Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! (9807 Views)

Celtel Or Alder Consulting? Please Advise! / Intercontinental,alder And Vtn / Finally Alder Consulting Calling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by vindoheney(m): 10:36am On Nov 16, 2007
@realshosho,

am signing out too but i can tell you that if there is any problem with my statement, its because i am a fighter and i dig it till the end

I have not given up and i will fight to the very end until my dream of being in the right consultancy is achieved.you have shown me that i need to develop myself more and i will do just that then i am coming back.

I will let you know when i arrive there through this same medium.

Have a nice day
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by lababe1(f): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2007
@ subomi
Jus got in and saw your last psts. i sent my cv on tuesday, i believe. when should i expect a call for interview? i think i like what i hear about alder. its the kind of place ive always dreamed of. am working presently but will so like to cahnge jobs. will send the cv again righ tnow cos i hav to go off line asap. jus popped in to see watsup. pls respond.
@ all
congrats to dose who are doin good. good luk to dose waitin.
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by magneto(m): 1:04pm On Nov 16, 2007
@subomi - is application still on? whats the website?

@vindo - dude, she has a point.
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by vindoheney(m): 1:10pm On Nov 16, 2007
@Magneto,

I am going to give u an advice about Alder. They dont like ass lickers and incase u r fortunate enough to get called up for a round table interview, just be urself cos the interviewers r really good.

They can smell an ass licker immediately they see one. If u have an opinion i suggest u make it elaborate if not, u will not go past the first stage.

Have a nice day.
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by relentless: 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2007
the moment subomi walked into that room, i liked her person. when she began to talk, i was- for a few minutes- mesmerised and enamoured by her. well, she wouldnt possibly know who i am so its not like i am trying to court any favours here, but right now, i think i am hopelessly in love with both her person and her style of dealing with issues- just simply patient but efficient. in essence what i am trying to say is this- Alder consulting seems to be a place where ideas are cooked or generated or synthesized ON THE SPOT (note my emphasis). If you are a passive participant or if the ideas u propound are not sound or do not have a basis that can withstand scrutiny, if u are not able to communicate the ideas you have in a way that can possibly be understood by everyone present, then its not a matter of your competence being called to question, but your not fitting into their agenda. that, vindoheney, must have been where u put out a wrong foot. and i really am not in a position to talk about your attitude and people skills, but maybe you should work on that. Like i said, i am not holding brief for Alder consult, but its just the basic facts i was able to glean from my interview after the essay. actively participate, put out ideas and challenge others, they were not lying in their website when they said that the pace of work, flow of ideas never cease to amaze any one who comes in. For me, it didnt amaze me, it frightened me!

1 Like

Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by nard(m): 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2007
+234 Magazine is a branding tool for the country, and is hereby calling for submission of articles, short stories, expose', interviews, reviews, photographs, memoirs, cartoons, poems, and features, for its maiden publication soon.

We are looking for submissions with a strong bias for Nigeria, showing a Frenzied outburst of patriotism and works that will speak for the country in turn.

MISSION:
To promote and redefine Nigeria as a positive brand.

VISION:
By 2011, Nigeria and her brand 'Heart of Africa' will be thriving uniquely as an acceptable and advanced nation.

OBJECTIVES:
-To promote Nigeria as a positive brand, hence, ensuring a positive image for the country.
-Re-brand our image in a very handy medium.
-Promote positive and alluring perceptions of Nigeria, its people and values.
-Promote our people, resources, business, and all facets of Nigeria to the world

GUIDELINES:
Topical works with special relevance to Nigeria.
Submissions must be objective and accurate.
Meet international writing standards; normal grammatical standards in written English: use of correct punctuations and spelling.
Must be original, relevant sources must be referenced.
Submissions should be made along with a brief biography.
Submissions should be minimum of 1500 words and maximum of over 2500 words.
Deadline for submission is 19th November 2007.
Please all submissions should me emailed to info234magazine@gmail.com
For further enquiries call +234-803-780-3142.
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by kamsi(f): 8:17am On Nov 17, 2007
Hello Subomi
I applied and was not invited, but then my question is it only those that applied for consultancy that was called what about other departments were they also invited.
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by Dmajesty(m): 9:05am On Nov 17, 2007
Every year, young, energetic, and vibrant graduates are being pumped out of NYSC in two batches. Many of them travel here and there in search of greener pasture in several multinational companies, private companies, banks etc. but only a few remain lucky after several attempt. Is it because the barber does not know how to barb or that the blade is not sharp? Thorough research has discovered that the fault is from applicants and not the employers. I have some free packages to help you secure your dream jobs in any part of Nigeria and offshore of Nigerian coast. Details, http://getthejobs.webs.io

Cheers, ONE NIGERIA FOREVER!
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by tayog(m): 9:34am On Nov 17, 2007
@vindoheney
Subomi might be referring to some obvious pride in you esp displayed here in public. Well pride is good to some extent but it has limits. However I like your determination for consulting, just keep the fire burning. Will definitely succeed.
@Subomi
I would suggest that Alder, as an ideas company, begin to practise crowdsourcing for ideas on a freelance basis. Its working for leading firms in the world.
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by tayog(m): 9:34am On Nov 17, 2007
@vindoheney
Subomi might be referring to some obvious pride in you esp displayed here in public. Well pride is good to some extent but it has limits. However I like your determination for consulting, just keep the fire burning. Will definitely succeed.
@Subomi
I would suggest that Alder, as an ideas company, begin to practise crowdsourcing for ideas on a freelance basis. Its working for leading firms in the world.
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by funloving(m): 9:55am On Nov 18, 2007
So how much does this Alder firm pays grin

Hope it is in seven and eight figures because the way some people are lamenting their fate with the company, hmmm, me I bow. cheesy
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by magneto(m): 8:56am On Nov 19, 2007
wat is the gaddam website! abi applications don end?? undecided
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by RobbieLex: 9:45am On Nov 19, 2007
smiley awwww Subomi apology accepted, really nice that you came here to do that and most importantly that steps have been taken to correct that hiccup thus ending the line of broken hearts, thanks i'm really touched smiley

my fragile heart is already mended, lol, relentless seems to think you are really nice and i do to, infact you impressed me, i'll scan through my folders not sure if i still have my essay sad
but if i do i'll try and send it in, would like to go through this SCARY INTERVIEW process, (i'm already having goosebumps)

All the best to all the Alder hopefuls in the house, like some people previously said it is necessary to be yourself at all times, not sure what the typical Alder interview format is but for general group interviews you have to show leadership skills and ability to motivate others at all times,for business scenario type of interviews always try to look at the wider implications of things try PEST or SWOT that might help a bit, the trick i belive is to read in between the lines and think out side the box, i'm guessing Alder would be more interested in seeing how you look at things from the bigger picture, BUT like i said i don't know what the typical Alder format is this is just general interview information

Now let me see if i can dig out that essay of mine wink
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by RobbieLex: 9:48am On Nov 19, 2007
www.alder-consulting.com

thats the website address
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by xxgolld: 10:45am On Nov 20, 2007
Hi Subomi,

Like snazyzyuzo, i also got a call but had to reschedule because i was doing a training in Abuja then
are we to expect that call still or we should just forget it?

will appreciate an answer.

thank you.
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by reginol: 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2007
hey, nice to see Alder's generating so much attention. I used to work at Alder and i can tell u all its a lovely place to work, the frontdesk episode is not congruent with the usual Alder attitude.
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by kamsi(f): 8:18am On Nov 21, 2007
hello subomi, you aren't repling again, please do.
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by RobbieLex: 9:24am On Nov 21, 2007
Kamasi, i think you have to give subomi a break, making comments on this forum isnt exactly part of her job description smiley, she was nice enough to reply a couple of times so i think we should be satisfied with that for now, just keep your fingers crossed i am sure your interview will be rescheduled in no time,

yeah reginol i have heard the same alder praise before, people say its a really great place to work,
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by Elsholie: 9:36pm On May 28, 2008
please, i have been invited for an interview with Alder Consulting and i would like someone to give me an insight into how thier interview questions look like.
Re: When Alder Consulting Broke My Heart! by WarrenBaba: 9:45am On Sep 04, 2012
Hey all,
I have read with interest all that has been posted here. Though this is like coming late, but i have never experienced any of what y'all said . I wrote the essay, got called for the interview and was called exactly when they said they would. My phone was even switched off at the time and they still called till they got through to me. So if you didnt get the call from them...well..guess you didnt make the cut. I always had and would always recommend Alder to anyone that is interested in developing himself personally and intellectually.

Peace y'all.....

P.S - I didnt get to work there by the way. I had to go back to school. But i wish i could work there still, and y'all should asoire to do so too. Its a place for the best of the best

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Better To Send Cvs In Pdf Or Word Format? / 6 Impressive Questions To Ask In A Job Interview. / Appropriate Make-up For A Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.