Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala (5597 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet / "Babangida Aliyu Deceived Jonathan" - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by CeoNewshelm(m): 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2017
Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Nigeria's former Finance Minister has revealed her thoughts on how Donald Trump's presidency will affect Africa.

Speaking in an interview with BBC on the sidelines of the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland, Okonjo-Iweala said “There are two schools of thoughts, but one very interesting one, to which I subscribe is that; maybe Africa is not top of the agenda for the incoming government, therefore, that could really provide a chance for Africa to craft its own narratives.”

“To make it known that African countries are really much more interested in taking charge of their own destiny and trying to find ways to do it. Look, people in developing countries are not just sitting, waiting for people to bring aid, we now have a changing dynamics, particularly with our young people.

“If you look at the millenials, they are asking a different question; they want to know how they can really use what is here to catalyse the change that is needed to make developing countries, who are already contributing quite substantially to global growth to do even more.”

“There are also those who are a little bit worried, that the continent may not get the attention it needs on the global stage.

“And say what you may, if you look at 2030, 2050, Africa cannot be left behind, because the implication for the rest of the world are just too enormous. In terms of the demographics, the potential market it presents.”

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/01/how-trumps-presidency-will-affect.html

cc lalasticlala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by adioolayi(m): 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2017
“To make it known that African countries are really much more interested in taking charge of their own destiny and trying to find ways to do it. Look, people in developing countries are not just sitting, waiting for people to bring aid, we now have a changing dynamics, particularly with our young people."

I agree with you on this.... Solutions to Africa's problems lies in the hands of Africans..God bless Africa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by sarrki(m): 12:36pm On Jan 21, 2017
Baby Ngo

Apologize to Nigerians on how you ruin our economy

We will treat you as the prodigal son

Your sins will be forgiven

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by Destined2win: 12:37pm On Jan 21, 2017
Thank God Donald Trump is the President. If he doesn't care about Africa, then Africa should care about themselves.

I am going to be President, I will care for my citizenry and lead them to a land of peace and prosperity!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by Destined2win: 12:38pm On Jan 21, 2017
sarrki:
Baby Ngo

Do you even know what you are saying? I seriously doubt

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by Aufbauh(m): 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
If i should say what i know about Donald Trump the whole of America will be on fire. grin

The prophetic emergence of Donald Trump as the 45th United states President is for the liberation of all the developing nations,and at the same time the falling off cosmopolitanism.

I see developing countries rising to take charge and i also see great migration from the so called super nations to smaller ones.

Americans will enjoy within the confines of their domain but their foreign clouts will wither.

2 Likes

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by betty202020(m): 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
sarrki:
Baby Ngo

chai, wasted brain which would have made an impact for the development of African continent is languishing in the nairaland hatred zone. Wake up from your slumber help the present finance minister to take us out of recession.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by Splinz(m): 1:44pm On Jan 21, 2017
sarrki:
Baby Ngo

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by mcee1(m): 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hahahahahaha.... Na Biafra and Ipod matter dey for him mind o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by TheFreeOne: 3:38pm On Jan 21, 2017
Trump inauguration speech is a wake up call for other nations that the days of free meal from the US are over and it's a new era of America first.

Africa will always be an investment hub for those outside the continent.

What our leaders need to do is put in place attractive policies, ease of doing business and good business environment.

And I am impressed by Trump determination to fight terrorism with all seriousness....no pandering to the house of Saud and wahhabism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by Adminisher: 3:42pm On Jan 21, 2017
Destined2win:
Thank God Donald Trump is the President. If he doesn't care about Africa, then Africa should care about themselves.

I am going to be President, I will care for my citizenry and lead them to a land of peace and prosperity!

Please hold this dream and don't let it go.
This is one of the most sensible things I have read on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by Horus(m): 3:44pm On Jan 21, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehRfBcmeyCE

What will happen to Africa during Trump presidency?
Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by Adminisher: 3:50pm On Jan 21, 2017
Aufbauh:
If i should say what i know about Donald Trump the whole of America will be on fire. grin

The prophetic emergence of Donald Trump as the 45th United states President is for the liberation of all the developing nations,and at the same time the falling off cosmopolitanism.

I see developing countries rising to take charge and i also see great migration from the so called super nations to smaller ones.

Americans will enjoy within the confines of their domain but their foreign clouts will wither.

Correct.
Americans will however not 'enjoy' within the confines of their domain. Their economy cannot grow more than 1per cent annually without foreign trade and immigrants.
Please go to a US airport or Mall now, all you see are old white people and some young brown people. This demographic issues will worsen. With Trump this situation will get worse. They will become like Japan.

Nigeria should get serious. Stop corruption, fix infrastructure and Institute a livable cities program where there will be two cities in Nigeria (at least) with 24 hour light, water and internet to attract talent back. We can do a lot to join the China's and India s of this world and take this century.
America is tired already.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by suchmuch: 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hmm
Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hahahaha cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin Yess....both common and uncommon sense lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

[quote author=Splinz post=53002858][/quote]
Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by obaaderemi: 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
Adminisher:

Correct.
Americans will however not 'enjoy' within the confines of their domain. Their economy cannot grow more than 1per cent annually without foreign trade and immigrants.
Please go to a US airport or Mall now, all you see are old white people and some young brown people. This demographic issues will worsen. With Trump this situation will get worse. They will become like Japan.

Nigeria should get serious. Stop corruption, fix infrastructure and Institute a livable cities program where there will be two cities in Nigeria (at least) with 24 hour light, water and internet to attract talent back. We can do a lot to join the China's and India s of this world and take this century.
Who are you?I THink you are very smart.

2 Likes

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by Godprotectigbo2(f): 7:32pm On Jan 21, 2017
IF ONLY NIGERIAN WILL LISTEN TO UR CALLING

we should move our own country forward
Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2017
God helps those who help themselves

2 Likes

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by babyfaceafrica: 9:04pm On Jan 21, 2017
Story
Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by able20(m): 10:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
A lesson for some Nigerians who may still believe America is God's own country, or a land full of milk and Honey.Trump
is warning you guys keep Off! America is for Americans, go and make your own country strong again.

2 Likes

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 21, 2017
sarrki:
Baby Ngo

Or you should apologized to her for false accusation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by greatfa2013(m): 12:05am On Jan 22, 2017
Adminisher:

Correct.

Nice piece of write up
Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by devilson(m): 12:20am On Jan 22, 2017
Adminisher:

Correct.

this is the first time I will agree with you.trump will definitely give American back to d white but he will not make American great.American greatness doesn't lay on there economy nor military power,American is great cause it's like the world capital.if trump should carry out his threat he would only make American another Japan nd maybe worst.
if only countries like china Nd Russia can use this opportunity nd av immigrant population like American they would be the future world power.

I don't care bout the three nation though all I want is a Nigeria where we would produce all our own stuff nd stop depending on the west.
Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by lovat(m): 12:21am On Jan 22, 2017
sarrki:
Baby Ngo

Shut up
Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by devilson(m): 12:31am On Jan 22, 2017
I pray dumb trump carry out his threat maybe our stupid government will sit there ass down nd think.
trump will hand over America to the whites but his policy Will not make American great.American greatness lies on one thing_ immigration rate,American will now seize to stop being capital of the world if immigrants reduce.

Indian has population
china has the richest economy
Russia has strongest military but are not as great as America cause of there foreign policy.

with China romance with African countries nd there plan on the China super league it's only a matter of time they would oust USA as world capital nd African countries will one day take there destiny into there hand.

American will just become another Rome
Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 12:38am On Jan 22, 2017
Adminisher:

Correct.

Funny Assertion. Maybe you should leave their airport and malls and go to their high schools and colleges...
Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by Joel3(m): 2:31am On Jan 22, 2017
Trump is trying to isolate America and planning allies with Russia and isreal. countries like Britain, Germany, France, China, southern Americas & Muslim nation are already shivering. this is the new world order. do as I saw. eliminating all extremist Muslims to bring peace to mother earth. Muslims would have done the same if they are the world power. example in Nigeria. e.g the Fulani Muslims killing Christians in Nigeria since buhari became president and the President is not doing anything...

just imagine if buhari is in charge of the over 35 thousands nuclear warhead code box in America which trump is now in possession of. the fulani would have given praise to Allah and roasted all the Biafra, afonja, Niger Delta Christan and claim all their land and kidnap the women to sex slaves.. the Isis would also attacked the world and bombed isreal all nations.

to scare you further trump want to dissolved UN so he can freely dictate the affairs of America without foreign interference and the world at large, he will not concede defect if he lost and with Russia as standby allies and Israel by his side the Europe and Muslim countries are in trouble. he will freely bombed any Islamic nation that dea him. or any country that challenge him. another Hitler is here a new era and Muslim nation is already afraid.

ISIS and boko haram, herdsmen will be a thing of the past. and I see more countries building more nuclear in this new era. no more climates change funding as trump don't care and America is first.

God bless America and God bless Christians and Jews. a transition to a new peaceful world. an era common sense.
Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by nwabobo: 3:47am On Jan 22, 2017
Aufbauh:

Dude, why were you deported from Germany?

1 Like

Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by sarrki(m): 5:47am On Jan 22, 2017
lovat:
Shut up

We are not in a motor park
Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by koladebrainiac(m): 6:41am On Jan 22, 2017
Hexxrr
Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by koladebrainiac(m): 6:48am On Jan 22, 2017
Trump
Re: How Trump's Presidency Will Affect Africa- Okonjo-iweala by Pontaboki: 9:59am On Jan 22, 2017
Afonja and illiterate cattle rearer.You unborn generation cannot match Okonjo.
sarrki:
Baby Ngo

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: Gov. Okorocha Moves To Stop Ihedioha's Swearing In As Governor / Pictures Of Owerri: 100days Of Gov Hope Uzodimma / PDP National Leadership Swears In Enugu State EXCO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.