Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu (5597 Views)

Recap On Pastor Kumuyi’s Powerful Prophesy About Nigeria In 2015 / Biography Of Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu / Ojukwu (Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu) Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by SamIkenna: 2:47pm On Feb 24, 2012
Its been known throught history that men kill what they dont understand.
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by noiseless: 3:23pm On Feb 24, 2012
But the worst inhumane form of loose mouth bashings against Ikemba Ojukwu come from the yorubas,why is that then or are they doing it to please the hausas?
bittyend:

Do you also know that I also maintained contact with Awo that when I had problem with Nigeria that he came to see me in exile? Do you know that there is nowhere in the written annals of Nigerian history where you would see a harsh word from me against Chief Awolowo

Chief Ojukwu NEVER insulted Awo - but why do Ibo people that idolize Ojukwu do something Ojukwu himself NEVER did,

Ojukwu was eccentric no doubt - but he was REAL, He respected the Yoruba race but you silly Ibo clowns don't, Did y'all see where he said Obasanja is NOT YORUBA??

Most of the mistakes he made during the war was due to youthful exuberance - but he was no doubt the GREATEST IBO MAN THAT EVER LIVED, You IBO clowns copy the mistakes he made - why not copy the good side of him??

R.I.P Ojukwu
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by lagcity(m): 6:34pm On Feb 24, 2012
noiseless:

But the worst inhumane form of loose mouth bashings against Ikemba Ojukwu come from the yorubas,why is that then or are they doing it to please the hausas?
The worst form of Awo bashing comes from Igbos. why can't they learn from Ojukwu? Do ibos know more than Ojukwu who was right in the center of action and negotiations? Ojukwu doesn't behave like an Igboman; he's very calm, not overemotional and hotheaded.
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by bakila: 6:39pm On Feb 24, 2012
The interview revealed mistakes someone made particulerly the reckleness of starting a war that you know you do not have the training, competence and bravery to win. bold@kingoflag.
That view of comeback home lets go to war as worship in nairaland shows people have not learnt frm history despite 2 or 3 degrees.
Did that interview revealed an abused child with the cane before money?
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2012
God bless your soul the Ikemba, A through sincere leader,
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by DuduNegro: 7:34pm On Feb 24, 2012

You have no idea how Yoruba view wars and aggression. The Yoruba wars ended when Britain colonized Nigeria. . . .and so since becoming cohabitants Ibo has not had the fortune of witnessing Yoruba in war. Operation "weti e" was just a political clash and even though it was on a very small scale it was volatile enough to cause fear at Federal level. It is a taboo. . . an abomination. . . .a prohibition. . . . for any uninvited and unathourized foreigner to raise weapon of war against us on our own soil.

Just as chase of money run in your dna when you see opportunity, so rage for bloodshed run in our dna when a foreigner raise his weapon on us on the land. Ojukwu lived amongst Yorubas but he did not understand this one "no go" area. He had to learn it the hard way, and the rest of Biafranas behind him as well. We dont give a fvck who you are, you step on our land with war, we meet you with it.

Many of you are deluded by the history of Ilorin. Fulani never brought Jihad on Yoruba land. Fodio did not raise his sword on Yorubaland. . . . he stopped at Nupe territory and turned back and headed to Gobir and then settled in Sokoto. Act of rebellion from internal conflict is what capitulated Ilorin to Fulani hand. I guess Ojukwu might have read that history wrong too, even though he studied history. If he thought Fulani raided and took Yorubaland and why can't Ibo. . . . then history has proven that misunderstanding to him. I don't know if it has proven it to you and your generation. . . . In war, Yoruba is far deadlier than Hausa or Fulani. . . .we can fight war in the savannah and we can fight in the forest or in the creeks. Hausa and Fulani cannot fight the jungle or creek war. Ibo cannot fight the savannah war.

So, nna, Ojukwu committed the worst of insults on us when he dared intentionally marched on our land with weapons. It is an unforgivable act. . . . but politics and greed has caused some of our leaders to forget who they are. . . . and you have the governor of Lagos hosting funeral for Ojukwuu. That is rubbish! Will Fashola host funeral for Adekunle "scorpion"? Will he host funeral for OBJ? Will he host funeral for Gowon? Utter nonsense!! but that's what politicians do, they calculate their gains forward.
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by HighChief4(m): 10:31pm On Feb 24, 2012
^^^Fulani Heardsmen in Ekiti disagrees with you. They have been killing Yorubas at will, so stop spewing rubbish. You only fight your war on pages of newspapers. Yoruba soldiers have always been humiliated since the history of NA and nothing has been done, so that speaks volume. We know who are refered as cowards in Nigeria. Talking about invading your land, what did you actually do? And for the records it was Banjo who was coming to liberate his people, so get your facts right and stop chest beating.
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by lagcity(m): 11:03pm On Feb 24, 2012
^^^^^
look who's talking. i can bring out a newspaper article where Igbos were complaining about herdsmen excesses in Igboland. I think about 6 fulanis put the fear of god in the whole community. true story.

show me one humiliated yoruba soldier and i'll show u two igbos.
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by HighChief4(m): 11:08pm On Feb 24, 2012
lagcity:

^^^^^
look who's talking. i can bring out a newspaper article where Igbos were complaining about herdsmen excesses in Igboland. I think about 6 fulanis put the fear of god in the whole community. true story.

show me one humiliated yoruba soldier and i'll show u two igbos.

Abacha might be in the right position to answer that
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by lagcity(m): 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2012
^^^
well name them for abacha since he is dead. then i'll name mine. if u gonna pussyfoot around, fvck off and stop wasting my time.
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by DuduNegro: 11:49pm On Feb 24, 2012
Abacha might be in the right position to answer that

Lagcity, since High Chief has lost his tongue I will go back now to his first contention. . , . while yet waiting for him to give names on behalf of Abacha.

Yoruba soldiers have always been humiliated since the history of NA and nothing has been done, so that speaks volume.

grin You want to talk about NA humiliation? Ibo was locked out of senior command ranks for how many years, over 30yrs? . . . Not a single GOC for 30yrs in your country Army. . . .you were put on time out, lock out. . . .suspended on duty. Do you know how many Yorubas have been GOCs in that time period?

Ibo never fail to put their cart before the horse. . . never fails! Old boy, next time think before you write. . . . make sure you are guilt free of the charge you throw out.
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 24, 2012
bakila:

The interview revealed mistakes someone made particulerly the reckleness of starting a war that you know you do not have the training, competence and bravery to win. bold@kingoflag.
That view of comeback home lets go to war as worship in nairaland shows people have not learnt frm history despite 2 or 3 degrees.
Did that interview revealed an abused child with the cane before money?

Dont misquote me, please. For one, I'll never agree that Ojukwu should have never seceded so we can end that  argument there.

If you re-read what he said you'll understand that what he meant was : "Even though I acknowledge that I was not better trained than my International counterparts, I was still heads and shoulders above the incompetents that flooded the Nigerian Army."

End of story.
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by SamIkenna: 12:07am On Feb 25, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

You have no idea how Yoruba view wars and aggression.   The Yoruba wars ended when Britain colonized Nigeria. . . .and so since becoming cohabitants Ibo has not had the fortune of witnessing Yoruba in war.  Operation "weti e" was just a political clash and even though it was on a very small scale it was volatile enough to cause fear at Federal level.   It is a taboo. . . an abomination. . . .a prohibition. . . . for any uninvited and unathourized foreigner to raise weapon of war against us on our own soil.  

Just as chase of money run in your dna when you see opportunity, so rage for bloodshed run in our dna when a foreigner raise his weapon on us on the land.   Ojukwu lived amongst Yorubas but he did not understand this one "no go" area.  He had to learn it the hard way, and the rest of Biafranas behind him as well.  We dont give a fvck who you are, you step on our land with war, we meet you with it.  

Many of you are deluded by the history of Ilorin.  Fulani never brought Jihad on Yoruba land.  Fodio did not raise his sword on Yorubaland. . . . he stopped at Nupe territory and turned back and headed to Gobir and then settled in Sokoto.    Act of rebellion from internal conflict is what capitulated Ilorin to Fulani hand.   I guess Ojukwu might have read that history wrong too, even though he studied history.  If he thought Fulani raided and took Yorubaland and why can't Ibo. . . . then history has proven that misunderstanding to him.   I don't know if it has proven it to you and your generation. . . .  In war, Yoruba is far deadlier than Hausa or Fulani. . . .we can fight war in the savannah and we can fight in the forest or in the creeks.  Hausa and Fulani cannot fight the jungle or creek war.  Ibo cannot fight the savannah war.  

So, nna, Ojukwu committed the worst of insults on us when he dared intentionally marched on our land with weapons.  It is an unforgivable act. . . . but politics and greed has caused some of our leaders to forget who they are. . . . and you have the governor of Lagos hosting funeral for Ojukwuu.  That is rubbish!   Will Fashola host funeral for Adekunle "scorpion"?   Will he host funeral for OBJ?  Will he host funeral for Gowon?    Utter nonsense!!   but that's what politicians do, they calculate their gains forward.  

Often when I read some of the stuff you be writing here I shake my head. You really have a twisted view and history of Igbo and in your peculiar way, you think those views are absolute truth, they are not and you need to re-read history books with more objectivity. The other day I read where you called us "uncultured" and you went on on how Igbos will come to your house and use your toilet, eat your food, and other bla bla without leaving thinking of leaving the host's house. You even implied that Britain used us because we were ill-cultured like Britain where as Hausa and Yoruba were better-cultured.

Most times when I come across people's asinine fallacies I just move on because its very easy to see the jealousy and hate from their posts. They don't even mask their words as truth rather they dish them out in a mud slinging kitchen sink strategy. Its very easy to see those posts and move on because there is nothing except an angry person lashing out. However, the same can not be said of your own posts because you carefully package them as absolute truth and that, my friend, is more dangerous and deadlier than anything else.

Maybe what makes you happy is if you hear today that Igbo is no more, that we're all dead. Anyway, you can carry on with your history creation that puts us down and demeans us as uncultured, ill mannered, money loving, un-savvy, inhuman, etc. Its really not going to make any difference because we've been on a much more deadlier road before and emerged and in-spite of what you see on NL we've been sharpened and made stronger by our near cataclysmic experience.

I don't hate you, neither do I hate any person here no matter how much they insult or humiliate my people. However, I, as an individual and an Igbo man, believe in hardwork, patience, knowledge, respect, and calmness in the face of any aggression or adversity because, not only that I cherish those qualities, I also know that my time will come. I don't know whose time it is now but it sure ain't mine - is it yours? If it is then use wisely while you can, don't denigrate people with it.
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by DuduNegro: 12:11am On Feb 25, 2012
Often when I read some of the stuff you be writing here I shake my head. You really have a twisted view and history of Igbo and in your peculiar way, you think those views are absolute truth, they are not and you need to re-read history books with more objectivity

I am as objective and clear cut on Ibo history . . . and infact truthful about them as the Ibos I encounter here are about the history and their perception of Yoruba. It's a balanced scale Sam!

Take your accusations elsewhere. Go clean house with your fellas, then come talk to me about objectivity. ok?
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by DuduNegro: 12:17am On Feb 25, 2012
If you re-read what he said you'll understand that what he meant was : "Even though I acknowledge that I was not better trained than my International counterparts, I was still heads and shoulders above the incompetents that flooded the Nigerian Army."

You missed the point!

Of course Ojukwu is saying that because he has blindspots. . . . he has a narrow vision and fails to see his peoples needs and put those needs above his. This can be attributed to psychological disorder caused by traumatised childhood resulting from. . . . .according to Bakila,

Did that interview revealed [size=14pt]an abused child with the cane before money[/size]?

Truth be told. . . as he aged and got involved more in public his erratic behavior became more pronounced and apparent. Ojukwu was unbalanced!
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by SamIkenna: 12:18am On Feb 25, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

I am as objective and clear cut on Ibo history . . . and infact truthful about them as the Ibos I encounter here are about the history and their perception of Yoruba.   It's a balanced scale Sam!  

Take your accusations elsewhere.   Go clean house with your fellas, then come talk to me about objectivity.  ok?

I guess you now accept the fallacies in your posts. In essence what you're saying is that "I write false stories or made-up stories about Igbo because Igbos write bogus stories about Yoruba" If that's your claim then I would in someway understand, at least that will check off your posts on Igbo as "no-longer-absolute truth."
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by DuduNegro: 12:23am On Feb 25, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

I guess you now accept the fallacies in your posts. In essence what you're saying is that "I write false stories or made-up stories about Igbo because Igbos write bogus stories about Yoruba" If that's your claim then I would in someway understand, at least that will check off your posts on Igbo as "no-longer-absolute truth."

Sam, c'mon. . . . you accuse me of subjectivity, how is your response here objective?

You are interpreting what you believe, not what I said. Is that objectivity?
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by EzeUche(m): 12:27am On Feb 25, 2012
Dudu I have yet to understand why anyone would listen to your opinion.

The Western Region was ALREADY under Northern occupation and there is nothing you can change about that history.
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by DuduNegro: 1:05am On Feb 25, 2012
^^^^ what are you talking about? Both West and East was under North. This was part reason that Ojukwu rebelled in East. The difference between the action he took and Awo;s action is that Awo understood Nigerian politics, Ojukwu did not. Even when Awo tried repeatedly to steady him, he brushed Awo off and declared Biafra.
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by EzeUche(m): 1:12am On Feb 25, 2012
^^^

You cannot change history. The East seceded, because Igbos were not being protected within this union. Is it that hard to comprehend?

And you cannot change the fact that there were not many Yoruba soldiers as there were Igbo, Hausa and Middle Belt groups.

Whoever controls the military controls Nigeria. Awolowo never realized that until it was too late.
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by dayokanu(m): 2:00am On Feb 25, 2012
But the large Ibo population in the Army were reduced to wussies and fleeing roaches by Benjamin Adekunle

Can we say 1 Benjamin Adekunle = 1million Ibo soldiers?
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by HighChief4(m): 3:11am On Feb 25, 2012
lagcity:

^^^
well name them for abacha since he is dead. then i'll name mine. if u gonna pussyfoot around, fvck off and stop wasting my time.

Like I said, abacha is the right person to answer that or his ADC Mustapha who told us how much Yoruba elders were auctioned

Dudu_Negro:

Lagcity, since High Chief has lost his tongue I will go back now to his first contention. . , . while yet waiting for him to give names on behalf of Abacha.

You should know today is friday and I dont live on NL, I have a life.

Meanwhile, we better not be there at the top than to have a General kneeling and crying to a Major. You guys are seen as no threat by the north(which is true), so they are not bothered by taking you up the ranks. Even if a Yoruba becomes the Head of State, Hausa is still the one in power, example abound in OBJ/Yaradua regime. Thats why we call you guys the a[i]s[/i]s lickers. Comprende?
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 25, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

You missed the point! 

Of course Ojukwu is saying that because he has blindspots. . . . he has a narrow vision and fails to see his peoples needs and put those needs above his.  This can be attributed to psychological disorder caused by traumatised childhood resulting from. . . . .according to Bakila,

Truth be told. . . as he aged and got involved more in public his erratic behavior became more pronounced and apparent.   Ojukwu was unbalanced!

Lol. Could be true. You could be right. He could have had personal "selfish-aspirations" for going to war, I don't know that, and I bet you don't either. I can only go by what he has publicly declared, What his adversaries have publicly declared, and what history has declared and my conclusion is that[b] OJUKWU HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO GO TO WAR AT THE TIME[/b]---- If in fact he was truthful about his grouse being that Igbos were not being protected and that Gowon had no right being Head Of State when there were higher ranked and more competent officers in front of him.

There is no doubt in my mind that Ojukwu would have become a Dictator (if he wasn't pushed out in another series of coups that I believed would have mired Biafra as was the norm all over Africa at the time----- don't forget that already, Ojukwu was suspecting Nzeogwu of planning a coup and that he even ended up executing Ifeajuna, Banjo, Agbamuche,Alale and co) . You really think Ojukwu would have conducted elections and then lose so that his new Political opponents will betray and hand him over to Nigeria once he was out of power? If You really believe that had Biafra Succeeded Ojukwu would have stepped down (even though his claim is that the Eastern Parliament demanded that he secede) and handed over power back to those same Parliamentarians, then I have a Mansion In the Sky I could sell to you for a Dollar. Lol, Ojukwu would have executed every single one of them when the time was right.  So, trust me, Ojukwu would have died last week as President/Head of State/King ,whatever, of Biafra and then another round of tussle would have started probably between Uwazuruike and Ojukwu Jr.

I do not miss the  probable scenarios above, @Dudu_Negro, nor do I miss the fact that most of the actors of the first coup were Igbos, but was the secession right at the time---- given Ojukwu's excuse and weighing it against the North's? Yes! Was it Logical? No! You see my point? What Ojukwu feared is what people like Buhari fear, thats why I don't understand why Igbos will rally around crooks like GEJ. Ojukwu knew that the result of power in the hands of Feudal Lords (most of whom you rarely hear about) like Theophilus Danjuma would be disastrous. He knew the repercussions of letting Gowon ascend the throne ahead of people like Wey and Adebayo would end up leading to a day where the Abachas and the Babangida's would decide "It was their turn" and take over whatever Government was in charge that morning.

Yes, the attitude of the Igbo Officers in the Nigerian Army did not help matters either; Ironsi worsened the situation by not taking instant action and executing the Jan.15th coup plotters. But, to carry out a pogrom against a whole tribe for that and then try to justify it? I'm sorry but I can't co-sign that. If you want to be objective, everyone was at fault for the Nigerian Civil War. Too many incompetent, inexperienced, and under-trained people were left in charge of running a Nation. Factually, these were 'Young Men'---29year Old Majors and 33year old Generals--- see how funny that sounds?

Events were not stagnant, so its not expected that actions will be. Ojukwu made mistakes, some of them can be considered catastrophic, but in the end his prophesy was right "Allow a Gowon into power today, and tomorrow you'll have a GEJ as head because he'll be backed up by the Obasanjo's, who are friends with the Ubahs, that chill with the Dangotes, who hangs with the IBBs (who even though he fights OBJ in Public) They all still loot together through various Govt "businesses" that they have interest in because they're all somehow connected to Alhaji X Who Imports "This" and Eze and/or Chief "X" who imports "That". These Government "contracts" keep them together, while they succeed in tearing the rest of you apart along tribal lines.

About being unbalanced, I don't know. Some of his later actions were questionable and revealed some qualities that were less than admirable. But, in the end I think its wrong to group a whole people together and denigrate them. But I guess if DEDE1 and co should exist, why shouldn't you, right?
Re: A Recap On Dim Chuwkuemeka Ojukwu by hercules07: 9:29am On Feb 25, 2012
King is so right with his analysis.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Soldiers Feared Dead, Militants Bomb NNPC Gas Pipeline / How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala / Breaking: Gov. Okorocha Moves To Stop Ihedioha's Swearing In As Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.