Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,101 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? (5512 Views)

What Do You Think About Nigeria Having An Association Controlling Blogging / See. What This Website Said About Nigeria In Their Article About Internet Users / About Internet Fraud. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by paschu: 3:17pm On Feb 22, 2012
To me all GSM ISP are GLORIFIED CROOKS, embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by mkmyers45(m): 3:49pm On Feb 22, 2012
is it only GLO? why are you surprised? abi you just come back from panya?
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by stepo707: 3:57pm On Feb 22, 2012
Na wa oh.Every one is just scamming everyone.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Demdem(m): 4:08pm On Feb 22, 2012
The regulatory authorities should be blamed IMO. These advance payment of a thing is crap. why not pay as u consume data. These guys needs to wake up honestly.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by KejiOJ(m): 4:21pm On Feb 22, 2012
No be there fault , Na privatization cause all these silly tariff
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by supaeagles(m): 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2012
wireless internet technology has it's limitations.
for bandwidth intensive applications like video etc, wired technology like fiber-optics, cable to the home, etc is a viable option. Unfortunately such infrastructure does not exisit in 9ja , yet.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by millionbuc(m): 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2012
Glo netpro is trying sha, especially when you stay in special spot, attach the USB cable to the modem and keep twicking the USB cable each time the service hangs.
They say it has a speed of 7mb the max mine has ever went is 2mb. meanwhile in Japan a fiber optic has just been tested that can transport the eqiuvalent of 200million movies in one second. can you imagine.

http://5slate..com/2012/02/xoxo-chris-brown-and-rihanna-reunite.html
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by JAZES(m): 4:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
They are all d same jor.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Feb 22, 2012
I taught Glo once mentioned somfin about Fiber Optic ,  
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Harbb: 4:45pm On Feb 22, 2012
That is where wireless Internet has it's limitation. In the UK for example, BT provides Internet services at home. Very effective and affordable. If NITEL was wasn't sold? That's where it would have bridged the gap.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 22, 2012
Internet too expensive and poor in Nigeria
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2012
Most of these people in public offices are illiterates so dont be surprised if they cant deliver

imagine one of them congratulating GEJ for bringing facebook to Nigeria.
what else do you expect?

all they know is "this internet is fast" they have no idea what mbps means so dont blame them.
lets pray God intervenes.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 22, 2012
like someone mentioned above, they are all scammers. the funny thing is that the Telco keep shouting broadband. I use a broadband in the UK and the difference is clear. naija broadband is not even close to the gprs in the UK.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Feb 22, 2012
except glo netpro

but they still dont have strong signals in most areas
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by laCapri: 5:25pm On Feb 22, 2012
The most annoying aspect is that they are damn too expensive.
I wonder what d regulatory body is doing about this.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by GboyegaD(m): 5:31pm On Feb 22, 2012
Until sometimes last year, I used to think our service providers in Nigeria were the doing too good but now I know better that they are all scam. I have never experiences a link as fast as I experience now. Everything comes up at a click and almost every house has wireless connection and they are cheap compared to earnings here.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by franko2: 5:42pm On Feb 22, 2012
It can be quite annoying when those who dont know anything, go ahead and pronounce guilt, conveniently ignoring there own ignorance!

Anywhere you go where you have truly "fast" internet connection, it has to be broadband which is primarily delivered by "cable" aka fibre-optics networks. In other words, they must have cables (as in electric-type telecommunications cables) dug usually underneath the earth, which would have direct links (usually by sea) with the outernational.

In Nigeria, all we have is 'wireless', which basically is bounced off your mobile telecom masts. There is a limit to what these can do. Anywhere in the world, where you rely only on your wifi (from your mobile phone) to power the internet, you get terrible sppeds at very high and uneconomically astronomical costs.

So guys, make una chill abeg, talk sense. With this level of poor education and ignorance masquerading as information, no wonder Nigeria is in the pits.

Mtschew!!

PS

Make una curse tire, una internet spped no go increase. NO NITEL or NO GLO or NO FIBREOPTICs = NO FAST INTERNET!!!!
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by JUO(m): 5:43pm On Feb 22, 2012
lol, my brothers
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Feb 22, 2012
Internet service over here in PH is next to frustrating. Throughout yesterday, a bright sunny morning and afternoon, there was no internet service in all the cafes from waterline down to mile 1.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by IbroSaunks(m): 6:02pm On Feb 22, 2012
bulls#it! arses all of em!
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Yeske2(m): 6:16pm On Feb 22, 2012
Etisalat does it for me, can watch YouTube videos with no glitch, download videos and fast too.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Sweatshirt: 6:44pm On Feb 22, 2012
franko!:

It can be quite annoying when those who dont know anything, go ahead and pronounce guilt, conveniently ignoring there own ignorance!

Anywhere you go where you have truly "fast" internet connection, it has to be broadband which is primarily delivered by "cable" aka fibre-optics networks. In other words, they must have cables (as in electric-type telecommunications cables) dug usually underneath the earth, which would have direct links (usually by sea) with the outernational.

In Nigeria, all we have is 'wireless', which basically is bounced off your mobile telecom masts. There is a limit to what these can do. Anywhere in the world, where you rely only on your wifi (from your mobile phone) to power the internet, you get terrible sppeds at very high and uneconomically astronomical costs.

So guys, make una chill abeg, talk sense. With this level of poor education and ignorance masquerading as information, no wonder Nigeria is in the pits.

Mtschew!!

PS

Make una curse tire, una internet spped no go increase. NO NITEL or NO GLO or NO FIBREOPTICs = NO FAST INTERNET!!!!

What do you mean?

My HTC Sensation is is extremely fast. It's actually as fast as my broadband, so what are you talking about?

My HTC is capable of hitting download speeds of 14.4 Mbps (1.8 mb/s) on a 3G network, not Wifi but 3G

So it actually has nothing to do with wether it's wireless or not. Smarty pants. I'm in England so this proves Nigeria sucks when it comes to these things.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by donchucky21(m): 7:04pm On Feb 22, 2012
Yeske!:

Etisalat does it for me, can watch YouTube videos with no glitch, download videos and fast too.
Sweatshirt:

What do you mean?

My HTC Sensation is is extremely fast. It's actually as fast as my broadband, so what are you talking about?

My HTC is capable of hitting download speeds of 14.4 Mbps (1.8 mb/s) on a 3G network, not Wifi but 3G

So it actually has nothing to do with wether it's wireless or not. Smarty pants. I'm in England so this proves Nigeria sucks when it comes to these things.
abeg tell am make e undastand jor,
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by joelala(m): 7:06pm On Feb 22, 2012
swift 4G isnt a bad network. guys might wanna give it a shot. smiley
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by omoghana22: 7:32pm On Feb 22, 2012
there is no 4g network in nigeria, they are all scam. even the so called 3g is not yet there, do you know the download kbps of 3g network? this is bullship, internet in ghana is far better and cheaper than what is offering to us here. glo will be making noise with fibre optic, is that the speed of fibre optic? go and test the vodacom internet in ghana. nigeria , nothing is working. blame the ncc.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by prefers555: 7:40pm On Feb 22, 2012
Guys, make una wise up. Our leaders sold NITEL that would have provided internet at fibre optic speed 4 peanuts thinking of their pockets alone. They actually did the telcos a favor. The telcos deploy wireless broadband (be it wimax, 3gpp, 3g bla bla bla) within months of procuring licenses, creating the impression that we enjoy full blown internet service. Mention DSL and the telcos will freak out cause they just dont have the capacity to deploy such technology. Such technologies can only be deployed with fibre optic rings all over our cities (offcourse these requires huge financial investments). Who will make these sacrifices!!! Your answer is as good as mine: federal govt should invest billions of dollars lying idle in the so called foreign reserve in this sector for the sake of the youths of the country who are thirsty for high speed. This is the common practice worldwide. IF ONLY OUR POLITICIANS KNOW BETTER!!!!. THE NITEL THEY SOLD 4 PEANUTS WAS OUR TREASURED INHERITANCE.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 22, 2012
They are all capitalists. Our money is all they want.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Feb 22, 2012
@prefers555, u are on point. it took the technician from virgin broadband just bout 4minutes to connect my apartment. He came in, searched for the fibre optic outlet, connected the router and wireless, gave me the default wireless password and that was it, anywhere in my house, be it the kitchen, toilet or on the balcony with friends, my laptop/HTC phone hits over 20mbps of unlimited download all for 20 pounds per month. I think the missing link is nitel, they had the backbone.

Even the 3g on my phone hits over 2mbps when I am away from home. The etisalat easyblaze broadband I use in Nigeria hardly hits 50kbps and its freeging expensive, very pathetic.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 22, 2012
@prefers555, u are on point. it took the technician from virgin broadband just bout 4minutes to connect my apartment. He came in, searched for the fibre optic outlet, connected the router and wireless, gave me the default wireless password and that was it, anywhere in my house, be it the kitchen, toilet or on the balcony with friends, my laptop/HTC phone hits over 20mbps of unlimited download all for 20 pounds per month. I think the missing link is nitel, they had the backbone.

Even the 3g on my phone hits over 2mbps when I am away from home. The etisalat easyblaze broadband I use in Nigeria hardly hits 50kbps and its freeging expensive, very pathetic.
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 22, 2012
Internet service is slow and expensive the highest download rate i can get on my phone is 20KB/S very slow. Few places has 3.5g network
Re: What Do You Think About Internet Service In Nigeria? by Oluwa4Sure: 9:03pm On Feb 22, 2012
The Cash They Would Have Used To Give Us HIGH SPEED INTERNET SERVICE
Is Used To Buy Diesel To Power The Little Dey Can Provide!!
So Understand grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Practical Tips To Start An Entertainment Website In Nigeria As A Beginner / Gym Quotes / Facebook Groups available for sale cheap 750k, 350k .. Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.