Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours (5789 Views)

Keshi Calls Enyeama, Mikel Obi, 21 Others For Ethiopia / Mikel Obi Deletes Twitter Account After Racial Abuse / Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by mukina2: 11:37am On Feb 25, 2012
John Mikel Obi and his agent John Shittu have categorically refuted reports linking the Chelsea midfielder with a move to Russian big-spenders Anzhi Makhachkala.

Reports on Wednesday claimed the player was unhappy at Chelsea and would be open to a big money switch to Anzhi.

But Mikel told KickOffNigeria.com he was stunned by the reports

"I'm just hearing it from you, and I'm surprised," Mikel said. "I'm very happy here at Chelsea and I will keep doing my best for Chelsea.

"I have no plans to leave and the club have not told me anything about leaving."

Mikel's point was reinforced by his long time agent John Shittu.

"Of course a lot of clubs are interested in having him, but thee has been absolutely no contact at all with Anzhi.

"Right now, he is a Chelsea player and he will see out his contract unless the club says otherwise.

"I know he is happy at Chelsea and any suggestions that he wants to leave are rubbish at this time."

Mikel's unhappiness is said to stem from having lost his place in the Chelsea first team, but Shittu says the player is taking it in stride

"He has been nursed for a while now, and he came back and got 65 minutes in his first game. It is gradual. He will work his way back."

Shittu did leave a tiny crack open in the window regarding the possibility of that switch happening in the future.

"This is football, and we don't know what might happen at any time. Anything is possible. But at this moment, as I speak to you, that is not something that has been considered at all by the player."

http://www.kickoff.com/news/27212/mikel-rejects-anzhi-rumours.php
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by member10: 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2012
[size=22pt]this boi no sabi ball, mak him go sidon abeg! He should be happy say club wan buy am seff.[/size]
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by IykeD(m): 12:15pm On Feb 25, 2012
Finished tokunbo product!
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by Afam4eva(m): 12:38pm On Feb 25, 2012
Mikel still thinks he's a world-class player because Chelsea has not kicked him out. He should better be looking for a better future elsewhere. Money should be prime in his mind because chelsea has destroyed his football carreer.
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by kruku: 12:52pm On Feb 25, 2012
why do players keep saying they are happy in their clubs when it is obvious they are not? Is it a strategy or faking loyalty? i am not ogogoro fan and nt mikel's either but i think it is all over for him at ogogoro club. grin shocked
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by okosodo: 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2012
He is not a good footballer , simple
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by dipo1: 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2012
i hope the other young aspiring professional footballers learn from this illiterate. He used to look like a jewel to us, now he is worthless. One can only imagine what might have been if he held on to that manchester united shirt when he had it
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by chelseabmw(m): 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2012
make una leave this boy alone
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by dax2k2: 2:45pm On Feb 25, 2012
na kpomo footballer
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by Nemerem44(m): 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2012
Mikel is just an average player who doesn't add value to a team. He sold his career for money when he chose Chelsea over Man Utd. I think he is the worst player at chelsea at the moment after Lukaku.
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by Gaskia: 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2012
Mikel has been instrumental to some big wins at chelsea. He needs a good psychologist to push him back into form. He was right to reject man'u because Ferguson is a die hard anti africa. I love mikel and wish him well.
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 25, 2012
He should better go and enjoy is semi retiement money
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by sylve11: 4:22pm On Feb 25, 2012
okosodo:

He is not a good footballer , simple

ok, he is not a better footballer, simple! grin grin cool
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by snowdrops(m): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2012
Wont be surprised if he/his agent generated the rumours to start with that Anzhi were interested in him, only to later come forwards refuting the story.

Why; to create an atmosphere that other clubs are vying for his signature, therefore Chelsea would sit up and do all they can to make him happy at the club, ie, play him more regularly and upgrade his contract.

Bottom line remains that Mikel is one of the most over-rated international player Nigeria has ever produced. The quality of football he has been playing in Chelsea is only good enough for the Championship, end of.

NEXT STORY PLEASE.
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by McGeorge1(m): 5:50pm On Feb 25, 2012
Every footballer has his style of play. Steven 'G' plays long balls. Xavi plays short accurate passes. Mikel plays short back passes and provides covert for chelsea's back four He's the best passer of the ball in the epl so he's a good player if i may say afterall a dead Zidane is better than a living Gerrard who is so much respected. cool
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by dipo1: 9:23pm On Feb 25, 2012
Mc George:

Every footballer has his style of play. Steven 'G' plays long balls. Xavi plays short accurate passes. Mikel plays short back passes and provides covert for chelsea's back four He's the best passer of the ball in the epl so he's a good player if i may say afterall a dead Zidane is better than a living Gerrard who is so much respected. cool

Anybody can do that. He is a useless wimp
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by Fellywood(m): 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2012
Mikel dropped the ball the moment he joined Chelsea. That's what happens to people who are used to archieve a purpose, the typical Jose Maurinho's style. He uses people to make himself a special one, play crack/drugged football, kill if possible, wins, chulks up his cv & off to a better-paying team. You will see what will remain of the likes of pepe, marcello & other real madrid players when he leaves at the end of the season. Jose should go back to coaching school rather than relying on witch-doctors & crap football for results & in the end wasting talents.
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by 1025: 12:12am On Feb 26, 2012
the wisdom of nigerians on nairaland reflects the situation in nigeria. sometimes, i regret been a nigerian. a country where wickedness is the order of the day. most of us here cannot make self decisions but they think they can advise mikel.
mikel has made it in life. how many nigerians or africans have won the fa or premier league cups? history will not forget mikel if he decides to quit football today. with his savings, he if fit to go into quality businesses yet because some have access to free internet, they can afford to write thrash.
according to 2face Idibia, who God don bless, no one can cause.
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by HighChief4(m): 3:36am On Feb 26, 2012
Nemerem44:

Mikel is just an average player who doesn't add value to a team. He sold his career for money when he chose Chelsea over Man Utd. I think he is the worst player at chelsea at the moment after Lukaku.

dipo+:

i hope the other young aspiring professional footballers learn from this illiterate. He used to look like a jewel to us, now he is worthless. One can only imagine what might have been if he held on to that manchester united shirt when he had it

Maybe what happened to Manucho, Diouf, etc would have happened to him. Man U would have loaned him to a smaller club and kill his career. SAF does not fancy african players that much. So dont judge his decision
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by MAITEMA(m): 7:58am On Feb 26, 2012
I knew this boy's career was finished long time ago when his once promising attack minded game was compromised by Mourhino. He is simply finished and I will be surprised if he makes the Super Eagles team.

@1025 aka chidichris, this is not about the money he has made, every time Mikel is being discussed all you brag about is that he has made tons of money therefore he's better off than anyone else. This is about people's honest disappointment that Mikel didnt make it as an A-list footballer, I personally expected him to attain that height. In 2005 Mikel was compared to Messi. Today Messi is winning Ballon D'Or on a yearly basis and Mikel cant even make Chelsea's starting line up.
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by youngboss1(m): 10:01am On Feb 26, 2012
I dey laugh,mikel e beta make u say wetin dey ur mind & nt wetin dem say make u talk.pele ti e oooo
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by lamimuz: 12:07am On Feb 27, 2012
no smoke without fire!
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by dipo1: 7:58am On Feb 27, 2012
1025:

the wisdom of nigerians on nairaland reflects the situation in nigeria. sometimes, i regret been a nigerian. a country where wickedness is the order of the day. most of us here cannot make self decisions but they think they can advise mikel.
mikel has made it in life. how many nigerians or africans have won the fa or premier league cups? history will not forget mikel if he decides to quit football today. with his savings, he if fit to go into quality businesses yet because some have access to free internet, they can afford to write thrash.

Please see MAITEMA's response.
You are the one who lacks wisdom if you can't figure that we are expressing dissatisfaction of what was supposed to be a lustrous career for a player that had the talent to rule the world on the football field. Money is just one of many things that qualifies a person for happiness. Torres is definitely rich, but would trade all his weekly wages for success at the job
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by akonifreti: 11:37am On Feb 27, 2012
no smoke no fire
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by DONCHUKS(m): 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2012
Please, let this young man be, he did not eat whatever that is kept 4 anyone. To chelsea, he plays good football, they love him so much and they appreciate him, chelsea fans also loves him very much & i bet he will be a chelsea legend, cheers...
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by raphrinco: 11:07pm On Jun 23, 2012
MR SABI !! PERSON WEY NO SABI ,GOT BONUS OF 56 MILLION NAIRA FOR WINING THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE,AND WAS IN ACTION FROM BEGINING TO THE END OF MATCH,WHO GOD HAS BLESS NO ONE CAN CURSE!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HIS IS ON HIS HUDRED MILLION NAIRA MANSION ,CRUISING HIS 35 MILLION NAIRA BENTLEY HA HA HAHA HA while some people want to strangle them self in the cyber cafe computer ,insulting someother one, please lets pray for success and Gods favour!!!
كلورين: [size=22pt]this boi no sabi ball, mak him go sidon abeg! He should be happy say club wan buy am seff.[/size]
Re: Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours by raphrinco: 11:15pm On Jun 23, 2012
Dont mind them they should travel abroad and make 1 million pounds,get a permanent resident permit lets see,make assylum free and see if you will have any of them here again,some are in the cyber cafe hanging the computer for lesser pay,looking for oyibo woman to marry and dupe,looking for yahoo yahoo,looking for some ones phone to steal ,ha ha ha ha ha ha better pray for good life else your bad wishes to another person will turn back and envelope you.
1025: the wisdom of nigerians on nairaland reflects the situation in nigeria. sometimes, i regret been a nigerian. a country where wickedness is the order of the day. most of us here cannot make self decisions but they think they can advise mikel.

(1) (Reply)

Man United Players Salaries 2017-2018 (Player Contracts Revealed) / Super Falcons Rise To 32nd Position In FIFA Rankings / George Weah Or Abedi Pele, Who’s The Real African Football Legend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.