Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,162 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Redemption Song: Bob Marley's Journey From Rasta To Believer In Jesus Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Redemption Song: Bob Marley's Journey From Rasta To Believer In Jesus Christ (1094 Views)

How The World's Most Notorious Atheist Became A Believer In God / Clothing And The Believer In A 'Modern World' / Redemption Song: Bob Marley’s Journey From Rasta To Believer In Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Redemption Song: Bob Marley's Journey From Rasta To Believer In Jesus Christ by AOmega: 12:55pm On Feb 22, 2012
February 6th marked what would have been the 67th birthday of Jamaican reggae legend Bob Marley, widely considered one of the greatest and most influential musicians of all time. Marley, who hailed from a lower class area of Kingston, the capital city of Jamaica, saw his rise to prominence in the 1970′s with a musical group known as The Wailers, with their new brand of Jamaican ska music and reggae. His album, Legend, released 3 years after his death, is still the greatest-selling reggae album of all time. In addition to turning reggae into a global music phenomenon, Marley was also the chief promoter of the Rastafarian religion worldwide. While he is famous for his dreadlocks, Rastafarian ethic and signature voice, what very few know is that Marley converted to Christianity over one year before his death.

Full Story:

http://beginningandend.com/bob-marley-rasta-believer-jesus-christ/
Re: Redemption Song: Bob Marley's Journey From Rasta To Believer In Jesus Christ by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 22, 2012
Thanks @A-Omega for posting this.

I was a fan of him and i usually weep comming to think he might not have made heaven.
Now i have a peace of mind, not only that i also understand better now some of the message
he sent across and why.

Listening to him was very full of inspiration, but knowing the meaning of a song is very important.

Stay blessed brother
Re: Redemption Song: Bob Marley's Journey From Rasta To Believer In Jesus Christ by AOmega: 11:29am On Feb 23, 2012
No problem East. It's a great story. God is good!

(1) (Reply)

My Friend Is Smoking Weed With Bible Pages,is He Goin 2 Be Mad? / Is The Biochip The Mark Of The Beast? / Down's Syndrome Christian Girl', 11, Faces Death Penalty For Desecrating Koran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.