Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

The Power Of Prayer. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of Prayer. (628 Views)

The Power Behind Sex / DO NOT MISS THIS: THE MYSTERIES OF PRAYER REVEALED PART(1) / PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME :The True Essence Of Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of Prayer. by Ideraolu: 11:28am On Feb 25, 2012
We have read of great stories in the bible on the power of prayer.

What is that unique situation that the Lord turned around through the power of prayer?

Please let's keep it real, The aim is to encourage others and edify God not personal glorification.
Re: The Power Of Prayer. by Kay17: 12:42pm On Feb 25, 2012
^^
What is the use of prayers since god is said to be omniscient?
Re: The Power Of Prayer. by Lasinoh: 10:18am On Feb 26, 2012
We can see what the power of 'Prayer' is doing in Nigeria and all over Africa.
POVERTY!!! grin

Abeg, make I go back to sleep go recover from my weekend 'owanbe' jare. Serious jams with 'nwa baby' and 'chop my money' remixes. I must have lost 20 pounds I tellya!!! cool
See as jollof rice stain my fine white aso ebi finish? Kai!!!!
I can't wait for the pictures. cool
God is good all the time.
No need to pray! cool
I thank awa God! cool
Life is gooooooooooooooooooooooood!!!!
Nigeria, here I come!!!! cool
Re: The Power Of Prayer. by Jack65: 11:34am On Feb 26, 2012
Prayer doesn't work period!!! Nobody is listening.
Re: The Power Of Prayer. by tpia5: 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2012
i'm also interested in the right way to pray:

luke 11 1-4

1 One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.”

2 He said to them, “When you pray, say:

“‘Father,

hallowed be your name,

your kingdom come.

3 Give us each day our daily bread.

4 Forgive us our sins,

for we also forgive everyone who sins against us

And lead us not into temptation.
Re: The Power Of Prayer. by tpia5: 10:27pm On Feb 26, 2012
kjv

1 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.

2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say,

Our Father which art in heaven,

Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come.

Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

3 Give us day by day our daily bread.

4 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us.

And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
Re: The Power Of Prayer. by Ideraolu: 6:33pm On Feb 27, 2012
Kay 17:

^^
What is the use of prayers since god is said to be omniscient?

Its like a son that refuses to convey his needs to his father, hoping the father should know what he should be getting at every giving time, and a Child that constantly keeps the father informed of his ever changing needs. grin grin grin

Jack65:

Prayer doesn't work period!!! Nobody is listening.

Just because you haven't seen the impact of prayer doesn't mean it doesn't work; Sin, Curse, Evil dedication and some satanic forces are strong tools that hinders prayers hence giving the expectants the view that prayer doesn't work. The Lord still answers prayers. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Proudly Christian! / Seven Satanic Deceptions / The Lord Is A Bad Mamma Jamma. He Aint To Be Messed With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.