Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,075 members, 7,835,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? (16330 Views)

Poll: Who Do You Consider The Best?

Funmi Iyanda: 53% (58 votes)
Agatha Amata: 10% (11 votes)
Mo Abudu: 36% (40 votes)
This poll has ended

Meet The Divas Of Enter-hot-ment, The Rich, The Glamorous, The Trashy Etc.. / Tonto Dikeh, Afro Candy, Maheeda, Who Do You Consider The Weirdest? / Greatest Divas Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by amakaikeng(f): 12:14pm On Feb 24, 2012
I call them the three divas of talk show in Nigeria and you’ll agree with me that between Funmi Iyanda, Agatha Amata and  Mo Abudu (in no particular order) these three women have done phenomenally well for themselves in broadcast journalism.

However, I have often wondered who the best is amongst them. I mean, I was having a conversation with a friend on who the best talk show host in Nigeria is and she mentioned a name I didn’t quite agree with so I decided to bring the discussion here, http://amakaikenga..com/2012/02/three-divas-of-talk-show-in-nigeria.html

So, who would you consider the best TV Talk Show host in Nigeria between Funmi Iyanda, Agatha Amata and MO Abudu? All vote now. LOL

Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by Outstrip(f): 3:45pm On Feb 24, 2012
I like Funmi Iyanda. Never heard any of the other womens views on anything
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:51pm On Feb 24, 2012
[size=18pt]Agatha is boring. . . . She asks and answers the questions before the guests can even say their part. . .

Who is Funmi Iyanda?! Is her show aired on radio Nigeria or what?! 

Mo. . . . Now that girl is aiight. . . And also has some high profile guests on her show as well . . . . . Plus, I no go mind. .  Just kidding
If I were to pick a best, then it would be MO. .
[/size]
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by hardbody: 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2012
@ OP
None of them comes within my definition of a Diva, perhaps you can now rephrase your question if you want my input.
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by sandee575(f): 7:14pm On Feb 24, 2012
MO is simply WORLD CLASS
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by Dsage1: 7:20pm On Feb 24, 2012
For me, Mo talk show is great.
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by Basics007: 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2012
Agatha Amata
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 24, 2012
Funmi Iyanda all d way followed by Mo, Agatha is just no match for this two.
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by sholasys: 7:37pm On Feb 24, 2012
All are lonely chiks, funmi looks more sexy
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by ekwynwa: 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2012
Fumi is my lady any day; she has being around and really  good at what she does

Mo is good but acts more like a wannabe with her lips twisting

Agatha is  just there I don’t feel her show at all
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by naso2(m): 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2012
ekwy nwa:

Fumi is my lady any day; she has being around and really good at what she does

Mo is good but acts more like a wannabe with her lips twisting
Agatha is just there I don’t feel her show at all

God bless you, infact nothing disgusts me more than her lip twisting/curling acts. Mo appears too fake for my liking.

Agatha's case is just like " me sef go do my own talk show " Nuff said

Fumni appears Original and better informed than the others.

I rank Adesuwa oyenekwe higher than them all.
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by Finland(m): 7:48pm On Feb 24, 2012
Funmi <3
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by vescucci(m): 7:53pm On Feb 24, 2012
Mo Abudu comes across as pretentious and feigning depth. But there's no doubt she's the most glamorous amongst them. Funmi, I like a lot. She's absolutely not disconnected from her audience. No pretense and down to earth. And Mo has nothing on intelligence or even diction or whatever. I don't even consider Funmi to be in their class jare. I dunno who the hell the other woman is.
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by Lolamida(m): 7:56pm On Feb 24, 2012
Fummi Iyanda is the best
PLS KINDLY INFORM NTA TO BRING BACK VILLAGE HEADMASTER
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by wesley80(m): 8:04pm On Feb 24, 2012
MO definitely. Her show's about the only one that's watchable, can't even stand watching Agatha's even when even if u say she acts like a wannabe, then she's doing great being the "be" she wanted to be!
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by wesley80(m): 8:06pm On Feb 24, 2012
MO definitely. Her show's about the only one that's watchable, can't even stand watching Agatha's even if u say Mo acts like a wannabe, then she's doing great being the "be" she wanted to be!
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by touchmeder: 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2012
Funmi i like best
Agatha is that show still on? lipsrsealed
Mo not bad too
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by pedestal82(m): 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2012
Is been single and lonly a criteria for them been talk show Divas. Just asking.
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by nedu2000(m): 8:23pm On Feb 24, 2012
Ironically,they r all either divorced or unmarried
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by warripekin(m): 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2012
Funmi is the best. She is intelligent and loquacious but make a lot of sense. Mo like someone said is a wanna be. But she upped the game and seem to be well connected. She get swag and did hear some body say she is hot? Agatha, used to be interesting but could not take her game to the next level. She is also intelligent.
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 24, 2012
Mo remains the best.
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by babyme1(f): 8:37pm On Feb 24, 2012
Mo all the way
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by yam: 8:49pm On Feb 24, 2012
@poster,

Well done, a good marking strategy, now we know u have a blog.
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by poweredcom(m): 8:52pm On Feb 24, 2012
Mo Abudu, when ever she talks men her lips are sexy feel she suck me dry LOL
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by muyoto: 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2012
I think I will go for funmi. she's funny, down-to-earth, lively and engaging in refreshing, seamless way.

Mo is okay, but her occasional affectations can be annoying. To her credit, she has interviewed some pretty high profile guests, (perhaps more than the other two) and I guess that counts in her favor.

Agatha dey try also.
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by igbaodun: 9:19pm On Feb 24, 2012
yoruba all the way
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by kbdrim(m): 9:24pm On Feb 24, 2012
I would go with Mo however IMO MEE MOFE DAMIJO was the best, these three dont come close to her MEE and U show, For those who were 90's TV peeps.U know what Im talking about.
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by Shalomdee(f): 9:31pm On Feb 24, 2012
All three women are doing a great job but I find Mo Abudu more interesting. I love her show and would vote her the best anytime. As for being 'fake', I haven't noticed that at all.
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 24, 2012
MO ofcourse
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by Yeske2(m): 10:14pm On Feb 24, 2012
Make i no lie, funmi does it for me anyday, anytime.
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by Jarus(m): 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2012
None of the above.
Re: The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? by tlo(f): 10:53pm On Feb 24, 2012
Funmi's the best of the lot. She's very down to earth, compassionate, full of life and a pleasure to watch.
Mo on the other hand has got it going on, but seems to like the sound of her own voice and is always trying to finish off the sentences of her guests, especially when they're not very fluent in English. If i remember correctly, when she interviewed Adesuwa Onyenokwe on her (Mo's) show, Mo did most of the talking and Adesuwa appeared to be the host. Adesuwa's really good too.
I don't care much for Agatha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Take A Look At Wizkid’s Family – His Mum, Dad, Sons And Babymamas / Speed Darlington Calls Obasanjo An International Thief / "I Am Going To Buy A Private Jet" - Dammy Krane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.