Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,450 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos (21544 Views)

Fashanu To Build Sports Academy In Numatville Megacity, / Peter Okoye Sets Up A Football Management Agency / Pix From Kanu Nwankwos Football Academy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by victorazy(m): 8:55am On Feb 20, 2012
Premiership giant, Chelsea, is planning to open a multi-million Naira football academy in Lagos. The club's Nigerian representative, Noah Olivier and President Soccer Africa Sports Management, Dominic Egbukwu, disclosed to Daily Sunsports that the camp would be sited on Victoria Island, Lagos, and would serve as Chelsea's breeding ground for promising young Nigerian players.

Said he: “Nigeria, Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Cameroon and South Africa have been picked in Africa by Chelsea FC for its academy camp. My French partner, Olivier, and I have been mandated by Chelsea to take charge of the camp in Nigeria. Initially, they were scared of including Nigeria because of the Boko Haram issue, but we succeeded in convincing them that there was no cause for alarm in Lagos.

“We are expecting a 10-man Chelsea delegation from England any moment from now. They want to come and make inspection before giving us the go-ahead to throw the camp open. “It's going to be a big camp and it will admit about 500 youths between 15 and 18 years old. After screening which will hold at the National Stadium, Lagos, arrangements will be made for the feeder teams of the teams such as Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United and PSG to come for invitational tournaments. The outstanding players among the the trainees will be given an opportunity to join the Chelsea youth team in England, just like they picked Kenneth Omeruo.”

Meanwhile, Egbukwu has made a passionate appeal to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to flush out the bad eggs involved in transfer of Nigerian players abroad. “Most of the so-called FIFA-licenced agents are responsible for frustrating our players. I'm not a FIFA agent and I don't want to be because I discovered that most of them use their licences to deceive players, promise them heaven and earth and at the end of the day, they would tie them down with contract papers and stay on top of the deal for their own selfish interest.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2012/feb/20/sportsbreak-20-02-2012-001.html
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by eghost247(m): 7:50pm On Feb 20, 2012
Nice move
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by Gentleboby: 7:51pm On Feb 20, 2012
Hope green Nigeria colour will not turn to blue.

Is nice
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
Trust naija style, this will turn to highest bidder dad gets his kid selected
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by victorazy(m): 8:08pm On Feb 20, 2012
@ odiaero:
Trust naija style, this will turn to highest bidder dad gets his kid selected.

Bros nawa for u o!
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by oloto(m): 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
Nice move by chelsea. Keep it up. I hope corrupt people will not see this as another way to enrich themselves through unsuspecting footballer wannabes
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by TomFord: 8:33pm On Feb 20, 2012
15-18years?

14-25 more like it
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by Koikoi(m): 8:48pm On Feb 20, 2012
did they say VI? How? Where in VI? Maybe Atlantic City. Just thinking aloud sha
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by kbdrim(m): 8:51pm On Feb 20, 2012
why they no go brazil? who sabi play ball for naija again?
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by aglomar: 8:54pm On Feb 20, 2012
Great dev. I hope our govt won't make them run away like they did 2 Guiness n co.
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by Mpetempe(m): 8:56pm On Feb 20, 2012
Oh Is Awesome, When Is The Screening Exercise Starting.
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by victorazy(m): 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2012
@ kbdrim:

U c ur life? Look at way u talk u cockamamie
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by kbdrim(m): 9:28pm On Feb 20, 2012
victorazy:

@ kbdrim:

U c ur life? Look at way u talk u cockamamie
iDIOTA, NA QUESTION I ASK, WHO SABI PLAY BALL FOR NAIJA?, NOTHING WILL COME OUT OF IT, ALL NA JOB
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by julioralph(m): 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2012
smiley smiley nice move by chelsea fc.
pls when will arsene wenger, a.k.a 'baba ijebu' open his own academy in naija! lol  wink grin
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by chrysso83(m): 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2012
Go chelsea! go chelsea!! go chelsea!!! Blue is d colour.
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by humblebee: 9:59pm On Feb 20, 2012
Mpetempe:

Oh Is Awesome, When Is The Screening Exercise Starting.

u won go join after u don finish polytechnic, u won go form 18again abi, haba
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by Akwasi(m): 10:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
And Boko Haram nearly spoilt this wonderful plan
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by Nobody: 11:14pm On Feb 20, 2012
Use a blackberry? Add me on BBM. Pin:26BE3874, I'm male btw! English speaking persons only,
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by Akiika: 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2012
The players no go school? read the fine prints before you sign anything!
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by greall12(m): 11:29pm On Feb 20, 2012
i trust Niger they will turn it to padi padi now fooooooooooooooool human being.
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by Stevostical(m): 11:41pm On Feb 20, 2012
slimdamatrix:

Use a blackberry? Add me on BBM. Pin:26BE3874, I'm male btw! English speaking persons only,
what does dis mean.
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by jidesp(m): 1:27am On Feb 21, 2012
Pls cud u update this me when the camp is opened, thanks
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by freshcvv(m): 1:30am On Feb 21, 2012
Bad news, wake me up when Barca or Arsena decides to set up an academy in Nigeria.
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by youngdee168(m): 3:27am On Feb 21, 2012
Nice move, i tink i wuld giv dat a try wen d tym cums.
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by sebastinta(m): 5:12am On Feb 21, 2012
i think its time for me to b 15 all ova again grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by youngboss1(m): 7:10am On Feb 21, 2012
May it bring good fortunes to naija
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 21, 2012
this is good news
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by bulksms247(m): 8:14am On Feb 21, 2012
In every development, Boko Haram is always an issue. May GOD slaughter all Boko Haramites and their sponsors
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by Onyenna(m): 8:55am On Feb 21, 2012
youngbo$$:

May it bring good fortunes to naija

. . . . . . . . .AMEN!!!!. . . . .
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by ogbongzky(m): 9:46am On Feb 21, 2012
aglomar:

Great dev. I hope our govt won't make them run away like they did 2 Guiness n co.

Me too,
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by silibaba: 11:51am On Feb 21, 2012
who is chelsea. ?

need enlightenment lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Chelsea FC To Open A Football Academy In Lagos by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2012
It's a welcome development

(1) (2) (Reply)

PICTURES Of A Nairalander Skydiving!!! / Nigeria Beats South Africa 2-1 In All Africa Games Men's Football. / Cameroon FA Releases Statement Over Onana’s Suspension From Squad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.