Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,365 members, 7,868,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:02 AM

Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe (15875 Views)

Native Doctor Kills Two Brothers Seeking Bullet-proof Protection (pictured) / Driver Kills Two Policemen In Benue / Cultists On The Rampage: Viewers Discretion Advised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by MrCork17: 6:33pm On Feb 21, 2012
did the lion eat him? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by kemmeye: 6:38pm On Feb 21, 2012
hmmm they mut have really been hungry 30 livestock. damn
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 21, 2012
Lion in Nigeria ? undecided undecided
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Afam4eva(m): 6:50pm On Feb 21, 2012
This one na boko-haram Lion oo. Are there Lions in Nigerian jungles?
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by moshoodn(m): 6:56pm On Feb 21, 2012
bandiejay:

Lion in Nigeria ?  undecided  undecided
yes.  . . hnmmmmmm. . . maybe.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by moshoodn(m): 7:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
afam4eva:

This one na boko-haram Lion oo. Are there Lions in Nigerian jungles?
na wa o. . . must every thing be bokolized?
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by tpia5: 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2012
did the lion escape from a zoo, because i dont think there are wild lions in nigeria.

and are they sure it was a lion?

might have been imported from somewhere else if so.

lord have mercy. undecided
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 21, 2012
SMH. . . . only in the north.
Is that place the archetypical jungle that oyinbos speak of and portry in movies when they think of Africa?
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by kombats: 7:23pm On Feb 21, 2012
how are we sure that its a lion and not any wild animal from the cat family cos they havent seen the beast. Just thinking.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 21, 2012
Okay let's get these facts right.

Lions are a rarity in West-Africa, hence if one is found roaming, why can't it be captured( tranquillised) and taken to a zoo or game reserve( Yankari) for example?

For 4teelaw; We can't really verify if the lion has actually killed people and if it has, There are two options, either it's transported to a safer place or put-down.

There is also no scientific proof that says a Lion that has killed and eaten a human will always want to kill other humans. In fact every hungry lion sees humans as meat so the lion is simply performing its instinct.

And Finally, 4teelaw, when u visited the zoo and was told you shouldn't run when you see a Lion within range, Yes it's true. DO NOT RUN because a Lion instinctively sees you as prey because you will be showing the lion your back (your back neck especially). You also can't outrun a lion, Stare and make a sudden noise instead and you might have a chance.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by pendo89(f): 8:43pm On Feb 21, 2012
obo_man:

And Finally, 4teelaw, when u visited the zoo and was told you shouldn't run when you see a Lion within range, Yes it's true. DO NOT RUN because a Lion instinctively sees you as prey because you will be showing the lion  your back (your back neck especially). You also can't outrun a lion,  Stare and make a sudden noise instead and you might have a chance.

grin grin try this and see urself getting ripped in broad daylight. At the moment of danger the body freezes or takes off in flight. I think it's better to be eaten while trying to escape than standing. wow! have u seen the head of a wild lion  shocked

lol @Boko lion. The only thing lions fear is masai. Send one there to finish them off.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by mkmyers45(m): 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2012
This said Lion escaped from yankari reserves,
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by tpia5: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2012
DO NOT RUN because a Lion instinctively sees you as prey because you will be showing the lion your back (your back neck especially). You also can't outrun a lion, Stare and make a sudden noise instead and you might have a chance.

its damned if you do and damned if you dont.

i doubt it matters to a lion if you're standing or sitting.

best bet is to say your prayers.

if its not your time yet then that's when shouting or sudden noises might work.

staring a lion in the face? Doesnt sound good to me.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 9:28pm On Feb 21, 2012
Never look a wild animal in the eye. . .
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Afam4eva(m): 9:30pm On Feb 21, 2012
I've also heard that starring at a lion eyeball to eyeball chases the lion away, but who has the liver to do that. You don see lion face before? Only Obasanjo can pull off that stunt. Your best bet will be to run towards the lion to put yourself out of the mysery.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 21, 2012
Are the herders herding cattle? because i find it hard to belive one lion will kill two human beings and 30 cows at the same time. hmm
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by phuckNL: 9:43pm On Feb 21, 2012
Lions fear humans. They don't understand us. A lion will attack you if it senses fear. IF you are in an open space, you cant outrun the lion anyway.
Stare it in the eye. Take bold steps forward and make arrghh sounds. THe lion will step back. If sand is nearby, pack enough in your pocket. All you need is one splash on the lions face and it will run away. They don't like sand because its hard to clear out their eyes, No be joke oo, This was passed down from generations of hunters that used to kill lions to show strenght in ancient yoruba land.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by lepasharon(f): 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2012
reminds me of that film the ghost and the darkness undecided
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by 76Naira(m): 9:56pm On Feb 21, 2012
phuck_NL:

Lions fear humans. They don't understand us. A lion will attack you if it senses fear. IF you are in an open space, you cant outrun the lion anyway.
Stare it in the eye. Take bold steps forward and make arrghh sounds. THe lion will step back. If sand is nearby, pack enough in your pocket. All you need is one splash on the lions face and it will run away. They don't like sand because its hard to clear out their eyes, No be joke oo,  This was passed down from generations of hunters that used to kill lions to show strenght in ancient yoruba land.

Hehehehe. grin grin grin grin grin Abeg no kill me with laf ooo!!! Lion dey hungry you dey do arrghhhh! I pity you plenty.
Is this from experience? I bet you; if you stand 3 meters from a hungry Lion, your chest will feel too heavy even for a normal breath.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by tpia5: 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2012
Lion dey hungry you dey do arrghhhh!

afi arrgghhh na.

what's arrgghh compared to a lion's roar i wonder.

maybe the sand in the eye thing might work, maybe it wont.

that's if you have time or presence of mind to gather sand when a lion is standing in front of you?
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by 76Naira(m): 10:07pm On Feb 21, 2012
[that's if you have time or presence of mind to gather sand when a lion is standing in front of you[quote][/quote]

@tpia, I love your choice of words, Hehehe,  presence of mind! That is the real meat in the jist.

Presence of mind!! How does one maintain that before that killing machine & its freaking roar? Mennnn!!!

Arghhhhh!!!, I laugh plenty again, ROTFL really hard.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 21, 2012
Another reason why everyone gotta pack heat.

Mountain lions / cougars were very common in the old yankee cowboy days.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by funshint(m): 10:44pm On Feb 21, 2012
Really once a lion or anyother animal tastes human blood, d best thing to do is to kill it. Don't even think about taming or conserving it; dat could be a very dangerous decision. They must find dat lion as quickly as possible and it must be killed! It also really amazes me hw ignorant sum people are. There are wild lions in some places in Nigeria especially in d core North. Infact d lion might hv cum 4rm neighbouring countries like Chad or Niger.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 11:13pm On Feb 21, 2012
tpia@:

its damned if you do and damned if you dont.

i doubt it matters to a lion if you're standing or sitting.

best bet is to say your prayers.

if its not your time yet then that's when shouting or sudden noises might work.

staring a lion in the face? Doesnt sound good to me.

@tpia, watch dis youtube clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBpu4DAvwI8&feature=related
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by sylve11: 11:14pm On Feb 21, 2012
phuck_NL:

Stare it in the eye. Take bold steps forward and make arrghh sounds. THe lion will step back. If sand is nearby, pack enough in your pocket. All you need is one splash on the lions face and it will run away. They don't like sand because its hard to clear out their eyes, No be joke oo,  This was passed down from generations of hunters that used to kill lions to show strenght in ancient yoruba land.

lol! wetin be this guy own na? grin grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 21, 2012
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by ocelot2006(m): 12:23am On Feb 22, 2012
Ghost and Darkness in Yobe.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by tpia5: 5:06am On Feb 22, 2012
obo_man:

@tpia, watch dis youtube clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBpu4DAvwI8&feature=related

i'm a bit wary of internet videos and photos since a significant number arent what they profess to be, but the lions in your video had fed before being approached by the masai.

anyway, i have this book about safari hunters in eastern africa and it says a lot about the danger of wild lions.

are you sure the lions in the video are wild?
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by pendo89(f): 6:20am On Feb 22, 2012
lol Tpia,
I have seen that clip before and its as real as it gets. Each masai moran fyi must kill a lion as part of initiation into adulthood!! Its culture and a must or else you dont graduate into a moran which means u dont get a wife from the community.
Trust me those guys compete with lions for grazing land and a lion wold rather face a cow than a masai. They know them very well.
But if you dare go there as tpia and try acting masai ul be ripped in seconds.Theres a look on their face and some bravery that scares the poo out of lions.

Did somebody say arrggh ? grin  when a lion's roar makes a gazelle fall? If it roars you get seizures!! and heart attack,no time to pick sand!
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by rabzy: 7:53am On Feb 22, 2012
The arrrrgh thing could work for those wey don use jaz die like those ancient hunters she was talking about. Then for those who went out to hunt for a lion, their state of mind is already conditioned for the hunt and they are already experienced in the trade. So the arrrgh thing, the eye-balling.

But i no gree for the sand thing, except if on seeing you picking the sand the lion goes away knowing your intention, but if a lion is in motion, its 3 feet away and its about to pounce on you, you are already a goner, even if the sand gets into his eyes, just one blow from his paws or a head-butt will knock you out flat with some some broken parts.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by rabzy: 7:58am On Feb 22, 2012
pendo89:

Trust me those guys compete with lions for grazing land and a lion wold rather face a cow than a masai. They know them very well.
But if you dare go there as tpia and try acting masai ul be ripped in seconds.Theres a look on their face and some bravery that scares the poo out of lions.

How many Masai lion don chop? make we leave story, Lion no get camera to show wen e dey chop masai. We will always celebrate the Hunter's victory not that of the animal.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by okosodo: 8:00am On Feb 22, 2012
One lion can not kill 30 cows even in two week, even in enjoyment level

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' / KWASU Student, Jimoh Abdulmueez Declared Missing (Photo) / SUG Pres. Of FUTA, Adeyemi & Sch. of Midwifery Involved In An Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.