 3 Division, while Major General Sunday O. Idoko is leaving the 82 Division to become the Chief of Logistics (COLOG) at the Army Headquarters. Major General O.O. Oshinowo of the Special Task Force (STF) Jos is now GOC 82 Division.

"The Commander, Nigerian Army Corps of Artillery (NACA), Major General Emmanuel Etim Bassey has been appointed as the Chief of Administration at Army Headquarters. Major General M.B. Ibrahim, formerly of Defence Headquarters now commands the Special Task Force (STF) Jos.

"In the same vein, Major General A.T. Jibrin and Major General U. Buzugbe have been confirmed as Director of Military Intelligence (DMI) and Military Secretary (Army) respectively. The Director of Army Public Relations, Major General Raphael Ishaku Isa, is now the Provost Marshal of the Nigerian Army while the new Commander of the Nigerian Army Peace Keeping Centre (NAPKC) Jaji, is Major General J.S. Zaruwa. Major General A.S. Agha-Okoro, who until now was at the Department of Army Training and Operations (DATOPS) at the Army Headquarters is now the Director, Legal Services (DLS).

"Other new appointments include the Commander, 3 Brigade, Brigadier-General I.I. Abbah; Commander, 31 Brigade, Brigadier-General Ilouga; Commander, 21 Brigade, Brigadier-General R.O. Bamigboye. Brigadier-General C.O. Okoro, is now Sector Commander/Nigerian Contingent Commander of the United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL) while Brigadier-General M.A. Koleoso has been appointed the Sector Commander/Nigerian Contingent Commander for the United Nations Mission in Dafur (UNAMID).

"Twenty-nine Major Generals and 43 Brigadier Generals are affected in the redeployment", the statement concluded.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/feb/16/613.html
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by DuduNegro: 4:02am On Feb 17, 2012
First, who recommended the reshuffle? Second, who reviewed it? Third, who approved it? Fourth, who implemented it?
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by mensdept: 5:45am On Feb 17, 2012
^^^True.

This army cant beat anyone except unarmed owambe civilians
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by hakanai(m): 9:39am On Feb 17, 2012
^^^ why do you folks ask?Is it not the duty of the COAS or what are you saying?I know the GOC the presidency most times would like to settle for loyal generals to avoid a coup.It is important you have GOC,commanders and chiefs in your pocket while you are president.considering they flex the authority to commandeer the units.
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by DuduNegro: 9:49am On Feb 17, 2012
I asked because we have more than one government ruling the country.
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by 9jaIhail(m): 10:05am On Feb 17, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

I asked because we have more than one government ruling the country.

i know you are disappointed in what you saw.now you begin asking silly question.in a short time you will successfully tribalize the whole reshuffled. i will advice you to quit from your ethnic bigotry because it won't lead you anywhere.

Thank you sir
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by jayzik(m): 11:49am On Feb 17, 2012
Please dos anyone has information as to the DSSC presently training in Makurdi, I have three friends on camp and ever since last week friday that I spoke with one of them their numbers has not been reachable. Is that they seize their phones from them or what? And will it continue like that for the three or six months that they will be on camp? Please help with information if you have it urgently
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by babaowo: 11:50am On Feb 17, 2012
Good reshuffle.
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by omosexy1: 11:51am On Feb 17, 2012
@haka_nai coup are not perpetrated by Generals. They are mostly carried out by middle officers, Like Lieutenants, Majors or Captains. The Generals are already big boys and are very comfortable. Many are plotting their next move by going into politics
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by emmydee(m): 12:31pm On Feb 17, 2012
who is GOC Kaduna
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by Basics007: 12:31pm On Feb 17, 2012
All these paper general sef. Wahala go come now dem go kneel down dey beg
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by ulnan: 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2012
I hope d Stf comander posted 2 jos is not another muslim fanatic who will sponsor muslim soldiers 2 start killing christians? Cos I have heard of stories where some soldiers,mainly muslims will be sent to christian areas and some Alhaji's will come and give dem huge ammount of moni to get some christians head for dem. Pls if at all he must be a muslim,let it be yoruba muslim,they are more civilised and won't be sentimental in their dealings
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by lafuria1(m): 1:34pm On Feb 17, 2012
Will this help to tackle boko haram or it is just politics as usual, I no like ur face, redeploy.
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 17, 2012
"
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by executinal(m): 2:19pm On Feb 17, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

First, who recommended the reshuffle?  Second, who reviewed it?  Third, who approved it?  Fourth, who implemented it?
If it has to do with your field you will know better.
@Op this is welcome development, hope they combact terrorist with their new assigment.
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by pedestal82(m): 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2012
@ Jayzik, yes they are not allowed to use a mobile fone while on training. They can only reach out or call when they are on Pass, which shld be from at least the 3 mth of training.
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by Mogten(m): 3:57pm On Feb 17, 2012
Shame about General Oshinowo though, , He's such a good man! Known him since he was a colonel.
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by mensdept: 4:06pm On Feb 17, 2012
Why not a major reshuffling of the country itself? Why are we operating with a national police force? WHy do we have elections once every four years for all the positions? Why is everything concentrated at the center?
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by jayzik(m): 4:28pm On Feb 17, 2012
@Pedestal82: Thanks bro for that info, u just saved a soul.
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by nsiadi: 9:55pm On Feb 17, 2012
@ Naija I Hail,

You observed well
Some people are out to criticize all the time
The funny thing is they are barren & have no ideas
Same happened when Hafix Ringim was axed
Now we are all seeing some changes
Even though we are not there yet what we are seeing is encouraging
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by Limaoscar: 12:36am On Feb 18, 2012
I see a gradual balancing of power in the military here. The post civil war threw up a lot of people from same region because of the vacuum created by the civil war. Now things are shaping up and I can see a gradual balance in appointment across the regions or bluntly put between North and South. Sounds good to me.
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by DuduNegro: 1:09am On Feb 18, 2012
You all are fools that welcome and jubilate this as a good reform. You have not learnt lessons from the past tragedies and atrocities.

This announcement is the appointments. Where is the power and command structure, can we see who the people are in the Lt Col, The Major and Warrant Officers, particularly who occupies the QMG? A Hausa General appointed to head a Igbo commanding heirarchy is useless. . . nothing but a figurehead! A Igbo General commanding Enugu cantonment over Hausa Quarter Master and Lt Cols is useless, even though he is on his soil. . . .he has no command power. Yoruba General in Kaduna where all his pertinent subordinates are Hausas is useless. . . .figurehead!

You all are cheering figureheads as signs of improved changes. The change you need is for your tribe man to be the QMG, Lt Cols and Majors on their own soil. . . . at that level, it will not matter who the GOC is . . .because the true power of the command is saturated in the junior officers who are natives. We are in a treacherous times. . . . stop cheering what you don't know just because it sounds good. You made this same mistake with Obj, IBB, Abacha, Adulkarim. . . .you are yet to learn. We cheer bullshyyt!
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by DuduNegro: 1:13am On Feb 18, 2012
I see a gradual balancing of power in the military here.

Lima, this balance you see, it sounds great and Id love to see what you see. Can you please share with me where you see this balance of power at? cool
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by Beaf: 1:22am On Feb 18, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

You all are fools that welcome and jubilate this as a good reform.  You have not learnt lessons from the past tragedies and atrocities.  

This announcement is the appointments.  Where is the power and command structure, can we see who the people are in the Lt Col, The Major and Warrant Officers, particularly who occupies the QMG?   A Hausa General appointed to head a Igbo commanding heirarchy is useless. . . nothing but a figurehead!  A Igbo General commanding Enugu cantonment over Hausa Quarter Master and Lt Cols is useless, even though he is on his soil. . .  .he has no command power.  Yoruba General in Kaduna where all his pertinent subordinates are Hausas is useless. . . .figurehead!

You all are cheering figureheads as signs of improved changes.  The change you need is for your tribe man to be the QMG, Lt Cols and Majors on their own soil. . . . at that level, it will not matter who the GOC is . . .because the true power of the command is saturated in the junior officers who are natives.   We are in a treacherous times. . . . stop cheering what you don't know just because it sounds good.  You made this same mistake with Obj, IBB, Abacha, Adulkarim. . . .you are yet to learn.  We cheer bullshyyt!

Perhaps, you would be right if the army was the sort of thing a bigot would conceive.
Reforms have been going on since Obj's time, Yar Adua came in and hurriedly tried to undo them, but as you can witness all of his GOC's and their surrogates are now gone and the army is attaining a healthy ethnic balance. The same thing is happening down the ranks as well.

More than anything, talking about the ranks getting disobedient is funny. In the army, the officer is god; in the war front, you dissent and get a bullet. Even history shows how Nzeogwu was able to freely operate from Kaduna with total confidence and complete control; in current times, you can witness how the JTF is able to stamp its colosal authority in the NE, Kano and Kaduna.

Nice one GEJ.
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by Beaf: 1:25am On Feb 18, 2012
Also, nobody has tinkered with the army like GEJ, his first action (the one that removed Dambazou) was likened to a coup; it was a complete beheading of the top ranks. No one had ever done such in normal times, so I trust that by the time he is done, we will have a truly representative army.
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by DuduNegro: 1:39am On Feb 18, 2012
More than anything, talking about the ranks getting disobedient is funny. In the army, the officer is god; in the war front, you dissent and get a bullet. Even history shows how Nzeogwu was able to freely operate from Kaduna with total confidence and complete control; in current times, you can witness how the JTF is able to stamp its colosal authority in the NE, Kano and Kaduna.

Id rather have a bigot tell me what is good for my interest than have an untrustworthy creekman spin it with convinction.

You have a script now I see. What you wrote above is the same recklessness with which you assessed the powerful capabilities of JTF and Army to march on Maiduguri and wipe boko out. There are far more atrocities going in Maiduguri but we dont hear because journalists have been chased out, . . . . . .all the powers and strength you said they were going with has not produced marginal improvements, even with the backing of a state of emergency and curfew.

Come up with a new script Beaf. grin
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by Beaf: 2:51am On Feb 18, 2012
^
As usual, the desperate straw clutching starts! Like a damaged tool, you cannot even keep to topic.
Its the lil d.i.c.k/small man effect, bruv; it makes you feel defeated each time someone else presents a superior argument.

It makes you feel so little that you need to reach out for useless straws that have no bearing on the current topic. Every discussion is a learning process and only those with tiny winnie d.i.c.ks like yourself see it as a war in which they are constantly cowering in danger of defeat.

You need a shrink to help yourself.

What has the rate of success in the battle against boko haram or journalists being chased out of Maiduguri (according to you) got to do with army loyalty? You are confusing even yourself.
Re: New Gocs Emerge As Army Redeploys 29 Generals by Smartluv(m): 6:48am On Feb 19, 2012
gud reschfuling, i believ they wil leave up to theit duties witout compromise. Congrats to them all.

(1) (Reply)

Northern States Demand Compensation From FG / Ahmed Magaji Tinubu Is Not A Yoruba Name. Tinubu Mean Nothing In Yoruba / Voter Apathy Mars Rep Bye-election In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.