Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,828 members, 7,813,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. (12465 Views)

The Expensive Cars Asamoah Gyan And Adebayor Drove To Kumasi / Vincent Enyeama Considering his Retirement from International football / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by Maxymilliano(m): 7:32pm On Feb 18, 2012
Quitting the national team coz of abuse You should be thanking your stars for not loosing such crucial penalties playing for a country like Colombia.
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by emmydee(m): 8:12pm On Feb 18, 2012
Best news of the year.
After eliminating Africa at the world cup,
I simply signed out of this dude.
I wonder why he waited this long.
R.I.P Bros.
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by kokoA(m): 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2012
That guy is so full of himself. I wonder what makes him feel he is important sef undecided
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by TenKobo1: 8:34pm On Feb 18, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin Good thinking, Yaks should learn something here grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by denitro(m): 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2012
The beginning of the end for Ghana football,
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by Akwasi(m): 9:09pm On Feb 18, 2012
denitro:

The beginning of the end for Ghana football,

Very funny, Who told you Ghana is about Asamoah Gyan? Appiah, Essien, Kingston and the rest are no more but Ghana is still surviving.
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by denitro(m): 9:18pm On Feb 18, 2012
Akwasi:

Very funny, Who told you Ghana is about Asamoah Gyan? Appiah, Essien, Kingston and the rest are no more but Ghana is still surviving.

That is what some Nigerians thought about JJ okocha, kanu etc,
But I guess the result is showing,
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by kamuzu(m): 9:22pm On Feb 18, 2012
@ Akwasi, you are on point. that dude has done more harm than good to Ghanian football than any other player i can think of in recent times. Especially when hopes are hinged on precision delivery from a player of his caliber. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Let him pay more attention to his musical and dancing skills.

angry angry angry

Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by vanstanzy(m): 9:57pm On Feb 18, 2012
emmydee:

Best news of the year.
R.I.P Bros.
Guyz give gyan a chance. He isnt the only one to miss spot kicks.
Keep going on like this and u'll hive urselves hypertension. Football is only a game.
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by vanstanzy(m): 10:07pm On Feb 18, 2012
emmydee:

Best news of the year.
R.I.P Bros.
Guyz give gyan a chance. He isnt the only one to miss spot kicks.
Keep going on like this and u'll hive urselves hypertension. Football is only a game.
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by Harbb: 10:25pm On Feb 18, 2012
I feel it was too early for him to quit
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by success4(m): 10:29pm On Feb 18, 2012
So if this guy missed two penalty for his club, he will also resign? F.O.O.L.I.S.H.N.E.S.S angry
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by Limaoscar: 10:53pm On Feb 18, 2012
Ghana go call am back beg am. Penalty go happen for 2013. He will step up, score and from then on He becomes the good son , He goes on to wax one jaguda music about the issue , abi na rap dem say im dey do sef. Then ghanaians will queue up to buy and that's it. Another feather to his Mohican hair grin grin. tongue
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 18, 2012
Im not big into soccer, but everytime I saw this dude on TV there was just this arrogant attitude that I never liked. I used to explain it to everyone around me, but I guess because they could care less about the game I used to think they never "got" what I was trying to explain. Even in his interviews he just came off as cocky. By reading the comments on this post I'm glad I wasnt crazy because I was already beginning to question whether I wasnt being judgemental.
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by noiseless: 2:36am On Feb 19, 2012
Eih! Charlie why treating your brother this way? please don't behave like nigerians.
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by mcstan: 3:41am On Feb 19, 2012
Do you need a point of sale system? Contact, by sending an email to energesgroup@gmail.com with your location and details.
Energes Point of Sale Application is web-based and works on all platforms. It is highly useful for small and medium
businesses especially retail outlets, mall, supermarkets, bookstores, boutique and others.
Highly affordable and readily customizable. Free installation.
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by Nobody: 5:51am On Feb 19, 2012
Funkymallam:

No Nigerian player can retire like this.
Ask Yakubu and Osaze, even with all the insults grin grin cheesy

Yeah, Nigerians are used to insults. I could still remember when I came out of my mother's womb, the very first thing I saw was my father showing me "WAKA" sign.
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by schorlbone(m): 7:08am On Feb 19, 2012
c.fours:

He's into the music industry now abi?
He has released a single track featuring Awilo, oh I forgot the title grin
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by ortopazz(m): 8:49am On Feb 19, 2012
I tot as much, him dance na im kayode copy 4rm am, I totally support hz retirement, luk at hz choices, choosing money over passion, that is Al.AIN 4Rm sundaland, nw im wan come do 4ming 4 me, 4 nations, am nt pitying him one beat.
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by ortopazz(m): 8:55am On Feb 19, 2012
I knew he was going 2 F.orkk up, imagine when he said he has ghanas number.1 becos he has always been prolific! I knew he was going 2 destroy himslf!

Imagine hz posture b4 d penalty, he had started running b4 reality dawned! Atleast d game isn't 4 dancerz wiv pride, rather dancerz wiv prolifik feet(adebayor) of Tottenham.

As 4 osaze and yaks, those guys r being there n doing well, atlist I knw they dnt open their gutterz like gyan, they knw their cun3 na!
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by cfours: 10:48am On Feb 19, 2012
Maybe this is why they were abusing him. Nice music though.

[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87MSNRfDKEQ[/flash]
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by gfus: 11:12am On Feb 19, 2012
I'm tired of folks who can not even make it to their neighborhood football team hauling insults on a poor dude who's made them proud many times over. Abegiiii
http://www.livenigeriapost.com/
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by deebayour(m): 9:16pm On Feb 19, 2012
After all he has been through, I think he needs the break, to go and get himself together, that young man loves his country, he has done enough for his country and should be encouraged
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by ifedun2: 9:27pm On Feb 19, 2012
Abeg wetin una say the boy do?Na him go first miss penalty?Then Drogba should be shot!I lyk d Gyang of a boy sha.I go just advise say as he wan focus on d side of d club now,he should make more tym for his musik career.
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by IYANGBALI: 10:41pm On Feb 19, 2012
rest in peace
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by y3mz1(f): 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2012
antartica:

As a Ghanaian,very shrewed guys, he probably had made enough cash to set himself up in good business in africa.

Enough cash to set up a good business if Africa? Lool
You obviously know nothing about him, why comment really?
He is the top scorer in the Middle-East for a team called Al-Ain
, he will never be on streets, he is not returning to music at the moment, and he may return to the national team in the future,
He's an amazing player, Ghanian football supports are very harsh and because of that he's focusing on putting his talent where it's appreciated
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by ekeroyal(m): 7:22am On Feb 20, 2012
let him go and never comeback. NonSENSE boy, dashing peoples hope when it matters most. In fact let him go and feast on shitz cheesy
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by Emeka72(m): 7:36am On Feb 20, 2012
The same Asamoh Gyan who missed the penalty that would have made his team the 1st African semi-finalist at d world cup; He still missed d penalty dat might have made them finalist at d African Nations cup.
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by Bolarge1(m): 10:28am On Feb 20, 2012
WHA OOO!

HE HAS LOST ANOTHER PENALTY.

Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by ideylaff: 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2012
The Emirati Dollars is finally getting to his brain,

The fans are only reacting as free citizens of Ghana, does not mean they will see him on the street and punch him

So he reacts like a baby to a situation like this.

What a way to fall 4rm the Ghanaians hands,

Too much money I'd say.

Ko jaaaa mehn / make him roll if he wan roll mehn,

Nobody big pass the country
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by Colleoni: 2:12pm On Feb 20, 2012
That pic is craizie, funny tho smiley
Re: Ghana Asamoah Gyan Retired From International Football 'indefinitely'. by Eddydove: 2:03am On Mar 14, 2012
Hey guys, I hope you are all well. It would be good to get some of your views on this article about Asamoah Gyan's legacy following his retirement. Any feedback appreciated. Best, Ed Dove
http://eddydove..com/2012/03/gyan-in-danger-of-legacy-lost.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poland Vs Nigeria: Super Eagles Boss Wants His Players To Perform Without Mikel / Caster Semenya Can Compete Again After Swiss Court Ruling / Eden Hazard Named Chelsea's Player Of The Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.