Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4446794 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sdbaba: 7:35pm On Mar 28, 2012
Oga Feelamong... pls I'm interested in investing in T-Bills. Can you pls contact me on sanya_1000@yahoo.com on how to go about this and which firms to deal with. pls treat as urgent. many thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by atiku07(m): 8:09pm On Mar 28, 2012
@feelamong pls kindly get across de investment procedure and and expected return on a particular amonut invested from 100k and above very urgent pls to bobosegee@yahoo.co.uk thanks in anticipation

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevehoney(m): 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2012
Oga feelamong, please if i invest N500,000 can you work it out what the value will be in 6 months time. send to stephenokereke@gmail.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:59pm On Mar 28, 2012
atiku07:
@feelamong pls kindly get across de investment procedure and and expected return on a particular amonut invested from 100k and above very urgent pls to bobosegee@yahoo.co.uk thanks in anticipation

check ur mail!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:59pm On Mar 28, 2012
sdbaba: Oga Feelamong... pls I'm interested in investing in T-Bills. Can you pls contact me on sanya_1000@yahoo.com on how to go about this and which firms to deal with. pls treat as urgent. many thanks
check ur mail..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:01pm On Mar 28, 2012
p. rimzi:
@Feelamong, you are doing a great job and i really appreciate your efforts (sure a lotta others do too) thanks men! keep up the good work and GOD bless.
Thanks bro! We all need the knowledge..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by stevehoney(m): 9:11pm On Mar 28, 2012
oga feelamong i am still waiting can you forward the once you send to atiku and others to me. i am interested in investing in TB. stephenokereke@gmail.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:12pm On Mar 28, 2012
stevehoney: Oga feelamong, please if i invest N500,000 can you work it out what the value will be in 6 months time. send to stephenokereke@gmail.com

How Do I Calculate The Returns On Investment?
Treasury bills are issued at a discount. Therefore, the yield that you get upon the maturity of the bill is the difference between the purchase price and the maturity price. For example, if you pay N95 (discount rate being 5%) for a Treasury bill with a face value of N100 at an auction for a 1-year Treasury bill, your yield to maturity, or amount earned if you hold the bond for one year, is (S$100-S$95) / 95 x 100 = 5.26%.

lets say the discount rate is 15% for 1 year.
you will pay N425,000.
if you hold to maturity = (500,000-425,000)/425,000 * 100 = 17.64%

In essence if you hold for one year ur effective yield is N88,235.3

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:15pm On Mar 28, 2012
stevehoney: oga feelamong i am still waiting can you forward the once you send to atiku and others to me. i am interested in investing in TB. stephenokereke@gmail.com

hahahahaha..check ur mail!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sdbaba: 9:29pm On Mar 28, 2012
feelamong:
check ur mail..

Thanks. Will contact you soon
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by thaira(f): 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2012
This is Interesting. @OP, do you mean that i can just walk into my bank and tell them i want to buy treasury bills? If so, is it better to deal with banks or...?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:46pm On Mar 28, 2012
thaira: This is Interesting. @OP, do you mean that i can just walk into my bank and tell them i want to buy treasury bills? If so, is it better to deal with banks or...?

Yea you can actually walk into any bank and ask for it....but most bankers do not like to market this pdt cos it does not count amongst their deposit target...

i will advice you go instead to their treasury or investment banking arm.....for me i do mine thru a bank investment banking arm/subsidiary

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by SAHEASY: 10:11pm On Mar 28, 2012
p. rimzi:
@Feelamong, you are doing a great job and i really appreciate your efforts (sure a lotta others do too) thanks men! keep up the good work and GOD bless.
dat is nice job,keep it up

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yogun(f): 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2012
Wow!!!
Great job feelamong
I just sent you ɑ̈ mail
Pls check

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 28, 2012
omo-yankee:
Sure beats US bonds, I will look into buying some. When is the next auction and how can I buy? (I reside in the US)

U are trying to invite someone.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmykpes(m): 10:39pm On Mar 28, 2012
Pls, oga Feelamong, am highly interested in all about TB.kindly furnish me with all materials to let me know where to get it to buy,how to bid,when to bid, best periods to go for (i.e. Monthly or yearly),how to calculate my profits and any trusted banks and discounted houses that you know or worked with.pls,help to send to my e-mail: emmsabu@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by groovie(m): 11:48pm On Mar 28, 2012
feelamong my guy, abeg ehn my email address is ottiandrew@hotmail.com. Am realy interested in where to buy and how interest will be paid. E.g. Dat 88k u talked about is it at d end of the year o monthly? Wil they pay it into my account? Thanks 4 ur help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by master2(m): 3:55am On Mar 29, 2012
Good job @ feelamong. This what we should be doing on nairaland and not the opposite of ppl trying to show their hate n how they can insult others. @ feelamong, u have given part of ur knowledge hence u shall increase in all sides. My mail is sulebeetia@gmail.com

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ojdollars(m): 4:08am On Mar 29, 2012
@All .... When do we stop being Selfish in this Country? This guy Mr.Feelamong took his precious time to enlighten every users and guest to this Forum about the Nigeria Treasury Bill, and instead of everyone to Aks the Question in the Open and demand for an Open answer for others to learn from, they are all providing their email address, only me wants to get the secret of wealth amounts to nowhere. We need the spirit of Collaboration in West Africa to make Progress.

@feelamong (Mr.) Thank you for the great Job you are doing here. I have a question regarding this Treasury Bill, if I go to my Diamond Bank or First Bank Branch here in my State of residence. Would they be able to help me out on this? Is it all banking insitution that has an idea about this Treasury Bill and can educate one about it? What would be the interest if I deposit or buy the Treasury Bill with the Sum of the following:

1) 500,000 Thousand Naira
2) 1,000,000 Million Naira
3) 1,500,000 Million Naira
4) 2,000.000 Million Naira
5) 2,500,000 Million Naira
6) 3,000,000 Million Naira and above.

I break it into this form, cause this is the Big Question in the Mind of all readers or all those who are following this post, can't sign up to comment for one reason or the other, but are learning anf eager to have this Big Question in their minds answered. Please it would do so much good if you would take your time to enlighten us and educate us on how much those figure up there can generate for any Nigerian with such an amount of Money readily for investment within the stipulated period of time the Treasury Bills pays back interest. 3months, 6months and 1year. Thank you

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:44am On Mar 29, 2012
yogun: Wow!!!
Great job feelamong
I just sent you ɑ̈ mail
Pls check

replied you!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:46am On Mar 29, 2012
victorels:
U are trying to invite someone.

meen... can you believe that most of the investors in these Tbills are foreign investors and foreign portfolio managers.....getting yields as high as 16% which they cannot get anywhere for an investment that is risk less and safe!

so annoying that our bankers would only market you to do fixed deposit which yield only about 7 -9% p.a

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:48am On Mar 29, 2012
emmykpes: Pls, oga Feelamong, am highly interested in all about TB.kindly furnish me with all materials to let me know where to get it to buy,how to bid,when to bid, best periods to go for (i.e. Monthly or yearly),how to calculate my profits and any trusted banks and discounted houses that you know or worked with.pls,help to send to my e-mail: emmsabu@yahoo.co.uk

You actually have all these details on the thread!!! The next bidding date is today..29/03/2012 while the next one would be on the 12/04/2012

Just ask your bankers to assist you.. if they cannot they I will introduce you to the guy that does mine for me..

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:52am On Mar 29, 2012
groovie: feelamong my guy, abeg ehn my email address is ottiandrew@hotmail.com. Am realy interested in where to buy and how interest will be paid. E.g. Dat 88k u talked about is it at d end of the year o monthly? Wil they pay it into my account? Thanks 4 ur help.

No wahala bros!!All the info you need to get into Tbills is on this thread... You actually get your interets upfront and the principal back after the 91 days or 182 days or ..365days depending on the tenor you have chosen..

BTW.. dat 88k interets in the eg above is for the year o!!! not monthly abeg!! FGN no be money doublers naaa!!

They will actually pay both your upfront interest and principal into ur account at maturity.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 7:53am On Mar 29, 2012
master2: Good job @ feelamong. This what we should be doing on nairaland and not the opposite of ppl trying to show their hate n how they can insult others. @ feelamong, u have given part of ur knowledge hence u shall increase in all sides. My mail is sulebeetia@gmail.com

Thanks bro!!! I have leant a lot on Naira land and I think its pay back time for me!!

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:01am On Mar 29, 2012
ojdollars: @All .... When do we stop being Selfish in this Country? This guy Mr.Feelamong took his precious time to enlighten every users and guest to this Forum about the Nigeria Treasury Bill, and instead of everyone to Aks the Question in the Open and demand for an Open answer for others to learn from, they are all providing their email address, only me wants to get the secret of wealth amounts to nowhere. We need the spirit of Collaboration in West Africa to make Progress.

@feelamong (Mr.) Thank you for the great Job you are doing here. I have a question regarding this Treasury Bill, if I go to my Diamond Bank or First Bank Branch here in my State of residence. Would they be able to help me out on this? Is it all banking insitution that has an idea about this Treasury Bill and can educate one about it? What would be the interest if I deposit or buy the Treasury Bill with the Sum of the following:

1) 500,000 Thousand Naira
2) 1,000,000 Million Naira
3) 1,500,000 Million Naira
4) 2,000.000 Million Naira
5) 2,500,000 Million Naira
6) 3,000,000 Million Naira and above.

I break it into this form, cause this is the Big Question in the Mind of all readers or all those who are following this post, can't sign up to comment for one reason or the other, but are learning anf eager to have this Big Question in their minds answered. Please it would do so much good if you would take your time to enlighten us and educate us on how much those figure up there can generate for any Nigerian with such an amount of Money readily for investment within the stipulated period of time the Treasury Bills pays back interest. 3months, 6months and 1year. Thank you

As i have always said.. your bankers should be able to do this for you.. but the problem is that most of our bankers are actually not knowledgeable enough to understand and many are only target concious for current account and savings account or fixed deposit...thats why i said you try those in Treasury or the Investment bankers.

I have done the breakdown for N500k on a one year tenor for 15% interest rate....I think we can extrapolate from there but it will not be very accurate....

So for N1M at the same rate and tenor we should be looking at N176K
for N2M we should be looking at N352K
for N3M ..............N519K

if you say you want to deal at 91 days then i think the simple way forward (not very accurate) is to divide the figure you get as interest by 4

So for N1M invested for 91 days you get N44K
For N2M you get ..............N88K
for N3M you get ...........N132K

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by snthesis(m): 8:26am On Mar 29, 2012
@op
very nice!! tanx 4d education
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Kessyy2k4(m): 8:35am On Mar 29, 2012
Master seg: pls,for past 3 weeks i have been asking for who can teach me recharge card printing,i am a student somebody advice to start recharge printing to support my self in school.i want t0 be printing and distributing it my self.i want somebody to help me out of this.even if it is to be an apprentice so that i will no it i will do that to survive my self as a student.my number is 07032355156

here is somebody i wish to report to all d nairalander. His name mensah peter, he scammed away my $1047 via LR. Is e-mail mensahpeter8@yahoo.com. I want all nairalander to pls help me contact him 2 refund back my money tanx.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Godmann(m): 8:39am On Mar 29, 2012
After the crash of the stock market, is the game treasury bill now?

I hate Treasury bill because it is a way of borrowing by an ineffective corrupt Federal government. Why will I further give my money to a government I can hardly trust?

Given the scale of our internal dept, which is unprecedented, allowing this government to further borrow is uncalled for. I cannot be part of it until Nigeria begins to work.

To those that wants to buy, mark you, it is as good as trusting your money to Nigeria. You are lending to Nigeria government. That is what it is.

Good luck if you choose to

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 8:46am On Mar 29, 2012
Godman_n: After the crash of the stock market, is the game treasury bill now?

I hate Treasury bill because it is a way of borrowing by an ineffective corrupt Federal government. Why will I further give my money to a government I can hardly trust?

Given the scale of our internal dept, which is unprecedented, allowing this government to further borrow is uncalled for. I cannot be part of it until Nigeria begins to work.

To those that wants to buy, mark you, it is as good as trusting your money to Nigeria. You are lending to Nigeria government. That is what it is.

I agree with you that its borrowing to an inept govt.. but do you fee better borrowing to an inept bank executive? that only gives you 7% for ur Fixed deposit in their bank with all the attendant risk?....the fact is that the govt cannot fail you! just ask the foreign portfolio magrs falling over themselves to buy up the Tbills!

i suggest you read up more on Tbills!

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 9:14am On Mar 29, 2012
Godman_n: After the crash of the stock market, is the game treasury bill now?

I also think, it would be nice to let you know dat at the moment.. Traesury Bills si one of the MOST KEPT SECRETS OF BANKS..... They collect money from you and I at 2% interest (savings account) and 0% (current acct) and invest in TBills at 16%....Just take a look at the audited reports for banks that have been realeased for 2011 year end and you will see what am saying...

FCMB invested N12Billion
ACCESS BANK invested N63Billion
GTB Invested N256Billion
Zenith Bank Invested N516Billion

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yogun(f): 10:31am On Mar 29, 2012
Getting more interesting

God bless you for dis info

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.