Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Those From A Polygamous Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Those From A Polygamous Family (3044 Views)

Are Men Really Polygamous? / Are You From Polygamous Family? Share Your Experiences / This Is How Christmas Is Celebrated In Some Polygamous Homes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those From A Polygamous Family by Ogamysamo: 11:51pm On Jun 08, 2021
thou am from a monogamy family and knows nothing about the polygamious ones. am aware of it's existence.

so those from the polygamy families share your experience.
Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Enskynelson(m): 11:52pm On Jun 08, 2021
Ogamysamo:
thou am from a monogamy family and knows nothing about the polygamious ones. am aware of it's existence.

Don't try it!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Ogamysamo: 11:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
Enskynelson:
Don't try it!
i don't know what you mean
Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Enskynelson(m): 11:56pm On Jun 08, 2021
In polygamous family, men are often the losers. I have written an article here before. Let me just drop the link here.
https://www.nairaland.com/4017163/before-bring-second-wife-opinion

In addition to the above, I feel the only way a man can cheat legally on his wife is through polygamy!
Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by MightySparrow: 12:47am On Jun 09, 2021
Im the name of God, you never experience poiygamy.
Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:50am On Jun 09, 2021
I have never heard anything good about a polygamous family.Those who were born in such families many of them will tell you not to try it.

The men lose out more because the kids focus on their mothers and the father's fail to build a relationship with them some of them don't even know their kid's names.

Growing up I was told that there was one man back then who had lots of kids that he had a book where he wrote their names and the names of the women who gave birth to them one after the other he even toasted one of his daughter's because he didn't know she was his child until the pikin tell am say she be him pikin.

Imagine that kind of life where you get to share your husband with different women that you take turns in having your man to yourself and for weeks self you may not get servicing because oga is busy with his other wives God forbid bad thing.

Some will say have money and you will be fine it doesn't always work that way sometimes Na because the man dey alive make him die first everybody go find their way and kasala go burst.If you are a very jealous person as a woman stay away from polygamy make you nor go give yourself wahala and cause toxicity on your co-wives and step kids.Money doesn't make polygamy look good it only dresses the condition to look fancy a little bit once that money is gone the ugliness will show.

Some of the men even fail in their duties to unite such divided families they just pump out kids and service their wives all day,then when they die you wonder what went wrong in the relationships of his wives and children because he failed to be a uniter.The man self may have contributed to the hostility especially if he had favourites amongst them.

Thank God I didn't grow up in one and never will I find myself in one.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Ogamysamo: 10:21am On Jun 09, 2021
[quote author=AmazonTopaz post=102525601]I have never heard anything good about a polygamous family.Those who were born in such families many of them will tell you not to try it.

The men lose out more because the kids focus on their mothers and the father's fail to build a relationship with them some of them don't even know their kid's names.

Growing up I was told that there was one man back then who had lots of kids that he had a book where he wrote their names and the names of the women who gave birth to them one after the other he even toasted one of his daughter's because he didn't know she was his child until the pikin tell am say she be him pikin.

Imagine that kind of life where you get to share your husband with different women that you take turns in having your man to yourself and for weeks self you may not get servicing because oga is busy with his other wives

Jesus Eeeeeeeeeh cool cool it Seems Like Hell.

D Man Own Self, After Plenty Wives, Children He Is Still Looking For Fresh Chicks
Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Klass99(f): 10:41am On Jun 09, 2021
smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Sterope(f): 12:01pm On Jun 09, 2021
There are good stories about polygamy. Like monogamy, it can't be all rosy.

Most importantly, the best thing is for the man to declare his wish right from the start especially with the firsr wife and handle it right. There are many women that would still be a man's first despite it.

Klass99:
A guy shared his personal story here, not too long ago - it wasn't nice.

His step mother was diabolical and raped him when he was about 11 years old (If I remember correctly) she drugged him through food & drink first, which immobilized him then they took him to the bedroom where step-mother put something on his penis and massaged it to get an erection then she mounted him and was chanting some stuff while riding him.

When the step mother was done, the friend did the same thing to him. Down the line, the same step mother tried to kill him via a poisoned drink, that guy's story wasn't nice at all. On her death bed, she confessed to other things they weren't even aware of.

Why do people bother with polygamy? I haven't heard one good story from people who grew up in polygamous settings.

3 Likes

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Klass99(f): 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2021
smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by pocohantas(f): 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2021
Klass99:
A guy shared his personal story here, not too long ago - it wasn't nice.

His step mother was diabolical and raped him when he was about 11 years old (If I remember correctly) she drugged him through food & drink first, which immobilized him then they took him to the bedroom where step-mother put something on his penis and massaged it to get an erection then she mounted him and was chanting some stuff while riding him.

When the step mother was done, the friend did the same thing to him. Down the line, the same step mother tried to kill him via a poisoned drink, that guy's story wasn't nice at all. On her death bed, she confessed to other things they weren't even aware of

Why do people bother with polygamy? I haven't heard one good story from people who grew up in polygamous settings.

For real? I pray he finds healing. This is gross.

To the topic. I don’t know a single person born into a polygamous home that wants to have one. The only people that recommend polygamy every time are men born in monogamous homes.

11 Likes

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Ogamysamo: 4:19pm On Jun 09, 2021
MightySparrow:
Im the name of God, you never experience poiygamy?
obviously i've never did
Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by MightySparrow: 7:21pm On Jun 09, 2021
Ogamysamo:

obviously i've never did

You will never, 9 out of 10 people with such background has a story to tell, mostly, not palatable story.

1 Like

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by frozen70(f): 1:29pm On Jun 10, 2021
Ogamysamo:

You will get the full gist and experience if you go into polygamy

Experience remains the best teacher
Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by DonroxyII: 11:11am On Jun 13, 2021
Hmmmm, The experience is not good but the training is out of this world if you can survive...

Human like other animals wants to protect their territory, their food, their enjoyment, their peace....

Polygamy like any other gathering of human/animal comes with shared joy, shared food, shared enjoyment, shared peace and this often leads to fight, battles and war in order to have the larger share of the bounty .... Sex, Attention, peace and defence system against intrusion .....

The weaker ones (Woman and her children) usually suffer the most while the Brutish ones (Margaret Thatcher) usually enjoys the most save for Karma's Time .....

Polygamous can only be palatable where standard and defined principles and Philosophies are adopted by all. Every body respect and regard everybody but this is not usually true for human nature and animals too ....

Greed, Jealousy and wickedness is the bane of all animals ....... and there is also need to protect and defend against Greed, Jealousy and hatred then this leads to Battles and Battles lead to War ..... (Normal thing)

Not many people have control over jealousy and uncontrolled Envy underpins wickedness!

I'm Real time Experince ....

Polygamy is a Battle and A war but the benefit of it all is that It prepares you for Life unlike the Ajebos .... who no sabi Shingbae !!

Nothing would surprise you about life if you had survive Polygamy..... You have been trained and baptised from life and all her surprises ....

Whether war, battles or friendliness, betrayal, sabotage and backstabbing.... Nothing becomes new and you have strategies against them all with minimum sweat !

Also, you are already trained and experienced in getting the signals and signature of them all even before your antagonist launch attack.... You have already removed the threats ......

Polygamy is a very beautiful training ground for this brutish world but does it all worth it ... I don't think so ....

Will I go polygamous, I don't wish so but life can happen and as the bigger equations pops up, you solve it with bigger equations !!

1 Like

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Lamanii22(f): 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2021
I am from a polygamous home.... Yoruba will call it 'ogba werey' (home of psychos).... So many things happened when my stepmom was living with us... So many things I don't like to remember.... When your rival will even go spiritual on you.... The two wives will want their kids to supercede each other and blah blah blah.... May I never experience it again... I cover my husband with the blood of jesus... May my husband not look at another woman in jesus'name.. he should only have eyes for me....

3 Likes

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by thorpido(m): 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2021
Lamanii22:
I am from a polygamous home.... Yoruba will call it 'ogba werey' (home of psychos).... So many things happened when my stepmom was living with us... So many things I don't like to remember.... When your rival will even go spiritual on you.... The two wives will want their kids to supercede each other and blah blah blah.... May I never experience it again... I cover my husband with the blood of jesus... May my husband not look at another woman in jesus'name.. he should only have eyes for me....
Amen to your prayer. It is not always a good story.

1 Like

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Joanney: 11:22pm On Jun 16, 2021
Lamanii22:
Babe!
Be calming down nah smiley
Sorry for what you went through though.

1 Like

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Lamanii22(f): 11:51pm On Jun 16, 2021
Joanney:
Babe!
Be calming down nah smiley
Sorry for what you went through though.

Lol... I can't calm down... that's the thing.... A situation where your mom slaps your stepmom and your step siblings are crying feeling hurt that your mom slapped their mom....

Although your mom didn't slap her undeservingly.... She slapped her because your stepmom drill a hole in your mom's drum and all the water your mom fetched from a far distance got spilled....

That kind of environment is so insane....

And then your step siblings carried the hurt from childhood through adulthood and unleashed it on your elder sister but they never knew what their mom did too was uncalled for....

I don't know if you understand....

3 Likes

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Joanney: 2:54am On Jun 17, 2021
Lamanii22:

Lol... I can't calm down... that's the thing.... A situation where your mom slaps your stepmom and your step siblings are crying feeling hurt that your mom slapped their mom....

Although your mom didn't slap her undeservingly.... She slapped her because your stepmom drill a hole in your mom's drum and all the water your mom fetched from a far distance got spilled....

That kind of environment is so insane....

And then your step siblings carried the hurt from childhood through adulthood and unleashed it on your elder sister but they never knew what their mom did too was uncalled for....

I don't know if you understand....
I understand perfectly,or at least to some degree. My pops got three wives..
My new mom came along with her two teenage sisters and the trio seemed like Angels on arrival.
And then she gave birth to twin girls...My sister and I became house helps overnight
And still we managed... and endured
But my Father's need for an XY pairing led to a third marriage 8 years later
And this time,it was a woman with two kids out of wedlock and she came with her sister too,a woman in her mid 20s(I think it was one of the conditions for marriage)
At first they were competing on who will give us the most punishments and make us run the most unnecessary of errands....
And then they shifted the attention to themselves,competing for an old man's affection or whatever it was.
Fullly grown women will be fighting and insulting themselves while their kids watch
And then the kids themselves will continue the saga when their mothers are tired.
There was this day I was a laughing stock in school cos my step mom ironed my school uniform for me and deliberately burned a portion showing my pant cos I got her angry. It was such a magnificent work of art that I couldn't discard the uniform up till today.
I remember taking out my anger on my little sis by pouring water all over her small bed.
If I begin to write about my aunts eh....

It was really insane as you put it,but we survived.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Lamanii22(f): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2021
Joanney:
I understand perfectly,or at least to some degree. My pops got three wives..
My new mom came along with her two teenage sisters and the trio seemed like Angels on arrival.
And then she gave birth to twin girls...My sister and I became house helps overnight
And still we managed... and endured
But my Father's need for an XY pairing led to a third marriage 8 years later
And this time,it was a woman with two kids out of wedlock and she came with her sister too,a woman in her mid 20s(I think it was one of the conditions for marriage)
At first they were competing on who will give us the most punishments and make us run the most unnecessary of errands....
And then they shifted the attention to themselves,competing for an old man's affection or whatever it was.
Fullly grown women will be fighting and insulting themselves while their kids watch
And then the kids themselves will continue the saga when their mothers are tired.
There was this day I was a laughing stock in school cos my step mom ironed my school uniform for me and deliberately burned a portion showing my pant cos I got her angry. It was such a magnificent work of art that I couldn't discard the uniform up till today.
I remember taking out my anger on my little sis by pouring water all over her small bed.
If I begin to write about my aunts eh....

It was really insane as you put it,but we survived.

Awwwwn.... Yeah survival is what's worth.... What about your mom....
Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Hathor5(f): 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2021
Lamanii22:

Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Joanney: 7:11pm On Jun 17, 2021
Lamanii22:

Awwwwn.... Yeah survival is what's worth.... What about your mom....
She's late.
Probably the reason for my dad's waywardness.

2 Likes

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by drmikeadams(m): 7:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
Na foolish man still dey run polygamy..when they die ,they Leave problems behind which they refuse to solve.

3 Likes

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Uyi168: 7:43pm On Jun 17, 2021

Resources that can barely satisfy one wife is meant to be shared among 2,3 wives..

There is also lots of envy to contend it. Unnecessary competition..

My own experience isnt that bad..

My step mom is my second mum.. Relationship with my steps are ever cordial..

2 Likes

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Lamanii22(f): 9:01pm On Jun 17, 2021
Joanney:
She's late.
Probably the reason for my dad's waywardness.

Awwwwn.. the Lord bless her heart... How's your sis?

1 Like

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Joanney: 9:28pm On Jun 17, 2021
Lamanii22:

Awwwwn.. the Lord bless her heart... How's your sis?
She's doing great.
Now married with two kids.
I don't know why she won't let me stay more than the weekend whenever I visit angry

2 Likes

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by evil1: 9:49pm On Jun 17, 2021
Polygamy starts from a cheating spouse before you know it when the wife allows the man in a situation whereby he admits to mistakenly having a child outside, that's the full beginning of polygamy.
The kids are affected more in this scheme of marital events.

Therefore I won't advice anyone to cheat on his wife nor even think of marrying several wifes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by crackhaus: 12:52am On Jun 18, 2021
A thread for parochial opinions.
Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Lamanii22(f): 7:48am On Jun 18, 2021
Joanney:
She's doing great.
Now married with two kids.
I don't know why she won't let me stay more than the weekend whenever I visit angry

Loool.... I don't know too... Maybe she needs privacy
Re: Those From A Polygamous Family by Ogamysamo: 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
frozen70:

You will get the full gist and experience if you go into polygamy

Experience remains the best teacher

all this reasonable reasons are more than enough reasons for one to see reason in what is been said

(1) (Reply)

"Ojuju Calabar" / How To Conceive A Baby Boy / Will You Seek Your Spouse`s consent Before Sending Money To Your Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.