Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa (5363 Views)

New And Profitable Job For Bloggers And All Internet Users In Nigeria Here -FREE / Need To Let Internet Users Connect To My Wampserver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by EFCC1(m): 7:02pm On Feb 17, 2012
Nigerians became the top internet users in Africa as their number reached 45 million, according to the Internet World Stats web site.

The latest updates were made in December, 2011, and statistics suggested that Egypt comes second at 21.7 million internet users, followed by Morocco which recorded 15.7 million. According to the global web site, African internet users represent nearly six per cent of world users, who amount to 140 million.

source for Thomas n Thomases
http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/3/12/34774/Business/Economy/Nigerians-are-the-top-internet-users-in-Africa,-Eg.aspx
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by calid16: 5:05am On Feb 19, 2012
This is impressive, who will take credit for this ; government, telecoms or Nairaland ?
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by onila(f): 5:33am On Feb 19, 2012
nairaland grin
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by OAM4J: 5:39am On Feb 19, 2012
calid16:

This is impressive, who will take credit for this ; government, telecoms or Nairaland ?

GEJ - The man that brought facebook to Nigeria, according to one of his ministers  cheesy

But seriously the credit should go to the developments of smartphones and our telecommunication companies.
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by Lasinoh: 5:55am On Feb 19, 2012
No wonder the classrooms are empty.
Phocking dunces!!! grin
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by ektbear: 7:07am On Feb 19, 2012
lol if the gap between #1 and #2 is 20 million+, then it must have some time ago, not recently
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by Yeske2(m): 10:18am On Feb 19, 2012
@OP, stale news.
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by ogbongzky(m): 10:39am On Feb 19, 2012
Will now have to be targeting Egypt and Morocco in my ads for traffic grin
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by vicade(m): 10:48am On Feb 19, 2012
Numbers can be funny.users should be judged relative to population. If 45 million nigerians use the internet. That means 122 million don't use the internet-which I also believe has to be the highest in africa. Numbers
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by chreldb(m): 10:55am On Feb 19, 2012
vicade:

Numbers can be funny.users should be judged relative to population. If 45 million nigerians use the internet. That means 122 million don't use the internet-which I also believe has to be the highest in africa. Numbers

you beat me to it, true talk. Nigeria has the highest population in Africa so there really isn't any big deal. Not suprised
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by eghost247(m): 10:56am On Feb 19, 2012
not suprised
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by babaowo: 11:04am On Feb 19, 2012
but its too expensive in naija and poor services.
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by reloboy(m): 11:08am On Feb 19, 2012
[color=yellow]Not impressive, I was expecting more besides I don't think this is true because there are over 50 million student in Nigeria and 90% of them uses the internet nt even mentioning other sectors so this is fake[/yellow] grin grin
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by ortopazz(m): 11:12am On Feb 19, 2012
I mean almst 70 to 75.mili naijirians av got phnes wat do they do wiv it? Its small abeg!

Or al thz fat-slim headt gurls wiv pink b.b'z dnt knw that internet exists? Av seen a couple of gurls wiv dm, al they do, is admire the make, what a sham
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by ortopazz(m): 11:15am On Feb 19, 2012
Abi 2 expensv joor, itz like ur feeding ur gadgets, buh d reverse is d case, the more u subscribe the more the gadgets depriciate and the more internet service providaz get rich, what a planet!
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 19, 2012
Hey there was no mention of South Africa. Dat survey was manufactured by Boko Haram
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by bonetalk(m): 9:19pm On Feb 19, 2012
Whatz benefit has it brought to the country Students no longer have time to read again
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by OSFarinde(m): 10:04pm On Feb 19, 2012
GBENGA_bonetalk:

Whatz benefit has it brought to the country Students no longer have time to read again

Mr MeatTalk , wettin concern you say students no longer have the time to read again ,
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by toluxa1(m): 11:35pm On Feb 19, 2012
vicade:

chreld_b:

you beat me to it, true talk. Nigeria has the highest population in Africa so there really isn't any big deal. Not suprised

You both are wrong. Nigeria has a rough population of about 160 million people and 40 million of that is about 28%. Egypt has a population of about 81 million people and 21.7 million of that figure is about 26%. So you see, Nigeria still comes top wink
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by Ranoscky(m): 12:44am On Feb 20, 2012
Lorl @ lasinoh's comment. Hahaha. . . Thaz funny, man!
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by Emeka72(m): 1:48am On Feb 20, 2012
9gerians a are so internet oriented.
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by UyiIredia(m): 6:44am On Feb 20, 2012
Nice !
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by samyng(m): 8:34am On Feb 20, 2012
wow  shocked shocked shocked This is an opportunity foor IT companies and other internet entrepreneurs
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by DariusD(m): 8:36am On Feb 20, 2012
This is so encouraging cos it really show that we are more than a force to reckon with in the world of internet which indicates that in a matter of time, development awaits us eagerly,
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by success4(m): 8:50am On Feb 20, 2012
One of the real reason for mass failure in WAEC,NECO N GCE grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by Emeka72(m): 10:11am On Feb 20, 2012
I know that is where they would see 9gerians.
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by lonamy: 10:43am On Feb 20, 2012
No wonder why stuents are failing WAEC/GCE. They will tell their parent they want to go and register WAEC online and will never read for the exams. They will continue to YAB GEJ on Face Book.
LOL grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by EFCC1(m): 10:57am On Feb 20, 2012
lonamy:

No wonder why stuents are failing WAEC/GCE. They will tell their parent they want to go and register WAEC online and will never read for the exams. They will continue to YAB GEJ on Face Book.
LOL grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by Colleoni: 1:25pm On Feb 20, 2012
So which position does South Africa happen to take?
Re: Nigerians Became The Top Internet Users In Africa by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 20, 2012
Am suRe 9O% of the intErnet uSers in 9ja Are yahOO boyS, grin grin

(1) (Reply)

My Nairaland Frontpage "Mod" For SMF / Nigerian Targeted Website Or Global? Please Help. / What Is The Best Alternative Ad Fir Google Adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.