Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Controversy Trails Sani Kaita’s Recall - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Controversy Trails Sani Kaita’s Recall (3546 Views)

Sani Kaita Declared Missing / Sani Kaita Celebrates His 29th Birthday Today / Yakubu And Sani Kaita Are Recalled For Super Eagles 2013 Qualifier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversy Trails Sani Kaita’s Recall by thenewsman: 8:42am On Feb 21, 2012

It is no longer news that Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Sani Kaita have been recalled to the Super Eagles. While some analysts agree that Aiyegbeni merits his recall, others have criticised Kaita’s recall especially as he is seen to be on the fringes of his club in Ukraine.

Akinbode Oguntuyi, a football analyst, belongs to this group. “I think for Aiyegbeni, while the coach is within rights, because The ‘Yak’ is scoring goals now; but it is crucial to clarify where exactly he is going with the player,” he said. “While it is okay to invite the inform players to help steer a team through qualifications, it may be retrogressive and counter-productive to include such aging players in long term plans, especially as younger players are already in the frame, and rebuilding is in progress."

Read more: [url]http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/controversy-trails-sani-kaita%E2%80%99s-recall[/url]
Re: Controversy Trails Sani Kaita’s Recall by stepo707: 12:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
Kaita <<<Rubbish player.
Re: Controversy Trails Sani Kaita’s Recall by zaboy: 12:09pm On Feb 21, 2012
Yakubu always performs for his club, he never performs for Nigeria though. He is not that committed to the national team.
Re: Controversy Trails Sani Kaita’s Recall by aminu150(m): 12:19pm On Feb 21, 2012
I will never forgive yakubu for missing that simple goal, he doesnt deserve to be called again because he only performs for his club side not super eagles.
As for kaita, he can be forgiven because players like beckham have done similar rubbish things but they continued to play for their countries
Re: Controversy Trails Sani Kaita’s Recall by mkmyers45(m): 12:29pm On Feb 21, 2012
hmmm, don't they deserve a second chance?, lets hope keshi gets it right
Re: Controversy Trails Sani Kaita’s Recall by omo9ja1(m): 12:52pm On Feb 21, 2012
well I have suggest in the past that we keep carrying all odd players to the camp why not build a fresh team watch them grow, we are too in the hurry and we set outselves up for failure, there is enough time to build up a fresh Eagles, we may call the so call pros but we should encourage the fresh players Zambia should show a good lesson how many professional they have to take to lift the Africa Nations Cup
Re: Controversy Trails Sani Kaita’s Recall by velo10: 1:30pm On Feb 21, 2012
They both deserve second chances. What would we say about Asamoah Gyan and Drogba who forget where the goal post is whenever they take penalties for their national teams?
Re: Controversy Trails Sani Kaita’s Recall by Agimor(m): 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2012
yakubu performs well in the club,but a flop in representing is father land.
Re: Controversy Trails Sani Kaita’s Recall by Coefficient(m): 7:05pm On Feb 21, 2012
If Keshi likes, let him invite Messi n Ronaldo. Its bye bye to naija football. Sheer waste of tym watchn super chickens. I cannot come and go and die #gbam#
Re: Controversy Trails Sani Kaita’s Recall by manuch(m): 9:32pm On Feb 21, 2012
so what kaita got a red card thats football . Give the guy a break. even if Keshi was to transform the squad he still needs some of the old guard.
Re: Controversy Trails Sani Kaita’s Recall by jidowu(m): 10:53am On Feb 24, 2012
i recommend dat of yakubu bur 4 sani kaita jst kumin bk 4rm injury and nt in d best of form,its a pityable situation 4 kaita i fink.

(1) (Reply)

What Mourinho Was Doing During Cardiff V Man United Game (photos) / DELETED MY POST! I WAS WRONG... SPORTYBET IS A GOOD WEBSITE! / Nigerian Has Won The First Gold Of The 2010 Commonwealth Games In Delhi - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.