Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister (2442 Views)

My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? / My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... / I'm Sleeping With My Brother In Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by Baba1010: 1:32am On Feb 22, 2012
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by moremi2008(m): 1:48am On Feb 22, 2012
Your sister made a terrible mistake but she is a full adult and she must pay the price for her foolishness otherwise she will never learn. There is nothing for you or your family to do here but to wait until he officially kicks her out or he moves out himself. It is only then that you can start helping your sister put her life back together. I wouldn't worry about his threat to keep the baby because he sounds like an irresponsible man with an irresponsible family (pretty sure the last thing he wants is to be saddled with a baby girl). He clearly sees your sister as a path to riches and visa and you as a family must make sure you don't allow yourselves to be used. He will run out of tricks to extort you soon and then move on to his next victim. My only fear is that he doesn't harm your sister before he finally moves on.

What to do? Just wait and pray. Let your sister know that you guys are willing to step in the moment she feels that she or her baby are in danger and wants to move out but that you won't lift a finger to help as long as she is still married to him. Nothing much else you can do.
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by Basics007: 7:29am On Feb 22, 2012
Was your sister so desperate to marry in the first place? Anyway it has happened.
I think your sister should move out regardless of what your dad says. Or maybe you need to send people to your dad to reason with him. This guy has clearly shown who he is and he doesnt look like he'll change anytime soon.
Instead of sendin the ungrateful fella abroad why dont your parents send your sister abroad. Would be better for her
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by eddy1977(m): 8:12am On Feb 22, 2012
your family must kiddnap your sister before this lunatic hurts her.dont reason with your sister;she may not see the logic behind your involvement in her affairs.
as soon as your have kiddnaped both your sister and niece,help them to leave the country.since your family paid the hospital bills during his admission,you shouldnt pay back the dowry.

I ll keep you in my prayers.God bless
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by cindylee: 8:56am On Feb 22, 2012
Does your sister see anything wrong with it and if she does, is she crying for help or just complaining? Until she cries for help and says she needs a divorce before your family can step in. She has to learn her lesson herself so she does not blame the family later in the future if she remains single afterwards or things don't go according to plan. But your family still has to monitor the situation before it gets out of hand and lose a child. And again, one penny should not be given to the guy. Only your sister should get whatever money your family wants to send.

BTW your sister too rush abeg!
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by feminineA: 9:14am On Feb 22, 2012
I hope this guy doesn't abuse your sister physically?if not then let her stay in the marriage with all the necessary regret she can absorb.I always say it marriage should not be rushed into irrespective of the reason. Now she's regretting but its a bit late. I agree with your dad concerning her staying so far he is not beating her. Concerning his bluff am sure you guyz are not taken him serious.please tell your sister to concentrate her attention to her daughter who is her joy and avoid getting pregnant again till she is sure she wants to live the rest of her life with the man.however as a xtain will advise you pray for her that the Lord will calm every storm.
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by mutter(f): 10:50am On Feb 22, 2012
Why did your family take care of the bill for two months
You all are quite gullible. Do you think his people would not have come up with the money You all are enabling this man.
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by ifyalways(f): 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2012
All you guys that paid for the wedding are enablers.

Question is:What does your sister want now?She's still in love,wants to stay and work in her marriage or she is ready to leave undecided You can't do much if she's not ready to co-operate.You guys have more than enough evidence to get your sister and child out of the marriage,you only need a good lawyer.
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by Nobody: 3:12pm On Feb 22, 2012
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by recruitmnt: 3:32pm On Feb 22, 2012
Poor girl sad
Foolish boy angry
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 22, 2012
Chei, who knew all I had to do was get pregnant and my family will 'dive in' and sponsor my wedding. undecided Hubby and I would have used the money we spent to buy a 2011 sports range! cool cool

My MIL is stuck taking care of her first son, his wife and their 4 kids! She complained to me about it and I just told her to stop complaining . . . she spoilt him! If a man/woman knows his/her family will ALWAYS be there to take care of them, why should they give themselves unecessary wahala?

That being said, your sister is desperate . , no offence! Which kain by force marriage be that one? I hope she will be very glad dying as a 'mrs'! cool
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by Baba1010: 9:48pm On Feb 22, 2012
Thanks to all for the comments.

My Sis is the only girl-child in the family and you can imagine how the parents will want the best for her so all the expenses were been sorted out based on the fact that the husband claimed not to have the funds and the best  thing parents can do is to at least treat their son-in-law the same way they would treat their daughter. 

She has however made up her mind to opt out of the marriage today after the husband came home smoking weed in their living room. She has moved out ds evening with the daughter to a temporary apartment while the police will be involved tmrw morning to ensure the husband sign some statements that nothing must happen to her, the child and other members of the wife's family as his target was the little funds he thinks the family has.

mutter:

Why did your family take care of the bill for two months
You all are quite gullible shocked. Do you think his people would not have come up with the money You all are enabling this man.
Hey Mutter, I hope the little note above explains why you think we were all gullible. How else do you want your in laws to treat you other than the way they treat their son/daughter.
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by moremi2008(m): 10:43pm On Feb 22, 2012
Baba1010:

Thanks to all for the comments.

My Sis is the only girl-child in the family and you can imagine how the parents will want the best for her so all the expenses were been sorted out based on the fact that the husband claimed not to have the funds and the best  thing parents can do is to at least treat their son-in-law the same way they would treat their daughter. 

She has however made up her mind to opt out of the marriage today after the husband came home smoking weed in their living room. She has moved out ds evening with the daughter to a temporary apartment while the police will be involved tmrw morning to ensure the husband sign some statements that nothing must happen to her, the child and other members of the wife's family as his target was the little funds he thinks the family has.
Hey Mutter, I hope the little note above explains why you think we were all gullible. How else do you want your in laws to treat you other than the way they treat their son/daughter.

Now that she has moved out, then you guys can begin to help her rebuild her life. If possible, just move her abroad. Her husband sounds mentally unstable and dangerous.
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 22, 2012
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by Ivynwa(f): 2:29am On Feb 23, 2012
Baba1010:

Hi Guys,  this is our story oo.

My Sis showed up with a guy (now her husband) around late 2010 which everyone in the house was kinda against cos we all didn't need a prophet to tell us the kind of guy he is (talk of first impression). A month later she came out straight that she's already some months pregnant for the guy, guess they both had to use pregnancy as the way out as everyone was against her starting a relationship with the guy not to talk of them getting married.  Our parents are Christians and they try as much as possible to lead us aright in every situation, but they were however begged into arranging a traditional wedding for the two of them cos of the pregnancy. This wedding was 99% funded by my parents.

The husband had a ghastly accident (cranial fracture, internal bleeding and all sorts) after leaving one of his girlfriends place buh momc was called upon being a nurse. His hospital bills, other expenses & were duly taken care of by our family as his family members deserted him due to lack of funds. He stayed in the hospital for two months and his survival was a testimony though.

However, he has started showing his true colour without remembering what my family had gone through all because he married my sister.

1.) [b]He claimed not to have money during his wife's labour (This guys works with a Top Naija bank). All hospital expenses taken care of by momc.

2.) He claimed to have been a christian from childhood but was born by Muslim parents. His new rule now his that his wife must not attend church again and must convert to Islam.

3.) Threatened to send my sister packing claiming he married her for her parents money and her parents are not spending the money on him as he thought (My parents are ordinary civil servants for crying out loud)

4.) Also threatened to send her packing if my Uncle or myself do not send him an invitation to US or Canada where we reside.

5.) Wants my sister packing and he wants to be in [[/b]b]possession of their 1 year daughter between them[/b].

There are other witty details to the few issues I have raised above. I also believe my sister was gullible to take him hook line and sinker despite the family's stand against her getting married to him but I know she's already regretting her mistakes. We cannot neglect her in this though, the marriage is just 1 year and few months old now. Its too early for this kind of rancor to occur between them, the way the whole situation is going now, it seems divorce might be the only way out but popc is kinda adamant that she must stay with her husband and she mustn't move out unless her husband takes her property out himself cos she was sternly warned before venturing into it.

I would want fellow nairalanders to suggest advice for us to get out of this mess.

WHAT AM I HEARING HERE?
Are all these real or were you merely painting dude up?
If these rotten behaviours were being exhibited by a human being, what is your sister still doing there?
Does your family want her married and dead or single and alive? WT*.
He survived Cranial fracture and instead of being thankful was maltreating a woman and being devilish.
This is so unbelievable, am I the only one amazed at this level of rottenness in a human being?
Dey never born the man who will table out these rubbish ultimatums for me. God forbid evil things and abominations. Tufiakwa!
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by Ivynwa(f): 2:36am On Feb 23, 2012
Oh just read that your sister has left that monstrous man.
Was wondering how you guys can leave your beloved sister with the devil himself? Jeez.
The statement signing is a good move, if possible your sister should be relocated out of his sight for a while because
that man is too dangerous to hover around her after their break up. WT*
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by Nobody: 2:56am On Feb 23, 2012
Send her abroad, she can file for a divorce there. Take her and her child out of the country, that way they are safe
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 23, 2012
Baba1010:

My Sis showed up with a guy (now her husband) around late 2010 which everyone in the house was kinda against cos we all didn't need a prophet to tell us the kind of guy he is (talk of first impression). A month later she came out straight that she's already some months pregnant for the guy, guess they both had to use pregnancy as the way out as everyone was against her starting a relationship with the guy not to talk of them getting married.  Our parents are Christians and they try as much as possible to lead us aright in every situation, but they were however begged into arranging a traditional wedding for the two of them cos of the pregnancy. This wedding was 99% funded by my parents.

The husband had a ghastly accident (cranial fracture, internal bleeding and all sorts) after leaving one of his girlfriends place buh momc was called upon being a nurse. His hospital bills, other expenses & were duly taken care of by our family as his family members deserted him due to lack of funds. He stayed in the hospital for two months and his survival was a testimony though.

However, he has started showing his true colour without remembering what my family had gone through all because he married my sister.

1.) He claimed not to have money during his wife's labour (This guys works with a Top Naija bank). All hospital expenses taken care of by momc.

2.) He claimed to have been a christian from childhood but was born by Muslim parents. His new rule now his that his wife must not attend church again and must convert to Islam.

3.) Threatened to send my sister packing claiming he married her for her parents money and her parents are not spending the money on him as he thought (My parents are ordinary civil servants for crying out loud)

4.) Also threatened to send her packing if my Uncle or myself do not send him an invitation to US or Canada where we reside.

5.) Wants my sister packing and he wants to be in possession of their 1 year daughter between them.

There are other witty details to the few issues I have raised above. I also believe my sister was gullible to take him hook line and sinker despite the family's stand against her getting married to him but I know she's already regretting her mistakes. We cannot neglect her in this though, the marriage is just 1 year and few months old now. Its too early for this kind of rancor to occur between them, the way the whole situation is going now, it seems divorce might be the only way out but popc is kinda adamant that she must stay with her husband and she mustn't move out unless her husband takes her property out himself cos she was sternly warned before venturing into it.

I would want fellow nairalanders to suggest advice for us to get out of this mess.

Hmmnn!
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by ronkebp(f): 4:51pm On Feb 23, 2012
^^^^^^^ undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2012
^^^^
Hmmnn?
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by Outstrip(f): 6:46pm On Feb 23, 2012
I might seem mean but my opinion is that this girl was so over sheltered by her parents that she honestly has no mind of her own. first she got pregnant because at the end of the day she could not stand up to her parents to say she would marry the man. She decided to use her pregnancy. The man turned out to be totally useless and at the end of the day it is still daddy and mummy that are trying to figure out her life for her. The only thing I would say and only because of the child is to see if you get her out of the country. If she gets a chance to get out all of you should get the heck out of her life and let her make her good and bad decisions on her own
Re: Crazy Brother In Law & My Gullible Sister by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 23, 2012
Baba1010:

1.) He claimed not to have money during his wife's labour (This guys works with a Top Naija bank). All hospital expenses taken care of by momc.

5.) Wants my sister packing and he wants to be in possession of their 1 year daughter between them.

wahala dey o.

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Understand...... / 10 Bizarre Treatments Doctors Used To Think Were Legit / See The GIANT Python,my Roomie Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.