Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

The Day Thieves Raided My House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Day Thieves Raided My House (3047 Views)

Should I Help Her Or Chase Her Out Of My House? / Help, A Married Woman Refuses To Leave My House, How Can I Send Her Away? / Nigerian Men & 'Come To My House' Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Day Thieves Raided My House by bigchief3: 7:27pm On Feb 22, 2012
We were taken completely unawares. The boys, having already seized the gateman and the female corper in our Bq, roamed the house seeking a way in. At that moment my mother make a fatal mistake - she asked the help to go and pump water outside. I still relive the horror of what happened next,

http://deepscribbler..com/2010/03/another-day-at-office-in-naija.html
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by ronkebp(f): 8:03pm On Feb 22, 2012
That is why it is good for everyone to learn 'kungfu' fighting, everything is changing rapidly, we all need to change with it.
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by Outstrip(f): 9:28pm On Feb 22, 2012
Thank God nobody died
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by ronkebp(f): 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2012
^^^^ was it that serious because i refused to click on that link.
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by Vansnickers: 12:48am On Feb 23, 2012
ronkebp:

That is why it is good for everyone to learn 'kungfu' fighting, everything is changing rapidly, we all need to change with it.

Seriously? Against an armed Man that is not a viable Strategy, unless you are Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris.
Indeed, Things are changing, Guns are becoming bigger.

Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by agiboma(f): 12:54am On Feb 23, 2012
Well we recently got a loaded gun in our house for security reason's shocked, when i first saw hubby with it i laughed and called him the gun man, but in a country where you got to take your own personal security into your own hands it is very neccessary.
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by moremi2008(m): 3:24am On Feb 23, 2012
agiboma:

Well we recently got a loaded gun in our house for security reason's shocked, when i first saw hubby with it i laughed and called him the gun man, but in a country where you got to take your own personal security into your own hands it is very neccessary.

My mum has a giant double barrel in her closet and the last time I went home, I found a tiny pocket pistol by the window in her dressing room. I am 100% certain she can't use either one of them. I don't know who has been giving her terrible advice or convincing her to waste her money. I guess it's good for "peace of mind". May God protect us from the evil one oh! Amen.
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by rosefleurs: 5:40am On Feb 23, 2012
Heavens!  Naija, for the love of God.  sad

Is that just Lagos or is it widespread now?
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by Basics007: 5:56am On Feb 23, 2012
moremi2008:

My mum has a giant double barrel in her closet

Really?! Iyen le o!
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by moremi2008(m): 6:11am On Feb 23, 2012
rosefleurs:

Heavens!  Naija, for the love of God.  sad

Is that just Lagos or is it widespread now?

It's in most big cities, not just Lagos. Rates of armed robbery appeared to decline for a while as robbers increasingly focused on stealing cars on the roads and robbing banks. But you still hear of cases of household armed robberies all over the place.

I remember when armed robbers came to our house late one morning! Jesus! It was only me, my grandma, the gateman, the gardener and two housegirls at home. They woke me up from my sleep and said they were "the police". They then took me around the house as they ransacked the whole place. Thankfully, my mum NEVER keeps cash at home, always keeps her special-occasion jewelry at the bank and for some reason all the cars except one were out at the time. They stole a bunch of stuff (mostly electronics, some jewelry and one car) and violated the two housegirls. It was a pretty horrific experience but we thank God no life was lost. Of course, the police was completely useless as usual.

Basics007:

Really?! Iyen le o!

My uncle is in the army and he sourced the gun for us after the robbery above (this happened almost 12yrs ago). I have no idea where the little pistol came from (but I suspect one of her friends bought one and convinced her to do the same because that's what American women do in the movies (i.e. keep little guns in their purses)!) grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by Nobody: 6:53am On Feb 23, 2012
I remember the frist time they came to our house they shot me at me and my mum,thank God we were just bruised.the second time they met me and my dad alone.my dad escaped thru the back door and left it opened.God helped me cos I noticed it before them and quickly locked it.they were not able to enter the house day dayManytime I remember dat day I thank God for helping me after my dad abadoned me.
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by egoamaka: 7:29am On Feb 23, 2012
LOL@Sugary, na all man for himself ur dad played on you.
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 23, 2012
Funny enough I begged him I wanted to sleep out dat day cos it was my birthday and my friends offered to take me clubing dat day,he was angry and refused only to run away and leave the door opened when armed robbers came.
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by moremi2008(m): 7:52am On Feb 23, 2012
suggary:

Funny enough I begged him I wanted to sleep out dat day cos it was my birthday and my friends offered to take me clubing dat day,he was angry and refused only to run away and leave the door opened when armed robbers came.

Wow! So what did he now say to you after the thieves left?
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 23, 2012
I didnot say anyin,left my mum to do the talking and men she almost caused a civil war when she she came back the next day.since then my dad does not argue if I say I want to sleep out he would just gumble and say do what u like.in all sha I thank God dat I discovered dat the door was open if not they thieves would have raped me tire
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by moremi2008(m): 8:11am On Feb 23, 2012
suggary:

I didnot say anyin,left my mum to do the talking and men she almost caused a civil war when she she came back the next day.since then my dad does not argue if I say I want to sleep out he would just gumble and say do what u like.in all sha I thank God dat I discovered dat the door was open if not they thieves would have violated me tire

Wow! That's such a terrible story. I can't believe he fled and left you alone in the house! Some men sha! angry
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by Basics007: 8:33am On Feb 23, 2012
suggary:

I remember the frist time they came to our house they shot me at me and my mum,thank God we were just bruised.the second time they met me and my dad alone.my dad escaped thru the back door and left it opened.God helped me cos I noticed it before them and quickly locked it.they were not able to enter the house day dayManytime I remember dat day I thank God for helping me after my dad abadoned me.
I'm sorry but i cant help laughing. Seriously it's all man for himself. I'm not too sure i wont do the same myself
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by Basics007: 8:38am On Feb 23, 2012
But i hate hearing rape stories when it comes to robbery incidents. Cant the animals just take whatever they came for and leave? Afterall the loot is enough to hire any hooker of their wish. Judgement go plenty for heaven
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by baroong: 11:03am On Feb 23, 2012
@ suggary, that is very funny. But i thank God nothing happened to you.
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2012
I thank God my family has never had any experience wit robbers. We have had experience with thieves before.
When I was around 8 or so, my mum just dropped us from school and walked into the kitchen and saw fried plantain , well garnished and covered in a plate, she asked the maid who the food was for, she said , it was for one of my mum's colleagues.
Immediately, my mum went to her room and saw that the door had been forced open, her jewellries were gone, and a small amount of money she kept at home 2 was gone.
She called the maid, and d maid said some1 came 2 the house claiming to be my mum's colleague and she let her in, the lady asked if there was plaintain at home, the maid said no.
She gave her money to go and buy the plaintain, on the maid's way back home, she saw the lady. The lady told her she was coming back, that she should go and fry the plaintain
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 24, 2012
My own experience with robbers happened when I was in uni, I was sleeping in my room, when some whispering woke me up. Without opening my eyes, I passed it off ,as 1 of my room mates and her brand new bf, cos they did d same thing the previous nite at 3am. I realised a bit 2 late that d whispering was coming from the wrong side of the room. So I tried waking my oda room mates, cos it was just a net dat separated me from the robbers and I didn't want 2 move suddenly and my roomies were away from their line of sight.
Unfortunately none of them woke up, so I started pretending as if I was asleep, immediately they entered, they started shouting wake up!!. I closed my eyes tight!
One of dem hit me with a gun, dat was enuf 2 wake me 4rm my fake slumber.
They forced open my wardrobe, unluckily 4 me I had foreign currency a lot, dat I was supposed 2 take 2 d bank, I prayed dat they wouldn't find it, they opened where the money was, God blinded their eyes, they didn't  it.
They kept on looking 4 money, instead they found #10, #100. I tried to convince them 2 take the 10 naira, that by the time they change it, it would b a lot. They were like, its a lie, that they know naira doesn't have value, they sighted my lappie and took it.
My oda roomie( her head was touching dat nite ). After trying 2 open her wardrobe unsuccessfully, they pointed a gun 2 her head and told her 2 open it, she refused. At dat point , I started begging her o!, she still refused. When they got tired they told my 3rd roommate, to give them water 2 drink, she did, they asked is there food ?, she said no, they got up from her bed and started checking our fridges and microwaves.
Shortly after dat, they left,and shot into the air. immediately I developed a high fever, it wasn't funny!, my 2nd roomie went down 2 call security.
After they shot, my roomie brain started functioning, she said she tot the gun wasn't loaded.
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by BasseyJ(m): 5:26pm On Feb 24, 2012
steph7:

I thank God my family has never had any experience wit robbers. We have had experience with thieves before.
When I was around 8 or so, my mum just dropped us from school and walked into the kitchen and saw fried plantain , well garnished and covered in a plate, she asked the maid who the food was for, she said , it was for one of my mum's colleagues.
Immediately, my mum went to her room and saw that the door had been forced open, her jewellries were gone, and a small amount of money she kept at home 2 was gone.
She called the maid, and d maid said some1 came 2 the house claiming to be my mum's colleague and she let her in, the lady asked if there was plaintain at home, the maid said no.
She gave her money to go and buy the plaintain, on the maid's way back home, she saw the lady. The lady told her she was coming back, that she should go and fry the plaintain
Mehn see swaggs
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by ronkebp(f): 6:06pm On Feb 24, 2012
I really cannot count how many times thieves came to our house, then we were living in Jos and that was way before the religious war that is now eating jos away, we had to leave the house finally and thank God my daddy decided to move all of us to IB, now there was this particular robbery that stood out for me, the guys that came, were upto 7, they beat up our gate man, stabbing him in several places, i was so glad that my younger sisters were away at college and i was the only grown arse lady then (17) at home, though i had uncles about 2 of them that hid in the ceiling, only God knows how they got there. undecided undecided undecided undecided

So after their harrassing everyone, and doing away with things that they could lay their hands on, on their way out, one of the guys pulled my hands and took me outside too with them, and he attempted raping me, thank God, i had shorts on, i would always go to bed with my shorts ( i never ever play with that), the guy tried pulling my shorts, he was beating me and giving me slaps, to unzip my zipper, for some reasons the zipper got stuck and he could not and i could not get it unzipped, so he kept on hitting me, with everything he could lay his hands on, he would lift me up and hit me on the floor, if you know Jos well, you will now how rocky some areas were, to cut the whole long story short, i was almost passing out, when one other guy told the guy to leave me alone, that he could see people coming out and he did not want them to get caught (talk about divine intervention) so the guy left me ooooo, i was not raped but i was beaten to stupor. But i thank God for everything.
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by bigchief3: 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2012
ronkebp:

I really cannot count how many times thieves came to our house, then we were living in Jos and that was way before the religious war that is now eating jos away, we had to leave the house finally and thank God my daddy decided to move all of us to IB, now there was this particular robbery that stood out for me, the guys that came, were upto 7, they beat up our gate man, stabbing him in several places, i was so glad that my younger sisters were away at college and i was the only grown arse lady then (17) at home, though i had uncles about 2 of them that hid in the ceiling, only God knows how they got there. undecided undecided undecided undecided

So after their harrassing everyone, and doing away with things that they could lay their hands on, on their way out, one of the guys pulled my hands and took me outside too with them, and he attempted Desecrating me, thank God, i had shorts on, i would always go to bed with my shorts ( i never ever play with that), the guy tried pulling my shorts, he was beating me and giving me slaps, to unzip my zipper, for some reasons the zipper got stuck and he could not and i could not get it unzipped, so he kept on hitting me, with everything he could lay his hands on, he would lift me up and hit me on the floor, if you know Jos well, you will now how rocky some areas were, to cut the whole long story short, i was almost passing out, when one other guy told the guy to leave me alone, that he could see people coming out and he did not want them to get caught (talk about divine intervention) so the guy left me ooooo, i was not violated but i was beaten to stupor. But i thank God for everything.
Was it jeans shorts? and is there any particular reason why you always sleep with your shorts?
Re: The Day Thieves Raided My House by ronkebp(f): 6:09pm On Feb 25, 2012
bigchief3:

Was it jeans shorts? and is there any particular reason why you always sleep with your shorts?

No it was not a jeans short, it was more of a ''khaki'' material, i just loved to wear trousers and shorts, more so we had guys living with us, cousins and uncles, it was more decent for me to sleep covered, incase somebody bursts into the room unknowingly and one is snoring away with legs 180 degrees apart. smiley smiley smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

One Of My Less Than 30 Yrs Old Friend Has Just Died! !! / I Want To Marry Her But She Is Too... / Those From A Polygamous Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.