Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,649 members, 7,820,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today (4837 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC / Mrs Buhari And Her Pretty Daughter Zahra Pictured In Lagos Today / Nigeria Police Officers Honoured In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by aljharem(m): 12:48am On Feb 23, 2012
BY CLIFFORD NDUJIHE

IN continuation of the month-long burial rites of late elder statesman and leader of defunct Biafran Republic, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, the Igbo Nation in Lagos will today gather at Tafawa Balewa Square, TBS, Onikan, to honour him.

The event which is co-ordinated by Ndigbo in Lagos will be chaired by Second Republic Presidential Candidate and elder statesman, Dr Tunji Braithwaite with Governor Babatunde Fashola, SAN as chief host.

Chairman of Ndigbo Lagos, Rear Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu (rtd) said prominent Igbo leaders and personalities were expected as they had been enjoined “to turn out en mass to pay homage to this icon of our land.”

Kanu, who spoke through his personal assistant, Ndubuisi Ufonda, said those expected included Admiral Allison Madueke (rtd), Prof Anya O Anya, Major General Ike Nwachukwu (rtd) and all Ohanaeze members among others.

Secretary General of apex Igbo socio-cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nduka Eya, said the programme was in tandem with Ohanaeze’s directives because Ojukwu meant many things to everybody and everybody could not be in Nnewi for the burial.

“The different programmes being organised across the country show that Ojukwu is something to everybody. The National Planning Committee put out the programme. It is impossible for every Igbo man to be in Nnewi. So, we told all our affiliates to organise programmes in their different areas,” he said.

On the elevation of Chief Ralph Uwazurike as Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Eya said: “Ohanaeze has no hand in that. It was His Royal Majesty, Eze Obidiegwu Onyenso of Nri Kingdom, who gave him the title. The person who is Eze Igbo Gburugburu has not been buried, why give another person the title? It is not in our tradition to have anyone as Igbo leader worldwide because every area has its leader. I don’t know where and when Igbo people sat to crown Eze Igbo.

But whatever it is, Igbo people accepted Ojukwu as their hero and we don’t mind calling him Eze Igbo. Let everybody hail Ojukwu as they please. These programmes are building up to the final interment. Ojukwu’s death is a tragic loss. Ojukwu was pushed to the wall and he fought against international conspiracy.”

Speaking on arrangements for the ceremony, Dr Sylvan Ebigwei, the President of Igbo Intellectual Think -Tank, Aka-Ikenga, said Dr Tunji Braithwate, a close friend of the late Igbo leader, would chair the occasion, which a host of Igbo leaders in Lagos had promised to attend.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/igbo-in-lagos-honour-ojukwu-today/
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by aljharem(m): 12:54am On Feb 23, 2012
The west and the north have paid their dues. I hope this move would foster unity among brothers and sisters. smiley smiley
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by nduchucks: 1:04am On Feb 23, 2012
The had to spoil everything with this: embarassed

On the elevation of Chief Ralph Uwazurike as Eze Igbo Gburugburu, Eya said: “Ohanaeze has no hand in that. It was His Royal Majesty, Eze Obidiegwu Onyenso of Nri Kingdom, who gave him the title. The person who is Eze Igbo Gburugburu has not been buried, why give another person the title? It is not in our tradition to have anyone as Igbo leader worldwide because every area has its leader. I don’t know where and when Igbo people sat to crown Eze Igbo.

Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by aljharem(m): 1:08am On Feb 23, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The had to spoil everything with this:   embarassed

LOL you just have to ignore his part. I wonder why they even reported it. He is trying to start a movement and get popularity with this burial. Maybe even make himself Ikeemba
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by nduchucks: 1:11am On Feb 23, 2012
alj harem:

LOL you just have to ignore his part. I wonder why they even reported it. He is trying to start a movement and get popularity with this burial. Maybe even make himself Ikeemba

Alj harem, I know, but its in poor taste. He is trying too hard and disrespecting Ndigbo. He does not deserve to be Ikemba, he is too classless.
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by aljharem(m): 1:19am On Feb 23, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Alj harem, I know, but its in poor taste. He is trying too hard and disrespecting Ndigbo. He does not deserve to be Ikemba, he is too classless.

LOL, looking at Uwazurike now you kinda appreciate the original Ikemba himself (Ojukwu). At least the one understands all languages and does not just talk without thinking. I just don't like the way he talks without thinking of appreciating the consequences of his words unlike others before him.
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by member479760: 1:05pm On Feb 23, 2012
continue fooling yaself.
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by babyboy3(m): 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2012
yawn

Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by bestman09(m): 1:33pm On Feb 23, 2012
The great Alaba international market was also closed for him today and So many other markets in Lagos state too. He was really a great man.
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by Marlboro1: 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2012
Alh Harem tread softly in this area. You said the right thing in stating that may be the nation can become more united with north and west having honored The Great One. Dont get into Igbo politics before you get the Igbo tribalists going after you or the north. Thanks.
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2012
IBO thread infested viruses, Alh Haram and Ndu chuks. I am sure they have a software reminder in their system that an IBO thread has been opened grin
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by adamaw2tuf: 3:11pm On Feb 23, 2012
haramji_haram,gunki_chuks two different characters but one actor=blood thirsty boko buta uwa.
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by Igwe9(m): 3:19pm On Feb 23, 2012
kayci_d77:

IBO thread infested viruses, Alh Haram and Ndu chuks. I am sure they have a software reminder in their system that an IBO thread has been opened grin
lol, i concur!!!
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by ayo84(m): 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2012
The Great Igbo Pride; He was born into wealth,and had everything any young boy would have wanted to have, He had the best education any child could have had, He could have been one of the richest Nigerians if you wanted but He chose a life of selfless service to his country, a life of humility, and when circumstances forced Him to defend his tribe, he did not shy away from that responsibility. In fact, he made it his calling and answered that call to the detriment of his own life. For that call, over a million of his tribesmen and women lost their lives. For that call, he became a fugitive in another land for over a decade. For that call, he was labelled many things.
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by extension: 4:33pm On Feb 23, 2012
Atleast a hard and brave man,not present boko haram politicians of nowadays.Pen robbers of highest authority in national assembly.
My regret is that what he fought for is still there. The day he died,many Igbos were killed in Borno.
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by Funkymallam(m): 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2012
kayci_d77:

Dnt be decieved Alj harem = ndu chucks cool
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by nduchucks: 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2012
Funkymallam:

Dnt be decieved Alj harem = ndu chucks cool

Funkymallam, This is my first and last warning to you regarding spreading the false rumour that ndu_chucks = Alh harem. I'm not sure what your obsession is, but it does not depict you in a flattering manner. Please respect yourself and quit being childish.

I also remind you that false accusations such as what you are engaged in, is a violation of the forum rules. I will report you to higher authorities for due punishment if you don't stop. You've made the same accusation in 3 or more threads. BE WARNED
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by Funkymallam(m): 5:29pm On Feb 23, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Funkymallam, This is my first and last warning to you regarding spreading the false rumour that ndu_chucks = Alh harem. I'm not sure what your obsession is, but it does not depict you in a flattering manner. Please respect yourself and quit being childish.

I also remind you that false accusations such as what you are engaged in, is a violation of the forum rules. I will report you to higher authorities for due punishment if you don't stop. You've made the same accusation in 3 or more threads. BE WARNED

Did i hit a nerve? grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by HighChief4(m): 5:37pm On Feb 23, 2012
ayo84:

The Great Igbo Pride; He was born into wealth,and had everything any young boy would have wanted to have, He had the best education any child could have had, He could have been one of the richest Nigerians if you wanted but He chose a life of selfless service to his country, a life of humility, and when circumstances forced Him to defend his tribe, he did not shy away from that responsibility. In fact, he made it his calling and answered that call to the detriment of his own life. For that call, over a million of his tribesmen and women lost their lives. For that call, he became a fugitive in another land for over a decade. For that call, he was labelled many things.

Well said. May his soul RIP. Goodnight Ikemba
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by ofala(m): 6:16pm On Feb 23, 2012
Jee Ije Gi Nke Oma, IKEMBA
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by ekwynwa: 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2012
you can never put a good man down shocked
OJUKWU is a HERO  even in death cool cool
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by Beowulf(m): 7:51pm On Feb 23, 2012
Ije awele Ikemba!
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by EkoIle1: 7:58pm On Feb 23, 2012
What is the meaning of gburugburugburu sef? Sounds like some evil and sinister stuff,
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by chosen04(f): 8:24pm On Feb 23, 2012
Eko Ile:

What is the meaning of gburugburugburu sef? Sounds like some evil and sinister stuff,

It means Why ask Why
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by aljharem(m): 8:26pm On Feb 23, 2012
Funkymallam:

Did i hit a nerve? grin grin grin cheesy

hmmm, I don't know why you would think ndu chuks is alj harem undecided
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by HighChief4(m): 8:29pm On Feb 23, 2012
Eko Ile:

How did the lagos island agbero fight go? which of the groups won?
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 23, 2012
Eko Ile:

Hahahahahahaha. . . .gburugburu sounds like wuruwuru to me o.
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by aljharem(m): 8:43pm On Feb 23, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Hahahahahahaha. . . .gburugburu sounds like wuruwuru to me o.

dumb dumb dumb

what is una business if it sound like anything or the meaning ?

abeg make una take chill pill
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by ekwynwa: 8:48pm On Feb 23, 2012
Ojukwu the King of Niaja cool
Nwoke di nma cool
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by ekwynwa: 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2012
this Lagos state gov. unofficial quack photographer likes making a fool of his old self shocked shocked shocked

must u always show ur stupid self,why do you want to know the meaning of his title grin
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by chino24: 10:14am On Feb 24, 2012
Uncommon general.
Re: Ojukwu Honoured In Lagos Today by banqkool: 8:55am On Feb 25, 2012
no comment

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Is Not A ‘no Man’s Land’ But… / #ondodecides: FULL INEC Official Results (Rotimi Aketedolu leads) / I want to bet on a trump win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.