Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,149 members, 7,953,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:33 PM

Bible Quiz - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Quiz (8795 Views)

Group Version Of Nairaland Bible Quiz-for Everyone,especially You / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Participate In The 1st National Bible Quiz Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 5:23pm On Feb 24, 2012
stepo707:

Make him answer am cheesy

Ok o. I know the answer but oga say make we leaf am for my brother image360. image360, you dey hear so? make you answer that Q60 now o. I wan comot go out now, if i come back and you neva answer Q60, you go chop kain o,lol. See you soon guys. Oh I 4got, I will be you with you guys on my fone. Takia
Re: Bible Quiz by Image123(m): 5:58pm On Feb 24, 2012
HeHeHeHe
60. Proverbs 30v6. I hope say i no miss am sha.
Re: Bible Quiz by Image123(m): 6:02pm On Feb 24, 2012
That goshen question na waec o, i think is 3 divisions sha. That is creation to eden,eden's fall to Christ's cross, Christ's cross to the end of the world?? i just say make i try ba.
Re: Bible Quiz by stepo707: 7:10pm On Feb 24, 2012
Image123:

HeHeHeHe
60. Proverbs 30v6. I hope say i no miss am sha.
Image123:

Bro you missed it.Try again
That goshen question na waec o, i think is 3 divisions sha. That is creation to eden,eden's fall to Christ's cross, Christ's cross to the end of the world?? i just say make i try ba.
Infact na jamb.I am thinking 3 as well but the supported verse in the bible is what i still cant figure out
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 9:18pm On Feb 24, 2012
stepo707:

Infact na jamb.I am thinking 3 as well but the supported verse in the bible is what i still cant figure out

Image123:

BOTH OF YOU ARE CORRECT. BUT IT'S IMAGE123 THAT GOT IT FIRST. I WILL COME UP WITH THE DETAILS SOON OR BEFORE WE CONTINUE ON MONDAY. I GUESS IT'S JUST THREE OF US ON THIS QUIZ TOPIC,LOL. ANYWAY, WE HOPE OTHER COME ALONG AS IT GETS BETTER HERE. I WILL BREAK IT DOWN WHEN I HAVE TIME BECAUSE IT'S MY BIBLE SCHOOL COURSE IT WAS EXTRACTED FROM.
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 9:25pm On Feb 24, 2012
stepo707:

Oh Sorry my mistake.
Q60. which portion of the old testament has the same meaning as Rev 22:18-19

Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you. Deuteronomy 4:2 (NIV)

See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it. Deuteronomy 12:32 (NIV)

CROSS REFERENCE

Revelation 22:18-19 (NIV)

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book.

And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 9:28pm On Feb 24, 2012
@ image123,

You try all BUT you need to come Bible school for USA here o.lol. Takia bro. I will breakdown the answers to my question you got it correctly. It is three (3) parts or division the bible is divided into in Context.
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 2:30am On Feb 26, 2012
Hebrews 1:1-5 (NIV)

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs. For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father"? Or again, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"?

In context, the bible is divided into three (3) different ages of time. Below are the divisions:

1. The Patriarch Age: Genesis to Exodus 19.

This age and period existed from Genesis to exodus 19, where the children of Israel was free from Egyptian slavery and the nation of Israel formed and then the Law was given to them. This Age and period is also known or called the pre-law age. During this time, God spoke to man through fathers or patriarchs  of each family and sometimes through angels in order to communicate God's will, testament or covenant.

A testament simply means, a will, contract, an agreement or a covenant which God established with/for man. The Old testament Laws were for people who lived before and during Christ. The new testament Laws of Christ are for all of us who came after the death of Christ. The cross divided the old and new testament. Therefore, the bible as it regards to old testament is not a set of book from Genesis to Malachi but rather Exodus 20 to Gospel of John in context.

2. The Israelites or Jewish Age. Exodus 20 - Death of Christ.

God in his covenant (testament) with the seed of Abraham could not establish His will or testament with the children of Israel when they are in bondage in Egypt. God had to first bring them out first to fulfill His covenant or agreement he made with Abraham. Exodus 20 accomplished that purpose and the nation of Israel was established. During this period, many things took place such as, the law was given, God appointed Prophets, Kings, Judges, etc hence we have books of the bible such as the prophets, kings, wisdom books etc. Christ was born under the law and lived under the law. During this time of Christ living under the law, Christ was also establishing the new law which will take effect after His death and will thereafter be called the new testament.

"So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples." John 13:34-35, NLT

3. The Christian Age. Acts of the Apostles to Revelation.

This is the third age and time. It is named after Christ. It is the last and final age. This is the age and times we are today and will continue till the return of Christ.

Biblically and speaking the truth, we do not have anything to do with the laws and pre-law EXCEPT for things such as faith, love and obedience as it is also found in the our new commandment/testament. 1 Cor. 10:11 says, These things happened to them (the Israelites) as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.

By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear. Heb 8:13,NIV

That first covenant between God and Israel had regulations for worship and a place of worship here on earth. Heb 9:1, NLT.

having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. Colossians 2:14, NIV.

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. Heb 9:15-17, NIV

and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch. Acts 11: 26, NIV

When he found him, he brought him back to Antioch. Both of them stayed there with the church for a full year, teaching large crowds of people. (It was at Antioch that the believers were first called Christians.) Acts 11:26 NLT

I hope you guys find this very useful. Thank you.
Re: Bible Quiz by Image123(m): 1:52pm On Feb 26, 2012
Gosh, Bible school! No wander, NO WONDER. So i managed to get one question by 'fluke', yay me!!!
See you guys tomarrow then.
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 2:30pm On Feb 26, 2012
Yea,I gat some advanced bible school courses. However, the letters kill but the Spirit gives life. We meet tomorrow brother. God bless you.
Re: Bible Quiz by stepo707: 10:06am On Feb 27, 2012
goshen360:

Hebrews 1:1-5 (NIV)

In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs. For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father"? Or again, "I will be his Father, and he will be my Son"?

In context, the bible is divided into three (3) different ages of time. Below are the divisions:

1. The Patriarch Age: Genesis to Exodus 19.

This age and period existed from Genesis to exodus 19, where the children of Israel was free from Egyptian slavery and the nation of Israel formed and then the Law was given to them. This Age and period is also known or called the pre-law age. During this time, God spoke to man through fathers or patriarchs  of each family and sometimes through angels in order to communicate God's will, testament or covenant.

A testament simply means, a will, contract, an agreement or a covenant which God established with/for man. The Old testament Laws were for people who lived before and during Christ. The new testament Laws of Christ are for all of us who came after the death of Christ. The cross divided the old and new testament. Therefore, the bible as it regards to old testament is not a set of book from Genesis to Malachi but rather Exodus 20 to Gospel of John in context.

2. The Israelites or Jewish Age. Exodus 20 - Death of Christ.

God in his covenant (testament) with the seed of Abraham could not establish His will or testament with the children of Israel when they are in bondage in Egypt. God had to first bring them out first to fulfill His covenant or agreement he made with Abraham. Exodus 20 accomplished that purpose and the nation of Israel was established. During this period, many things took place such as, the law was given, God appointed Prophets, Kings, Judges, etc hence we have books of the bible such as the prophets, kings, wisdom books etc. Christ was born under the law and lived under the law. During this time of Christ living under the law, Christ was also establishing the new law which will take effect after His death and will thereafter be called the new testament.

"So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples." John 13:34-35, NLT

3. The Christian Age. Acts of the Apostles to Revelation.

This is the third age and time. It is named after Christ. It is the last and final age. This is the age and times we are today and will continue till the return of Christ.

Biblically and speaking the truth, we do not have anything to do with the laws and pre-law EXCEPT for things such as faith, love and obedience as it is also found in the our new commandment/testament. 1 Cor. 10:11 says, These things happened to them (the Israelites) as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.

By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear. Heb 8:13,NIV

That first covenant between God and Israel had regulations for worship and a place of worship here on earth. Heb 9:1, NLT.

having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. Colossians 2:14, NIV.

For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant. In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. Heb 9:15-17, NIV

and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch. Acts 11: 26, NIV

When he found him, he brought him back to Antioch. Both of them stayed there with the church for a full year, teaching large crowds of people. (It was at Antioch that the believers were first called Christians.) Acts 11:26 NLT

I hope you guys find this very useful. Thank you.
Thank you bro for the insight.I didn't know this is what you meant by context.Now how many dispensation do we have starting from Adam till Christ?
Now to the quiz of the day
Q61.Where is zarephath located?
Q62. Whom did Elisha slay in his time?1kings19:17
Q63. what was the 4th miracle performed by Elijah?
Q64.How long did the priest of Baal call upon their God?
Q65. How many people had not bowed to baal during Elijah's time?
Q66. Haggith and Abital were the wives of?
Q67. shephatiah and Ithream were the children of?
Q68. What position did Benaiah occupy in Israel?
Q69. How many proverbs and songs did solomon write?
Q70. What is the theme of the Book of proverbs?
Q71. According to solomon,What are the 7things the lord despises?
Q72. Jeroboam,king of Israel was of the tribe of?
Q73. Who was Asa's grandmother?
Q74. What project did Asa undertake?
Q75. Who did Baaasha slay? 1kings15:28
Q76. Naaman was from what country/province?
Q77. Who was the husband of Athaliah?
Q78. Who was the father of Athaliah?
Q79.Who was the savior that delivered Israel from syria?
Q80. The capital of syria is?

Goodluck guys and dont forget to put reference where appropriate.
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 6:24pm On Feb 27, 2012
61. It is located in Sidon. 1 Kings 17:9

62. Anyone who escape the sword of Jehu.

63. Causing rain to come down from heaven, 1 kings 18: 41-45

64. They called on their god from morning till evening. I kings 18: 26 – 29

65. 7000 people. 1 Kings 19:18

66. David’s wives.

67. Children of David

68. Commander of the armies of Israel.

69. 3000 proverbs and 1005 songs. 1 kings 4:32.

70. The theme of the book of Proverbs is that the "fear of the Lord" is the beginning of wisdom.

71. Proverbs 6:16-19 lists them: Arrogant Eyes, A Lying Tongue, Hands That Shed Innocent Blood, A Heart That Plots Wicked Schemes, Feet Eager to Run to Evil, A Lying Witness Who Gives False Testimony, One Who Stirs Up Trouble Among Brothers.

72. King Jeroboam was from Israel's ten northern tribes.

73. Asa’s grandmother is Abishalom. I kings 15:10.

74. He had idolatrous altars and images torn down. He also began to eliminate the male and female prostitutes who attended the pagan temples, groves, altars, and shrines. He realized that the pagan peoples might again try to impose their false religious practices on his people, so he also used this interval of peace to build up his territorial defenses. 1 kings 15:11-15.

75. Nadab.

76. He was from Syria. 2 kings 5:1
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 6:25pm On Feb 27, 2012
I leave the rest for my friend and brother, image123 to complete it. If he doesn't get them we go flog him very well. Good luck to you bro.
Re: Bible Quiz by stepo707: 9:40am On Feb 28, 2012
goshen my man,you are bomb.Lets allow image to finish 77-80
There are some few observations to the ones you answered found below

62. Anyone that escaped the sword of Jehu(as prophesied),but there was no where recorded where Elisha killed anyone.
63.4th miracle performed by Elijah was raising the dead (1kings 17:17-24) First he brought famine by his word (see v. 1),
then he was fed by ravens (see v. 6), then he caused the widow’s food supply to miraculously continue (see vv. 13–16)
72. tribe of Ephraim
73. maachah 1kings15:9-10 N.B Abijam's mother was maachah and Asa was a son of Abijam, therefore Asa was a grandson to Maachah.Research this very well
Re: Bible Quiz by Image123(m): 5:39pm On Feb 28, 2012
goshen360:

I leave the rest for my friend and brother, image123 to complete it. If he doesn't get them we go flog him very well. Good luck to you bro.
Yeeeeeee! daddiiiii, mummiiiii! Save miiiii.
77.Jehoram
78. Omri.
80. Damascus.
79. daddiiiiiiiiii, i don't know o.
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 6:27pm On Feb 28, 2012
^^^
Make we wait for teacher to come mark your scores, lol
Re: Bible Quiz by stepo707: 9:46am On Feb 29, 2012
Image123:

Yeeeeeee! daddiiiii, mummiiiii! Save miiiii.
77.Jehoram
78. Omri. Research this further
80. Damascus.
79. daddiiiiiiiiii, i don't know o. grin grin grin Keep researching bro.
goshen no help am oh,until he bows to the master. grin grin grin
Re: Bible Quiz by stepo707: 9:48am On Feb 29, 2012
Q81-100 is ready pending when you Q80 and 78 is answered correctly.Thank you guys
Re: Bible Quiz by Image123(m): 10:07pm On Feb 29, 2012
stepo707:

goshen no help am oh,until he bows to the master. grin grin grin

Aaooo, thank God no flogging. You got me out of mi comfort zone to re-look for the answers o,
Husband of Athaliah is Jehoram na, spelt Joram though in 2Kings 8.24.
Israel's saviour from the hand of Syria is Jehoahaz 2Kings13.4,5. iTry oooo.
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 10:43pm On Feb 29, 2012
^^^
Coordinator go soon come mark you,lol. He don say make i know help u o. But thank God say flogging no dey here for this class, you for hear am real good. grin grin grin
Re: Bible Quiz by Image123(m): 11:46pm On Feb 29, 2012
goshen360:

^^^
Coordinator go soon come mark you,lol. He don say make i know help u o. But thank God say flogging no dey here for this class, you for hear am real good. grin grin grin
I know my right, i know my right. Corporal punishment is an offence punishable by law under section bla bla.
Phewwww, in everything i give thanks o my brother. Thank God say flogging no dey for this class o, i fit don faint anytime wey coordinator Step click reply button.
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 2:25am On Mar 01, 2012
wait for coordinator, he go soon enter class.lol
Re: Bible Quiz by stepo707: 10:11am On Mar 01, 2012
Goodmorning,

Q78. Who was the father of Athaliah?
Q79.Who was the savior that delivered Israel from syria?
The above are still pending before we can move further to Q81-100
If by 2pm image neva get am,then goshen abeg you go help am,you know say him miss Q78.

Thanks all
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 3:22pm On Mar 01, 2012
Q78. Ahaziah's father is Jehoram.
Q79. Johoahaz.

Post next questions sir. But sir, i neva get any price o,lol
Re: Bible Quiz by stepo707: 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2012
goshen360:

Q78. Ahaziah's father is Jehoram.
Q79. Johoahaz.

Post next questions sir. But sir, i neva get any price o,lol

Q78. Athaliah was the daughter of Ahab, who was the son of Omri (2 Chronicles 21:6). “The terms ‘son’ and ‘daughter’ were used not only of remote descendants but even of successors who were not blood relations”

Q79. The Lord’s response to Jehoahaz’s prayer promised a Savior to deliver Israel from the Syrians. Because the title of Saviour is associated with Jesus, some may think the Lord was promising a deliverer, but all that was being promised was deliverance. Deliverance from Hazael, king of Syria, and later his son, Ben-hadad,was to come through the son and grandson of Jehoahaz.“In this oppression Jehoahaz prayed to the Lord . . . and the Lord heard this prayer, because He saw their oppression at the hands of the Syrians, and gave Israel a saviour, so that they came out from the power of the Syrians and dwelt in their booths again, as before, i.e. were able to live peaceably again in their houses, without being driven off and led away by the foe. The saviour was neither an angel, nor the prophet Elisha, nor a victory obtained by Jehoahaz over the Syrians, but the Lord gave them the savior in the two successors of Jehoahaz, in the kings Jehoash and Jeroboam, the former of whom wrested from the Syrians all the cities that had been conquered by them under his father (ver. 25), while the latter restored the ancient boundaries of Israel. According to vers. 22–25, the oppression by the Syrians lasted as long as Jehoahaz lived; but after his death the Lord had compassion upon Israel, and after the death of Hazael, when his son Ben-hadad had become king, Jehoash recovered from Ben-hadad all the Israelitish cities that had been taken by Syrians.” The Jehoash mentioned here is not the same Jehoash who was king of Judah (discussed in Notes and Commentary on 2 Kings 11; 2 Kings 12; 2 Kings 12:1–16). There were two kings by the same name.
Jehoash who became king of Israel, the Northern Kingdom, was the son of Jehoahaz and helped deliver Israel from the Syrians. The other Jehoash, also called Joash, was the one hid by the priests in Judah when Athaliah had the royal seed killed (see 2 Kings 11:1–3). He became king of Judah, the Southern Kingdom, at the age of seven and ruled for forty years.

Q881-100 coming soon,
Re: Bible Quiz by stepo707: 7:20am On Mar 05, 2012
Q81. Revelation 9:11. Who Is Abaddon or Apollyon?
Q82. Revelation 5:1. What Is the Meaning of the Book Sealed with Seven Seals?
Q83. What Are the Three That Bear Witness in Earth?
Q84. The grandfather of Gamaliel was?
Q85. How many tribes did Ishmael have?
Q86. The prophecy that david’s throne will be established forever was a dualistic prophecy? State both of the meaning.
Q87. Why was david not allowed to build the temple?
Q88. The measurement of Goliath in Feet and inches amounts to ?
Q89. Reference of the Book of Shemiah is mentioned in which place of the bible?
Q90. Reference of the sayings of the seer is mentioned in which place of the bible?
Q91. Reference of the epistle of paul to the Laodiceans is mentioned in which place of the bible?
Q92. Reference to the Acts of Uziah written by Isaiah is mentioned in which place of the bible?
Q93. Reference to Book of the Acts of Solomon is mentioned in which place of the bible?
Q94. What type of government did Isreal have under Samuel?
Q95. Who was Dagon?
Q96. What was the name of the adversary of Hannah,Elkanah’s Wife?
Q97. What type of sacrificeSpecifically was Jephtah’s daughter used for?
Q98. The city of Palm trees is another name for?
Q99. How long were the Isrealites in Bondage?
Q100. Why was the lord angry with moses as he traveled to Egypt?

Good luck guys!
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 4:39pm On Mar 05, 2012
81. He is the angel of the bottomless pit, Satan.
82. Skipped
83. The spirit, water and the blood. 1 John 5:8
84. Hillel
85. Genesis 25:13-16. According to the Bible, Ishmael had 12 sons who became twelve tribal chiefs.

13And these are the names of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to their generations: the firstborn of Ishmael, Nebajoth; and Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam, 14And Mishma, and Dumah, and Massa, 15Hadar, and Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah: 16These are the sons of Ishmael, and these are their names, by their towns, and by their castles; twelve princes according to their nations.
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 4:40pm On Mar 05, 2012
86. Skipped
87. Because he was a man of war.
88. 9 feet, 6-9 inches kind of. 1 Samuel 17:4
89. 2 Chronicles 12:15
90. 2 Chronicles 33:19
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 4:41pm On Mar 05, 2012
91. Colossians 4:16
92.  2 Chronicles 26:22
93.  1 Kings 11:41 
94.  Theocracy or Thearchy
95. Dagon was one of the gods of the Philistines, the half fish and half flesh god. (I’ve got a heaven revelation on Dagon. Do you know many of us Christians are just like Dagon? I save the revelation for another day. I might share it on Nairaland, God willing.)
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 4:41pm On Mar 05, 2012
96. Peninnah
97.  Fulfillment to vows of burnt offering.
98. Jericho
99. 430 years.
100. Skipped for image123

Image123, you are at it again this week,lol. Answer ya part, make goshen360 rest small,lol
Re: Bible Quiz by Image123(m): 5:00pm On Mar 05, 2012
O boy, and the boy fainted. See answers, come see questions. Wonderable.
Anyways,
100- becas Moses had not circumcised his pikin.
Re: Bible Quiz by Goshen360(m): 5:15pm On Mar 05, 2012
Na wha for u o, image, haba. I lef 3 questions for you and na only one u answer. I know even know if u get the one sef. But to be honest, these questions are becoming tougher and tougher o. Kai, no be small questions my brother. Anyway, coordinator go come mark you soon.  grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophet T.B Joshua Has Dropped One Of His Five Wise Men (see Photo) / Jesus Is Coming / Please Help Translate This Gospel Song.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.