Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,858 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Mourinho: Bringing In Non-National Coaches Is Wrong - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho: Bringing In Non-National Coaches Is Wrong (717 Views)

A List Of Great Players Who Failed As Coaches / Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch / Will Arsenal Overcome This Injury Crises Without Bringing In New Players? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho: Bringing In Non-National Coaches Is Wrong by whatnext: 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2007
Mourinho says that bringing in coaches from overseas to lead international sides is wrong.

He added: "I'm completely against having foreigners with national teams, not because I doubt the professionalism with which they do it, but I think that a national team should bring together the best players and the best coach from each country.

"Being the coach of a national team is not the same as being coach of a club. It's a job for someone who doesn't like working much."

Source

Do you agree with him?
Re: Mourinho: Bringing In Non-National Coaches Is Wrong by wolexojo(m): 12:13pm On Oct 22, 2007
I totally agree with him ,i doubt the total commitment of foreigners when they are asked to manage a national side.A very good example is our Hubert Vogts.Do u think he is totally committed to the national team?.well thats open for debate.Mourinho is very right to say its a lazy man's job,how many times does berti vogts work in a month,expecially when there is no major tournaments.I think the job coaching national teams should be given to nationals,only that the selection process must be based on professionalism not only success,because thats what is killing england.Mclaren is not the right man for that job there are better english coaches in england.I can suggest a few,Harry Redknap, chris hutchingson,sam alladyce and so on.Steve Mc claren was only picked because he took m'boro to yhe finals of the UEFA cup,which they lost disastrously to sevilla.4-0,if u remember.I think he should be sacked and replaced immediately.

(1) (Reply)

Morhino Will Be Here Soon / El Nino And Allied Matters / What Is Wrong With Our Nfa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.