Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,645 members, 7,820,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Must They Always Shout In Tongues Without Interpretation? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must They Always Shout In Tongues Without Interpretation? (3282 Views)

Pls Can I Get Interpretation To My Dream / How Do You See Speaking In Tongues Without Interpretation In Church? / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must They Always Shout In Tongues Without Interpretation? by UyiIredia(m): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2012
Why person dey vex for im Christian broda wey dey speak in tongues, no com dey vex for imself when im dey speak in tongues to ?

belabela:

@wesley80

tongues = languages There is nothing spiritual in understanding that. If you speak 3 languages it means you can speak in three tongues. You can learn a language or God can give you the ability to speak a language which also means to speak in tongues.

Nice one !
Re: Must They Always Shout In Tongues Without Interpretation? by chiteny(m): 1:12am On Mar 22, 2012
@Chiteny
Yeah, I knew someone would pick on those. But u should understand that what he listed in Gal 5:22-23 isnt an exhaustive list of the fruits of the spirit Just as those he listed from verse 19-23 are not an exhaustive list of the 'workings of the flesh'. Rather his list of fruits of the spirit are those that highlight the deep contrast with the workings of the flesh listed in verses 19-23, its very important u understand that.

So Wesley, I guess since the list is not exhaustive, you would like to add to it
Re: Must They Always Shout In Tongues Without Interpretation? by BERNIMOORE: 10:06pm On Mar 23, 2012
[b]@wesley80,

[size=18pt]your kind dribble is awesome
[/size]
Firstly,going through the posts,you erred blatantly 'by refusing to obey the rules of the topic,that is you 'must show us scriptural bible backing of any assertions you claim.
your quote below;

nothing could be further from the truth. You should draw a distinction between "gift of the spirit" and "fruit of the spirit". [size=14pt]Speaking in tongues is a FRUIT of the spirit[/size] therefor compulsory for Christians, anything less is choosing to live less than you've been called to.
After failing to back your assertion that 'Speaking in tongues is a FRUIT of the spirit' then someone help to put you on track,by quoting below;

Gal 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

These i know are the fruits of the spirit. Speaking in tongues is not listed.
Now,what are you supposed to do as a christian?
see your reaction below;

Yeah, I knew someone would pick on those. But u should understand that what he listed in Gal 5:22-23 isnt an exhaustive list of the fruits of the spirit
Having aknowledged that you have your lies have been exposed, instead of 'throwing in the towel'you choose a seemingly destructive path,'to add to the inspired scriptures' now just see the consequencies below;

" Proverbs 30:5-6
"Every word of God is pure; He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.[size=14pt] Do not add to His words, lest He rebuke you, and you be found a liar.[/size]

Revelation 22:18-19
"[size=14pt]If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life,[/size] from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

hear yourself below, you started quoting 'out of context'by splitting the scriptures,choosing a,and rejecting b.
note that 'all scripture' are 'God breathed'and inspired,and not 'part scriptures'.

Now what did Paul actually mean by 'Divers kind of tongues'? For that I refer u to[size=14pt] 1st Corinth 13:1a[/size] where he says 'though i speak with the tongues of men and angels', Please get the distinction. Tongues of men here refers to 'divers tongues' which rightly is a gift from God while tongues of Angels refers to speaking in tongues which is a fruit of the Spirit and not necessarily a gift. Paul could very well have listed 'speaking in unknown tongues' as a gift, but the distinction was well intended.
to expose your lies,
i will do that in 2 quick ways,
1,using hebrew dictionary,but im not relying wholy on that,but the same bible verse that you used has rxposed you.
2,using 1 Corinthians 13:2,3.
now,

1,using hebrew dictionary first;

1Cor 13:1 ThoughG1437 I speakG2980 with the tonguesG3588 G1100 of menG3588 G444 andG2532 of angels,G3588 G32 andG1161 haveG2192 notG3361 charity,G26 I am becomeG1096 [as] soundingG2278 brass,G5475 orG2228 a tinklingG214 cymbal.G2950

G1437

ἐάν

ean

eh-an'

From G1487 and G302 ; a conditional particle;
in case {that} { provided } etc.; often used in connection with other particles to denote indefiniteness or uncertainty : - {before} {but} {except} (and) {if} (if) {so} ({what-} whither-) {soever} {though} when ({-soever}) whether ({or}) to {whom} [who-] so (-ever). See G3361 .

'G1437[size=14pt]'used for (though) also means (if)[/size]
'though' here denotes a 'conditional particle'often used in connection with other particles to denote indefiniteness or uncertainty.
thats what i will show you in (2)below;

1 Corinthians 13:2,3.

2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and [size=14pt]though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains[/size], and have not charity, I am nothing.
bolded word,did paul actually 'move a moutain really'?wait dont answer yet,try your logic on the next;

3And [size=14pt]though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[/size] and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

did he actually 'bestow all my goods to feed the poor' 'I give my body to be burned'literally?

but then,both assertions made by paul in both verses rests on 'sub ordinate' clause which he seek to emphasise
' [size=16pt]and have not charity[/size], it[size=16pt] profiteth me nothing[/size]'.
so,there is no shame in accepting your fault here,
fruit of spirit does not include 'speaking in tongues' please,my brother,its simple as that,people on this page saw that error,we are all learning,but must be humble to accept the truth,that is strenght in itself,and that is why i loved being a christian,truth are not hidden from the bible except those who seek to use what i can term as 'dead technicalities' according to philosophies but not according to christ.
cheers.
[/b]
Re: Must They Always Shout In Tongues Without Interpretation? by BERNIMOORE: 11:51pm On Mar 23, 2012
[size=14pt]'all scripture' are 'God breathed'and inspired,and not 'part scriptures'.[/size]
2 timothy 3:16,17.
Re: Must They Always Shout In Tongues Without Interpretation? by Nobody: 1:11am On Mar 24, 2012
BERNIMOORE: [b]@wesley80,

[size=18pt]your kind dribble is awesome
[/size]
Firstly,going through the posts,you erred blatantly 'by refusing to obey the rules of the topic,that is you 'must show us scriptural bible backing of any assertions you claim.
your quote below;

After failing to back your assertion that 'Speaking in tongues is a FRUIT of the spirit' then someone help to put you on track,by quoting below;

Now,what are you supposed to do as a christian?
see your reaction below;

Having aknowledged that you have your lies have been exposed, instead of 'throwing in the towel'you choose a seemingly destructive path,'to add to the inspired scriptures' now just see the consequencies below;

hear yourself below, you started quoting 'out of context'by splitting the scriptures,choosing a,and rejecting b.
note that 'all scripture' are 'God breathed'and inspired,and not 'part scriptures'.

to expose your lies,
i will do that in 2 quick ways,
1,using hebrew dictionary,but im not relying wholy on that,but the same bible verse that you used has rxposed you.
2,using 1 Corinthians 13:2,3.
now,

1,using hebrew dictionary first;

1Cor 13:1 ThoughG1437 I speakG2980 with the tonguesG3588 G1100 of menG3588 G444 andG2532 of angels,G3588 G32 andG1161 haveG2192 notG3361 charity,G26 I am becomeG1096 [as] soundingG2278 brass,G5475 orG2228 a tinklingG214 cymbal.G2950

G1437

ἐάν

ean

eh-an'

From G1487 and G302 ; a conditional particle;
in case {that} { provided } etc.; often used in connection with other particles to denote indefiniteness or uncertainty : - {before} {but} {except} (and) {if} (if) {so} ({what-} whither-) {soever} {though} when ({-soever}) whether ({or}) to {whom} [who-] so (-ever). See G3361 .

'G1437[size=14pt]'used for (though) also means (if)[/size]
'though' here denotes a 'conditional particle'often used in connection with other particles to denote indefiniteness or uncertainty.
thats what i will show you in (2)below;

1 Corinthians 13:2,3.

2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and [size=14pt]though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains[/size], and have not charity, I am nothing.
bolded word,did paul actually 'move a moutain really'?wait dont answer yet,try your logic on the next;

3And [size=14pt]though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[/size] and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

did he actually 'bestow all my goods to feed the poor' 'I give my body to be burned'literally?

but then,both assertions made by paul in both verses rests on 'sub ordinate' clause which he seek to emphasise
' [size=16pt]and have not charity[/size], it[size=16pt] profiteth me nothing[/size]'.
so,there is no shame in accepting your fault here,
fruit of spirit does not include 'speaking in tongues' please,my brother,its simple as that,people on this page saw that error,we are all learning,but must be humble to accept the truth,that is strenght in itself,and that is why i loved being a christian,truth are not hidden from the bible except those who seek to use what i can term as 'dead technicalities' according to philosophies but not according to christ.
cheers.
[/b]

LOOKS LIKE A T.K.O!
Re: Must They Always Shout In Tongues Without Interpretation? by chiteny(m): 2:37am On Mar 25, 2012
what is a T. K. O.? cheesy
Re: Must They Always Shout In Tongues Without Interpretation? by vb0mb(m): 9:48am On Mar 25, 2012
1Cor 14:27-28
Re: Must They Always Shout In Tongues Without Interpretation? by chiteny(m): 8:19pm On Apr 10, 2012
vb0mb: 1Cor 14:27-28

Is that what a T.K.O. is? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Church Of Amadioha / Is It Scriptural That Man Can Only Live For 70years? / Christ Is Not Under Attack, Christianity Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.