Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,260 members, 7,826,014 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Pains After A Scan - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pains After A Scan (1484 Views)

10 Pains Of The Nigerian Bachelor / Help! She Wants To Get Pregnant Because Of Excruciating Pains In Her Period / Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pains After A Scan by ohije(m): 4:14pm On Feb 23, 2012
A coleague & friend of mine discovered she had abdominal pain after a first pregnancy scan. Is this normal? Why pain?
Re: Pains After A Scan by Outstrip(f): 7:09pm On Feb 23, 2012
What kind of scan did she get
Re: Pains After A Scan by agiboma(f): 9:30pm On Feb 23, 2012
You have not given us enough information. What type of pain is it, dull, sharp, rediating etc. You need to tell us the specific pain and the duration of the pain. It could be normal pregnancy pain, or labour, how far along is she in the pregnancy.
Re: Pains After A Scan by ohije(m): 1:28pm On Feb 24, 2012
Just about 2month old and d scan is her 1st. The pain started few minute after d scan. She said the pain is a bit hard. Can we assume d lab person applied too much pressure while carrying out d scan?
Re: Pains After A Scan by blank(f): 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2012
My dear, go to the doctor. When it comes to first trimester and pains, do not try to second-guess. This life is just once you live it. Let the doctor confirm that there is nothing wrong.
Re: Pains After A Scan by Outstrip(f): 3:34pm On Feb 24, 2012
When I said what kind of scan I meant if it was the one were they insert it or just the typical one were they actually scan your abdomen. 2 months is actually early for any scan unless there is an underlying issue.
Re: Pains After A Scan by blank(f): 4:27pm On Feb 24, 2012
2 months is not early but normal. Most hospitals carry out 3 scans. One at 8-10weeks, another at 20 weeks and the third at 36 weeks. I am concerned that she is experiencing pains just from a normal scan. Do check with ur doctor.
Re: Pains After A Scan by agiboma(f): 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2012
Let her go an see a qualified OBGYN doctor. Their are many reasons why she ca be having the pain early in pregnancy and only a doctor would be able to assist appropriately. GL
Re: Pains After A Scan by Outstrip(f): 12:29am On Feb 25, 2012
blank:

2 months is not early but normal. Most hospitals carry out 3 scans. One at 8-10weeks, another at 20 weeks and the third at 36 weeks. I am concerned that she is experiencing pains just from a normal scan. Do check with ur doctor.

Why so many scans? Is that typical in the UK?
Re: Pains After A Scan by blank(f): 9:24am On Feb 25, 2012
It is in Naija. The 2 hospitals I went to said same.
Re: Pains After A Scan by agiboma(f): 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2012
as far as i know its 3 scans, in Nigeria and also in Canada, with my son the pregnancy was high risk so i had 2 scans a week after 20 weeks.
Re: Pains After A Scan by Outstrip(f): 4:18pm On Feb 25, 2012
I am surprised by Canada though. In the US it is at about 16-20 weeks and you can opt out. It is even recommended that you do not do it if you can avoid it. The only times ultra sounds are necessary is for possible health issues. I had them with both my boys to check their sex and honestly that was not even necessary.
Re: Pains After A Scan by Outstrip(f): 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2012
I also remember doing one with my older son because I had an accident when I was pregnant with him and I was spotting a little after the accident

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Some Pastors' Children The Most Troublesome? / Can A Wife Advise Her Husband Or Just Keeps Praying For Him? / Should I Sell A Gift From My Uncle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.