Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,553 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards (15553 Views)

Nigerian Law Graduate Makes History In The University Of Reading UK (Pictured) / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate / Best Nigerian Law Graduate (feb 2012 Call To Bar) died in a pool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by tanimola22: 12:15pm On Feb 20, 2012
afam4eva:

Unilag students were arguing a few days ago how they produce the brightest students in Nigeria simply because first class degrees were dashed to many of their students. At least now w know IMSU's 1st class is not a fluke because their student has proven it beyond the university walls.

The statements 'some of the brightest students' and 'the brightest students' are never the same thing. I was involved in that Unilag debate you are referring to. I did not read anything similar to your above claim, unless you are willing to show me, of which I will be happy to see.

T22
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by jmaine: 12:36pm On Feb 20, 2012
MAYOWAAK:

Whe are the students from OAU and UNILAG when this lady from a state university won all these awards.

And i thought you were quite intelligent . . .Now this is a very daft and silly statement to come up with. . .

afam4eva:

Unilag students were arguing a few days ago how they produce the brightest students in Nigeria simply because first class degrees were dashed to many of their students. At least now w know IMSU's 1st class is not a fluke because their student has proven it beyond the university walls.

You obsession with UNILAG feels like that of a guy who is sulking cos he wasn't qualified enough to grace the shores of UNILAG . . . .This thread is to appreciate the fact . . .that a genius has being recognized for her awesome talents and hard work and it came from an unlikely institution . . . .that goes to prove . . .that if the necessary funds are pumped into the education at all tiers . . . . More gems such as Ms Theodora shall be Unearthed . . . .

Congrats to Ms Theodora Elendu for being a shinning star . . . A bragging right to the IMSU students who have been receiving some stick from their peers grin . . . .
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by JahMan1: 12:38pm On Feb 20, 2012
I advise undergraduates on NL to join CASOR fellowship(Christ Amabassadors Students' Outreach). Elendu was/and is one of them.
I know that in UNN that fellowship produces atleast a 1st class every year.
They practice all-round excellent christianity there.
Make your investigations and refute or confirm my claims.
I learnt also that she worships with the Assemblies of God Church.

Long Live CASOR! The joyful family!
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by WhyAWhy(m): 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2012
Jah Man:

I advise undergraduates on NL to join CASOR fellowship(Christ Amabassadors Students' Outreach). Elendu was/and is one of them.

I thought you would say ALL every year
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by WhyAWhy(m): 12:52pm On Feb 20, 2012
Jah Man:

I thought you would say ALL every year then your invitation would make more sense.

Don't be deceived, christians(either you go to fellowship or not) muslims (either you go to mosque or not) and those who don't even believe in God excel outstandingly everywhere all the time
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by jmaine: 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2012
WhyAWhy:

I thought you would say ALL every year then your invitation would make more sense.

[size=14pt]Don't be deceived, christians(either you go to fellowship or not) muslims (either you go to mosque or not) and those who don't even believe in God excel outstandingly everywhere all the time[/size]

Correct . . . .
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by webmoneyfabian: 12:57pm On Feb 20, 2012
hi my name FABIAN AM A GUY INTRESTING IN U I LOVE UR STY CAN I BE UR FREIND ?
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by chamber2(m): 12:59pm On Feb 20, 2012
jmaine:

And i thought you were quite intelligent . . .Now this is a very daft and silly statement to come up with. . .

You obsession with UNILAG feels like that of a guy who is sulking cos he wasn't qualified enough to grace the shores of UNILAG . . . .This thread is to appreciate the fact . . .that a genius has being recognized for her awesome talents and hard work and it came from an unlikely institution . . . .that goes to prove . . .that if the necessary funds are pumped into the education at all tiers . . . . More gems such as Ms Theodora shall be Unearthed . . . .

Congrats to Ms Theodora Elendu for being a shinning star . . . A bragging right to the IMSU students who have been receiving some stick from their peers  grin . . . .

Your are right. But this is not actually the first time an IMSU law graduate is making a 1st at the law school. It's not really about UNILAG, OAU etc. No doubt, Unilag etc are great schools as far as 9ja is concerned but this lady's achievements has gone to prove that, given the right condition, a 9ja graduate can always stand his/her ground.
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by pato405(m): 1:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
can you imagine!!!

Anglican Girls grammar School !

A Public School.

where are the ones from fantastic and expensive secondary schools. i've come across so many first class products but it beats my imagination that they are all products of shanty public schools.
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by WhyAWhy(m): 1:27pm On Feb 20, 2012
^^^ wake up from your slumber!!!

If you go to a "dull" or "bright" school, is your "intelligence" sealed at that level for life?!!!

So many things happen to different individuals to shape us all up, c'mon that's no rocket science
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by pato405(m): 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2012
WhyAWhy:

^^^ wake up from your slumber!!!

If you go to a "dull" or "bright" school, is your "intelligence" sealed at that level for life?!!!

So many things happen to different individuals to shape us all up, c'mon that's no rocket science

sounds like ''Time'' and ''Chance''. grin grin grin. but one question for you; will you allow your child be tutored in a public school while hoping for ''so many things to happen'' and ''shape them up''

the stereotypical thinking is that private schools; particularly the ones with high tuition make better students. grin grin
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by WhyAWhy(m): 1:55pm On Feb 20, 2012
Remember I never said "hope", My point is we are all individually responsible for what happens to us at some stages in life. If you leave your life to "chance" you don enter one chance be that oh.

Secondary Education: Some people had "no option" and so had to be in public schools

Tertiary Education: Some people left federal universities and went to "private schools" in Nigeria because of the incessant strikes (got many friends like that).

The argument only becomes STEREOTYPICAL when we continually use it in intellectual discuss like this.

I have met graduates from almost all universities in nigeria (fed, state, mushroom and private) here in uk and some are so intellectually dwarfed that I often wonder, in the same vein, I have met other students also from same (fed, state, mushroom and private) here in uk that are so vast in what they know and have done or able to do (and now highly placed in good jobs) that I concluded that intellect no de look face and is not bound by anything. Your life is in your hand!
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by Onyenna(m): 2:47pm On Feb 20, 2012
Grrreeeaaaatteessst imo staaaarrssss!!!!. . . . . . Grrreeeaaaat!!!!! . . . . . Congrats Miss Elendu. . . . .You've really done us proud!!. . . . Proudly imo star!!. . .
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by MyJoe: 3:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
chamber2:

In fact, someone just informed me that she even made a 2.1 at IMSU but graduated as overall best at the law school. I don't know if this is true but i will contact her personally to verify that.

It happens that most people who made first class at faculty only make 2.1 at the law school and most who make first class at the law school only made 2.1 at faculty - state or federal. There have been very very few people made first class at both places.
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by sumgelem(m): 3:52pm On Feb 20, 2012
Thanks for making us proud. I love IMSU we always shine!
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by kizito96(m): 3:57pm On Feb 20, 2012
Congratulation
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by pato405(m): 4:16pm On Feb 20, 2012
WhyAWhy:

Remember I never said "hope", My point is we are all individually responsible for what happens to us at some stages in life. If you leave your life to "chance" you don enter one chance be that oh.

Secondary Education: Some people had "no option" and so had to be in public schools

Tertiary  Education: Some people left federal universities and went to "private schools"  in Nigeria because of the incessant strikes (got many friends like that).

The argument only becomes STEREOTYPICAL when we continually use it in intellectual discuss like this.

I have met graduates from almost all universities in nigeria (fed, state, mushroom and private) here in uk and some are so intellectually dwarfed that I often wonder,  in the same vein, I have met other students also from same  (fed, state, mushroom and private)  here in uk that are so vast in what they know and have done or able to do (and now highly placed in good jobs) that I concluded that intellect no de look face and is not bound by anything. Your life is in your hand!

I am happy you used the word ''some'' because more often than not, we can hardly control ''what happens''. however, while some are well equipped and fortified for the future, others are not. imagine bringing a child from the slums of Ajegunle grammar school to compete against one from academic cosiness of Jesuit Loyala college. grin grin grin grin grin, sounds more like putting the cat among the pigeons, but we see these almost everyday when platforms like these [WAEC, Universities, law school, e.t.c] are presented for students to flex academic muscles. it's can be likened to sending some people to the battle field well equipped with armours, shields, swords, heavy artileries, e.t.c while leaving another sect to fight with bare hands. there is [and will always be particularly in Nigeria] a yawning chasm in standards across colleges and academic institutions especially at the formative and crucial stages of academic life [primary and secondary schools]

I agree with you to a large extent on your theory of time and chance afterall, even the bible states it [Ecclesiastes 9:11]. in essence, it goes beyond having all the resources one can possibly crave for and putting them into judicious use with great sense of devotion and dedication.

I'm not surprised at all. I constantly get this sort of conviction that it goes beyond attending flamboyant schools. it lies in the individual. while some are willing and ready to make something out of NOTHING, others are busy making nothing out of EVERYTHING. I saw this happen in Medical school time and time again - that i constantly raise these questions as i saw students from highly extolled schools ''womble'' & ''fomble'' while those from ramshackle schools trounced them HEAVILY!

I'm also currently in the UK & I see this feat being repeated severally from Nigerian students.
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by Maurice45(m): 4:19pm On Feb 20, 2012
Pls lets appreciate diz great achievement
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by pato405(m): 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
the babe try abeg!
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by Maurice45(m): 4:21pm On Feb 20, 2012
She is exceptional, congrats Ms Theodora
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by okstol: 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2012
I love my lake Nwa-ebere. Imsu is something else. Reminiscing d good time oldies. Cd block, cafe, shrine, photo stand, etc. 1 love to ma Imo starz in d building. Imsu>no dull moment.
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by Ndkings1(m): 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2012
*Imo stars*
we r better than the best.
Congratulation my sister.
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by aljharem(m): 6:00pm On Feb 20, 2012
Very good

we are proud of you. May God keep blessing you my sister smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by chriswely: 6:54pm On Feb 20, 2012
ABU First class male law graduate bags 7 of the 14 awards. Best graduating law student award goes to Chibege Lawi. Why wasn't he well recognized.
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by tlops(m): 7:10pm On Feb 20, 2012
good one!
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by Roland17(m): 8:35pm On Feb 20, 2012
I am a proud Alumni of IMSU, Imo stars keep shinning, Nne you have made your self, your family and every Ibo family proud.
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by desertboom(m): 10:42pm On Feb 20, 2012
Hahahahaha. . . . . . I never knew that there were so many Imo stars here. We're keeping it real here on campus. Very very good news, I am earnestly encouraged.
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by sandysprax(m): 10:59pm On Feb 20, 2012
pato405:

I am happy you used the word ''some'' because more often than not, we can hardly control ''what happens''. however, while some are well equipped and fortified for the future, others are not. imagine bringing a child from the slums of Ajegunle grammar school to compete against one from academic cosiness of Jesuit Loyala college. grin grin grin grin grin, sounds more like putting the cat among the pigeons, but we see these almost everyday when platforms like these [WAEC, Universities, law school, e.t.c] are presented for students to flex academic muscles. it's can be likened to sending some people to the battle field well equipped with armours, shields, swords, heavy artileries, e.t.c while leaving another sect to fight with bare hands. there is [and will always be particularly in Nigeria] a yawning chasm in standards across colleges and academic institutions especially at the formative and crucial stages of academic life [primary and secondary schools]

I agree with you to a large extent on your theory of time and chance afterall, even the bible states it [Ecclesiastes 9:11]. in essence, it goes beyond having all the resources one can possibly crave for and putting them into judicious use with great sense of devotion and dedication.

I'm not surprised at all. I constantly get this sort of conviction that it goes beyond attending flamboyant schools. it lies in the individual. while some are willing and ready to make something out of NOTHING, others are busy making nothing out of EVERYTHING. I saw this happen in Medical school time and time again - that i constantly raise these questions as i saw students from highly extolled schools ''womble'' & ''fomble'' while those from ramshackle schools trounced them HEAVILY!

I'm also currently in the UK & I see this feat being repeated severally from Nigerian students.

Dude calm down now!Haba!! She won an award and not a spelling bee.Whats with all the grammar u are spewing here.See what Hon. Patrick Obiahagbon is doing to the country.
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by Lobolintin(m): 12:46am On Feb 21, 2012
Am proud of her
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by luvola(m): 1:32am On Feb 21, 2012
two lasu law students who made 2.1 and 2.2 respectively while in lasu also bag 1st class at the nigeria law sch last year oct and in which they represent nig in the moot court competition held last year dec, Kudos to this imsu babe. State univ students are indeed the best.
Re: Imsu First Class Female Law Graduate Bags Four Awards by HighChief4(m): 2:41am On Feb 21, 2012
Congrats Ada di ora mma

**Thou we beat IMSU those days in Basketball during NUGA games**

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: Husband Killed His Wife Because Of This Pix / When You Can't Answer A Question In A Lecture Class? / I Need Help With Getting Literature Texts For Jss1-3 Classes.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.