Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Pawa 774: Are They Real? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pawa 774: Are They Real? (19263 Views)

ACCION HR; Are They Real? / Jovago Called Me For An Interview Tomorrow 23rd December 2014,are They Real? / Help! Women N Children Advocacy Centre Invited Me 4 Training, Are They Real: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Osiris212(f): 6:07pm On Mar 06, 2012
[size=28pt]SCAM!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by ndidibabe(f): 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2012
I just have to respond to this . Pawa777 or whatever is called is a complete fraud. My brother in-law who graduated from FUTA participated in the training which took place in Ondo town. They promised to conduct a test after the training and that successful candidates will be employed. To my surprise, while the training was going on in Ondo, i read a newspaper advert sponsored by Ondo State Govt on how the state govt through the fraudulent Techville has successfully trained and employed graduates. Mimiko was at the training venue, so they used his picture and other pictures at the venue for their advert. Imagine, they couldn't even wait for the conclusion of the training. All was a method to loot the state. Unknown to the trainees, Mimiko and techville used them to embezzle Ondo state fund. Only God knows how much Mimiko will say he spent on the training. Test were conducted after the training and nobody has been employed. At least, my brother in-law still has the numbers of most people that participated in the training so he can confirm. PAWA777 will tell us to ask Mimiko because he is one of their con men. Nonsense!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by teddy2011: 6:34pm On Mar 06, 2012
This FRAUD! It should be reported to EFCC. Its going to end up like the Imo State Saga.

Rogues, Why cant the training be free. The employed graduates pay after getting the job.

Nigerian Govt na wa , The money you stole is not enough. They want to exploit from graduates who are striving hard survive.
Oles, Barawo Bansa, Ndi Oshi!!!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Wallie(m): 6:49pm On Mar 06, 2012
Interesting!  grin

1. Why train people before you hire them? Isn't it the other way around?
2. Does your company exist solely to train people?
3. If the value of the NGN3k fee is in the "free" training, why not just say that upfront? Why make it appear that they are applying for a position in your company?
4. What makes you think that the training you're giving is adequate for any company willing to hire your graduates?
5. Did I just read that you will hire 1 million people in 5 years? To do what? How are they going to be paid?

There's no denying that people will need to be trained to get a job in the power sector whenever it comes online but the training will be provided by the company doing the hiring for FREE after offer/job acceptance!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by basadenet: 7:22pm On Mar 06, 2012
If it is true that you wanted to create employment to unemployed nigerians then why on earth do you charge a fee, as charging a fee will be misconstrue by average Nigerians to be something suspicious, As we have seen in the past, that similar organization likes yours duped so many innocent Nigerians in the name of helping them to secure job. It is unethical to charge a fee of any sort.
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by LukeLook: 7:31pm On Mar 06, 2012
Applications made directly to the company itself is free. can someone explain if allowing a third party like "power 77" to conduct skills acquisition training is not encouraging fraud?

http://www.naptin.org.ng/index.php/training-programmes/naptin-graduate-skill-development-programme/careers-application-form/
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Wallie(m): 7:37pm On Mar 06, 2012
@Pawa774

1. How many people have you employed and at what location?
2. Where do you plan to house the potential employees that paid the 3k fee?
3. Is the company funded to deploy any solution, and if so, where? Or is the funding going to be provided by the 3k fee?  grin
4. Why is your HR head a contractor and not a permanent employee? I understand that there's nothing inherently wrong in using contractors but the HR position seemed more like a permanent post to me.
5. Do you have any permanent employee? If so, where and how many?
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by basadenet: 7:45pm On Mar 06, 2012
LukeLook:

Applications made directly to the company itself is free. can someone explain if allowing a third party like "power 77" to conduct skills acquisition training is not encouraging fraud?

http://www.naptin.org.ng/index.php/training-programmes/naptin-graduate-skill-development-programme/careers-application-form/

@lukelook i wonder as well and I dont know why some Nigerians like to play a fast one on intelligent of fellow Nigerians. Their site contain nothing worthwhile. i pity many gullible Nigerians that still fell for some thing like this.
Get more gist here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-875217.46.html
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 06, 2012
What Nerve. Then they come on Nairaland to defend their blatant fraudulent attempt at scamming vulnerable people that are desperate for a job. This is nothing more than an opportunistic venture in exploiting people and your company is no different (probably even worse ) than a common thief on the street.I have never heard of a place on earth where you have to pay to take a Job interview test! Heck the company is even supposed to pay for your expenses if they invite you for an interview if Nigeria was a civilized society! Trying to claim Libel! The whole of Pawa 774 are fvkin thiefs together with their families, how about that for libel and a "civilized" conversation, fvkin retard!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by paradigman(m): 8:36pm On Mar 06, 2012
OOOOLLLLLLEEEEEEEE
TTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFF tongue
BARAWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO grin

Organised Criminals.
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by mamale8(m): 8:38pm On Mar 06, 2012
Don't be fooled nairalanders, this is simply a scam, EFCC needs to be ALERTED, this is a good opportunity for Ondo State Governors opponent to open foul yynash.

For Christ sake, I have gone for interviews in this same country where the employer paid a bill of over N100k just to make me comfortable. Pawa whatever it is a SCAM!!!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by muyoto: 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2012
na wa o!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 06, 2012
Чυя cup don full.
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by studyineu: 10:20pm On Mar 06, 2012
Please, be wise don't be a victim of scam, for those looking for jobs let me expose how you can find out if ther are scam, go to google and type the name of the company or person you want to find out if its scam like this "pawa774 scam" open up the results and read through many of dem. Type pawa774 scam into google search engine to find out if they are scam. Be wise
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 06, 2012
ip whois

Domain Name: pawa774.com
Registrar: Name.com LLC

Expiration Date: 2012-08-28 13:52:37
Creation Date: 2011-08-28 13:52:37

Name Servers:
ns1.isoft-ng.com
ns2.isoft-ng.com

REGISTRANT CONTACT INFO
MIDATCO
Olurinde Lafe
11795 Sherwood Trail
Chesterland
Ohio
US
Phone: +1.2163337272
Fax: +1.4405050105
Email Address: lafe@quikcat.com

BILLING CONTACT INFO
MIDATCO
Olurinde Lafe
11795 Sherwood Trail
Chesterland
Ohio
US
Phone: +1.2163337272
Fax: +1.4405050105
Email Address: lafe@quikcat.com
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by samcus(m): 12:03am On Mar 07, 2012
THunder Fire U 4 claiming Libel u dis Ugly scamer
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by hakunajay(m): 12:04am On Mar 07, 2012
Scammer! May God judge you,
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 07, 2012
Please someone should report this fvckers to EFCC, The wrath of God will destroy this a-holes! You can imagine how many people have fallen already for this scam!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 07, 2012
I will try to contact and report these guys to EFCC!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by hakunajay(m): 12:22am On Mar 07, 2012
It is certain that the poster with username PAWA774 is a nairalander. He/she must have quickly opened a new account to defend the scam he/she or they are trying to pull. i strongly believe the scammer is a guy using feminine alias just to deceive people, And wetin concern us where she get her masters from? This is typical of scammers as they are proud and always show off to make you believe them! I.di.ots!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by joelala(m): 3:13am On Mar 07, 2012
100% scam, bunch of rogues trying to make quick cash. lets say at least 100k unemployed citizens fall for the scam and pay the fee, thats a cool 300m. with that they can afford to buy their way out of efcc net. abi no be naija we dey?
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by AjanleKoko: 5:17am On Mar 07, 2012
LOL. Who does Pawa774 want to sue, Nairalanders, or Seun himself?

They're even making threats. Na wa for Naija sha. Scammers complaining of libel cheesy
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by AjanleKoko: 5:20am On Mar 07, 2012
This is why this silly government needs to develop this country, put infrastructure and the right policies in place to attract concrete investment.
Too many jackals prowling around, making prey of desperate Nigerians. When the government themselves are busy scamming the populace, why would other nefarious individuals balk at doing the same?
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Raxxye(m): 7:22am On Mar 07, 2012
hakunajay:

It is certain that the poster with username PAWA774 is a nairalander. He/she must have quickly opened a new account to defend the scam he/she or they are trying to pull. i strongly believe the scammer is a guy using feminine alias just to deceive people, And wetin concern us where she get her masters from? This is typical of scammers as they are proud and always show off to make you believe them! I.di.ots!

I think Sagytarius(in page 1) is same person making this post. Now he has gone into hiding. He has refused to answer the questions to further defend his scammer-company.
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:43am On Mar 07, 2012
PAWA774: Nairaland users:

Thank you all for your interest in PAWA 774. It has come to our attention that there is a lot of speculation about our company, which we would like to address at this time for all who are willing to engage in a civilized conversation. 

Please note: while a healthy amount of questioning is permissible and even welcome, it is never all right to libel the name of honest employees and consultants of PAWA 774, who work with passion and dedication to the development of a better Nigeria.

If you have questions about PAWA 774, please address them to the right channels.  We have dedicated people who are happy to respond to your questions at press@pawa774.com.  Due the volume of emails we receive daily, it may be up to 48 hours before you get a response, but be rest assured that you will get a response.

Some parties have been offended and, indeed, scandalized by the PAWA 774 smart test fee policy. We believe this is, in part, because they do not have enough information at this time and so we would like to introduce some facts.

1.   PAWA 774 is a privately-owned, privately-run organization.  Though our initiative is recognised by the Federal Government’s renewable energy program under the Ministry of Environment, PAWA 774 is not a government organization, and we do not receive government funding at this time. 

2.   PAWA 774 is a newly-branded limited liability company registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission.  We have liaison offices in Abuja and Lagos, listed on our website at www.pawa774.com, as well as a proposed permanent address in Ondo State where we will make our headquarters, also listed on the website.

3.   Folusho Odegbaike, whose name is signed to all PAWA 774 career correspondence, is the principal human resources consultant at PAWA 774, and responsible for expertly coordinating the many applicants that we receive daily. She has a master’s degree in from the University of Lagos and has been a human resources professional for many years.

4.   Some have claimed that PAWA 774 does not have a mission or vision.  PAWA 774 has four clearly stated quantitative goals on the home page of its website, each of which are expanded upon at pawa774.com/our-goals. If these do not count as a mission or a vision, we do not know what else would. These are goals against which we may be measured by anyone prepared to monitor our progress over the next five years. We have chosen to make them public because we want to hold ourselves accountable to the Nigerian people, and for Nigerians also to see the part they play in the development of our country.

5.   The smart test fee is NOT a scam.  It may be viewed as unorthodox to some, and scandalous to many others, but fraudulent it is NOT. Accusing the company of committing fraud is tantamount to libel, and that is an actual crime.

6.   The minimum qualification for getting a PAWA 774 position is a secondary school education; therefore we anticipate a large turnout of applicants once we begin advertising our recruitment to the general public. We cannot afford to train everybody, and so we have chosen to train only those who meet our basic expectations as determined by our psychometric computer-based test. We are all aware that the Nigerian educational system, unfortunately, has been unable to provide the expected quality of graduates required for this type of work. Hence we can only rely on these standardized test results for the selection of people we will train.

7.   The smart test is just the beginning of a process, and the only step that requires Nigerians to invest their own money in themselves. [size=18pt]In exchange for N3000, PAWA 774 will train every applicant who passes the smart test completely free[/size] for four weeks.

8.   Every trainee graduate will receive certification from the National Power Training Institute of Nigeria (NAPTIN), which will qualify them to work anywhere in the power sector in Nigeria. You may explore the NAPTIN website to find out how much it would cost to receive this certification directly from them.

9.   [size=18pt]This training will be 100% free[/size] for everyone who has passed the smart test and will be provided onsite throughout Nigeria, in various local government areas. PAWA 774 has established partnerships with NAPTIN and the Renewable Energy Training Institute (RETI), which allows us to provide world-class training in renewable energy systems completely free. The training workshops will provide previously unemployed Nigerians with an opportunity to attain knowledge and excellence in a very technical field, as well as national certification and technical qualifications that will allow them to be recruitable by the community-based businesses which will form the bedrock of the PAWA 774 initiative.

10.   Successful trainees will be employed under the PAWA 774 initiative and will be the foot soldiers in our unique solution to Nigeria’s dilapidated power sector.

11.   With just this project, we will have made a significant contribution to reducing wide-scale national unemployment, currently at 25%! By the end of five years, nearly one million Nigerians will have been hired directly by PAWA 774, and several more millions will have jobs created as a result of the work we are trying to do now. The public will be able to track our progress toward this goal at www.pawa774.com.

12.   Contrary to popular opinion, the PAWA 774 training workshops have already been tried and tested in Ondo State, during a pilot program launched in 2010 and conducted by one of our working partners, TechVille.  Over 100 previously unemployed youth were recruited, trained and a number were subsequently employed by TechVille, using the same methods that will now be deployed for PAWA 774 and implemented on a national scale. 

All are welcome to visit Ondo and explore the renewable energy systems that were installed by Nigerians trained by TechVille and to have conversations with any of the 100+ employees who went through this scheme from beginning to end.  Very shortly, we will post testimonials from TechVille graduates on our website and enable you to have an open conversation with one or more of them online.

13.   Projects conducted under TechVille include:
  a.   February-November 2011: Off-grid Solar Power Farms completed for:
       i.   Alagbaka, Akure (Ondo State Government Secretariat)
      ii.   Okitipupa (ultra-modern market)
     iii.   Ikare (ultra-modern market)
     iv.   Ondo (Gani-Fawehinmi Diagnostic Centre)
      v.   Isinkan, Akure (ultra-modern market)
     vi.   Akure (International Auto Mart)
  b.   February 2011: Energy Audit of the American University of Nigeria (AUN) campus, Yola.
  c.   September 2011: Energy Audit of 4 South-South communities in Rivers State in partnership with Shell Nigeria.

14.   Gaining employment with any organization is not an overnight process, and PAWA 774 will be no exception. It will take time to recruit enough applicants in each region in order to schedule the smart tests, organize each applicant into his or her relevant training workshop modules and subsequently employ eligible trainees.  But it will happen.  It has happened before and there are living human beings in Ondo who can attest to these events in their lives. Governor Mimiko and other members of the Ondo State government can attest to these events.

Over the next two weeks, we will update our website to capture more information based on the many, many questions we have received from the general public in the weeks since we re-opened recruitment.

We are aiming for excellence and we welcome all constructive feedback and criticism. Incendiary comments and written abuse will not get a response. 

We have provided a channel through which you may receive answers to your questions at press@pawa774.com.  Please use it.  Over the next couple of days, there will be an FAQ section added to the website.  Please read it. 

If you have had any troubles whatsoever with your application, you are encouraged to read the instructions posted on the PAWA 774 website carefully. Most errors in the process are caused by a lack of careful consideration of the information provided. If you have followed the instructions clearly, and are still having problems, you may send an email to careers@pawa774.com.  You are assured of a response within 2 business days.

We are also very active on Facebook and Twitter.  If you would like to receive up-to-date information on PAWA 774, please follow us on those two platforms. We cannot address all complaints on those platforms, but you will be pointed in the right direction and you will receive help for your problem.

Best regards,
Mariam Gidado
press@pawa774.com

This is the weakest word play I have ever seen. . . The Smart Test is 3000 Naira and yet the training in free!! How about the Test be free and the Training cost 3000 Naira. . The scam is too simple. . So lets assumed 1000 candidates pay 3000 Naira for your test, thats 3 million in the bank just like that. . If you were genuine, the test would be free. . I just wrote a series of tests last year and non cost me a dime, rather they reimbursed the money I spent on transportation back to. . . You are looking for assets and we dont come cheap so you pay us rather than we paying you.
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 07, 2012
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by lbotus(f): 10:03am On Mar 07, 2012
where's PAWA777.com? S/he's gone into hiding tongue. Nairalanders aren't foools. come and defend yourself. Bingo!ole!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by ocheejemb: 10:19am On Mar 07, 2012
SCAM on SCAM on SCAM.

Just wanted to point out something unrelated tho.
Sky-walker:

Quote from: ojofu on February 21, 2012, 09:48 AM
when I got this mail, i decided to do some little investigation by tracing the source of this mails. I goggled " how to trace emails" and i got this site http://my-addr.com/trace_email_address/free_email_trace_route/online_email_trace_route_tool.php . Using the mail header of the mail they sent me, the result of the trace is shown below.

Path IP Hostname Country City Lat. Long. ISP
sender 10.252.0.104 Local network computer
path pt 127.0.0.1 Local network computer
path pt 208.75.123.133 ccm25.constantcontact.com United States Waltham 42.403 -71.259 AS40444
Constant
Contact, Inc

Dest. 208.75.123.133 ccm25.constantcontact.com United States Waltham 42.403 -71.259 AS40444
Constant
Contact, Inc

I also trace the mail sent to me by Vio-dvla and Riverland hospital and the result were all most the same for example,
the Sender IP for Pawa774- 10.252.0.104
the Sender IP for Vio-dvla- 10.252.0.105
the Sender IP for Riverland Hospital- 10.252.0.106

Even though i may not be able to interpret some of this result but why the similarities, does this mean that the mail purportedly send by three different organisations are being sent from this same place?
With my little knowledge of IP I think this mails are being sent from the same source, Pls correct me if am wrong.

You not wrong. they are using all this web based email account. The IP gave them away. No same companies have the same IP address.Its obvious by their IP address the 3 companies are on the same network.

You guys are both wrong. Any IP address that starts with 10. or 172.16-172.32, or 192.168.x.x is a private address, So in this case the source address is probably a mail server at your ISP or something. Im not sure exactly how mail routing works, but both mails having 10.x.x.x as thier source just means it came from within your network.
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by olofofo(m): 10:32am On Mar 07, 2012
Nigerians are beginning to open their eyes to the new mode of the "advance" fee fraud. this employment thing is the new yahoo yahoo and we need to find a way to stop it, imaging 300,000 applicant paying 3000 naira each, that's a whooping 900,000,000, almost a billion naira!!!

here the Modus Operandi:

1.they do a bit of Newspaper publications to give it a legitimate air
2.build a fancy website devoid of any true information.
3.the most important aspect on the website is the online form where information is collected
see how this link is resident somewhere else and does not even go with the theme of the website  http://75.103.118.97/etcp/PAWA.aspx
4.a very active social networking support
5.you receive emails, even if you have not applied.
6. they ask you to pay for aptitude test
7. even when they employ you, there's really nothing to do.

further insight:

the domain http://pawa774.com is registered in Nigeria with http://isoft-ng.com or is using their name servers  
ns1.isoft-ng.com
ns2.isoft-ng.com
so actually if u need to file any fraudulent complain u can mail mauren@isoftng.com

the IP hosting the registration page is resident in the use with http://webservices.thesba.com/ or with the alias http://crystaltech.com.

in conclusion, all these "web" of intricasies can only mean 1 thing!  FRAUD, FRAUD, FRAUD

I stand to be corrected if am wrong!
Re: Pawa 774: Are They Real? by Sagytarius(m): 12:49am On Mar 14, 2012
@wowo2 and raxxye:

does my having only one post ever on this forum border you? does that mean I don't listen to discussions? Must I comment on every post I see even when it doesn not affect me? Yes, I signed up recently, here, to enable me make my comment because I am directly affected and that speech is free. I remember Akin33 saying he was once duped when he was made to pay some "medical fee". So, tell me: is one being duped a crime or one duping someother person? If my action of paying the money was wrong, why woun't you, as "concerned" NairaLanders, simply condemn my action instead suspecting or tagging me as a fraudster? Neither am I begging for your pieces of advice! Besides, experience they say is the best teacher. Its my loss not yours! So pals, Back off!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Know Anything About Cflead? / First And Second Job Through Nairaland, Resume Today / MTN Temporary Job For Call Center Agents Ends Today..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.