Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (12706 Views)

“it Is An Insult To Label Fulanis As Criminals” -northern Governors / "Appointment is not made for 5% Constituents" Buhari tells SE/SS / Obasanjo: It’s An Insult To Question Buhari’s Credentials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Beaf: 10:57pm On Feb 17, 2012
I wonder why ACN is acting with so much pain? E be like Ribadu get some of dia secret.
Also, I wonder why some are being illogical enough to demand that ACN be consulted when one of its members is called to serve the FG. Surely it is the party member who should communicate 3rd party advances to his bosses. If that hasn't happened, it surely is due to a failing within ACN. No?
Its not like PDP siezed inanimate objects (eg chairs) that are the property of ACN, rather Nuhu Ribadu is an adult human with democratic freedoms and human rights, he decides where he wants to be and who he wishes to talk to or associate with.

Tinubu is talking like he owns Ribadu as one owns a chair or cup. It sounds so primitive and slave master like.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Niseamaka(m): 11:30pm On Feb 17, 2012
Eko Ile:

Serving your country and taking your turn to be part of the rot and decay are two different things,

They did not appoint him to serve you, he's their to help clean PDP's dirty image that he himself can not do.

In what way is he serving you? Can you explain to us the nature of his job and how it = Serving Nigeria.

If PDP really care about you and Nigeria, they'll give him a position that goes with his skills, experience and qualifications. 

The man was a police and a crime fighter with gun, badge and law enforcement power to put bad people in jail, not a worthless and powerless shopkeeper.

The petroleum sector is the bedrock of Nigeria`s economy and it is in total decay. If that sector could be sanitised, a significant percentage of our economic problems will vanish. You are clearly underestimating the magnitude of the problems in that sector by belittling that appointment. That position, in my own opinion, is more important than being at the helm of affairs in EFCC. EFCC merely puts criminals behind bars but Ribadu can help solve Nigeria`s economic problems if he succeeds in his new role.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by erad(m): 2:55am On Feb 18, 2012
Beaf:

I wonder why ACN is acting with so much pain? E be like Ribadu get some of dia secret.
Also, I wonder why some are being illogical enough to demand that ACN be consulted when one of its members is called to serve the FG. Surely it is the party member who should communicate 3rd party advances to his bosses. If that hasn't happened, it surely is due to a failing within ACN. No?
Its not like PDP siezed inanimate objects (eg chairs) that are the property of ACN, rather Nuhu Ribadu is an adult human with democratic freedoms and human rights, he decides where he wants to be and who he wishes to talk to or associate with.

Tinubu is talking like he owns Ribadu as one owns a chair or cup. It sounds so primitive and slave master like.
the decay in the nation has actually aided decay in the average Nigerian's mental capacity. political courtesy demands any party be notified before its members are 'borrowed' by an opposition party in power. its not like ACN has any authority to refuse or accept the offer, its just simple courtesy, By the way, Ribadu stil holding an ACN membership card makes him the political property of ACN and he can actually exhibit his full democratic freedom by defecting to PDP before taking up the appointment or not belonging to any political party at all, its common sense, not being a Tinubu fan or a pro-PDP doesn't mean what he's saying has to be wrong. i'm ACN but anti-Tinubu, doesn't mean i should negate him even when what he's saying is just common sense. The man is a selfish old power-freak who preaches fair democracy and doesn't practice it, he imposes candidates on his party rather than conduct a free and fair primary elections, thats just so not it.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by POTUT(m): 3:03am On Feb 18, 2012
Did Tinubu write to PDP to inform them he was poaching the erstwhile EFCC chairman to run on their platform for president?

Need I say it again, that political parties in Nigeria are based on nothing more than hocus pocus and hallucinations?
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 3:11am On Feb 18, 2012

Omo_Tier1 (m)

I thought you live in a democratic society and by extension, you have imbibed democratic values into your person. However your comment seems to prove otherwise!
As a member of the ACN and ex-presidential flag bearer in the last election, Ribadu, if truly is a democrat, ought to notify His Political Party of any offer of appointment/participation in governance by the party in power. This does not stop Him from going ahead to serve in the government but all it does is put the party on notice that He is serving not as a member of the ACN  in GEJ's goverment, rather as a technocrat being called to serve in that capacity.

I am sorry but none of what you have above would make sense outside of your mind there. I am assuming the above is a desperate attempt on your part to provide a reason for the silly statement made by Tinubu.

a) Nothing of a democracy mandates that a CITIZEN of a country get PERMISSION first from his party members before deciding whether or not to accept a call to serve.

b) Democracy gives you the right to make the decision as you choose.

c) Ribadu WAS a presidential-candidate in an election where he lost. And that is that. However, he is a human being after that and has taken up various positions after that. I don't think he had to ask Tinubu or ACN's permission before taking on his last assignment and I certainly do not see any meaning in insinuating now that he ought to have.

d) Democracy is NOT to chain one. Belonging to one party or another does not then make you a PROPERTY of said party. This is why people are free to jump ship, especially in Nigeria, whether they want to. Please learn to separate your personal delusions from reality.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by EkoIle1: 3:55am On Feb 18, 2012
Niseamaka:

The petroleum sector is the bedrock of Nigeria`s economy and it is in total decay. If that sector could be sanitised, a significant percentage of our economic problems will vanish. You are clearly underestimating the magnitude of the problems in that sector by belittling that appointment. That position, in my own opinion, is more important than being at the helm of affairs in EFCC. EFCC merely puts criminals behind bars but Ribadu can help solve Nigeria`s economic problems if he succeeds in his new role.

You do sound very naive.

What they asked Ribadu to do is to baby sit one the many government agencies in the oil sector, he has zero clue about what is going on in all the other sectors and agencies, even if he has, he can not do anything simply because he has no power or authority to do anything but just sit down and look.

And if push comes to shove, he'll cry to GEJ who has no power to do anything talk less go after anybody especially his crooked entrenched benefactors and party members in the same oil sector.

The fact that GEJ asked Ribadu to give his corrupt administration a fake clean look means nothing, he didn't have to appoint Ribadu to do anything, he has the power and authority to clean the oil sector himself, even with all the duplicating agencies doing the same thing, they are all fleecing your money left and right on top of the huge money you are paying them to loot your money while GEJ look the other way.

Why do we have a petroleum minister and petroleum ministry?  The Petroleum minister and her ministry can not sanitize the petroleum industry.

What his her job and what are we paying her for and why do we have a petroleum ministry?

Why do we have the NNPC?

Why do we have the (PEF)?

Why do we have the PPPRA?

Why do we have the (PTDF)?

Ribadu is nothing but another window dressing just like the ones listed above. They will use him, rubbish him and dump him.

At the end of the day, GEJ is the boss and the same same incompetent Boss with little or no capacity to do anything about corruption in Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Niseamaka(m): 10:24am On Feb 18, 2012
Eko Ile:

You do sound very naive.

What they asked Ribadu to do is to baby sit one the many government agencies in the oil sector, he has zero clue about what is going on in all the other sectors and agencies, even if he has, he can not do anything simply because he has no power or authority to do anything but just sit down and look.

And if push comes to shove, he'll cry to GEJ who has no power to do anything talk less go after anybody especially his crooked entrenched benefactors and party members in the same oil sector.

The fact that GEJ asked Ribadu to give his corrupt administration a fake clean look means nothing, he didn't have to appoint Ribadu to do anything, he has the power and authority to clean the oil sector himself, even with all the duplicating agencies doing the same thing, they are all fleecing your money left and right on top of the huge money you are paying them to loot your money while GEJ look the other way.

Why do we have a petroleum minister and petroleum ministry?  The Petroleum minister and her ministry can not sanitize the petroleum industry.

What his her job and what are we paying her for and why do we have a petroleum ministry?

Why do we have the NNPC?

Ribadu is nothing but another window dressing just like the ones listed above. They will use him, rubbish him and dump him.

At the end of the day, GEJ is the boss and the same same incompetent Boss with little or no capacity to do anything about corruption in Nigeria.

The problem with you is that pessimism have eaten very deep into your mental state to the extent that you view virtually every step forward from a negative perspective. The difference between both of us is that i still harbour a glimmer of hope for Nigeria and that i cannot criticise someone before the commencement of an assignment, i will do that after the assignment, based on the person`s performance. Ribadu`s mission is merely investigative, to unearth the facts about the monumental rot in that sector and make recommendations to the president for implementation. Fact finding teams are periodically set up in almost every democracy in the world. Because the findings of such missions have been swept under the carpet in the past in Nigeria dosent mean we have to be overly pessimistic about every little step towards positive change, condemning everyone and everything.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by ridgeman: 12:10pm On Feb 18, 2012
If Ribadu is successful in this position then everyone wins(including the man on the street) if he isn't then only Ribadu will have himself to blame. We are watching!
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by houvest: 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2012
Very funny.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by EkoIle1: 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2012
Niseamaka:

The problem with you is that pessimism have eaten very deep into your mental state to the extent that you view virtually every step forward from a negative perspective. The difference between both of us is that i still harbour a glimmer of hope for Nigeria and that i cannot criticise someone before the commencement of an assignment, i will do that after the assignment, based on the person`s performance. Ribadu`s mission is merely investigative, to unearth the facts about the monumental rot in that sector and make recommendations to the president for implementation. Fact finding teams are periodically set up in almost every democracy in the world. Because the findings of such missions have been swept under the carpet in the past in Nigeria dosent mean we have to be overly pessimistic about every little step towards positive change, condemning everyone and everything.

Like I said, you sound too naive and if I might add, you also sound too hopelessly clueless.

You didn't answer the questions I asked you because you know this is nothing but BS.

Stop somparing Nigeria with democracies all over the world because they don't create multiple parastattals to duplicate responsibilities and at the same time wasting resources on a full ministry and a minister who's job it is to look after the oil sector.

Very soon, they'll create another parastatal on top of RIBADU to duplicate what he's doing. This is wastage and incompetence.

Again

Why do we have a petroleum minister and petroleum ministry? The Petroleum minister and her ministry can not sanitize the petroleum industry.

Why do we have the NNPC?

Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Niseamaka(m): 4:51pm On Feb 18, 2012
Eko Ile:

Like I said, you sound too naive and if I might add, you also sound too hopelessly clueless.

You didn't answer the questions I asked you because you know this is nothing but BS.

Stop somparing Nigeria with democracies all over the world because they  don't create multiple parastattals to duplicate responsibilities and at the same time wasting resources on a full ministry and a minister who's job it is to look after the oil sector.

Very soon, they'll create another parastatal on top of RIBADU to duplicate what he's doing. This is wastage and incompetence.   

Again

Why do we have a petroleum minister and petroleum ministry?  The Petroleum minister and her ministry can not sanitize the petroleum industry.

Why do we have the NNPC?

Mr clues, nothing will ever change if we take perennial armchair critics like you serious. The answer to your question is very simple: Because things have been going downhill for ages in Nigeria does not mean we have to fold our arms and do absolutely nothing. Because previous commissions of inquiry failed or that their findings were swept under the carpet does not mean that we have to give up hope about the future. BTW, i agree with you about the decay and the corruption in our country but where do we go from here: criticise, condemn, give up hope, do nothing. Certainly not, every effort geared towards finding solutions to our problems should at least be given a chance to succeed, not pulled down before they even start just because people like are focussed on our past failures. Nigeria is "bleeding profusely", every step towards eldorado, irrespective of how minute that step may be should not be rubbished by very "intelligent" and "educated" fellas like you whose brain is overflowing with "clues" and "ideas".
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by marvel4ben: 5:30pm On Feb 18, 2012
What does this stupid man called Tinubu wants to turn himself too in this country?anyway I cant blame him but to blame the toothless dog called himself jonathan.for the fact that Ribadu run on the platform of ACN as the president, does it mean Thief Tinubu should now be dictacting for him what to do and not to do?the question he should answer is that does Jonathan appoint ribadu based on political party?Please let me become nigeria president in 2015 and see if the thief will not run into exile for life
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by TenKobo1: 8:52pm On Feb 18, 2012
The same Tinubu that sold ACN presidential votes to the PDP without consulting Ribadu, wonder shall never end with this rascal.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by EkoIle1: 11:42pm On Feb 18, 2012
Niseamaka:

Mr clues, nothing will ever change if we take perennial armchair critics like you serious.
The answer to your question is very simple: Because things have been going downhill for ages in Nigeria does not mean we have to fold our arms and do absolutely nothing. Because previous commissions of inquiry failed or that their findings were swept under the carpet does not mean that we have to give up hope about the future. BTW, i agree with you about the decay and the corruption in our country but where do we go from here: criticise, condemn, give up hope, do nothing. Certainly not, every effort geared towards finding solutions to our problems should at least be given a chance to succeed, not pulled down before they even start just because people like are focussed on our past failures. Nigeria is "bleeding profusely", every step towards eldorado, irrespective of how minute that step may be should not be rubbished by very "intelligent" and "educated" fellas like you whose brain is overflowing with "clues" and "ideas".

Nothing will ever change if the people running the country and naive people like you keep nursing the same failed ideas that wasting the country's resources and manpower by creating worthless and needless agencies to keep duplicating themselves with zero benefits to Nigerians.

Where is the sense in creating layers after layers of agencies to do what one ministry should be able do?

You are part of the same head in the sand and failed system that keeps failing Nigerians.

You keep talking about your past, but don't you have to learn from your past just to prevent making the same mistakes?

How do you even learn from your past if the same past is what you keep repeating day after day with no result but failure?
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by toorich: 12:12am On Feb 19, 2012
Brilliant reactions from nairalanders, we are well informed. If chief Tinubu choose not to be constructive at this critical point of our history then he should take his bed and sleep, he's long past retirement age, with all due respect
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by erad(m): 9:38am On Feb 19, 2012
Ten Kobo:

The same Tinubu that sold ACN presidential votes to the PDP without consulting Ribadu, wonder shall never end with this rascal.
This is the silliest comment i've read so far, hw did Tinubu sell votes? did he vote on behalf of all ACN members or what? if u wanna criticise someone, criticise constructively and not some rubbish statements made out of mere instinctive hatred for the person. even a baby then knew Jonathan won fair and square. with the popularity he amassed then, he could have defected to 'Fresh party' and stil won the election conveniently. Pls try looking for more reasonable accusations to make.
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by eedriyz(m): 7:58am On Feb 20, 2012
U guys re taking this thing too seriously. Nigerian politics is a game of the crazy. STAY CLEAR! If them like make them give OBJ appointment, na them sabi
Re: Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu by Kobojunkie: 1:33pm On Feb 20, 2012
erad:

This is the silliest comment i've read so far,  hw did Tinubu sell votes? did he vote on behalf of all ACN members or what? if u wanna criticise someone, criticise constructively and not some rubbish statements made out of mere instinctive hatred for the person. even a baby then knew Jonathan won fair and square. with the popularity he amassed then, he could have defected to 'Fresh party' and stil won the election conveniently. Pls try looking for more reasonable accusations to make.

Given the penchant of Nigerians to vote for the ones CHOSEN for them by their so-called Leaders, it is not far-fetched to believe that Tinubu did encourage people at the polls to vote ACN at the state level and PDP at the presidential level.
There were reports of this coming in on election day of this happening in many parts of the west. And I believe there is likely some truth to it given the events of the days that preceded the election, and the fact that many voters from different blocks and states pretty much confirmed reports of the very same at different polling stations in south western states . . . . ACN characters urging them to vote for Jonathan(i.e PDP) even as they voted ACN at the governorship level.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again / PHCN Workers Celebrate Barth-Nnaji's Departure / Man Electrocuted To Death In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.