Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,977 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

God Bless Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / God Bless Nigeria. (1497 Views)

God bless Nigeria / "GOD BLESS NIGERIA" Prayer for Nigeria @51 / Why Do People Always Say God Bless Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Bless Nigeria. by Abbott(m): 9:53pm On Feb 20, 2012
I have been feeling bad recently and at the core of my unhappiness is the fact that God made me to be a Nigerian. God in His infinte love and wisdom blessed me and i came across this poem and it has filled me up so much, it made tears fall out of my face. wink So i want to share these beautiful lines with nairaland. It is written by Lloyd Stone & George Harkness. Enjoy!

This is my song, oh God of all the nations,
a song of peace for lands afar and mine.
This is my home, the country where my heart is;
here are my hopes, my dreams, my holy shrine;
but other hearts in other lands are beating
with hopes and dreams as true and high as mine

My country's skies are bluer than the ocean,
and sunlight beams on clover leaf and pine.
But other lands have sunlight too and clover,
and skies are everywhere as blue as mine.
This is my song, thou God of all the nations;
a song of peace for their land and for mine.

This is my prayer, O Lord of all earth's kingdoms:
Thy kingdom come on earth thy will be done.
Let Christ be lifted up till all shall serve him,
And hearts united learn to live as one.
Oh hear my prayer, thou God of all the nations;
Myself I give thee; let thy will be done.

God bless Nigeria. Amen
Let us not give up on this nation.

(1) (Reply)

I Fought With Adekunle And Obasanjo - Elechi Amadi Foremost Ikwerre. / I Lied, Says Shamed Farouk Lawan / Boko Haram Hideout Discovered In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.