Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,149 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:42 AM

Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe (15865 Views)

Native Doctor Kills Two Brothers Seeking Bullet-proof Protection (pictured) / Driver Kills Two Policemen In Benue / Cultists On The Rampage: Viewers Discretion Advised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by UyiIredia(m): 3:24pm On Feb 21, 2012
na wa o !
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2012
saxywale:

Lions are all over sub Saharan Africa, they are just very rare in some parts.

Please educate me.

NaGeo should be wrong on this one.

Remember the context is west Africa
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by supereagle(m): 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2012
Those herds men do not av the courage of David in the bible, as a young boy , he killed a lion and a bear.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by atasteve: 3:28pm On Feb 21, 2012
Pls bring this predator to captivity. Rip to those that are killed.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by moshoodn(m): 3:30pm On Feb 21, 2012
victorazy:

The Lion must have come from Zulu kingdom all the way from South Africa.
hnmmmmmm. . . thoughtful.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by moshoodn(m): 3:32pm On Feb 21, 2012
supereagle:

Those herds men do not av the courage of David in the bible, as a young boy , he killed a lion and a bear.
times have changed bro.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by amtheone(m): 3:35pm On Feb 21, 2012
*dhtml:

Nonsense, are there no able-bodied men there that can kill the lion? I can, let them deploy me there jor -  SMH

Guy eno easy like that. U have to be trained to face wild beast otherwise ur life is gone.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by moshoodn(m): 3:40pm On Feb 21, 2012
Ranks007:

No brother I don't think so.

West Africa is blessed with a handful of Cheetahs, Leopards and a very few members of the cat family apart from lions and tigers.

Try and conceive the fact that the folks supplying the news from the village settlement, I suspect should be consciously unaware of the particular cat.

you sure have a valid point there.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Bertbert: 3:42pm On Feb 21, 2012
That is called a BOKO LION grin grin grin
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by 4teelaw(f): 3:45pm On Feb 21, 2012
saxywale:

Seems you are talking from experience Miss Zoologist.  grin

which one eating humans or being deflowered and mr saxxywale educate yourself by reading oor researching
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 21, 2012
Bertbert:

That is called a BOKO LION grin grin grin

I fit laff, abeg grin grin grin grin

moshoodn:

you sure have a valid point there.

my thumb in the air cheesy
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by 4teelaw(f): 3:56pm On Feb 21, 2012
I visited kainji lake park 6years ago, didn't get to see the Lions but the park guards make us understand that the males are usually found basking under trees lazying, bt if you ever come across a female don't turn your back and run, just stare right into the lioness's eyes walking backward boldly. But who the hell would come across a lion and not run?! Like seriously?
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by aykay47: 3:57pm On Feb 21, 2012
This is not alarming in the midst of these crises(bombardments) we are in.The lion is far better than them BOKO dudes. grin grin grin, Hunt these BOKO dudes and thousands will sieze to die;capture this cat alive and put it in the zoo(or where ever you wanna put it), for tourists to come and see n take one or two shots. this will fetch money for the state, i believe.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2012
Ranks007:

Please educate me.

NaGeo should be wrong on this one.

Remember the context is west Africa

yes, natgeo is wrong on that one, that's why we have the internet, read up on    en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_African_lion
there are lions in west Africa, though they are endangered, the roam from Senegal to central African republic. they are also distinct in looks from the eastern and southern African lions. in Nigeria, there are about 39 that can still be accounted for, there is a population in cameroun has well. Read it up and gain more knowledge bro.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by 4teelaw(f): 4:09pm On Feb 21, 2012
saxywale:

yes, natgeo is wrong on that one, that's why we have the internet, read up on en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_African_lion
there are lions in west Africa, though they are endangered, the roam from Senegal to central African republic. they are also distinct in looks from the eastern and southern African lions. in Nigeria, there are about 39 that can still be accounted for, there is a population in cameroun has well. Read it up and gain more knowledge bro.

saxywale, educate yourself on the reason why animals that kill and eat a human has to die
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 4:19pm On Feb 21, 2012
4teelaw:

which one eating humans or being deflowered and mr saxxywale educate yourself by reading oor researching

I was talking bout the latter my sister.lol
you are right, some wild west African lions are being protected in kainji and yankari. There are similar parks in Cameroun, Niger and Benin republic. The believe is that there are more west African lions in the wild that are not accounted for.

I never disputed the fact that animals, that taste human blood are put to sleep. Even in Britain and m sure other developed parts of the world, dogs that mauls or attack people are put to sleep.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by oiseworld: 4:21pm On Feb 21, 2012
cold:

What's all this talk about human blood & the craving for it?Lions by nature are carnivorous,it's only natural for them to prey on flesh not grass hence the attack on humans.It has absolutely nothing to do with human blood.Stop spreading bs

oga u are wrong there. Lions are used to their four legged animals so they don't see humans as food. Dats why its an animal.
But once it tastes human blood it craves for more. Humans are not as airy as the animals, so sweet blood + nice flesh= oliver twist.

D u see the zoologist side of argument. The lion should be killed simple.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 21, 2012
saxywale:

yes, natgeo is wrong on that one, that's why we have the internet, read up on    en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_African_lion

For the benefit of doubt I let it go, but to justify my way of arguing I will put it this way;

which institution can we trust most on this animal issue;

Wikipedia - Famously acclaimed for their encyclopedic work on the internet

Information are sometimes fed from outdated references!

OR

NaGeo - The Planet's No 1 resource for animal around the globe.

Solely their work.

Can you beat that?
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2012
depends on how you use Wikipedia. The references on that topic are strong and some as early as 2011!

I stopped watching natgeo a longtime ago has they have limited information on wildlife and I also realised there where more information on the WWW - a diverse source than natgeo - a single organization.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by 76Naira(m): 4:36pm On Feb 21, 2012
Where is Boko Haram when their people need them?
They need to come & stop these Boko Lions.
This is down to earth. No western education inside this matter. man vs Lion, face to face.

Hehehehe.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by oiseworld: 4:42pm On Feb 21, 2012
76Naira:

Where is Boko Haram when their people need them?
They need to come & stop these Boko Lions.
This is down to earth. No western education inside this matter. man vs Lion, face to face.

Hehehehe.

abeg no kill me with laugh
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2012
Its probably a werewolf. a Chadian werewolf in yobe.
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by bigsean(m): 4:53pm On Feb 21, 2012
Lions in nigeria
Ok, seriously i dont know if there are lions in nigeria
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by 76Naira(m): 5:05pm On Feb 21, 2012
big_sean:

Lions in nigeria
Ok, seriously i dont know if there are lions in nigeria

Yes there are. look at the link below. I t will help with the geography.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nigeria_veg_1979.jpg

You will find them predominantly in the parts of the short grass Savanna & some marginal parts of the tall grass Savanna that are far from settlements. Also check the links below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mammals_of_Nigeria
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by 4teelaw(f): 5:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
saxywale:

I was talking bout the latter my sister.lol
you are right, some wild west African lions are being protected in kainji and yankari. There are similar parks in Cameroun, Niger and Benin republic. The believe is that there are more west African lions in the wild that are not accounted for.

I never disputed the fact that animals, that taste human blood are put to sleep. Even in Britain and m sure other developed parts of the world, dogs that mauls or attack people are put to sleep.

about the latter, my  grin said it all.

@oiseworld thank you oo jere! tell mr. cool cold tongue
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Bright2(m): 5:15pm On Feb 21, 2012
Every negative things that happens in the North this days must be associated with Boko Haram & i suspected this must be Boko lion on duty grin
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by born2boink(m): 5:20pm On Feb 21, 2012
Na north Boko haram go dey,Na north Lion go dey, everything , north north north
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by publisher(m): 5:39pm On Feb 21, 2012
A lot of folks dont even know that in Ore,very close to Lagos there's an Elephant village where elephants roam free. Nigeria has interesting wild life diversity but we have just refused to invest in eco-tourism
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by saintneo(m): 5:41pm On Feb 21, 2012
amtheone:

Guy eno easy like that. U have to be trained to face wild beast otherwise ur life is gone.
no mind the guy. dhtml thinks, to kill a lion is as easy as developing codes,
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by Coefficient(m): 6:06pm On Feb 21, 2012
Na wa 4 dis north oh, anyway, we need more Lions in Maiduguri to help combat dese Boko surge bt make dem no come down south sha, lol
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by begwong: 6:13pm On Feb 21, 2012
what do you expect when most of the villages and towns have turned to ghost towns due to boko haram insurgents?
Re: Lion On Rampage, Kills Two In Yobe by fcdalatu: 6:25pm On Feb 21, 2012
Boko Boys have claimed responsiblity for this, and have promised to send 1000 to ABJ, specifically Aso rocki as the main target.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Narrates How LRU Saved Him After Area Boys Demanded N20k 'Owolle' / Children, Others Fleeing Bandits’ Attack Drown In Niger / Lagos Police Arrests POS Robber And Fake Police Sergeant With Indian Hemp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.