Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,011 members, 7,863,669 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:59 PM

Let's talk about the Great White Throne Judgement - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's talk about the Great White Throne Judgement (1401 Views)

Let's Talk About Love. / Let's Talk About Sex (by Pastor E. A. Adeboye) / World Ends On Saturday? ('Judgement Day May 21') (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's talk about the Great White Throne Judgement by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 17, 2012
11 Καὶ εἶδον θρόνον μέγαν λευκὸν καὶ τὸν καθήμενον ἐπ᾽ αὐτόν, οὗ ἀπὸ τοῦ προσώπου ἔφυγεν ἡ γῆ καὶ ὁ οὐρανὸς καὶ τόπος οὐχ εὑρέθη αὐτοῖς. 12 καὶ εἶδον τοὺς νεκρούς, τοὺς μεγάλους καὶ τοὺς μικρούς, ἑστῶτας ἐνώπιον τοῦ θρόνου. καὶ βιβλία ἠνοίχθησαν, καὶ ἄλλο βιβλίον ἠνοίχθη, ὅ ἐστιν τῆς ζωῆς, καὶ ἐκρίθησαν οἱ νεκροὶ ἐκ τῶν γεγραμμένων ἐν τοῖς βιβλίοις κατὰ τὰ ἔργα αὐτῶν. 13 καὶ ἔδωκεν ἡ θάλασσα τοὺς νεκροὺς τοὺς ἐν αὐτῇ καὶ ὁ θάνατος καὶ ὁ ᾅδης ἔδωκαν τοὺς νεκροὺς τοὺς ἐν αὐτοῖς, καὶ ἐκρίθησαν ἕκαστος κατὰ τὰ ἔργα αὐτῶν. 14 καὶ ὁ θάνατος καὶ ὁ ᾅδης ἐβλήθησαν εἰς τὴν λίμνην τοῦ πυρός. οὗτος ὁ θάνατος ὁ δεύτερός ἐστιν, ἡ λίμνη τοῦ πυρός. 15 καὶ εἴ τις οὐχ εὑρέθη ἐν τῇ βίβλῳ τῆς ζωῆς γεγραμμένος, ἐβλήθη εἰς τὴν λίμνην τοῦ πυρός. (Revelation 20:11-15 NA27)

11 And I saw a great white throne and the one sitting on it. From his presence fled the earth and heaven, and a place was not found for them. 12[u] And I saw the dead, the great and the small, having taken their stand before the throne, and books were opened.[/u] And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged by the things written in the books according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead in it and Death and Hades gave up the dead in them and they were judged each one according their works. 14 And Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the Second Death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone was not found having been written in the Book of Life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20:11-15 Possessing the Treasure New Testament V1)

In Revelation 2:11 in his message to the Church at Smyrna, our Lord Jesus said, “Ὁ ἔχων οὖς ἀκουσάτω τί τὸ πνεῦμα λέγει ταῖς ἐκκλησίαις. Ὁ νικῶν οὐ μὴ ἀδικηθῇ ἐκ τοῦ θανάτου τοῦ δευτέρου.” Or, “The one having ears let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The one overcoming will never be hurt by the second death.” What is described in Revelation 20:11-15 is the judgment of those going into “the second death.” These are people who have already lived their physical, temporal lives on earth and have died physically, but now they stand before the great white throne to receive the judgment of God.

God’s wrath against sin is real. Judgement is real and the second death awaits all who are not in Christ. We all know people who are in that danger. Are we praying for them daily? Are we witnessing to them when we can? What about all those people all around us who are lost in their trespasses and sins? Our Lord builds his church. We do not do that. Our part is to obey him by making disciples from the people around us wherever he has us.

Time is short.
Re: Let's talk about the Great White Throne Judgement by crossman9(m): 7:09pm On Feb 17, 2012
how are you could you come on msn with me to talk i need to ask you questions frosbel
expossing_christ.embassy@hotmail.co.uk

crossman2012
Re: Let's talk about the Great White Throne Judgement by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 17, 2012
my msn id created for this purpose is b3headed@hotmail.com

Cannnot provide my Skype ID, I am sorry cheesy
Re: Let's talk about the Great White Throne Judgement by crossman9(m): 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2012
your mail address did not work email me then i will know if it works

Re: Let's talk about the Great White Throne Judgement by wesley80(m): 9:05pm On Feb 17, 2012
Don't you too make a pair? Frosbel and Crossman what a tag team you guys would make!
Re: Let's talk about the Great White Throne Judgement by yemisolar(m): 7:12pm On Feb 18, 2012
for some of us who are always scared whenever we hear of judgements especially in the book of revelation, let me take a few lines to give my 2cents in explaining further what frosbel has posted.

The rapture will take place anytime from now in which the believers(both living and dead) will be taken to meet jesus in the air. (1tess 4:13-18)

After this will commence the great tribulation which will be two halves of 31/2years. This makes a total of 7years. During this time, the believers in heaven will be judged and will recieve their rewards (1cor13;13-15).

After the great tribulation, we will have the millennial reign in which the believers will rule with christ on earth for 1000years. It will be a time of peace as the devil will be thrown into the bottomless pit through out this time (rev20:3).

then comes the white throne judgement where all the sinners will be judged. The believers will only be spectators here having being judged in heaven during the tribulation. The people are judged according to their works because they didnt believe in christ and their works is all they have. Of course their works will not be enough hence their sentence.

they do not have any advocate for them so the with throne judgement is essentially a time that God will sentence the unbelieving makind into eternal perdition which is also known as the second death.

It is our duty as believers not only to do right but also pray for sinners.

(1) (Reply)

Christians Are Responsible For Jos Cocin Church Bombing / BLW Theme 2014 - My Year Of Greatness / Does God Know The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.