Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,410 members, 7,853,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

Why Churches Who Register With C.a.c Must Be Taxed - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Churches Who Register With C.a.c Must Be Taxed (1301 Views)

Buhari Plans To Install Northerner As C.A.N Leader, Group Alleges / Religious Organizations To Be Taxed. / Do You Think Our Churches Should Be Taxed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Churches Who Register With C.a.c Must Be Taxed by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 24, 2012
I've opened at least 3 businesses in my life time at the CAC and i was made to understand that my filling the form two was to make my business eligible to pay taxes, in the bigger sense.
I once attended an upcoming church way back, when the owner decided to register the Church with the CAC! because thats what every church do,and i found him and his inner circle filling the same forms that shows your business should become taxable in the long run.
Now many churches are registering with the CAC and raising up Trust Committees. Some of these Churches even register their name as a Limited Liability Company. Please someone prove me wrong?

I'm taking up this matter to a friend at the House of Reps so he can chip it through lobbying to be deliberated on the floor. but before i do that please tell me one reason why these Churches must not pay tax?
Re: Why Churches Who Register With C.a.c Must Be Taxed by adejimota: 8:44pm On Feb 24, 2012
i want to know why churches register with the c.a.c. only businesses register so what concerns a church in business.

you can not find this situation with muslim organizations.
Re: Why Churches Who Register With C.a.c Must Be Taxed by Jeel: 12:38pm On Feb 25, 2012
Try and see what will happen to you
Re: Why Churches Who Register With C.a.c Must Be Taxed by FXKing2012(m): 7:03am On Feb 28, 2012
A church is not set up for the purpose of making profit consequently has no business registering with the CAC and should not pay tax. I believe churches should only register with their umbrella body such as CAN - for Nigerian churches.
Re: Why Churches Who Register With C.a.c Must Be Taxed by Nobody: 8:51am On Feb 28, 2012
that is if you havent met a church that has registered with the CAC. but they do register, and if thye do they should pay tax. but why is the government overlooking this fact?

(1) (Reply)

Why Did Jesus Christ Talked More About Hell Than About The Joys Of Heaven? / ard / AMAZING Testimony Of HEAVEN,HELL & The Condition Of Today’s Church+audio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.