Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport (12699 Views)

Abubakar Sanni-Bello Bags Doctorate-Degree From IMSU (pics) / KASU Confers Buhari With Honorary Doctorate Degree (Photos) / Rotimi Amaechi Graduated With A Third Class From Uniport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by chamber2(m): 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2011
PORT HARCOURT- FIRST Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, is among five eminent Nigerians to be conferred with honorary doctorate degrees at this year’s convocation ceremony of the University of Port Harcourt.
Vice Chancellor of the University, Prof. Joseph Ajienka, who made this known, weekend, in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, said of the 8,221 graduands for the programme slated for June 18, 16 bagged first class honours, adding that the best graduating student, Miss Dietake Oke had a cumulative Grade Point Average of 4.68.
He added that one of the highlights of the convocation will be the launching of a N5bn endowment fund for accelerated development of physical infrastructure and capacity development of the institution.

http://newafricanpress.com/2011/06/13/patience-jonathan-bags-doctorate-degree-from-uniport/
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by EkoIle1: 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2011
Now she go dey put DR before her name and people go dey buy am till she open mouth and start sounding like illiterate and not like a DR.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by chamber2(m): 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2011
Nigeria universities are truly dead. People now buy Honorary doctorate degree, and the politicians seem to be the highest bidders. Wahala dey oo
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by Sunofgod(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2011
Probably a Doctorate in Inglishhh -  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Madam - Well done ohh. . . . . . .Dont worry, people will now stop mocking you.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by Rhino5dm: 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2011
I await her acceptance speech. Muhehe!
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by r231(m): 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by seanet02: 7:08pm On Jun 13, 2011
Am pery gateful por dc depre, it is a gate horror to be aworded a depre. Delicate dc aword to God hallmighty for the pingtory of my hutband in d perenial erection of 2011.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by enyojo(f): 7:27pm On Jun 13, 2011
[size=15pt]DAME (DR) PATIENCE JONATHAN[/size]

Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by enyojo(f): 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2011
Dame Pat

Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2011
This woman go good f,r touch ya toe style o, damn Jonah, u they enjoy no be small
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by enyojo(f): 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2011
^She is your FirstLady, so dont say such arrant nonsense
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by olawalebabs(m): 7:40pm On Jun 13, 2011
What a pity
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 13, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

"maximum armor"

the only way to get through dr dame p speech
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by jmaine: 7:57pm On Jun 13, 2011
She would be awarded at last for her thunderous speeches and swag . .  What a meritable recognition cheesy
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by tpia5: 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2011
@ topic

well, she certainly showed all the haters.
Lol
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 13, 2011
No comment.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by 190: 8:08pm On Jun 13, 2011
Who's damilola Patient Jonatan
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2011
Sign of end time.

the unfortunate are ruling !
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by kcjazz(m): 8:13pm On Jun 13, 2011
On this day, all PHD holders hide your credentials, you no longer impress me. From now without a Nobel Prize, I seize to respect you. Thanks! cheesy
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by MaiSuya(m): 8:24pm On Jun 13, 2011
na wa o!
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by Rhea(f): 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2011
[size=14pt]Honorary PhD. Is she not worthy of that? She is your First Lady, unless you have renounced your Nigerian citizenship. So bear it with dignity grin[/size]
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by adejoro76: 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2011
Buhahaha!!! Thank God for Iya Jonathan. What is good for Jonathan is good for Patience. Make I go confer doctorate to my grand ma too.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by ikoha: 8:26pm On Jun 13, 2011
Dr Patience Jonathan!  with this her cut-and-join motor park and phenominally never-heard-of or seen-before heavy igbotic grammer. chai!!
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by MMM2(m): 8:29pm On Jun 13, 2011
MONEY can do alot in 9ja.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2011
M M M:

MONEY can do alot in 9ja.

It won't cost her anything in as much as the VC is from her community.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by FlyboyZee: 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2011
chamber2:

Nigeria universities are truly dead. People now buy Honorary doctorate degree, and the politicians seem to be the highest bidders. Wahala dey oo

Politicians don't even need to buy the DR any longer. If for say Mrs. Jonathan buy am, She for value am small, try go learn some English to meet up at least. Now wey na dash dem dash ha, My brodas! when she don speak finish, she go come tell you say "Do you know I'm a Doctor" or still she go write her name finish come put PhD at the end, lyk say she sabi read or write. God save my Country!
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by Stonnydrey(m): 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2011
Oooshe Dr. Money Speaking Speaking, Any School E no mata mata, Sharap timba je demidemi, Den go gimme Dr Dr,
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by MBG4Real(m): 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2011
It is her luck.  After all she married GoodLuck. Many of our money mongers, are half educated, yet we worship them.

Many illiterates can speak well. She is literate, but unfortunately, she makes mistakes here and there.  We should accept her like that.  if she is our mother, we will still love her.

Shino Peters said it " English is not our language"  Some of us who claim to know all also makes mistake from time to time.

Like one over zealous friend of mine who wanted to comment about another's English, and he said

" See now, even simple English he can't spoke"
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2011
MBG4Real:

It is her luck.  After all she married GoodLuck. Many of our money mongers, are half educated, yet we worship them.

Many illiterates can speak well. She is literate, but unfortunately, she makes mistakes here and there.  We should accept her like that.  if she is our mother, will will still love her.

Shino Peters said it " English is not our language"  Some of us who clam to know all also makes mistake from time to time.

Like this over zealous friend of mine who wanted to comment about another's English, and he said

" See now, even simple English he can spoke"

Get well soon
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by Gaius67: 8:55pm On Jun 13, 2011
Hmm - on a lighter note, the late Hausa music maestro - Maman Shata was also a recipient of an honourary doctorate degree and his case was even much more severe as he was a complete illiterate.
While some argue about the academic 'know how' of the recipients, others say it is based on their contribution to societal issues at large and not necessarily on academic competence. Me think its ok for my first lady,  so long as she doesn't attend the ceremony in person cos if she does, she would have to deliver a speech which would result into something else.
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 13, 2011
@Donlittle,that was a very insane thing to have been said . shocked angry embarassed
Re: Patience Jonathan Bags Doctorate Degree From Uniport by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 13, 2011
190:

Who's damilola Patient Jonatan

Dont be crazy, my dear.

damiloloa ko daminiranu ni.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Violence Erupts In Lagos Island Again / Dr. Willy Obiano Will Win Landslide in 5 Days Time (Pictures) / Garba Shehu: Those Calling For Secession Are Nigeria’s Greatest Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.