Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Proudly Christian! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Proudly Christian! (629 Views)

I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here / Endoftimes: Artist Proudly Tattoos 666 On His Forehead –PHOT0 / Apostle Paul Proudly Declared To Be A Foolishman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proudly Christian! by dianah(f): 4:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
I love TV alot, I even declared being a TV addict playfully HERE, I am not going to pretend like I always watch TBN cos that would be like me saying I always watch CNN, Lie!
Well, I woke up this morning and was thinking how little I do to declare whose side I am on, I make subtle refences now and then on my blog about the being morally upright, but its so subtle that some people might fail to even see it.

Sometimes I actually think if I make the post too Christian people might not read it or even think it is boring, well I think I have underestimated my readers, because my blog posts with sound moral values eg NO GREY AREAS seem to have gotten more viewers and comments than most of the fun and playful posts I have written!

Final analysis, there are many closeted Christians! By closted christians I mean people who know what is right, even do what is right but fail to say so, or publicly declare their moral values and beliefs because they are worried of what poeople will say. No one wants to be called a goody tow shoe I guess.

I used to be one of such, No More! from today I chose to declare that I am #ProudlyChristian!

God has been too good to me, I need people to know that, so every sunday I will have a post henceforth declaring that.

Its a new week, a new month and I have started a lot of things mentally, just waiting to see them come to reality, and I am making God a part of it all the way.

I would advice you do same, Lets take a stand for God and lets watch how He makes everything else fall in line to work in our favour.

Visit: www.dianahsplace.info
Twitter: @dianahsplace
Re: Proudly Christian! by Enigma(m): 4:36pm On Jun 03, 2012
dianah: . . . there are many closeted Christians! By closted christians I mean people who know what is right, even do what is right but fail to say so, or publicly declare their moral values and beliefs because they are worried of what poeople will say. No one wants to be called a goody tow shoe I guess. . . .

The witchunting of the mercurial and accomplished Ben Carson, as commented upon in the following link for example, will give an indication of why some keep their Christianity 'closeted' ---- especially in "intellectual" Western countries I mean. [EDITED]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/answer-sheet/post/ben-carsons-creationist-views-spark-controvery-over-commencement-speech/2012/05/08/gIQAi0vsBU_blog.html

cool
Re: Proudly Christian! by Enigma(m): 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2012
An even better link, i.e. more explanatory on the specific issue for which Ben Carson has been subjected to the witchhunting.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-05-13/news/bs-ed-carson-20120513_1_michael-ruse-morality-evolution

cool
Re: Proudly Christian! by LogicMind: 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2012
desperate times calls for desperate measures
Re: Proudly Christian! by slimming: 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2012
God has been too good to me, I need people to know that, so every sunday I will have a post henceforth declaring that.

keep the promise going guy.
Re: Proudly Christian! by Ptolomeus(m): 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2012
To speak of honesty is in fashion. Applying it is difficult.
Pastors teach moral and ethical ... but knowing that tithe charge is immoral and against the Christian laws.

(1) (Reply)

Can We Truly And Wholly Be Free From Sin? / The Lord Is A Bad Mamma Jamma. He Aint To Be Messed With / Your Last Minute On Earth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.